patch 1.12!

WoW Discussion
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

patch 1.12!

Post by Xzion »

go to worldofwarcraft.com and check it out, badass for pvp players!

now there will be cross realm PVP! so i dont have to put up with the dumbass alliance on my server who race AV and dont know how to spell defense in wsg, also no wait time, at all

also, even more badass they are putting conquerable spots throughout the world to add a revolutionary level of world PVP

as someone who just hit 60 yesterday to find out alliance are a bunch of little morons on my server in PVP, this is great
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

also, even more badass they are putting conquerable spots throughout the world to add a revolutionary level of world PVP
How is it revolutionary when Anarchy Online had the same thing over 4 years ago.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

miir wrote:
How is it revolutionary when Anarchy Online had the same thing over 4 years ago.
I don't know how revolutionary it is, or if I'd call it that, but I must say I'm pretty excited about it, along with cross-server BG's. Although it might just mean I'm fighting even more tier 2/3 Alliance in my zomgawesome blues. I hate losing to epic'd out teams, but god I love when I take down a few during the games.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

I'm assuming based on their current infrastructure that servers will be linked based on their actual physical location in the world. So all the EST servers will be linked, PST's together, etc.

One thing that could really suck is if you link servers together that share the same faction inbalance, as in 3 servers that have a significant number of more Alliance than Horde, that'll just make the queues even longer rather than shorter. Unfortunately, Blizzard can pose the arguement that "server populations change all the time. So there is no way to determine if the balance is even now, but unbalanced next week."

I guess it's gonna be trial and error. This is something no one has ever tried before, so it'll definitely be guinea pig testing for a while.

It would be awesome if they could link up with servers from other time zones. I'd love see Pyrella in a BG and give him a good smacking! :D :vv_love:
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

World PvP -

[11:42pm] Alliance Has Gained Ironforge!
[11:43pm] The Horde Is Attacking Ironforge!
[11:45pm] The Horde Has Gained Ironforge!

Repeat for the next twelve months.
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

If you thought things were bad in Tarren Mills/Southshore before...

I wonder how this will affect battleground usage.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Animalor wrote:If you thought things were bad in Tarren Mills/Southshore before...

I wonder how this will affect battleground usage.
Anything that encourages world PvP is a good thing.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Psyloche wrote:
miir wrote:
I don't know how revolutionary it is, or if I'd call it that, but I must say I'm pretty excited about it, along with cross-server BG's. Although it might just mean I'm fighting even more tier 2/3 Alliance in my zomgawesome blues. I hate losing to epic'd out teams, but god I love when I take down a few during the games.
about that, not confirmed but i heard a rumor from the same people that told me about cross realm pvp before it was announced that fully epiced out players will not be able to fight the same BGs as those of us who are not, so if an epicd player were to join a 60, non epic battleground clicking his gear would lead to "you cannnot use this item here"
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Sargeras wrote:One thing that could really suck is if you link servers together that share the same faction inbalance, as in 3 servers that have a significant number of more Alliance than Horde, that'll just make the queues even longer rather than shorter. Unfortunately, Blizzard can pose the arguement that "server populations change all the time. So there is no way to determine if the balance is even now, but unbalanced next week."
I only know of like 4-5 servers that have more Horde than faggots, so isn't continuing imbalance (and long-ass queues for said faggots) a forgone conclusion?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Sargeras wrote: I'd love see Pyrella in a BG and give him a good smacking! :D :vv_love:
So you'd bubble hearth in 45 seconds instead of 2 mins?! =P
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Xzion wrote:about that, not confirmed but i heard a rumor from the same people that told me about cross realm pvp before it was announced that fully epiced out players will not be able to fight the same BGs as those of us who are not, so if an epicd player were to join a 60, non epic battleground clicking his gear would lead to "you cannnot use this item here"
I would have to call bullshit on that rumor. There really is no reason/method I could think of that would really work. What could differentiate between a purple and a BWL purple, and why would the people who had that gear be stopped from using it AFTER entering the zone when they could before?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I could see having a point value embedded on the gear so that if you are at a certain point value you could not enter or get segregated to a different queue. Granted this would have to have had a lot of foresight on Blizzards part. I just don't see that happening.
dibit_eq
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by dibit_eq »

They could use the piece of gears level as a rating system. I think the BLW purples are all lvl 75-77 items, except nefarions lvl 83 pieces. Other purples that 60's could wear like the Heroism set are just lvl 60 items. I dont know if they'll actually put in a mechanic like this, but just an idea on how they'd implement it.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

dibit_eq wrote:They could use the piece of gears level as a rating system. I think the BLW purples are all lvl 75-77 items, except nefarions lvl 83 pieces. Other purples that 60's could wear like the Heroism set are just lvl 60 items. I dont know if they'll actually put in a mechanic like this, but just an idea on how they'd implement it.
Based on their track record, it will take them 8-10 months to implement a system like that.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

dibit_eq wrote:They could use the piece of gears level as a rating system. I think the BLW purples are all lvl 75-77 items, except nefarions lvl 83 pieces. Other purples that 60's could wear like the Heroism set are just lvl 60 items. I dont know if they'll actually put in a mechanic like this, but just an idea on how they'd implement it.
I would hope not. It would require people to carry multiple sets of gear. Then again, they have to do that for the resists now! Really though, I don't see this being a good idea in any way other than to lessen the whining on one side and open it up on another since those with the BWL purples would be waiting in queue even longer.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Xzion wrote:
Psyloche wrote:
miir wrote:
about that, not confirmed but i heard a rumor from the same people that told me about cross realm pvp before it was announced that fully epiced out players will not be able to fight the same BGs as those of us who are not, so if an epicd player were to join a 60, non epic battleground clicking his gear would lead to "you cannnot use this item here"
I really don't think they'd go to the detail of separating people in Naxx, AQ40 and BWL gear from the scholo, strat, DM, BRS gimps like myself. I'm not even sure I'd want that all that much. However if they did, I wouldn't object to it, but it would mean they probably wouldn't finish that patch until after the Burning Crusade, which won't be released til after I grow a second penis.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

pyrella wrote:
Sargeras wrote: I'd love see Pyrella in a BG and give him a good smacking! :D :vv_love:
Hahahaha
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

pyrella wrote:
Oh it's on like Donkey Kong beotch~!
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Ok it really pisses me off that on the WoW website they have a big banner talking about the Rogue changes but all they have is a talent calculator. I can't remember what it was like before so how am I supposed to notice the little nuance changes they made? I wish they'd come right out and say what exactly they changed.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

From what I noticed, the main (if not all) changes are in the Subtlety tree.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I wish they'd come right out and say what exactly they changed.
Agro from Felstriker is increased 1000%.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aabidano wrote:
Bubba Grizz wrote:I wish they'd come right out and say what exactly they changed.
:(

that would mean I could no longer hit auto-attack
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Aabidano wrote:
Bah damn warriors can't keep the aggro off me as it is. I have to start swinging a trout instead of my felstriker.