Couple of honest questions about WoW

WoW Discussion
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Couple of honest questions about WoW

Post by Akaran_D »

1: What classes do the Undead have available to them, and any race restrictions (penalties, ect) do they have against them?

2: How fun are they to play?

3: Any word on what the monthly cost would be?
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I can't remember all the classes off the top of my head, but they are on teh wow website. Pretty much all of them except druid and hunter...I think. Undead are immune to charm and fear and crap like that.

Lots of things to list for #2, so I'll just use my favorite for example: I like the rage system for undead. Instead of it being like a "mana pool" that regens all the time, it regens during battles only and starts to empty out when you are doing nothing. The rage points are what allows you to do special moves. It is fun.

No idea on monthly rate.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Undead: Warrior, Mage, Rogue, Warlock, Priest

During Europe beta they ask how much you pay currently for MMORPG's and how much you'd be willing to pay. I think they're testing the market to see what price they can get away with.
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

I've got an Undead rogue on PvP. Undead have a coupe of key racial traits that make them a desirable race to play: Underwater breathing (I mean, shit, you're dead..you're not breathing!) and immunity to fear & sleep.
My rogue is vary fun! Then again, all the classes I've play so far are fun! It just depends on what you want.

Kluden: I think Rage does that for ALL warriors. It works the same way on my Tauren warrior.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Yes, rage is a warrior's 'mana'.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Mort
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mort »

I too have an honest question.....

WHERE THE FUCKING FUCK IS MY BETA EMAIL PRZ!

/sigh
Morteus - 60 NE War - Cenarius
Warlord of <Driven>

"I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct....."
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Oh :( I've been playing different classes on different races...so I havent made another warrior in another race. Oh well, it is still cool, even if it isn't an undead only thing :(
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

yeah its all warriors.

but with undead, I have to say I like their starting area/cities less than the other horde starting cities. I get irritated with places that aren't well-lit and its got like a haunted wood kind of atmosphere. I prefer the brightly colored Tauren or Orc/Troll environments better, but thats a small complaint as you can travel after you get up a few levels.

A big plus to undead is that they can breathe underwater as I recall. Don't know how useful this is, but I've heard of undead hiding underwater when being persued by Alliance players.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I agree in that I prefer the orc/tauren starting areas over the undead one, but the undead one seems to be more developed in terms of content/quests. Kalimdor in general is a lot less developed tho so hopefully that'll change. Undead can breathe underwater which is nice, can speak common, and are immune to charm and sleep. Sleep not such a big deal now that the Sleep spell was replaced with Polymorph.
Tuldian
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Tuldian »

Polymorph still doesn't effect UD. And the sleep immunity doesn't cover most of the npc "sleep" abilities.

Honestly the cons of being undead outweigh the pro's atm, since if you like pvp'ing on either server and you run into a paladin or a priest you are quite dead very easily. Priests and Paladins make up a huge amount of the alliance on the "blue" server, I don't see many mages to be taking advantage of the immunity, though I have ran into a few warlocks who tried to fear me.

Turn undead + exorcism = dead undead..er.. again

I play an undead rogue atm, up to level 48. It's my favorite class by far, and you have to ignore the people who say rogues are the most underpowered class in wow atm because they just don't know how to play them. :p
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

How does leveling compare to Everquest leveling. Are we talking easy solo till level 10, then group for the rest of your days, or if you solo, sit down for 10minutes after a fight?
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Far easier to level in WoW in my opinion. I went from 23 to 25 yesterday alone. (Played maybe, 5 hours last night.)
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Levelling is too fast! The game is too easy!
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Xouqoa wrote:Far easier to level in WoW in my opinion. I went from 23 to 25 yesterday alone. (Played maybe, 5 hours last night.)
It has been over four years since I was level 23 in EQ. I seem to remember it taking a couple of days to solo through those levels (I can't even remember what I did to level in that range; it would have been after I left the Spires but before Lower Guk...) I am assuming that the xp now in EQ would make these levels comparable (modern EQ to WoW).

I do know that PL'ing my monk went a hell of a lot faster than 2 levels in 5 hours, but that is meaningless to this discussion. :P

A more interesting comparison would be how much time it takes to level from 49 to 50 in both EQ (now) and WoW.
[65 Storm Warden] Archeiron Leafstalker (Wood Elf) <Sovereign>RETIRED
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Leveling is too fast. I thought it was pretty good before the last patch.....but now it is definitley too fast! This, coupled with NO death penalty, barring a corspe run, makes it too easy on the player.

PvP is a whole other issue....any other people here play Horde on PvP? If so, how about them Hillsbrad foothills!? I got ganked yesterday by a level 35 mage, who snuck up invis on my little level 19 self. Hillsbrad is a FRUSTERATING place.
valryte
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by valryte »

I'm sure before the game is released that exp will be toned down a tad. Right now it's probably faster than normal just so people can go through a large range of levels and test multiple classes.
When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I can't wait to see the uproar that will happen when they nerf exp again. I predict much howling and gnashing of teeth. It never ceases to amaze me how many beta testers have no clue that exp is almost always sped up for testing.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt