Crock Pot Recipe's wanted

Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Crock Pot Recipe's wanted

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Anyone have some good crock pot recipes for stuff like roasts, chili, stews, and such like that? Something where it is very easy to prepare and I can set it and forget it for the whole day while I am at work?
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Check your local Borders -- there's more than enough books crammed with glorious recipes.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

see my post here for one crock pot recipe.

Crock Pot Beef Round
Throw an eye of the round roast in a crock pot with some quartered potatoes, baby carrots, a quartered onion, a couple cloves of garlic and some salt & pepper with some water or beef stock and a splash of red wine. Add more water/stock and substitute stew beef for the roast (and roughly dice the veggies) for beef stew.

Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken breasts (I prefer non boneless non skinless for extra flavor) with some crushed tomatoes, a few sun dried tomatoes, a few cloves of garlic, a quartered onion, chopped baby Portabello mushrooms, some fresh chopped basil and some salt & pepper with some water or chicken stock and a splash of white wine. Best way to prepare the meat for this is to use a big ass cleaver and quarter the breasts, bones and all.

Chili
Chili is best done in a large stock pot on the stove so you can brown the meat before adding all the other ingredients, but I'm sure you could try doing it in the crock pot instead of on the stove. Canelek posted a totally kickass chili recipe here some time ago (just be sure to use stew beef instead of ground beef ;) )

Experiment and don't ever measure anything!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Here is my Carnitas recipe for a slow cooker/crockpot:

http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7283
en kærlighed småkager
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

While this is a weight watchers book, the recipes are excellent. It's called In One Pot. We use it no less than twice per month, more when it's winter.