Solo instances

Imprecate
No Stars!

Solo instances

Post by Imprecate »

I've been reading up on other sites, and it seems a lot of people are in the dark as to how the start the solo instance zones. I did not see any posts here on them, so I figured I'd post my knowledge.

As far as I know, there are trigger mobs within a certain vicinity that trigger the entrance to the solo instances once killed. For example: In Zek, by the orcish mines, there are 2 orcs with a down arrow, or a solo orc, that spawns next to a door. This door and the mobs can spawn anywhere in the near area of the mines. Upon killing the orc(s), the door becomes clickable, and you may enter the solo instance. I have not visited many, but they are a bit lacking of material. The solo instance in Zek had 10 mobs, got 1 chest, and it was garbage.

If this is information everyone already knows, I appologize. I feel weird finally posting here, I played on Veeshan for 4 and 1/2 yrs and never posted, always just read the forums. Guess you can call me a troll or something *shrug*.
Imprecate Von`Ubel
Leader of Das Ubel
Innothule Server
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Jackass, and welcome to the EQ2 boards.

Honestly, I haven't found a single 'solo' instance yet. Thank you for the heads up on where to find it in Zek.

Also, there should be a change comming down the pipe that will allow for solo players to choose their instance a bit wiser now. Should be in the next megapatch.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Imprecate
No Stars!

Post by Imprecate »

<3

The Zek solo zone is 30-35ish, a named spawned that raped my ass, but as another heads up, the solo instances allow up to 2 players. He'd be easy duo'd, but I didn't have the power to take him down.

I also know of two other solo instances. SE corner of Zek where the treants are, a door spawns randomly there, its a bit higher, 35-40ish I believe. In TS, there is a solo instance on the beach to the left of the docks. An odd named crab spawns next to a seashell / rock looking think. Kill it, seashell / rock (cant tell what it is) becomes clickable. Its around level 25ish. If I find any more, I'll be sure to post them.

Edit: Easiest way to find them is to check tracking for an odd named mob. First time I found the solo instance in Zek at the mines, "an orc scout" was found next to it. I have never seen this mob before. Same thing for the treant / crab, they were named a bit different.
Imprecate Von`Ubel
Leader of Das Ubel
Innothule Server
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

:vv_jackass: :vv_signlol:
miir and I are best friends. <3
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Naw, we just call ya a Jackass and a Lurker :)
Robbynn
No Stars!

Post by Robbynn »

There is an instance in EL a bit up the hill from Foomby, (he gives the EE bag quest) by the dryads. Looks like a small mound of dirt on the ground. Can be a solo/duo instance and also a group one. Group one is "heroic". We went in there with a group of 5, lower 30's in level and didn't have too much trouble. Kinda tight quarters tho, made our way to the end and didn't get a named or anything. The beetles in there will bug and disappear into the walls if you try to pull them to an open area, best to just fight them where they are. Was a bit disappointing. Believe the place was called The Cavern of Tangled Weeds or something similar.

Not sure how well this could be soloed. We went in once with a 37 monk and 37 zerker just to see what it was like and promptly got our @sses handed to us at the door lol. 4 caster mobs + no healer with us = ouchies ><
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

I did that solo instance in Zek. I was a bit overpowered for it so didnt get a true fell for the event. But I did notice upon exiting, that a new door appeared outside the mines. I killed the 2 guards to gain access. When I clicked on the door it said I needed 3-6 people. Seems its a progression. 1st door is solo instance. 2nd door is group.
Maybe a 3rd door will appear after that and be a raid instance. Just a guess. No info behind that idea at all.
Imprecate
No Stars!

Post by Imprecate »

Well, with the new patch there were group instances made as well as solo instances. It could be the same instance, just with a few extra mobs with up arrows or something. The Darkened Den on Titan's Tower in Zek is a group instance. It has a group of scorpions outside the door, kill the scorpions and the door becomes accessable.

I don't know if all of the instances can be in solo / group versions, if there are any raid versions, or whatever, but if I find any more info I'll post it.
Imprecate Von`Ubel
Leader of Das Ubel
Innothule Server