Soda Machines

Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
Aevian Dreaklear
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: Bisky Campst

Soda Machines

Post by Aevian Dreaklear »

I watched this Home Expo type show on HGTV and saw these soda machines and found myself quite fascinated with these. I was curious if anyone has anything to say about soda machines in general or this brand's machines. I'm wondering the obvious stuff, ease of use and taste.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

All Soda Club SodaMixes use a mixture of Splenda® and sugar with the exception of Diet flavors. Diet flavors are sugar free. Most of our Diets are sweetened 100% with Splenda®.
Bleh. That's enough to make me stop reading!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

we have a soda machine in our rec room. make sure you get one that doesnt require you to use their own recipe packages, which are usually nasty and taste like generic brand pop you buy at the grocery store.

they are good for adding carbonation to things like iced tea and lemonade or other kinds of pulp free juices like mango or watermelon.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I remember some people having one of em in the early 80s or so. At least back then everything tasted a bit off. I figured nobody really gave the effort now. Most people you have the need to always have some kind of soda handy are more prone to just buying cans or bottles as opposed to making their own.
en kærlighed småkager
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

They want 300 dollars for the penguin one! Ugh!
miir and I are best friends. <3
Aevian Dreaklear
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: Bisky Campst

Post by Aevian Dreaklear »

But it's a penguin!

In all seriousness though, based on the demo I saw, it seems like you can use any type of syrup. I have no idea how soda machines work, but was surprised to see that the carbonation occured before adding the syrup. I have a thing for kitchen gadgets and this seemed to be a fun one considering how often I drink soda and mixed drinks.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

That's a pretty nifty product. If anything, it would be perfect for a basement sports bar environment.

I personally like the splenda/ace-k combo for my diet sodas to boot.