Berserkers...

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Berserkers...

Post by Diae Soulmender »

I have a friend recently start playing EQ. Hes playing a Necromancer (level 51/2AA). I drug my 55 Berserker out of retirement and am playing with him for fun and to teach him 'The Ropes".

Its awfully tough to get a group with my Zerker and Im sorta at a loss as to why that is.

-Berserkers have good DPS. I would say between Ranger/Monk just at a visual parse (not actual parsing).
-Bersekers have instant cast snare that lasts 1 minute and refreshes every 12 seconds or so. It is, at level 55, rarely resisted.
-Bersekers have Stun Capabilities. They can stun every 12 seconds. this also is rarely resisted at level 55.
-Berserkers CAN tank by Stun Mitigation. Obvisouly we are not a hard tank like a War/Pal/SK, but given the stun ability they can mitigate off a shit ton of damage.
-When not tanking Berserkers have an "Evade" type ability.to keep dps on the main tank.

Berserkers do have problems though, but they are not so detrimental that they should be excluded from grouping. The only real issues with them at this time is they need Class AA's and perhaps a review of there current DPS. DPS is good with them, but I would think an increase of 20DPS would do them justice.

So consider a Berserker in your groups. They are good and add flavor to your groups.
Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I think a lot of people just don't know what they are capable of, or they are just used to what feels "comfortable" in a group.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Boogahz, exactly!

I remember being a Beastlord and man people shunned us... (this was even after our dramatic repairs). Now we are highly sought after for groups as people are beginning to see our capabilities.

Berserkers are in the same boat as Beastlords were... the shunned of the community.

Trust me guys, if you get a 'good' Zerk in your midst they can add a lot of flavor to your group with real functionality. They, like Paladins, can obtain almost instant aggro if needed and lose it, on purpose, almost as quickly (unlike a Paladin).

Hard hitting, medium tanks with stuns, snares, ranged combat bettered only by Rangers (by a huge margin of course) and ability to CC... they are a good Pure Melee with a lot to offer your groups.

Try one on for size... but always keep in mind that its not only the Class that matters but the skill behind it. Dont let 1 Berserker give all a bad name.

PEACE YO!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I'm unimpressed by zerkers. Dragging one along on a tipt run is a waste of a slot. They will do as a 6th slot alternate in an exp grind, but I'd sooner have a class that can contribute more. We have a Time flagged zerker with 75ish AAs in PE and he's a nice enough guy, he just plays a dookie class :P

Berzerkers need some buffs/debuffs and thier AAs to be completed. Maybe they'll be worth seeking out for groups as oppossed to taking only when something better isn't around like the currently do.

BLs really didn't come into thier own until PoP with the addition of paragon and lvl 65. Also, thier slows were only decent at high levels. SD was a damn nice utility spell that definately added to thier overall desireablilty. Zerkers need something viable along those lines if they are going to become sought out.
Last edited by Fairweather Pure on August 12, 2004, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Something interesting posted by Brenlo a little while ago on Berserker AA's...
Brenlo wrote: Berserker AAs are going to be totally new and involve things that have not been done before with AAs. They will start showing up on the beta server soon for testing. That does not mean they are part of Omens however, the will be seperate from Omens, we are just testing them on Beta.

Brenlo Bixiebopper
Community Relations Manager
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

After leveling my berserker to 65, I find boxing her utterly boring.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Don't Zerkers get a V3 overhaste like bards?
Sabek
Just Sabek
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

When they use their v3 over haste it prevents everyone in their group from using disciplines. So it's less than worthless except in xp grinds or whatever.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Rellix wrote:After leveling my berserker to 65, I find boxing her utterly boring.
About the same as any Pure Melee really.

Attack, Frenzy, Frenzy, Frenzy, Frenzy, Stun, Frenzy, Frenzy, Frenzy, Frenzy, Stun, Frenzy, Frenzy, Snare, Frenzy, Frenzy.

Rinse, Repeat.

Im not unimpressed with Berseker DPS. They seem to hold there own. The only problem I see is what is it they bring to a group that would make anyone pick them over another class.. nothing I can see as of yet. Perhaps with the 'new' AA they will be releasing soon on Test Server will flesh out Bersrkers and make them a 'wanted' class to fill a hole in a group.

I still they they have a fun factor though. I cant really agree with ya there Rellix :)
Spankes
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spankes »

Not all pure melee is boring. In spite of all the bitching on the class boards I love my monk. It is all in how you play I guess.
EQ - Spankes - Retired
Wow - Randulph
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Spankes wrote:Not all pure melee is boring. In spite of all the bitching on the class boards I love my monk. It is all in how you play I guess.
Attitude has a lot to do with your class. Definately.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

I find it utterly boring because I have been cheated, misled, and ignored by SoE.

When you're fighting you always have something to look foward to: AA points.

Most melee classes have an advantage over warrior dps. We are warriors with a 5 dps bonus (Frenzy). -- Trust me, it's been parsed by berserkers everywhere.

We can only stun mobs up to level 55.

Our snare gets resisted VERY easily, and we can't do anything about it for another 12 seconds, not to mention it only lasts one minute.

See my point?
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Yeah, I see yer point Rellix.

As of this moment I now have the capability to quad box.

I have a 55 Zerker and a 60 Warrior on my Beastlord Account. I am preparing to move one fo them to a new account though I confess to be very tossed up on what I should move.

I enjoy my Zerker and have faith that Sony will right the wrongs given to this class. Keeping that in mind what do you all think I should use as my 4th box?

Should I go all out DPS by moving my Zerker or should I toss a tank in the fray by moving my Warrior?

Im very tossed up. Warriors have never really 'done it for me' but Im certainly willing to take any advise offered.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

My advice is don't make a move until they release the AA's / fix the class.

It's been 7 months already Kash, don't get your hopes up.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

I have 2 weeks before I can make my Zerker move. Im hoping they have the AA's on Test by then so I can make somewhat of an informed decision.
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

I would stick my warrior as a 4th person. In the event that a mob is up that needs a solid tank then you are screwed if your zerker is the 4th, aye?
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Nilaman wrote:I would stick my warrior as a 4th person. In the event that a mob is up that needs a solid tank then you are screwed if your zerker is the 4th, aye?
Ive been thinking a lot on that also. Its difficult for me think about NOT having Defensive if I would need it... the question I keep asking myself is.. "How often would I actually need a Warriors tanking ability?"

Thats a tough question to answer. My Zerker/Warrior are not flagged for anything and I simply have no plans to push to make that happen. Getting 3 flagged was a real bitch :) Mostly Im looking at this 4th box as a DPS resource for when Im just out XP'ing. Granted, it would be nice to have him Kod'Taz/Time flagged, but I just dont see that happening in my future. EQ will have died by the time I accomplish them flags for him --hehe

I am leaning quite heavily on my Zerker, but man, having a solid tank at my disposal is also real handy.

God, I hate tough decisions :)