Starting city for new EQ2 players

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Starting city for new EQ2 players

Post by Winnow »

I'd suggest starting a character in Qeynos first before playing a character in Freeport. The Freeport NPCs are mean and yell at you sometimes. It's almost depressing when you first get to town!

I think overall, starting out, Qeynos is the more enjoyable route to be introduced to EQ2. I'm sure it won't matter eventually where you originally came from in the high end game. Qeynos seems a little better place to get a handle on the game for first timers.

It's also worthwhile to check out both cities no matter what early on. You can skip the newbie island if you've done it once and start out like level 4 with a new character in Qeynos or Freeport.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

is there any way an iksar can start in Q? That would be ideal

If theres really that big of a division and everyone else decides to be "good" i might have to do a barbarian :?
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Not . Evils tarts in FP, Good starts in Q. Any race can be any class, but you may have to do a 'betrayal' quest to continue along your chosen professon.

IE: A High Elf can become a Fighter / Crusader / ShadowKnight, but starts in Qyenos. However, at level 10ish, you will have to change to Freeport to be able to continue your evil ways.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.