Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Re: Is House a good show?

Post by Dregor Thule »

Still look forward to it each week. It's formulaic to be sure, but interesting. The end of this weeks was a good wtf moment. And yes, shame about Kutner, but kudos to Kal Penn.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Heh, the last few episodes of this season were great!
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Great, great, GREAT season finale. Just awesome.
[Show]
I really hope they don't just gloss over/cop out his between-seasons-stay at that detox facility or whatever it was - a bedlam? - like they did with the methadone thing. If they allow this to have an influence on the show, House will be the single best flawed character on tv, EVER.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:Great, great, GREAT season finale. Just awesome.
[Show]
I really hope they don't just gloss over/cop out his between-seasons-stay at that detox facility or whatever it was - a bedlam? - like they did with the methadone thing. If they allow this to have an influence on the show, House will be the single best flawed character on tv, EVER.
[Show]
I'm not sure if I like the way they're going with this. The last time House met any kind of life chanigng event (getting shot, having surgery and dropping vicodin) it was over in like 2 episodes. I really hope they handle him being in a Psych Ward well, because if it just goes away in 2 episodes because he's no longer on vicodin I might take a trip to frowntown for a little bit.

I'm also not sure how much I'll enjoy him being there because my favorite parts of the show are House + Wilson. They sub'd the P.I. in for Wilson this (or last?) season and it actually worked pretty well, I'm just worried they will breeze past it and he'll be back at the Hospital popping pills like before.

Or I guess option 3 is Fox Foxes the show and it's done (this can't happen right? It's got great ratins I think)
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

[Show]
I loved the finale as well, one of the best season finale's I've seen on a show in a long, long time.

I won't necessarily be disappointed if they let him out of the psych ward after a few episodes, because at this point we don't know the scope of how much damage the vicodin has done to him. If they kept him in there long term, I don't know how they could keep the show up, and to be honest the only way I can see them doing this is if they are going to remove his character from the show - which I would imagine would be the end of the show, or damn close

At any rate, I'm excited for the new season to start now for sure!
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Psyloche wrote:
Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:Great, great, GREAT season finale. Just awesome.
[Show]
[Show]
I'm not sure if I like the way they're going with this. The last time House met any kind of life chanigng event (getting shot, having surgery and dropping vicodin) it was over in like 2 episodes. I really hope they handle him being in a Psych Ward well, because if it just goes away in 2 episodes because he's no longer on vicodin I might take a trip to frowntown for a little bit.

I'm also not sure how much I'll enjoy him being there because my favorite parts of the show are House + Wilson. They sub'd the P.I. in for Wilson this (or last?) season and it actually worked pretty well, I'm just worried they will breeze past it and he'll be back at the Hospital popping pills like before.

Or I guess option 3 is Fox Foxes the show and it's done (this can't happen right? It's got great ratins I think)
That was pretty much my point. If they follow through, it'll be great. If they cop out, we'll get back to the entertaining but (extremely) formulaic show we've had most of this season and all of the last one (with Kutner as the exception).
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Yeah I figured, but I felt like throwing in my 2 cents! I still remember when you ate my Lasagna.
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I never touched it! Not my fault you're not man enough to eat up.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Oh, you kids!

I imagine he won't be in the loony bin long, but that doesn't mean they can't continue to work the storyline from back at the hospital. We'll probably see Foreman back in a supervisory role for a bit. Would be really interesting if, while House was gone, they put Foreman in charge and say Cameron and/or Chase join his team. I miss the old gang, but I like the new gang as well.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

I loved the finale, and I really liked this season (although as before stated, I preferred the former team to the Taub / 13 team - I actually liked Kutner a lot more than 13 or Taub, and I was a little pissed that they off'd him).

I doubt they'll leave him in the ward for more than 3-4 episodes, and frankly, I can't imagine House without the Vicodin, so i'm not sure how long his detox will last either. I just don't think House would be House without the drugs. I suppose it's actually the pain that makes him what he is, but supposedly he can't deal with the pain without the drugs, although I think Cuddy stated that the pain could actually be exacerbated by the long-term vicodin addiction, and I supose he could come off of the pills and still have relatively the same pain level as when he was on them if that were the case. I still don't think they're going to ditch the pill addiction, at all. Ever.

So if they don't leave him in the psych ward for very long (which I personally think would suck), and if he goes back to popping pills (which I personally think he has to do to maintain the same basic character they we've all come to love so much), what has really changed? Nothing. That's my prediction.

My biggest complaint with this season is that there was this big fucking deal about Thirteen and her disease, and then it just disappeared. Like, it was there, it was the focal point of about 8 episodes, and then it was completely gone. I'm sure it'll come back up, it just bothers me that that disease affected her so much and now it doesn't affect her at all. They could at least make subtle references to the fact that she still has it every once in a while.

Oh, and I thought that fucking PI was a paper-thin, completely pointless and irrelevant character with no redeemable qualities whatsoever, and I would have quit watching the show if they'd kept that bullshit up for much longer. I like Wilson, and the combination of him not being on the show and that fucking toolbox being there was pretty awful.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Bagar- wrote:Oh, and I thought that fucking PI was a paper-thin, completely pointless and irrelevant character with no redeemable qualities whatsoever, and I would have quit watching the show if they'd kept that bullshit up for much longer. I like Wilson, and the combination of him not being on the show and that fucking toolbox being there was pretty awful.
Totally agree! I thought that story arc sucked big time. And the one where the hospital was bought and there was that new guy in charge. Also another one I can't remember at the moment.

Oh and the stupid Cameron "I've got my dead husbands sperm" storyline was beyond retarded.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:Hugh Laurie prefers to bugger skinheads

[Show]
was watching MI-5 on Netflix's Watch Now setup and noticed he has been in a couple episodes :P

That was his response to asking a lady at the opera if she was a Nazi for telling him not to send text messages during the performance
Spooks (as MI-5 is called over where it originates) is a good show. Not sure I like how they kill everyone off though. I think there's what.. 1 original character left after 7 seasons? Those crazy Brits!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Watched the season premiere last night, I liked it! I'm pretty excited to continue watching this season :)
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Syenye linked this to me, thought I'd share. I still love this show.
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Kithyen
Star Farmer
Star Farmer
XBL Gamertag: Kithyen

Post by Kithyen »

Although it looks like the blew they season's budget on the CG furry wetdream video game sequences I still enjoyed these past two episodes (three episodes I guess?). Also I laughed my ass off when
[Show]
Wilson found out the urine he was testing was actually a lab retriever and laughed even harder at what came to mind of House holding a pissing dog over the toilet while singing.
Looking foward to James Earl Jones this coming monday.
Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends.

Cortana
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I just finished watching the finale for season 6. I have to say that was a very good episode. Powerful stuff! Definitely the best of the season.

It looks like a could be a good season 7...
[Show]
since 13 might be gone.

I just hope they don't bring Cameron back as a regular. I honestly can't stand her character at all.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Season 8 over and series DONE!

--
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

I can't be the only one that thinks the series would have been better served if it ended 5 minutes earlier...
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.