Canadians losing their heads...

What do you think about the world?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Canadians losing their heads...

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:miir and aslanna should fuck.

seriously.
You and Midnyte first. Assuming you haven't already.

Seriously.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

seriously.
Please don't involve us in your homosexual fantasies.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:I still have no idea what a steamate is.
Are you really that fucking dense? It is a typo of SEATMATE.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

miir wrote:
Fash wrote:Shooting that guy as quickly as possible is the best way to go about helping all those people in that situation.
In a dark bus.
Passengers are panicking, scrambling down the aise to get out.
Drawing and discharging a firearm does not help the other 40 passengers.

What if someone bumped your arm as you were pulling the trigger?
What if the bus driver had slammed on the brakes as you were about to shoot?
What if the bus swerved on to the shoulder the moment you shot?
What if the psycho turned the knife on you and took your gun?
You might as well give up on that one miir, i tried the same "but what IF, for some strange reason, the world is NOT a bad hollywood movie" argument when arguing that giving guns to schoolkids to aviod school shootings is a bad idea.
They dont get it, only the bad guy will get hurt, noone will panic, and should something happen, well, if it was their own sons, it would be ok for them to be shot by accident if it was to stop the crime/terrorist/black man/whatever.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:

seriously.
Please don't involve us in your homosexual fantasies.
Awwwwwwwwww he referred to him and his new fuck buddy as "us" already, isn't that cute.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

miir wrote:I still have no idea what a steamate is.

seatmate....pardon my spelling error. The problem is when I am thinking of you my mind automatically starts thinking of steaming piles.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I have trouble believing that anyone in this thread can say with any degree of accuracy what they'd really do if they had been on that bus. Sure, it's easy to say what you'd like to do or believe is right, but I think you'd find it a lot harder to summon that courage when you saw a psycho with a fellow passenger's head in his hand.

You're not in a "I'm a trained military/police officer going into a place where I know there's the potential for some shit going down" situation. You're not in a "terrorists are taking over our plane and we might die if we don't confront them" situation. You're in a "I'm on a greyhound bus trip through rural Canada in the middle of the night and that fucking psycho has a big ass knife and a head in his hands" situation, and I think you might find your feet disagreeing with your brain's dreams of a parade in your honor and your turgid member's desire to pump some lead into a perp.

Every time I hear someone talking about what a man they'd be in a particular situation, I'm reminded of my Marine buddy who got shot in Somalia. He was the first guy through a door and took 3 to the chest, point blank (thankfully his body armor saved him). I was like "what did you do after you got shot??" His reply: "I shit my pants (ed: literally) and passed out".
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:I have trouble believing that anyone in this thread can say with any degree of accuracy what they'd really do if they had been on that bus. Sure, it's easy to say what you'd like to do or believe is right, but I think you'd find it a lot harder to summon that courage when you saw a psycho with a fellow passenger's head in his hand.

You're not in a "I'm a trained military/police officer going into a place where I know there's the potential for some shit going down" situation. You're not in a "terrorists are taking over our plane and we might die if we don't confront them" situation. You're in a "I'm on a greyhound bus trip through rural Canada in the middle of the night and that fucking psycho has a big ass knife and a head in his hands" situation, and I think you might find your feet disagreeing with your brain's dreams of a parade in your honor and your turgid member's desire to pump some lead into a perp.

Every time I hear someone talking about what a man they'd be in a particular situation, I'm reminded of my Marine buddy who got shot in Somalia. He was the first guy through a door and took 3 to the chest, point blank (thankfully his body armor saved him). I was like "what did you do after you got shot??" His reply: "I shit my pants (ed: literally) and passed out".
While you have the right to be weary of what people in the thread have said, I want to point out that I don't think anyone (myself included) was trying to make this into a "look at what a big brave macho horse sized dick havin motherfucker I am" type thing, and it seems that maybe you took it that way.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

It certainly looked that way to me.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Yes it did.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

That was my interpretation.

*shrug*
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I guess it all depends on how you look at another person's life. If you see stepping in to atempt to save it as being a macho-dick-waving-fuck, sure. If you see it as making an attempt to save the life of another before running away screaming because it is the right thing to do, you might understand MY point. (can't speak for others)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:I guess it all depends on how you look at another person's life. If you see stepping in to atempt to save it as being a macho-dick-waving-fuck, sure. If you see it as making an attempt to save the life of another before running away screaming because it is the right thing to do, you might understand MY point. (can't speak for others)
:vv_yeahthat:
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Boogahz wrote:I guess it all depends on how you look at another person's life. If you see stepping in to atempt to save it as being a macho-dick-waving-fuck, sure. If you see it as making an attempt to save the life of another before running away screaming because it is the right thing to do, you might understand MY point. (can't speak for others)
I think you're reading it wrong. I see people in this thread talking about how they would step in or calling the other people on that bus cowards as being a macho-dick-waving-fuck. I think it's noble to step in and help someone else. Good work to you for stepping up like you did; I'm not talking about you. I'm talking to the Armchair Charlie Bronsons.

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:
I think you're reading it wrong. I see people in this thread talking about how they would step in or calling the other people on that bus cowards as being a macho-dick-waving-fuck. I think it's noble to step in and help someone else. Good work to you for stepping up like you did; I'm not talking about you. I'm talking to the Armchair Charlie Bronsons.
If you are referring to me, you should probably learn to separate your opinion of me from what reality is. Everything I have said in this thread is 100% true and accurate.

I'm not saying that every single person on the bus should have banded up and attacked this guy, but it saddens me that there was only ONE person on the entire bus that was willing to confront the guy to possibly save someone. Sure, others helped block the door or disable the bus after the killer was trapped inside the bus and the numbers of people outside were larger, but I'd hardly call them heroic for that, I'd actually put it in the "too little too late" category.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Attempting to save someone's life is not macho-dick-waving.
Playing what if on an internet message board about saving someone's life is macho-dick-waving. Sitting comfortable in your chair and talking shit about the reactions of those who were in the situation is macho-dick-waving.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

WINNIPEG -- Passengers who witnessed a grisly killing aboard a Greyhound bus prevented an even greater tragedy by getting off and locking the accused killer inside, according to a self-defence expert.

"Because of the intensity of the situation, many lives were saved by those people retreating," said retired military cop Kim Marshall, a 22-year veteran of the Canadian Forces. "They did exactly the right thing."

Marshall, a former member of the military services' Close Personal Protection Team, said the randomness of the attack must have left everyone helpless to defend the victim.

"In my opinion, even someone with police training would have had trouble apprehending the suspect," said Marshall, an instructor at Meibukan Goju Karate Winnipeg Dojo.

Marshall said once the passengers knew the victim had been seriously wounded, they made the right choice to flee "because logic dictates self-preservation."

"I tell my students to use physical confrontation only as a last resort," he said.

"In my professional opinion, anyone in close proximity to a knife should retreat, get to a safe place and then call authorities, which is what they did."

In a highly stressful situation, there are physiological and psychological responses working closely together, said Marshall.

"The brain is the most powerful tool we possess," he said.

"It makes us aware of changing circumstances around us and how to deal with them."

Some of victim Tim McLean Jr.'s longtime friends are upset no one on the bus tried to disarm the suspect.

It may have been too late to save McLean Jr.'s life but had someone intervened, his body wouldn't have been disfigured and beheaded, they said.

"At least they would have tried," said Jessica Kehler.

"There were 37 people on the bus. One of them could have done something," said Collen Yestrau, who had known McLean since they were three.

--
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Some of victim Tim McLean Jr.'s longtime friends are upset no one on the bus tried to disarm the suspect.

It may have been too late to save McLean Jr.'s life but had someone intervened, his body wouldn't have been disfigured and beheaded, they said.

"There were 37 people on the bus. One of them could have done something," said Collen Yestrau, who had known McLean since they were three.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Do we even know the group makeup of these 37 people? Maybe some of them were elderly or retards or French. Apparently none of them were macho tough guys.

If only some of you guys had been on that bus...
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fash wrote:

And your point being?
Passengers who witnessed a grisly killing aboard a Greyhound bus prevented an even greater tragedy by getting off and locking the accused killer inside, according to a self-defence expert.

"Because of the intensity of the situation, many lives were saved by those people retreating," said retired military cop Kim Marshall, a 22-year veteran of the Canadian Forces. "They did exactly the right thing."

Marshall, a former member of the military services' Close Personal Protection Team, said the randomness of the attack must have left everyone helpless to defend the victim.

"In my opinion, even someone with police training would have had trouble apprehending the suspect," said Marshall, an instructor at Meibukan Goju Karate Winnipeg Dojo.

Marshall said once the passengers knew the victim had been seriously wounded, they made the right choice to flee "because logic dictates self-preservation."
That was easy.

--
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

They're both valid armchair opinions.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Not really. One of those opinions is from a more authoritive source on the subject matter whereas the other is based purely on emotion.

--
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The authority being from the Canadian military...one of whose members was on that bus and also ran away showing exactly how the Canadian military is trained. Contrast that to the flight on 9/11 where US civilians overpowered the terrorists and gave up their own lives to prevent a further attack. You can color it any way you want, but some of us would have at least given an effort to save some poor guy's life.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:Do we even know the group makeup of these 37 people? Maybe some of them were elderly or retards or French. Apparently none of them were macho tough guys.

If only some of you guys had been on that bus...

Picture taken right before the stabbing

Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Aslanna wrote:Not really. One of those opinions is from a more authoritive source on the subject matter whereas the other is based purely on emotion.
authoritive? That's not a word.

one is based on emotion, the other is based on lack of emotion. He had no part of it, and I can't think of any reason why he wouldn't support what they did. If they had wrestled him to the ground until police came, he'd probably be supporting that decision too.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:The authority being from the Canadian military...one of whose members was on that bus and also ran away showing exactly how the Canadian military is trained. Contrast that to the flight on 9/11 where US civilians overpowered the terrorists and gave up their own lives to prevent a further attack. You can color it any way you want, but some of us would have at least given an effort to save some poor guy's life.
yeah flight 93's heroic efforts would have been just like a busload of pussy ass canadian greyhound passengers trying to prevent a psychopath from cutting the head off of a lifeless corpse. you are a true patriot. dipshit.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

or they could have stopped him from stabbing him another 20 times....either way Canada sucks.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

yeah maybe he would have pulled through that mortal wound he had already received- if you had been there you could have used your gun to stitch up the hole in his throat after dispatching the villain

edit for accompanying dialog visual:

"ALRIGHT NOW HOLD STILL, CITIZEN."
*BLAM BLAM BLAM*

"wowie zowie!! thanks mister!"

"NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A CLOSE SHAVE!!"
*roll credits*
Last edited by cadalano on August 5, 2008, 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

I can see how if you were emotionally invested in a person, the comment I am about to make might seem insensitive, but who gives a shit if his body is disfigured? They acknowledged that it was too late to save him; if everyone else can safely get off of the bus and detain the crazy lunatic who is on board, I think that trying to keep a lifeless head attached to a lifeless body is not much of a priority.

I dunno, maybe my brain works differently than the rest of yours. If we're ever all riding a bus somewhere and someone kills me, I want you all to get to safety, even those of you that I don't really like. Let the lunatic use my body for whatever he wants; I'll be dead and won't care anymore. If you can detain the suspect on the bus so that he won't be able to do it to anyone else, that'd be great. But don't even risk having to get a couple stitches just to protect my lifeless husk of a body.

Go Blue!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Done! Conversely, if any of you see a guy stick me with a knife while I am asleep, shoot the fucker or crush his skull with anything handy and call the paramedics.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Sylvus wrote:They acknowledged that it was too late to save him...
Where did they say that he died instantly?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

How many people get stabbed in the fucking throat and live to tell about it?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Probably more than you think, or are we once again living in the Hollywood-world where you get stabbed or shot and fall over dead instantly?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I did a search for "stabbed in the throat survivors" and found one person on the first page.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Not to mention they were like... miles from medical assistance. Although in the Hollywood world I guess that doesn't happen too often.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:Not to mention they were like... miles from medical assistance. Although in the Hollywood world I guess that doesn't happen too often.
Getting the authorities to the bus location didn't seem to be a problem when "Badger" was eating the victim in the bus. I bet they would have come just as fast to help save the man's life if the passengers had been able to stem the flow of blood and deal with the victim's shock, etc..
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I bet cows would have swooped in and carried him off to safety as well. Fucking cows. They sat around and did nothing.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:I bet cows would have swooped in and carried him off to safety as well. Fucking cows. They sat around and did nothing.
They only fly during a tornado...haven't you seen Twister?!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Boogahz wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Some of victim Tim McLean Jr.'s longtime friends are upset no one on the bus tried to disarm the suspect.

Go Blue!
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Brutus709

Post by Forthe »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:The authority being from the Canadian military...one of whose members was on that bus and also ran away showing exactly how the Canadian military is trained. Contrast that to the flight on 9/11 where US civilians overpowered the terrorists and gave up their own lives to prevent a further attack. You can color it any way you want, but some of us would have at least given an effort to save some poor guy's life.
Kilmoll, have some fucking respect.
All posts are personal opinion.
My opinion may == || != my guild's.
"All spelling mistakes were not on purpose as I dont know shit ." - Torrkir
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Sylvus wrote:
Boogahz wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Some of victim Tim McLean Jr.'s longtime friends are upset no one on the bus tried to disarm the suspect.

Where did they say that he died instantly? Since you seem to think that only the police should have intervened, then where did the medical professionals declare him dead? This was a comment from the family that even acknowledged that he may not have been dead. Are you quoting them as your authoritative source of the fact he was dead as soon as the first puncture wound?
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Boogahz wrote:
Sylvus wrote:
Boogahz wrote:

Where did they say that he died instantly? Since you seem to think that only the police should have intervened, then where did the medical professionals declare him dead? This was a comment from the family that even acknowledged that he may not have been dead. Are you quoting them as your authoritative source of the fact he was dead as soon as the first puncture wound?
Where did i say he died instantly? I responded to the comments that were provided. It's right there in my quote. His people put forth "it may have been too late to save him". I accepted that as fact for the sake of argument, and responded to the the "they should have protected his dead body".

Additionally, I'm not a trained medical professional, but I think there's a point when someone is stabbing someone in the throat with a Rambo knife (and eventually decapitating them) that I would be able to tell that it is too late to save someone, particularly out in rural Canada when one is far from medical facilities.

I also don't see where I said that only the police should have intervened. If I remember correctly, in this thread I simply said that it was foolish for anyone who wasn't on that bus to call anyone on that bus a coward, and I said that it was foolish for anyone to risk their lives to try and protect a body that was already dead. Thank you for trying to put words into my mouth though.

Go Blue!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Sylvus wrote:
Boogahz wrote:
Sylvus wrote:
Boogahz wrote:

Where did i say he died instantly? I responded to the comments that were provided. It's right there in my quote.
Your response to me asking where he died instantly was that quote. That seems to point towards you using that to demonstrate your stance on the "he died instantly and nobody could have stopped it" bandwagon.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Boogahz wrote:
Sylvus wrote: Where did i say he died instantly? I responded to the comments that were provided. It's right there in my quote.
Your response to me asking where he died instantly was that quote. That seems to point towards you using that to demonstrate your stance on the "he died instantly and nobody could have stopped it" bandwagon.
And your response to me saying it was too late to save him was to ask where it said he died instantly...

Yay, semantics arguments! I said it was too late to save him. You questioned that. I pointed to exactly the part of the article that says just that. "Not died instantly" and "too late to save" are not mutually exclusive. When you're on a bus in rural Canada, at least 20 minutes from the nearest medical facility, and near decapitation, there's a point of no return... it's not like rebuilding the engine of a car.

At any rate, what point were you trying to get across?

Go Blue!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

The point was that they might have been able to save him if they had prevented the man from continuing to stab him repeatedly. Running away guaranteed his death. I guess I am the only person that has also stopped at accidents to assist before emergency personnel arrived. Sure, people have died, but I would like to think that any comfort or aid I can provide will at least help them and those that have survived get through the ordeal. How many people were on that bus? Were none of them trained in basic First Aid? I honestly do not understand the reaction of that many people to just run away and let a fellow passenger be treated that way rather than at least making some attempt to save him.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

The point was that they might have been able to save him if they had prevented the man from continuing to stab him repeatedly.
They might have put other passengers at risk by trying to play the hero.

Running away guaranteed his death.
I'm pretty sure the 40-50 stab wounds on his neck and torso guaranteed his death.

I guess I am the only person that has also stopped at accidents to assist before emergency personnel arrived.
There's a HUGE FUCKING DIFFERENCE between stopping and helping at an accident scene and confronting an armed psychopath in an enclosed area who just murdered a complete stranger.

Sure, people have died, but I would like to think that any comfort or aid I can provide will at least help them and those that have survived get through the ordeal.
What does that have to do with it?
Other motorists stopped. One trucker supplied a few people with makeshit weapons (tire iron, hammer, etc) so that they could try to confront the guy.

How many people were on that bus?
Roughly 40... including women, children and seniors.

Were none of them trained in basic First Aid?
Basic first aid isn't going to help someone who has been stabbed repeatedly (40+ times) with a 10" hunting knife.

I honestly do not understand the reaction of that many people to just run away and let a fellow passenger be treated that way rather than at least making some attempt to save him.
Maybe you should actually read what the fuck happened.
After getting all the passengers safely off the bus, a few people went back, armed with a hammer and tire iron to attempt to subdue him. He tried to attack the people who came back on the bus.
Last edited by miir on August 6, 2008, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

He was stabbed 40 times because they did not stop him. That is the point you can't seem to grasp.

*edit* oh noes, I think I am gonna cry since you made all of my text pink...omg what can I do with my life!!!!!?????????1./!>?!?!?!?
bitch.bitch.bitch.moan.dieezz
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I grasped it. At least I know if Boog was around I would not be on my own if bad shit was going down.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Boogahz wrote:He was stabbed 40 times because they did not stop him. That is the point you can't seem to grasp.
Do you honestly think that trying to save someone who is most likely already dead (or mortally wounded) is that much more important than getting 40 other people out of harms way?

Unless you were in that situation it's incredibly disrespectful to fault the actions of the other passengers on the bus.

The fact that nobody else was hurt is about the only positive that can be taken from this incident.
Last edited by miir on August 6, 2008, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I grasped it. At least I know if Boog was around I would not be on my own if bad shit was going down.
My Red Cross certifcations have expired though :(