My first foray into PvP

WoW Discussion
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

My first foray into PvP

Post by Skogen »

So last night I finally saw some PvP action....and yes, I died.
I was running around the Barrens, doing a couple of quests when someone announced over general that alliance players were popping up in Ratchet, and pleaded for help. Well, I was damn close to Ratchet, so off I went! I ran into town, and down to the docks.....to find a mass of Horde players already there, and in the process of absolutely pwning a small band of allies. It was pitiful...3 allied players totally surrounded by horde players, 4-5 people thick. Just when they all died....3 more came in, in rapid succession. Of course, they all died in rapid succession! This group was level 12 - 15. Right after they died, still another group came in! This time, it was 5 of them, and they were 20-30. They indeed all died, but it took longer, and a couple of them made a break for the open plains of the barrens...one paladin almost made it out, but was cut down by an undead rogue who was coming into Ratchet to see what was going on! It was pretty funny to watch...this one paladin breaking away with only a tad of life left. He gets some distance, and then yet more distance....crests the hill leading out of Ratchet and a rogue runs right into him, and cuts him right down. That rogue must have had some fast reflexes! Anyways, after this....no more allies come in. Just random fights around Ratchet of allied players ressing themselves, and getting jumped as they come to life. At this point, I join a group going over to Booty Bay for counter-attack, and we go over...and find nothing. So we come back...and here a cry that the allies are grouping just east of Crossroads. So, off we go! As we run toward XR, our group becomes separated as party members go off the road looking for a fight. We get to just outside XR...and nothing. No Allied players in sight. So I am just standing there, on the road, right close to XR, and wham! Something hits me. I spin around, and it's a level 21 NE Rogue (I'm level 13) named Stryfe slashing me! She ambushes me, gouges, then, I don’t know..Rupture? I was dead barely after I hit my earthbind totem hotkey. Oh well, its a short run from the graveyard! SO I res myself, and decided to go run a quest at the Stagnant Oasis, a short distance away. Right as I get there, I spot a gnome crossing my path!! I hit him with flameshock, and run after him in pursuit! He doesn’t stop...just tries to hightail it out! Grrrr...so I stay on him. He runs for a short distance, and finally decides to fight, he turns, and frost novas me...but too late! I am right on him, and drop an earthbind totem immediatly. Hes not going anywhere! I flameshock him again, then lay a seering totem, then go melee! His health is dropping like a stone....he is dying mainly out panic, He tries to cast fireball, but I interrupt it with earthshock. The next one is Frostbolt, which he lands on me. After this he tries to run, all the while I an whacking him in the ass with my mace & my seering totem is blasting at him....then my earthbind totem's timer runs out. Hes loose, barely alive, while I am stuck with the effects of Frostbolt. That's when I got jumped by the level 16 Raptor, and its all over for me. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the graveyard. Get to body, and run back to the road to Ratchet. As I am getting to the road, there is this big-ass tree next to the road with some bushes around it, within a stones throw of XR. As I am running by, I notice a yellow nametag inside one of the bushes next to tree. Hmmm..what's in there? A click of the tab key brings up a NE (not sure what class.)! I just run by, and he does nothing. He's level 21. Hmmm...what to do? I decide to send out a call for help on general a few times, then just said "screw it!" and Flameshock him. Resist, of course. So he comes out of the bushes, and at me. Time to go! So I turn tail, and run, dropping an earthbind totem as I leave. I pan back and look...and instead of the earthbind pulses being resisted like I thought they would...they have him! WHOOT! So he's trapped in full view, right there on the road, forced to move slower than a snails pace. It doesn’t take long. I stop, and run back for the inevitable. An Orc warrior shows up, and engages him. Right after than a Fireball comes flying at me from somewhere, goes over me, and smashes into the NE. I then saw it came from an Undead mage, who joins the fray. The NE turns to run, but it’s more than too late…he’s dead, and his exit is cut-off by a Tauren druid, who cast roots even though the NE’s demise is a foregone conclusion.
All in all great fun! My lesson of the day is: Beware the rogue! They are lethal if they catch you off guard.
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

It's cool to see that you are having fun (you bastard, *sniff* :() My only comment is: Where the fuck are the sweet screenshots of you ganking on the NE rogue??! WTF!?? Show us tired, starving masses "outside" some love.
[65 Storm Warden] Archeiron Leafstalker (Wood Elf) <Sovereign>RETIRED
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

I'll post a few SS's of me ganking Skogen soon, don't worry.
I'll just have to make myself visit the barrens on purpose.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Sylvos wrote:I'll post a few SS's of me ganking Skogen soon, don't worry.
Look for Krakus.

I'll post screenshots later!
murr
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by murr »

Sylvos wrote:I'll post a few SS's of me ganking Skogen soon, don't worry.
Raid on Sergra Darkthorn?
Murr - Fires of Heaven - Black Dragonflight
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Watch out for Animalor if you come to the Barrens! Hopefully soon I'll be high enough to watch Skogen's back.

Feel free to attack any undead you wish though. =)
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

ok, screenshots! This first one is my view as I headed out onto the dock in ratchet. If you look real close, you can see the feint images of a yellow name bars....that was the firs group of 3 getting ganked. Note the Pally named Stonsalve dying as I got there.

Part of the last group was Strife, the Rogue that got me later

Net up, we have Strife laying on the ground dead, with her killers, late arrivals, and passer-byers all around her.

Her she is in her deadness, Strife.
Image[/img]

Here is a shot of a battle I missed. It's right outside Crossoroads (you can see it in the background). Note the bodies & remains of allies on the ground

TEH HORDE !!!11!1!
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Sweet! Now that I know you are susceptable to persuassion, would you please turn over your BETA key so that I don't have to go a massive murder spree? :twisted:

p.s. Cleary, Horde >>>> Alliance, but how is the PvP server shaping up? I am actually becoming quite interested in it over the blue servers from all the positive reports running round.
[65 Storm Warden] Archeiron Leafstalker (Wood Elf) <Sovereign>RETIRED
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

archeiron wrote:Sweet! Now that I know you are susceptable to persuassion, would you please turn over your BETA key so that I don't have to go a massive murder spree? :twisted:

p.s. Cleary, Horde >>>> Alliance, but how is the PvP server shaping up? I am actually becoming quite interested in it over the blue servers from all the positive reports running round.
Its a ton of fun, but needs work. Dying, then repoping in the graveyard only to rejoin the battle mere minutes later has got to go.....otherwise, battles cant be truely won. Some classes have glaring advantages over others (rogues, priests) I am only level 14 (now), so I am still learning. The mainthing right now is controlling adrenaline enough to make the proper decisions!
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

Hunters will counter rogues. Not being able to CC undead is going to be freaking insane.