Running a High End Guild

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Running a High End Guild

Post by Aslanna »

http://www.rpgexpert.com/3223.html

Guide for up and coming guilds...
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

HAHA OMFG every guild I've been in has done the things in that guide at one point or another...especially the "Appoint Bad Officers" one (right Sinthetic?)

Thanks Aslanna, that was a great find.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

lol
Thirteenth Lesson: DRAMA

This is a big one, muchachos, you'll need inner guild drama if you ever hope to have drama outside the guild to attract flys to the dung, err I mean recruits to the guild. How do you create drama? Wow where do I start...

Part 1:
First off talk behind everyones back, be as two faced as you can, when you talk to someone, act like you're all nice and friendly, and laugh at other people's misfortunes or shortcomings. Then (or at the same time if you're as good as me) talk to the person you were just making fun of and make fun of someone else... Be a friend to all, place thoughts in peoples heads, create extra hatred... but never let your true feelings show, let other people get reamed for saying what you dont have the balls to do.

Part 2:
Make sure you recruit plenty of racists, feminists, homosexuals, homophobes, misogynists, and people who just like to say mean stuff... the drama will explode from the tiniest thing.

Part 3:
Make your alt more important than the members of the guild, put your alternate (twink) on a higher pedestal, whether it be looting a ^^Bloodfrenzy, or obtaining hard to get keys and flags for your alt instead of recruits or other guild members. Make sure on the updates to your webpage you mention your alt and how uber he is over and over, to alienate 9/10th of the server saying that your ALT is more uber than their main! Also make his magelo loaded with fake information, look at the lesson on magelos for information on that!

Part 4:
People will get pissed and the guild will start tearing eachother up, so what do you do? Let them talk it out? NO NO NO you lock the thread, this will cause people to bottle up the hatred of their own guild "family" and cause so much tension among the guild that some nights I swear I can cut it with a knife!
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

Ninth Lesson: Loot Mongers
So you have progressed and learned all the hard encounters and how to beat them finally, it may have taken you 6 months, but you did it.... Now is when you'll see the Loot Mongers, the people who showed up that one time 6 months earlier to get a flag, they are back and they want loot that they didn't earn... Don't say anything negative just let them get their loot, they'll be gone soon. You dont want to say anything or you'll get 20 people (including me) telling you that they have been members of this guild SINCE THE BEGGINING and even though they only log on 10 times a year total to get loot and flags, they are the reason this guild is where it is today! It's not stealing from the guild if they get loot cause they earned these DKP (Dragon Kill Points - loot awarding points) on the raids where they attended for flags. Our guild is filled with about 2/3 of these type of people, I'm sure all other guilds are like this as well.
Thats the one I hated the most!
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
Proctus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Proctus »

Rivera Bladestrike wrote:
Ninth Lesson: Loot Mongers
So you have progressed and learned all the hard encounters and how to beat them finally, it may have taken you 6 months, but you did it.... Now is when you'll see the Loot Mongers, the people who showed up that one time 6 months earlier to get a flag, they are back and they want loot that they didn't earn... Don't say anything negative just let them get their loot, they'll be gone soon. You dont want to say anything or you'll get 20 people (including me) telling you that they have been members of this guild SINCE THE BEGGINING and even though they only log on 10 times a year total to get loot and flags, they are the reason this guild is where it is today! It's not stealing from the guild if they get loot cause they earned these DKP (Dragon Kill Points - loot awarding points) on the raids where they attended for flags. Our guild is filled with about 2/3 of these type of people, I'm sure all other guilds are like this as well.
Thats the one I hated the most!
I remember someone like that.
Proctus Armonius
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

haha memories!
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
Fesuni Chopsui
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fesuni Chopsui »

Someone? Try several examples :P
Quietly Retired From EQ In Greater Faydark