Rappelz

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Rappelz

Post by miir »

I'd be willing to test that theory
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Awwww what a cute creature card:

Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Rank 3 for me!

I r pk!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Don't be PK'ing your guildies!

I'll sick my Salamander on you!

Grats on R3!

Took the day off to do some Fantasy Football stuff and Photoshop stuff!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

If you decide to get to JobLvl 50 (Max) before changing/evolving Job, you will get some bonus-stats.

+2 to each stat after you get to job 50. So that means if your stats were 40/40/40/40/40/40 at job 40, at job 50 they would be 42/42/42/42/42/42.

+2 added to all your stats which results in an extra 4 p.atk, 60 hp, 60 mp, 4 m.atk etc.

Always good to have an edge over other players in PvP ;)
-

What others think about this.

1.2mil jp to increase your perma stats is well worth it in the long run. When you get to higher levels, your stats increase that much further.

i.e. I am a 70 priest on pantera server, I have 5% mana regen and without any buffs my mp is at 5180. Now, if i had not OB'd to 50 jlvl as a cleric, then my mp would be around 4200.

So, long story short, it only raises each stat by +2, but as each level calculates the base stats slightly higher, in the end game, those 2 stats make a large difference.

My advice is to ALWAYS overbreed your stats as those few additional attributes mean A LOT in the long run.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Hey Winnow,

I have a question on Assassins Impact. I have it now, but the cooldown is way too long for me to count on it (or the duration is not high enough). Do cards help that? I love it when it is on, but I miss it sorely when it is not.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm not going to OB because I can't see myself playing this game multiple years. It's going to take quite awhile to get to level 100 without OBing and I don't PvP!

I have a Sorcerer friend that just finished OB'ing their Orc to +10 before evolving it to Evo2. They're proud of it and it does allow for some old school boasting, same as if you were to get your weapon or armor up into the +7, +8 range.

The only thing in the game I think that's too harsh it the pet taming rates. I got one Salamander card in ten levels of XPing killing Salamanders. Even the very best breeders have a one in six shot of taming a Salamander. So, basically, after ten long levels of farming a creature card, it can be wiped out in the blink of an eye with nothing to show with a 16% chance of success. It's too harsh. It actually makes people quit the game out of frustration which is something no game maker should want. It's good to keep some creatures rare, but I'd suggest making the drops even rarer but if you do get a drop, increase the chances of success.

My suggestion is to sell eProtect for creature cards. If Rappelz wants to make money, sell eProtect for 5-10.00 which would save the card if a tame fails (just as weapons and armor are saved when using eProtect while trying to enhance) That way, y ou preserve the game being free and give free players the chance they have right now to succeed but allow those that wish to pay, a way to not quit by increasing a chance of success... and the paying customers are the ones you want to keep in the game anyway. The problem is that it's just too damn hard to tame a pet after it being extremely rare to get a creature card drop in the first place (ask Miir!)
Avestan wrote:Hey Winnow,

I have a question on Assassins Impact. I have it now, but the cooldown is way too long for me to count on it (or the duration is not high enough). Do cards help that? I love it when it is on, but I miss it sorely when it is not.
Yes, each +1 added to the Assassin Impact raises it one level which in turn reduces the cool down time while lengthening the duration. I've discussed this before in the thread, but that's why I paid 15M for a +4 Assassin Impact card. I currently have Assassin Impact at level 5 +4 which makes it effectively Level 9. The duration is now 7:54 with a cool down of ~9 minutes so I'm quadruple hitting 8 out of every 9 minutes. There is one more level I can get but I need Job level 30 Assassin to get there and that's going to be awhile. Oh, and the percentage chance to quadruple hit goes up each level as well. You start with 21% level one chance and I'm at 39% (2% per level) chance with 41% being the max next level.

You probably won't find a +4 card, and I failed 3 times (six total +1 cards wasted) to get a +3 card. As with creature cards, failing skill card combos is extremely frustrating as well. I would recommend at least getting a +1 card for ~500K or a +2 for around ~1.5M. It will make a little difference for you. I'd also recommend totally focusing on getting to job level 40 so you can get +3 Ass Impact and then get to Job level 10 in assassin to get it to +5, Job Level 15 to get it to +6 (with +7 being JL 30) Add whatever Ass Impact skill card bonus you manage to get to those numbers.

Here's my suggestion to everone. Fuck taming your own pets. When you get creature cards, sell them. If you get two B.Pixie cards, selling them both would give you enough money to buy a fresh tamed B.Pixie but trying to tame yourself gives you a less than 50% chance which is why trying to tame yourself is a bad idea and you lose everything instead of assuring yourself some goo RP by selling the card.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Yes, I tend to agree now.

in e3:
I tamed a tortus as a n00b, never used it..
later on, I sold my first B Pixie card drop, but then I got another. I tamed it myself! (its lvl 51 evo2 now)

in e4:
i tamed some dudes pantera for him.
then i got a red pixie card drop... so, feeling like i couldn't fail... i tried taming it, and failed.
yesterday i bought an empty blue pixie card. i talked to a dude with some high level taming and pluses, he said his success was only 60%.
so, I tried taming it myself... during the attempt, some guy came near me. i said im taming this please leave it alone. he came closer and attacked. i told him to get off. he killed it and the card disappeared. Then I killed him, hence the Wrath halo in the screenshot i posted above.

20 million down the flusher easy.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Damn Fash! Hate those fuxxerz doin' things like that!

Wish you could corpsecamp him! :D

What was his name??
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

I have a question about training on the island if anyone remembers what the deal is with the trainers. I finished the beginning training and went to the int-trainer did the quest but the advanced trainer says im not ready, did i miss something from the int trainer? also how do i make a pet at level 12? I have the spell but I'm not sure exactly what to do. I know people need cards for pets, does that apply for low levels as well? I have read you need to talk to a tamer npc, but I don't know where to find one on the trainer island. I see a npc named summoner something or other but she only says hello to be basically. Is there a level thing to make her talk to me?
Momopi Down warder of PD
Naala Momokitty Raid Assassin of PD Meow Meow
Naala the Breeder in Ted Club
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Momopi wrote:I have a question about training on the island if anyone remembers what the deal is with the trainers. I finished the beginning training and went to the int-trainer did the quest but the advanced trainer says im not ready, did i miss something from the int trainer? also how do i make a pet at level 12? I have the spell but I'm not sure exactly what to do. I know people need cards for pets, does that apply for low levels as well? I have read you need to talk to a tamer npc, but I don't know where to find one on the trainer island. I see a npc named summoner something or other but she only says hello to be basically. Is there a level thing to make her talk to me?

There's no tamers on newbie island. You have to wait until you leave the island to have a pet (unless you have a higher level character and then you can grab one from your shared warehouse).

When you get to the mainland, you can buy a basic pet card for 5K and then go try to tame the kind of pet you bought (tortus, pantera or poultry)
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Some cute petcards

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:There's no tamers on newbie island. You have to wait until you leave the island to have a pet (unless you have a higher level character and then you can grab one from your shared warehouse).

When you get to the mainland, you can buy a basic pet card for 5K and then go try to tame the kind of pet you bought (tortus, pantera or poultry)
There's a quest on trianee island that will reward 1 of the 3 basic pet cards (chicken, pather, turtle).
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Yeah, plus in e4 you don't need an npc tamer, you can form the creature yourself in alt+y.

Kwon, I don't remember his name, all I know is he died for his sins. :twisted:
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

yesterday i bought an empty blue pixie card. i talked to a dude with some high level taming and pluses, he said his success was only 60%.
so, I tried taming it myself... during the attempt, some guy came near me. i said im taming this please leave it alone. he came closer and attacked. i told him to get off. he killed it and the card disappeared. Then I killed him, hence the Wrath halo in the screenshot i posted above.
If your taming target dies before the tame finishes, it aborts and the card remains.
If your tame finished, it doesn't matter who kills the mob.
If your card disappeared, it was simply a failed tame.
You receive the tame succeed/fail message only after the mob dies.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:Some cute petcards
Yeah, the creature card artwork is great for the most part in Rappelz.

How can you say "some cute petcards" and not have a baby salamander???

awwwwwwwww

If all goes well, today or tomorrow, I should have Hotstuff leveled to 50 and can post an Evo2 pick which is a total morph between the two evolution stages. (almost like minnow to frog)

Thanks for posting those creature cards for Miir Kwon! : )

FYI, I've been at salamanders now from 44-57 with ONE Salamander Card drop so it's not like I'm rolling in card drops.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

57?! damnit! :?
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fash wrote:57?! damnit! :?
You'll never catch me!

Leveling the Salamander slowed me down for awhile due to lack of B.Pixie heals but I found a good food/potion rotation to keep me killing non stop. I also leveled my armor mastery up three more levels.

Until Hotstuff hits level 50, I buy 20 Healing foods (Fried Tortus Nuggets!), 20 Mana Drinks (Green Tea), and 30 level 3 potions and that keeps me up and running. with 180 second refresh on the food/drinks, a quantity of 20 is perfect for a one hour SS session which also fills my 500 lack necklace. 20/20/30 maxes my weight at 74% (75% causes you to move like a snail)

Not a great screenshot (my arm is sticking through my neck) but it shows my current (give me back my B.Pixie!) setup. Getting all those potions and food/drinks will cost you about 25K but will get you through a nice hour bloodbath SS session.

If you look real close up in the moutains, you might see Hotstuff curled up taking a nap...because he's useless in battle! :twisted:
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

So he's just a cute but worthless candyguzzling piece of doh?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

So long little Evo1 guy! Thanks for the memories! (that little baby rattle didn't help much!)

Introducing Hotstuff V2.0:

rawr!

He soloed a level 15 poultry to prove himself.

I think Hot Stuff could take down Whitney just using the pointy things on it's knees!

Jk, PvE!

It turned out to be this card:

Snapshot of stats after hitting level 58. Luck seems to be the hardest thing to raise (which raises crits) Another +12 luck ring will get me to 13% crits but I think I'm stuck after that until random Job Leveling stat increases it. Swapping +1 crit earring for +2 for 14%.

Pooped from leveling the pet to 50. I'd like to get myself another 1.5 levels to hit 60 so I can swap out the level 40 soul stones with new level 60's but I need a break. I grabbed Madden 08 yesterday for the 360. Going to check it out! BBL.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

omg bunny mask and cat ears that is the way to win the game.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fron Rappelz forums:
A quick look at the server naming conventions clearly points to servers being named after pets:

* Salamander
* Lydian
* Tortus
* Bahamut
* Yeti
* Pantera
* Siren

The Bahamut server would sort of be the black sheep of the bunch if it were the only server not linked with a pet.

From what I have read, Bahamut is a pet of "Epic" rarity (a winged demon, iirc). It's not implemented yet and it's not the White Dragon afaik.
Interesting that I randomly picked Bahamut to start on but it's sort of like the "Veeshan" server of Rappelz.

Sweeeeeet.

I look for that kind of stuff. If you check the loading screen, you see a Breeder encountering an Angel. I imagine an end game scenario where a high level breeder must tame an obscenely hard to tame mob:

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

you see a Breeder encountering an Angel. I imagine an end game scenario where a high level breeder must tame an obscenely hard to tame mob
That's not a breeder.
Wrong race.
Also, you can't tame while on a mount.

dumbass. :lol:
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

She may have black hair (Asuran) but her armor looks strikingly similar to the Breeders R3 armor! :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:She may have black hair (Asuran) but her armor looks strikingly similar to the Breeders R3 armor! :D
I think it looks exactly the same as R3 Sorc armor.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:
you see a Breeder encountering an Angel. I imagine an end game scenario where a high level breeder must tame an obscenely hard to tame mob
That's not a breeder.
Wrong race.
Also, you can't tame while on a mount.

dumbass. :lol:
miir wrote:I think it looks exactly the same as R3 Sorc armor.

R4 Breeder armor:

R4 Sorcerer armor:

Picture in question:

Dark photo. The hair is light brown.

Double dumbass on you!

The taming hasn't begun. The breeder is still sizing up her target.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

If you get lost easily in Rappelz!

http://www.rappelze4.com/map
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

Thanks for the help yesterday kwon! makes me sad knowing I could have had a pet like 6 or 7 levels before. I'm going to enjoy leveling up my stuff so what level do i need to be to tame the stuff you need me to?
Momopi Down warder of PD
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Momopi wrote:Thanks for the help yesterday kwon! makes me sad knowing I could have had a pet like 6 or 7 levels before. I'm going to enjoy leveling up my stuff so what level do i need to be to tame the stuff you need me to?
A breeder has zero advantage over any any other class for taming until they are over JL40...

Unless you buy rupees for $ to twink out your breeder and buy a big supply of stamina savers.... you're going to have to deal with slow, frustrating leveling.
It took me almost a month to get my breeder to level 41.
Frustration set in at that point and I started a Kahuna.
It took me a week to get my Kahuna to level 43.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

what is the point of a breeder then?
Momopi Down warder of PD
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Bend over and I'll show you...

:shock:

o-face
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Momopi wrote:what is the point of a breeder then?
At high levels (r3/4), breeder pets can tank very well. So well that they can substitue in place of a real tank.
When you get up into the 80s (job level), a breeder is the class who will be taming the angels, salamanders and other rare pets. The success rate on taming rare pets will still be shitty, but it's a lot less shitty than other classes.

So basically, a breeder is a second rate tank that can potentially make a few million rupees once in a while by pressing their tame creature hotkey.

When I started a breeder (in epic3), I thought the same as you... that I could make some decent cash taming pets and that I could help out friends by taming for them. In epic4, they screwed breeders for taming until JL40.

I already went through all of this in a previous post but I'll post it again...

Breeder skill sets are total shit as well.
The support toggles aren't bad but you can only use 1 at a time.
You can buff pet STR for a nice p.atk bonus, but it's a shit buff compared to a Kahunas p.atk buff.
You can buff pet INT for a nice m.atk bonus but it's rubbish compared to a clerics m.atk buff.
You also get some so-so defense buffs, but like the support toggles, you can only use 1 of them at a time.

The self heal and pet heal have high mana costs.
Breeders have no passives or buffs to increase mana regen.

You're double fucked because you have to pump a fuckton of JP into both yours and your pets atk and def passives.
The creature breeding passive is another waste of JP now that pets level so fast. My Kahuna actually levels pets faster than my breeder with maxed breeding because breeder XP rate is so fucking slow (slow kills = shitty XP).
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

I have to get used to the fact that its called a breeder which is pet related but yet just about everyone else can use pets too. I guess ill just stick it out for now and see how I like it. Thanks for the info too I appreciate it a lot. I'm kinda suprised you guys didnt name the guild pretty hangmans!
Momopi Down warder of PD
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Check this out Momopi and see if it interests you to reach the higher lvls with Breeder! :D

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

WTF doesn't Rappelz have it's own forum yet?
We need more than one thread.
Hell we have more people playing it than Vanguard and LOTR combined. :)
Sabek
Just Sabek
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Sabek wrote:WTF doesn't Rappelz have it's own forum yet?
We need more than one thread.
Hell we have more people playing it than Vanguard and LOTR combined. :)
http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/view ... 7&p=367937

I asked :) the fnord said no! j/k.. i kinda agree with aslanna who said it's actually pretty organized like this.
Last edited by Fash on August 15, 2007, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

I'll just stick with it I guess since I have never been a pet class before. I can just assume that breeders at high levs have the best pets.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Momo

If you manage to reach Joblvl 10 as a Master Breeder, i recommend using an Orc and a Skeleton for your Dual Summoning for that added DPS! :D

If you manage to stick with the class, you will become listed on Bahamuts Tamerlist and people will contact you to tame certain critters for them (for a specific amount of cash). One thing Breeders got going for them, if they manage to reach the upper echelon! :D

Most important though, is to have fun! :)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

MY goal is to get different sets of ears and keep playing! Might try for the teddy bear ears first or maybe the bunny ears. Is the only way to get those is to buy them from the store?
Momopi Down warder of PD
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Momopi wrote:MY goal is to get different sets of ears and keep playing! Might try for the teddy bear ears first or maybe the bunny ears. Is the only way to get those is to buy them from the store?
Buy from store or buy from a player who once bought them from the store, i've seen people selling Bunnymasks, cloaks and ears in their shops. Pretty expensive though, 8-10 mill rupees or so.

Nothing i could afford, saving up for a decent pet! :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

omg millions
Momopi Down warder of PD
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:Momo

If you manage to reach Joblvl 10 as a Master Breeder, i recommend using an Orc and a Skeleton for your Dual Summoning for that added DPS! :D

If you manage to stick with the class, you will become listed on Bahamuts Tamerlist and people will contact you to tame certain critters for them (for a specific amount of cash). One thing Breeders got going for them, if they manage to reach the upper echelon! :D

Most important though, is to have fun! :)
Do you have any idea how much of an annoyance dual summoning is?
You will be spending 10% of your playtime summoning pets.

At level 7 dual Summon, you will have a pet that lasts 59 seconds.
Cast time is around 6 seconds.
You cannot resummon the second pet until it poofs.
Absolutely ridiculous mechanic for a grind game.

How would you feel if Kahuna buffs had a duration of 60 seconds?
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

If the manaregen was a tad higher/faster and the mana-enhancing items as well as pots and drinks were better, i'd prolly manage with 1 min buffs. :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:If the manaregen was a tad higher/faster and the mana-enhancing items as well as pots and drinks were better, i'd prolly manage with 1 min buffs. :D
You're missing my point but providing even more ammunition to my breeders suck argument.

Breeder mana regen is poor... it's horrendous compared to Kahunas.

Kahuna can plow through lvl+ 2 mobs non-stop.
I'm not exaggerating one bit.
It's only when I was doing lvl+ 4 or higher mobs where I would have to take it a bit slower and chug a few mana potions or scrolls. Breeder could only keep up a non-stop pace on level- 4 mobs and the kills were slower. Anything higher level would require a stack of mana potions, scrolls and drinks to keep on at a decent grinding pace.

I couldnt fathom having to cast a new pet every 60 seconds to even come close to the XP/Kill rate of other classes. I mean seriously, thats 10% of your gameplay time spent standing still waiting for your pet summon to cast.

Well at least there is an exploit that hasn't been fixed yet that allows MBs to have perma-ish dual pets.

But really kwon until you have played a breeder at least to level 40, don't try to make them sound like a decent class... I'm just trying to save momo a lot of frustration.

I suggest you shitcan the Breeder and make a Holy Warrior or Cleric... at least those 2 classes are kinda fun.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

As a 54 champion, and even when I was 52, I'm able to plow through mobs 58-63 non-stop. The mobs are LUCKY to last 3 rounds.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fash wrote:As a 54 champion, and even when I was 52, I'm able to plow through mobs 58-63 non-stop. The mobs are LUCKY to last 3 rounds.
What? There was a mob in front of me? All I see is a pile of rupees as a strider/assassin for anything within seven levels of me! :twisted:
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Even more proof of the suckage of breeders!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Score! got one of my Hands of the Dark to +6. I used eProtect though just in case!

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I think I need to head into the dungeons or something. I'm taking down mobs 20 levels above me fairly easily without needing heals or even losing half my hps during the fight. I may have over-tweaked myself! There's no incentive to kill the level 70+ mobs as the chance for loot lessens at +7 levels much less +20.

There's some goofy looking mobs running around the countryside!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You should join us for the cthonian bosses Oforia and Abhuva in the ML dungeon next time Skeevsy!

We need ya! :D

Maybe you will find some challenge (or not) against them.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---