PVP banes and baits

WoW Discussion
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

PVP banes and baits

Post by Xzion »

what is your class/built's bane in PVP and who are your baits?

as an ice mage i have a lot of trouble with warlocks and hunters (although i have been doing better and even took out acouple of epic hunters by some lucky pet sheeps and a few good blasts in the deadzone, but these usually arn't marksmanship ones) i can kill warlocks every once in a while, but they almost always kick my ass, shamans can be a pain too

baits would be warriors and rogues, both are easy kills for even a half way decent mage of any build, of course the mad epic'd out ones occasionally cause some trouble if they can get off and a few good hits despite my ice block,(the high warlord horde warrior on my server usually kills me pretty easily 1v1, im not gonna lie :-x , then again i only have knight captain gear atm) pallies are usually easy too, but retribution spec can cause some trouble
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

As a feral druid, warriors are always pretty easy, and I have a good score vs rogues as well. Mages lose a lot of thier tactics when fighting a druid since they cannot lock us down, so I'd put them in my easier category as well.

I don't think I've ever won against a warlock. Ever. Priests are either an easy kill, or they annihilate me, there's rarely ever a good, close priest fight for me. Fear are what allow both of these classes to pretty much have thier way with me if they play correctly.

Mostly, it comes down to equipment with me. I have 3 purple items, all of which I won or bought on my own. (Warden Staff, Darkmoon Necklace, and Heroism card) I'm in pretty much the best blues with the best enchants I can get though, so if I'm ever against someone in equal gear, I'll give myself the advantage more of the time than not.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Banes: other hunters. I am always going up against hunters that are waaaay better equipped than I am, and die in the face of withering high DPS rifle/bow/xbow fire.

Baits: usually warlocks & mages. I can usually kite around rogues that get the drop on me, which is good fun, often ruined by another alliance player that happens by.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Banes: Priests, Warlocks. Tho I do know a fire arcy mage who can own any priest cause of AP+Pyro+PoM & pryo again.

Baits: Rogues, Warriors, Hunters, Shamans, pretty much any melee. Bar feral druid.
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Gnomies
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gnomies »

Arcane Mage

HATE:Shadow Priests and Warlocks
Gnomies Tinkerbeans~
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Fairweather Pure wrote:As a feral druid, warriors are always pretty easy, and I have a good score vs rogues as well. Mages lose a lot of thier tactics when fighting a druid since they cannot lock us down, so I'd put them in my easier category as well.

I don't think I've ever won against a warlock. Ever. Priests are either an easy kill, or they annihilate me, there's rarely ever a good, close priest fight for me. Fear are what allow both of these classes to pretty much have thier way with me if they play correctly.

Mostly, it comes down to equipment with me. I have 3 purple items, all of which I won or bought on my own. (Warden Staff, Darkmoon Necklace, and Heroism card) I'm in pretty much the best blues with the best enchants I can get though, so if I'm ever against someone in equal gear, I'll give myself the advantage more of the time than not.
heh its funny how everyone has their own banes and baits based on play style despite class
i would actually say feral druids are one of my easier kills

usually i sheep em, of course they get out but it gives me enough time to get off a frost bolt by the time they get to me, il cast my 2 instants, freeze em, blink away in a random direction, giving me just enough time to get another bolt off before they get to me, then of course ice block for stuns and resets on instants and i usually have a kill, a hard fought one but a kill

either way feral druids are one of my favorite classes to fight as it is always very close, but i can see how a fire or arcane mage would barely be able to stand a chance

of course there is always the dumbass feral who will try to duel me in cat form! always a very easy kill then
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

As a druid, locks and shaman will beat me regardless of spec.

Since im usually healing specced, rogues will 'usually' get me, but it can be close.

Other than that easiest to hardest regardless of spec:

Hunter - sleep the pet,, root the hunter, work the dead zone (keep abolish poison on at all times!)
Warrior - If it's an MS/Fury war, humiliate them in bear, Def humilate them with moonfire (let it tick full!) and just let your rejuv heal more than they hurt (don't drop under 20%!)
Mage - heal their nukes til they are oom if they are good, otherwise melee for laughs
Priest/Healing druid (these can just take days and i end up falling asleep)
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

pyrella wrote:Priest/Healing druid (these can just take days and i end up falling asleep)
Bubba's druid and mine had a 10+ minute duel going on.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

In 1v1 during BG's or world pvp, I don't really fear anyone other than paladins. It's not so much a fear, but its obnoxious mana burning and then trying to kill them.

I'm an UD Shadow Priest, nerf me because I'm too overpowered /cry /whine.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Psyloche wrote:In 1v1 during BG's or world pvp, I don't really fear anyone other than paladins. It's not so much a fear, but its obnoxious mana burning and then trying to kill them.

I'm an UD Shadow Priest, nerf me because I'm too overpowered /cry /whine.
I was going to say something about paladins....the damned things take way too long to kill!! I don't think much of the damage they can met out, but christ I have troubls going up against them 1v1 in a BG situation, where another alliance can join in and pitch the battle against me. Ever time I fight one I am shouting out loud "JUST FUCKING DIE!!!!"

assholes.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I watched most of a duel between a resto druid and a holy paladin. It apparently lasted over 45 minutes. Some were saying over an hour.

When I am on my Feral Druid, Warlocks are the only pita class for me.

On my Disc/Holy Priest, I don't remember having trouble with any class at all. Some fights just last longer than others.

On my rogue, hunters are a pita ONLY because of the FD/Trap deal. I $#@^ing HATE when they do that.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Skogen wrote:I was going to say something about paladins....the damned things take way too long to kill!! I don't think much of the damage they can met out, but christ I have troubls going up against them 1v1 in a BG situation, where another alliance can join in and pitch the battle against me. Ever time I fight one I am shouting out loud "JUST FUCKING DIE!!!!"

assholes.
23/0/28 (Divine Favor/Vengeance 3) Paladin here... I love you too.

For me, it's a mage who blows all his cooldowns one after another, and FUCK COUNTERSPELL when I'm low on health. The problem is living long enough till they run OOM. Then the fucker just sheeps, evocates, and we start all over.

Shadow priests and warlocks can be a pain, but when they depend too much on fear I can easily heal up and go at them again.

Feral druids take forever to kill.

Rogues are so funny that one stun and some consecration is all I need to take them down to hammer time!

Warriors need to be toe-to-toe. It's mostly about spell damage since their mitigation is so high.

This SS was from an AV where all 3 rogues went up 1 vs 1 on me. They got the jump on me via stealth/stun too. In the end, you can guess what happened:
Don't start what you can't finish you pussies!
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

good for nuthin paladin scum.

or do you die like a good lil' paladin?
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Skogen wrote:good for nuthin paladin scum.

or do you die like a good lil' paladin?
I am good for something: Killing Horde over and over and over. :D

I don't die, I delay the inevitable.

The only time I have ever bubble-hearthed was solo-running to the ZG enchant guy in a fully popped instance.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

As a feral druid, I don't even bother dueling pallies because it takes so long. Mana was never an issue, so Innervate dosen't speed things up like I hoped it would.

The last pallie duel I did, we went on and on for 15 minutes, and I look and we are both at full mana.....still. So I went cat form and just went to town, never stopping to heal or interrupt or anything. I almost beat him too, which is the surprising part. He didn't realize that I was bored to tears and just wanted to end it, because he gloated in /tell for the next 10 minutes telling me his strat for defeating me. :roll:
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Fairweather Pure wrote:As a feral druid, I don't even bother dueling pallies because it takes so long. Mana was never an issue, so Innervate dosen't speed things up like I hoped it would.

The last pallie duel I did, we went on and on for 15 minutes, and I look and we are both at full mana.....still. So I went cat form and just went to town, never stopping to heal or interrupt or anything. I almost beat him too, which is the surprising part. He didn't realize that I was bored to tears and just wanted to end it, because he gloated in /tell for the next 10 minutes telling me his strat for defeating me. :roll:
What was his amazing strat? Not getting bored first? :lol:
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

I had a druid try to play the "who can outlast the other" game. He had successfully done it to a warrior, mage, and another paladin.

He challenges me, and I go to town on him. He goes bear form and starts the whole stalling tactic by smacking and jumping around. About 4 minutes later, we're both at 90% health and I'm OOM. So I decided to play him at his own game. I went sword and board, gave him Judgement of Wisdom, and kept Seal of Wisdom on myself. Along with Blessing of Wisdom, combined with my MP5 from my gear... I have some sick mana regen for a paladin.

The rest of the fight went something like this:

Druid smacks me.
I hit druid.
- Seal of Wisdom Regen
- Judgement of Wisdom Regen

^-- Repeat that about 3 more times.

Druid: "WTF are you doing?"

Me: /smile

Repeat melee/mana regen x3

Druid: "No, seriously, stop that."

Me: "Make me."

Repeat melee/mana regen x3

Druid: "Stop that and kill me."

Me: "Eventually."

After about another minute, we're both still around 90% health, but I'm back at full mana. Druid cancels the duel and he's pissed. Everyone watching, including those that lost to him, start cheering for me.

Druid sends me a tell "How the hell did you get your mana back so fast?!" I laughed, told him about the finer details of wisdom spells, and left.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Paladins arent even a real class!!!
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Pallie vs Druid is probably one of the most balanced duels in WoW. Note, I said balanced, I didn't say fun.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

It should be Paladin vs. Shaman, but unfortunately that will never happen.