EoF Beta Pictures and Video (Image Heavy)

Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

EoF Beta Pictures and Video (Image Heavy)

Post by Lynnsie »

Here are some pictures from the Echoes of Faydwer beta. Some of them didn't turn out as well as I had hoped but they aren't bad for just a balanced graphics setting. The expansion is set to go live on November 14th and looks to be pretty promising, hopefully there's enough content for both sides of the spectrum so that the raiders aren't bored in 2 months. Hope you like the pics.

This is a screenshot from the docks in Butcherblock(yes we finally get boats!)

These next 2 are from Lesser Faydark

An archway leading to Kelethin

Some fae starting out at the nursery in Greater Faydark

Up in the trees in the city

Stairs leading up to Castle Mistmoore(Tons of stairs)

Inside the ballroom in Mistmoore Castle

One of the Avatars found in Kaladim (Most of them are epic raid targets)

Here's a video that I found on youtube that shows a tour of Kelethin and the fae glide and dance mechanics. It's not the greatest resolution but it shows enough for you to get the idea. And the music you hear is actually the music they have playing in Kelethin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FzUUGAvB3w
Fenna
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fenna »

Thanks for the images! I'm looking forward to the expansion. I don't know what I think about the Fae yet. I imagine they can't actually "fly," due to possible zone exploitation, which means they must hover all the time.
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Awww Fae's look cool. What classes can they be?
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

The Fae can be any Qeynos (good) aligned class. You can make them Freeport aligned but you have to do the betrayal quest and end up living in Freeport. I wouldn't go through all that trouble to make a fae and level it up a bit then betray just to live in a zone that I've been able to see and visit for the last 2 years, kinda takes out the fun of being a fae imo. You can stay in Faydwer and level your character from 1-70 with completely new quests and zones. No reason to go back to Qeynos or Freeport.

If I see anything else before the 14th that looks cool I'll post more screenshots. Let me know if ya'll have any more questions.
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Nooooo no more pictures. I'm sooo tempted. Must...not...give...in....

LOL I kid, looks cool.
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

Come to the dark side Gemily!
Fortune favors the brave!
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

<3 Teg, but no, if I came to EQII I'd have to be a Fae. No dark side for me. :wink:
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Come play on Perma!

There's gonna be quite a few of us starting up Fae alts.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

I will betray then! Just for you!

In fact,i will start the quest right now!
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Maybe its just me, but screenshots of game content no longer does anything for me. Not trying to dig on EQ2 or these screenshots (they are nice), just wondering if I've become desensitized to it all. At one time I would have been "Wow! Nice!" but now I'm like "Meh."
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Lalanae wrote:Maybe its just me, but screenshots of game content no longer does anything for me. Not trying to dig on EQ2 or these screenshots (they are nice), just wondering if I've become desensitized to it all. At one time I would have been "Wow! Nice!" but now I'm like "Meh."
I've gotten the same way.

Looks good in game, but screenshots look just boring.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Lalanae wrote:Maybe its just me, but screenshots of game content no longer does anything for me. Not trying to dig on EQ2 or these screenshots (they are nice), just wondering if I've become desensitized to it all. At one time I would have been "Wow! Nice!" but now I'm like "Meh."
If I weren't in the beta and just had these screenshots to look at, I'd probably feel the same too. The developers have changed so much just with this expansion that it almost doesn't feel like EQ2 anymore. They've messed with the combat mechanics, yet again, to give more room for item progression and content progression, they say. Seems like with every major expansion they introduce some sort of new combat mechanic, been happening ever since Live Update 13.

They are bringing the gods back, with this expansion, atleast their Avatars. There are series of quests you are able to do with your character to worship a deity of your choice. Qeynos aligned citizens can choose Mithaniel Marr, Tunare, and Quellious. Freeport citizens can choose Innoruuk, Cazic Thule and Rallos Zek. Solusek Ro and Brell Serilis are the 2 neutral gods that anyone from either city can choose to worship. Players do quests to gain faction with these deities in return for "blessings and miracles." If anyone is interested in what those blessings and miracles are for each god, I can dig up some info, but I'm lazy and won't do it if you don't care to read it.

We also get 2 new alternate tradeskill choices, Transmuting (think WoW enchanting) and Tinkering. Transmuters can make a lot of different augments/adornments to go on your gear to increase resistances or HP/Mana, etc.

Mayong and Wuoshi are back in EoF and are the 2 main top end raid bosses of the expansion. Armor sets for group and raid content are available (yay more WoW?) Legendary armor sets drop in group instances and have a bonus available to them when you wear 3 or more pieces. Fabled armor sets come from raid mobs and the BP and Legs come from Mayong and Wuoshi respectively.

There's a lot more going on with EoF than you might think, just gotta dig a little to find out about it. The graphics, ofcourse, look really nice and there are a lot, and I mean A LOT of content for groupers/soloers, especially if you're rerolling a Fae alt in Kelethin. With the amount of quests and zones there are geared toward 1-65..you won't be bored anytime soon. I'd say it's an expansion worth a try if you have the time to really get yourself into it.
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

So I guess Perma it is. Can only play casual though. I still love WoW and I found a guild i'm very happy with, so raid nights are reserved for them.

What is everyone's name on Perma? I'll put you on friend's list and say hello when I get in.

Lynnsie, info on the gods would own, very likely I would allign with Tunare, for old time sake.

EEep Teggy dont betray, make a lil Fae alt and grow up with me :vv_wave1: :vv_ranger2:
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

I just got home but I will dig up the info later. You can add Calirian and Saryia to your friends list when you get on Perma, although I'll probably be leveling a Fae alt, name still undetermined.
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

I don't wanna be a gay faerie, sorry, i am by heart a dark elf. i amn only level 16 anyway, but I will get my betrayal done this week end most likely.

Name is Tegellan btw!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

See, I was sort of the opposite. I thought the screenshots were ok, but in the beta I felt pretty underwhelmed. Mostly it was the Fae that did it; they were every bit as disapointing to me as I thought they'd be.

My account expires on the 22nd :/
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

Stop whining and come play with the rest of us wench!
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

I am considering picking up EQII-EOF on Tuesday for grins, but I am concerned about it looking and running like ass on my tired old comp. I have a 2.6GHz Intel with 2Gig DDR with a X1600 PRO AGP graphics card.

How will the game look & play on my old box?

As it might matter, I will be running the game at 1280x1024 (yes, seriously).
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

I run it on a laptop with 512 mb ram, 1.4 gh cpu and a 64 mb graphics card at 1280 x 600, and while it doesn't run great it runs ok, so I think you will do fine.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

I will also be picking it up sometime in the near future. I'm interested in coming back and seeing how the game goes, always had fun when I played.
Fenna
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fenna »

It's out today, and I'm excited. I'm going to buy the retail DVD, as it will make future installation a snap (having all the expansions on the DVD).

Lots of folks were talking over the channels last night that the expansion was going live at 4:00 AM PST. I kept asking about server downtime, but no one seemed to know. I imagine they must have brought the servers down, or will today.

Has anyone been on to see how it's going? I'm going to stay clear of the Fay newbie zones for a couple weeks.

*Edit - I just read on the forums that the servers are down until at least 4:00 PM PST. If they do come up after that, it might be a bottleneck trying to log in. It may be a TV night for me.