Trias
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Hamlas3r
PSN ID: Hamlaser

desktop modding(i'm bored)

Post by Trias »

ok...

i'm looking to modify my desktop with cool graphics and perhaps some other useful/not useful yet aesthetic stuff(edited window bar graphic/clock/etc)...basically just for the heck of it

i don't think i'm looking for something fully automatic such as windowblinds...so is there any other software out there that anyone can reccomend based on what they have used before

and if you have something really badass please post a SS of the result of your work with that software if possible

thnx
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Take the time to visit http://www.neowin.net, specifically their Neowin.net > Customizing Windows > Customizing Windows XP > Completed Visual Styles forums.

Essentially, there is a library, named UXTheme.dll, for Windows XP/SP1/SP2 Beta/RTM and 2003, which when patched using their patch tool allows you to use un-signed custom visual styles.

The forum contains hundreds of visual styles (for free) and you can get more from Deviant Art, etc.

For desktop crap (eats CPU cycles and pisses me off), try Samurize, or something.
[65 Storm Warden] Archeiron Leafstalker (Wood Elf) <Sovereign>RETIRED