I'm curious

Proctus
Gets Around
Gets Around

I'm curious

Post by Proctus »

I'm really starting to lose interest in this game. Am I the only one looking at WoW and it looks more and more worthy than EQ2 every day I play?

Although I understand their need to nerf how fast we were pumping out pristines, they don't realize that pristines are the only things that really compared to the droppable jewelry. Let's not even mention that this nerf really affects the amount of experience we can get, and cost of materials from other players we relly on (alchemists).

Tier 3 jewelry was good, but Tier 4 is just about worthless. I really hope they do something about that if they are going to limit our ability to gain experience.
Proctus Armonius
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

I've been ill-impressed with the TS system since it's inception. It started out cool, but I lost interest in a major hurry. I will not deny that WoW has a better TS system than EQ2 - EQ1's system is better as of the time I retired (recipie book, one click combines from inventory, ect).

Then again, I'm a quester and a gatherer. I make my money selling to people doing tradeskills and going on adventures with a pack of friends.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Proctus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Proctus »

WoW's TS system is Non existant. My frustration lies in the extreme nerfs as of late and lack of interest in keeping us Artisans in the game. How many times has a tradeskill instance been down this weekend? It's fuckin mindblowing.
Proctus Armonius
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Yeah... I can't wait for the 2 expansions/year. They can't get the original game complete/stable with (more than?) six months of open beta and release, what makes them think they can bolt on an expansion every six months?

Alchemy has become laughable... all you can do is spam your Tier 1 reactions hoping that they push along the completion fast enough that you'll get something made before the failures drop the endurance too far. I guess at least I can watch TV and chat while I tradeskill now, nothing I do makes that much difference =)
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

They've acknowledged the alchemey bug and have promised to adress it.
As for being stable, I honestly haven't had many problems with it. I don't like the daily 1hr downtime, and TS has been lagging for me since the last major patch..

But I guess I'm just one of the few. :(
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Proctus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Proctus »

Few things I would like to see improve are:

1. Experience gains from non pristine items. Now that they have completely shattered your chance of getting pristines, they need to compensate by giving us better experience with the lesser combines.

2. Starting with Tier 4, they need to improve the stats considerably. It's quite laughable when the first quest you get in Enchanted lands gets you a ring considerably better than the best Crafted tier 4 ring. It's not in line with Tier 3 items at all.

3. Make all tradeskills have 2 spell sets that don't cost anything. Not just Jewelry, Metalworking etc, I mean ALL.

4. You really need to improve the reward for Artisans doing Writs and Society quests. Not so much the wholesaler quests, but the workshop quests in general. It's incredibly hard to do these quests due to interdependancy, yet you get more money for selling these items to the merchant than by turning them in. Also, has anyone noticed a change in what the merchants in these soceities sell at all since level 5? My society is almost 10, and I have yet to see any NEW items for sale there. so my question is, what's the point? The writs as they are now are completely laughable. Unless you are a Provisioner I don't see anyone doing these with any degree of success.
Proctus Armonius