Go Chicago!

What do you think about the sports world?
Al
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Go Chicago!

Post by Al »

Is it just me? Are the Bears the worst defending NFC champion ever? Fuck, they swap Interceptasaurus Rex for someone who throws just as many... When was the last time Chicago lost 2 straight to Detroit (DE-FUCKING-TROIT!?!)? I don't know, and I don't want to look it up, but I bet it was a season that they won less than 6 games. They're on course for another gem...

Is it too much to ask to have an offense in the NFL produce 14 points a game? Sorry, I'm drunk and still upset......

My only consolation is that they'll get a high draft pick. I can think of a couple of QBs who couldn't possibly be as bad as the ones they have.
Aevian Dreaklear
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: Bisky Campst

Re: Go Chicago!

Post by Aevian Dreaklear »

As a Bears fan, I feel your pain. I went to the University of Oklahoma, so of course I hated seeing the Bears draft Cedric Benson. I think in the same draft, the Bears had drafted JD Runnels, who played FB at OU. The idea of Runnels blocking for Benson gave me chills but whatever. Thomas Jones is a solid back and when the Bears let him go there went a big important part of the offense. Griese had a terrible game, but last week he led an amazing 4th quarter drive. All the Bears need is a veteran QB to manage the game which Griese can do until the Bears bring some kid up in the draft. I was really upset to see the Bears not going after any sort of QB in the offseason like Plummer or Garcia. Hell, they could have gone after Trent Green or Culpepper. Maybe they can go after McNabb or someone else this offseason.

It'll be interesting to see what the Bears draft this next year. Most people would scream QB in the first round, but you'd be at least a full season away from any sort of decent productivity. There aren't any Peyton Mannings in this draft. I'd rather have a solid quick RB that can produce right away in a simple one-cut running system instead of Benson's slow ass. A QB in the 2nd or 3rd round would be great.

15 carries for your RBs aren't going to get a win. If the Bears can get back to their identity of being a solid defense with a grind it out rushing offense, they might not suck next year. Until then, I guess I can just watch the Devin Hester highlights and see if A. Rod will sign with the Cubs.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Like it matters anyway... ESPN is now reporting that the New England Patriots just scored another touchdown!
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

noel wrote:Like it matters anyway... ESPN is now reporting that the New England Patriots just scored another touchdown!
By the year 2010, New England will have no black players on offense!

When the Colts play the Patriots next Sunday, the two offensive lines will both be pure honky.

Anyone have a link to the recent article where someone claims racism or some such?

Oh, and to stay on topic: The Bears screwed up by not dumping Grossman in the offseason and grabbing a free agent QB. In a lessor way, they screwed up by getting rid of Thomas Jones although I'm not a fan of his and don't think he's elite, he's better than Benson and plays with more enthusiasm.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

Dumping Jones for absolutely nothing was far worse than hoping Rex could have a good season. Thomas Jones is who made the Bears's offense what it was last year. Cedric Benson is as slow as molasses in winter and can't hold onto the damn ball. Relying on him for 75% of your running plays was one of the worst moves any GM made during the off-season.

Oh, and fire Ron Turner alfuckingready.
Al
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Al »

... Jones...
... A Rod...
... Jones...
... Jones...

I concur!