Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

4 Quicky Reviews

Post by Kylere »

DVD's I watched over the weekend.

Van Wilder: Okay I am scum and I rented the unrated version. Nice breast bouncing menu. Movie started casual, ran slow, and was exceptionally overformulaic ( which seemed to be the trend for the weekend of DVD's). I, was not, of course expecting Shakespeare but something new would be intriguing. One decent topless scene, a few small topless scenes and no Tara Reid nudity that would have made it worthwhile. This movie is not "Animal House" but more like CaddyShack 2.

Bad Company: Yawn, fomula formula formula, but someone forgot to give Chris Rock a sidekick. Sir Anthony Hopkins is bored out of his skull through the entire flick, and it shows. They spend 30 minutes of the film explaining things at kindergarden levels as they obviously assume all filmgoers are named Billy Bob and unable to grasp basic concepts. Double climax, rather than one, but that is also becoming formula. Chris Rock does have a few one liners worth a grin, but nothing stellar.

Murder By Numbers: I have a thing for Sandra Bullock so I tend to not be as mean as I could, but in truth the movie was not horrible. It did vary the formula some, and had the female loner cop rather than the male loner cop.

Changing Lanes: How can you make Samuel L Jackson boring? Pair him in a movie with the whitest man in America ( aka The Afflect with Puffy's sloppy seconds). The movie was cute, but never funny, interesting but never dramatic, and of course had one of those wonderful post wargames uberhackers who could do anything.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

I agree, Bad Company and Changing Lanes were both pretty terrible. :)

I too enjoyed the menus on Van Wilder!
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy