Music/concert reviews and discussion

Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Anyone going to see Rage?

Post by Sueven »

I know Gzette already did.

They're playing four more shows: July 28, NYC; July 29, NYC; August 11, San Bernardino; August 18, San Fransisco.

Along with Wu-Tang, Nas, Mos Def, Cypress Hill, The Roots, Talib Kweli, Mr. Lif, Public Enemy, etc.

May or may not be your last chance!
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

they were good too btw :)

even played Renegades of Funk, a personal fave I didn't expect to hear. Im sure itd be better to see them in a non-festival atmosphere. The only other time i saw them they opened up for U2 at the Cotton Bowl...yeah not so good
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Counter culture leaders Rage against the Machine are signed to Sony or some other huge corporation yeah?

(Just sayin)
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Yeah probably. I wasn't defending them as icons of the revolution, just wondering whether anyone was going to see them.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Nick wrote:Counter culture leaders Rage against the Machine are signed to Sony or some other huge corporation yeah?

(Just sayin)
"When you live in a capitalistic society, the currency of the dissemination of information goes through capitalistic channels. Would Noam Chomsky object to his works being sold at Barnes & Noble? No, because that's where people buy their books. We're not interested in preaching to just the converted. It's great to play abandoned squats run by anarchists, but it's also great to be able to reach people with a revolutionary message, people from Granada Hills to Stuttgart."

So sayeth Morello.
Markulas
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Re: Anyone going to see Rage?

Post by Markulas »

got a front row ticket to go see rage in wisconsin. anyone else going there?
I'm going to live forever or die trying
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Saw the NY show.

Rage rocked it. I didn't expect them to play as well as they did, but they pretty much nailed everything.

Actually, the whole show was pretty awesome. Everybody I saw put together an above average set. Personal highlights were Talib Kweli and Public Enemy, but honestly everybody played well.

It poured for the first few hours. I thought that this would be a bad thing, except it just prevented the whole place from being oppressively hot and sweaty and smelly. So it was a good thing. Also, apparently the festival ran out of water the previous day (when it was hot and sweaty and smelly), so thank god I missed out on that.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Your feet were dry!

I agree with everything Sueven said (since I was with him at the show). Having downloaded numerous Rage shows, spanning their entire career, I have to say that they have not lost any of the Rage sound or energy. I was slightly upset that Zach did not talk about politics like he normally does during concerts, but maybe it allowed him to play more music.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Yeah, apparently that guy above me lost like half the skin on his feet due to them being soaking wet for like 15 hours. Seems that I have higher quality shoes. Or higher quality foot skin.