The New FJ

Cars, Autos, Horseless Carriage, Wheeled Buggy -- whatever you want to call them. Talk about them here!
Phuggs
No Stars!

The New FJ

Post by Phuggs »

So I have been looking into the new Toyota FJ. Thing looks like a very capable rig.

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/f ... =&ei=UTF-8

Some of the future drive articles I have read are very promising. Only thinmg I dont really like is the indipendant front end, but thats the way of the "new wheelers".
So the honey and I went out this morning to try andd find one ... NO luck for at least another week or 2. We also were at the Jeep dealer next door. I really LOVE the Limited class. I like the longer wheelbase, but didnt like the lack of any floor/sidewall insulation. I wouldnt need it anyway.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Same ugly ugly thing that was in the other thread, I respect it's ugliness but it's not nearly impressive enough to have 2 threads
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I concur on the ugliness. And the other thing too!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Mine has been ordered...will receive in 2nd allocation. :D
en kærlighed småkager
Phuggs
No Stars!

Post by Phuggs »

Canel .. did you get to drive it ? I did not get a chance yet and am very curious as to how it felt. Is it a NEW car feeling or more of an Old School feel. I know it will have all the amenities of new but still want some of the old. Toys (when built) are built great , a little pricey but worth it. I know it will be easily modded. I am also thinking of a straight axle conversion (after paid off) when we get into one. Let me know how it all goes.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Goin to drive it tomarrow, should be interesting.

Jefferson
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

After seeing one in person I have to say I actually like the way it looks, I would buy one if I was in the market for that sort of thing.....considering I have a '04 Taco, '02 Camry and a huge supercharged '80 Blazer I won't be in the market for one ever I imagine.

My next vehicle will probably be a Porsche 911 not sure what year/model tho, there are a few I really like.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Still waiting...waiting...
en kærlighed småkager
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

So did it finally come in?

I saw one in Yellow pulling out of a driveway the other morning. It looked a lot bigger than I was expecting in the brief time I saw it. Quirky in a cool kind of way.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Not as ooogly in person, loud loud loud, annoying to hear that much wind noise in any car, drove ok, lots of push on the freeways every truck that was passed/passing me. The engine is strong, I liked the pickup off the line as well as burst pickup in traffic. Interior is kinda sparce which I like but a really bad use of space imo. All in all it's kinda fun, kinda functional, kinda retrro. I liked it but to set it up nicely runs about 30k, it is far from 30k nice.

Jefferson
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Off-topic but; how is the new Fit moving Pherr?
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Sold out a month before delivery, every batch of VIN #'s is contracted within about 48 hours. Honda is either having production issues or they are keeping the market tight tight on OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of these cars. I should have 80 civics on the lot in april, we have 14 combined. We should have hybrids actually hitting the ground instead of 2 month waiting lists, and oddly enough the Ridgeline has caught on in a huge way but only in the navi model, I could use 20 of those like yesterday. In the winter they gave me 80% 2WD pilots and now that summer is here it's 90% 4WD... the new 5 door civic hatchback is amazing... and only in europe...there are a few things making me say wtf! On a brighter note the new crv is a nice lookin vehicle, the 4 door civic Si will be a fun car and sales are blowing past last years even with tight inventories

Jefferson
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Hijacking until Cane responds, heh.

Yeah, the Fit is another Honda homerun obviously. Aside from seat comfort over the long haul (long haul as in 100k+ miles, not a 5 hour drive), the Fit is a brilliant car so it’s good to see it’s doing as well as I expected.
Are there spy shots of the 2007 CRV somewhere? The wife and I were looking at a larger vehicle to replace one of our Civics. I think we’re better off getting rid of her 2001 w/ 68k because the value is so much more than my ’98 w/ over 157k, and I can tell my car is one of those that could go for 300k if necessary. That being said, the Odyssey was her first choice until I told her to sit in it because I know how big it feels, especially after driving a compact for so many years. She felt as overwhelmed as I did. After sitting in the CRV, she was really surprised w/ how big it was inside. I would assume the next-gen would get even larger, but, if she could be convinced the ’06 is big enough, we could probably get a real deal this fall.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto_Ne ... 10341.html

The black one behind the new silver rdx. Rumors are 170 hp iVTC (14 more then last year but the new gen engines are inherantly more powerful from a performance standpoint with a 0 HP boost, so this will hopefully have a nice increase in pep), 5 speed auto, EX-L trim level, 7 colors, real hatch, no rear mounted spare, etc etc

Jefferson
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Very interesting. Almost looks like a big Toyota Matrix. Strange how the small suv market is becoming more stylized. A supposed wider track and slightly shorter length would probably make it handle pretty well for a vehicle in this class.

Not too sure if the wife would like it so much but it wouldn’t make too much of a difference since the idea is to get a good deal on an outgoing model. I still can’t believe how many cars she’s been considering since having a child.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Chidoro wrote:Very interesting. Almost looks like a big Toyota Matrix. Strange how the small suv market is becoming more stylized. A supposed wider track and slightly shorter length would probably make it handle pretty well for a vehicle in this class.

Not too sure if the wife would like it so much but it wouldn’t make too much of a difference since the idea is to get a good deal on an outgoing model. I still can’t believe how many cars she’s been considering since having a child.
When you need a honda quote to go to the dealer with let me know

Jefferson
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Still waiting.... whenever 2nd NW allocation comes in, I will have mine. Looks like within next month? Who knows... 4 vehicles with same engine created bottleneck.

Will report when I get it. And yes, it is much bigger in person...and drives like a champ on pavement. Will look for some offroading near home when I have a chance....till then, it is more of the waiting game.
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

My vehicle is on a boat now from Japan....should be in next week, weeeee! Turns out I am getting employee cost + 500, and I was fully expecting to pay MSRP--good deal....only thing I changed was the tranny, since my shoulder is all jacked up--I am going with 5-speed auto instead. CANT WAIT!!!
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Well shit... since I had a bunch of parts tossed in that will be installed at port, the new ready date is 6/3-6/8. Waiting no fun. :(
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

This is basically a damn cool vehicle. I look forward to driving around more tomorrow. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Ordered a Airaid CAD intake system for $220. It should be in next week. It will up the HP by 15 and the TQ by 12 lb/ft as well as help a tad with fuel economy.
en kærlighed småkager