To WOW Players!!

Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

miir wrote:
Truant wrote:You're the one spamming every active thread in the WoW forum.
Let me see....

There are 170 threads in the WoW forum.
In a 24 hour period I started 2 threads and posted on 4 others.

Whaaaaa!
I believe the key word in that sentence was active, by active people usually mean threads that have been posted on within the past day or so.
Fortune favors the brave!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

noel wrote:Out of curiosity, how does archery work in EQ2?

I managed to get to level 3 last night, and I was using some kind of dagger/dirk.

Is archery completely gay like in EQ1? Or can it be your primary weapon for the majority of the time in the game?
I have yet to find a bow (or any ranged weapon for that matter) below skill level 50 (level 10). I only used a bow on my berserker for long range pulls so I never paid much attention to how much damage it did. I've seen some scouts (with nice bows) regularly get triple digit bow hits.
It is possible to use archery as your primary source of damage (in a group) but it would be incredibly expensive and you'd be losing a lot of DPS from your melee combat arts.

Scouts have some nice ranged combat arts.

<edit>
How it works... well you need a bow and some arrows. :oops:
Hit 'K' to open your combat arts/spells/tradekills/abilities page. You have a range attack skill there, just drag and drop to a hotkey bar.
It's a toggle skill, when it's on, you will autoattack with your ranged weapon. You do, however, need a bit of distance between you and the target to use a bow.
Last edited by miir on February 24, 2005, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Tegellan wrote:
I believe the key word in that sentence was active, by active people usually mean threads that have been posted on within the past day or so.
Ok, according to your definition, I spammed all 2 active threads in the WoW forum.

I am teh guilty!
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

miir action shot!

Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Looks like Kwon!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Here's some damage numbers from a level 50 ranger using different types of arrows.
Fulginate Rounded Arrow: 586, 651, 562, 593, 439, 721, 562, 656, 514 = average 587
Fulginate Arrow: 902, 708, 711, 733, 626 = average 726
Indium Arrow: 923, 706, 729, 848, 874 = average 816
That's pretty sick damage.
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Chmee »

noel wrote:Out of curiosity, how does archery work in EQ2?

I managed to get to level 3 last night, and I was using some kind of dagger/dirk.

Is archery completely gay like in EQ1? Or can it be your primary weapon for the majority of the time in the game?
I haven't looked at archery a lot but I seem to get some decent damage out of it with my trusty bard alt Rebennack. You can't kite something forever like in EQ1 so if you are soloing you will probably only get a few shots off before the mob gets in too close (as someone said, there is a minimum distance you can't use a bow under). If you have someone else tanking then of course you can keep plinking.

Just to lay out a couple weapons for comparison. Reb's is currently 18 and dual wields two Willow wood hunting blades, these do a damage of 4-11 (will do 4-13 at level 22, their max) with a delay of 1.4. His bow is blue con to him so is a lower level then him (I forget what exactly) which does 15-75 with a delay of 7. He also has a level 25 bow he can't use that maxes out at 17-83 with a delay of 4.5 seconds (its a bit shorter range though).

Some classes also get some decent ranged special attacks. The only one Reb has so far is Singing Shot, which fires two shots and does mental damage (42-70 and 47-79).

Rangers unsuprisingly get the most ranged special attacks, the list is here ...

http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/list/abilities_ranger.php

In addition to straight damage ones they get a few with some interesting effects. Here are just a couple.

20 Wounding Arrow Experience 1.0s 0.5s 30.0s 0
Ranged attack that lowers enemy's parry and deflection abilities on a hit.

24 Trick Shot Experience 1.0s 0.5s 1 min. 0
Deals damage with little hate. The next player to damage the creature will enrage the creature, generating hate.

30 Rip Experience 1.0s 0.5s 20.0s 0
Deals damage as a ranger rips an arrow from the target and the ranger receives an arrow.

(not really a ranged attack I guess, but amusing)

32 Miracle Shot Experience 1.0s 0.5s 1 min. 0
Deals damage from a distance. It does not require line of sight.
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I am out of vee vee's therefore i am going to share with you all my wonderful ideas on how everquest 2, the sequel to the game that we all played for so many years and which I pesonally played for 4 and a half years, could have been better. The different races really really really should have their own unique starting places and the introduction to the game is a very very very fucking lames excuse for everyone to end up on that fucking communist pinko hippy liberal commune fucking island. I cannot believe the assling that came up with that bullshit actually got a paycheck and bought toilet paper, eggs, milk, paid rent, bought gas and chewing gum/cigarettes, paid tolls while driving to work on those gigantic California expressways I see on TV all the time, laxitives, ice cream, Valium, Kellogg's Corn Flakes, Dorito's, bread, peanut butter, and other necessities of life with that money. In World of Warcraft, the game which I and many many many other people, some of whom are very cool and nice and know how to game hardcore while still having fun and not taking shit too fucking seriously and some of whom are the stupidest motherfuckers on the face of the earth (which I have devided into two sub-groups: the kids under 15 who don't know any better and the people over 15 who SHOULD know better but for some reason just don't {I blame their parents, teachers, coaches, preists, grandparents, community leaders, and other role model types} understand fully) and some of whom are just kinda there (I think these people are the true noobies and are just overwhelmed with how cool and immersive the world truly is), every race has its own unique area that perfectly fits in with their place in the world, both in terms of how they got there, and in terms of where they came from, and it really gives you a feeling of history that Everquest 2 is completely lacking (the feeling, not the history, because let me tell you, the original Everquest had some much lore that I think it may have been more detailed and complete than what we know about Sumerian civilization) and takes away from the ability to really dive into the game headfirst right from the get go. Also, I think the faces of the characters look like they all have trisomy of the human chromosome numbered 21, which is what that retarded kid on "Life Goes On had." His name was Corky, and lately, miir has begun to remind me of him, except Corky was nice and tried to help people and miir is just a dirty spammer, a lower form of life than even the Russian fucking spam generating retards that have been registering here lately. This means that, while the world is beautiful, the characters are impossible to form any kind of attachment to, maybe because I am a shallow bastard and I must have either a pretty or badass looking avatar in the games I play, but regardless of the reason, means that I am less immersed in the game world. p.s. I had sushi for dinner tonight, we had a eel and avocado roll, a crazy eel roll, a spicy tuna roll, a shrimp tempura roll, tuna sashimi, salmon sashimi, shrimp sushi, crab sushi, and we were supposed to have the tempura appetizer, but the waitress forgot to bring it to us, but she didn't charge us for it and had an ass like J Lo (except she was a blond haired white girl from some Scandinavian country, and I would really really really like to bang her, because a white girl with an ass like that is hard to find) and otherwise the food was fucking awesome. Oh yeah, and some of sake and lots of Sapporo, which I think is the best beer in the world to drink while eating sushi, maybe because it cleanses the pallet between bites, or just maybe because all the sushi places I've ever been to have it.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I gave you 50 VV's for posting while drunk. Next time though I want to see you so drunk you cannot spell at all. (although you had some nice spelling and grammar moments in this post too.)
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Please point out any spelling or grammatical mistakes so I can fix them. :razz:
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

masteen wrote:I am out of vee vee's therefore i am going to share with you all my wonderful ideas on how everquest 2, the sequel to the game that we all played for so many years and which I pesonally played for 4 and a half years, could have been better. The different races really really really should have their own unique starting places and the introduction to the game is a very very very fucking lames excuse for everyone to end up on that fucking communist pinko hippy liberal commune fucking island. I cannot believe the assling that came up with that bullshit actually got a paycheck and bought toilet paper, eggs, milk, paid rent, bought gas and chewing gum/cigarettes, paid tolls while driving to work on those gigantic California expressways I see on TV all the time, laxitives, ice cream, Valium, Kellogg's Corn Flakes, Dorito's, bread, peanut butter, and other necessities of life with that money. In World of Warcraft, the game which I and many many many other people, some of whom are very cool and nice and know how to game hardcore while still having fun and not taking shit too fucking seriously and some of whom are the stupidest motherfuckers on the face of the earth (which I have devided into two sub-groups: the kids under 15 who don't know any better and the people over 15 who SHOULD know better but for some reason just don't {I blame their parents, teachers, coaches, preists, grandparents, community leaders, and other role model types} understand fully) and some of whom are just kinda there (I think these people are the true noobies and are just overwhelmed with how cool and immersive the world truly is), every race has its own unique area that perfectly fits in with their place in the world, both in terms of how they got there, and in terms of where they came from, and it really gives you a feeling of history that Everquest 2 is completely lacking (the feeling, not the history, because let me tell you, the original Everquest had some much lore that I think it may have been more detailed and complete than what we know about Sumerian civilization) and takes away from the ability to really dive into the game headfirst right from the get go. Also, I think the faces of the characters look like they all have trisomy of the human chromosome numbered 21, which is what that retarded kid on "Life Goes On had." His name was Corky, and lately, miir has begun to remind me of him, except Corky was nice and tried to help people and miir is just a dirty spammer, a lower form of life than even the Russian fucking spam generating retards that have been registering here lately. This means that, while the world is beautiful, the characters are impossible to form any kind of attachment to, maybe because I am a shallow bastard and I must have either a pretty or badass looking avatar in the games I play, but regardless of the reason, means that I am less immersed in the game world. p.s. I had sushi for dinner tonight, we had a eel and avocado roll, a crazy eel roll, a spicy tuna roll, a shrimp tempura roll, tuna sashimi, salmon sashimi, shrimp sushi, crab sushi, and we were supposed to have the tempura appetizer, but the waitress forgot to bring it to us, but she didn't charge us for it and had an ass like J Lo (except she was a blond haired white girl from some Scandinavian country, and I would really really really like to bang her, because a white girl with an ass like that is hard to find) and otherwise the food was fucking awesome. Oh yeah, and some of sake and lots of Sapporo, which I think is the best beer in the world to drink while eating sushi, maybe because it cleanses the pallet between bites, or just maybe because all the sushi places I've ever been to have it.

just a few mistakes i found. the -5 pts for using 'fucking' twice in one sentance. the italica actually impressed me for the longest run on sentance ever encounterd in vv. not that i'm one to judge btw. oh ya, and -5pts for not bothering to bring up wasabe in your sushi section of your rant. than k you and here are 50vv's.
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Madwands
No Stars!

wow

Post by Madwands »

Wow, that was lovely.....or is it Glorious
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I've given your 500 VV's so as to bribe you into reposting the above in paragraphs.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

There will be no paragraphs!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Miracle shot should be called "exploit shot". A ranger can sneak into a room or target it off of someone else and pull a named non-linked mob to a safe spot from just about anywhere his bow can reach.

The noob island does kind of suck. It is nice in making you actually learn how to do things before you hit the areas where you can really bother people though. You won't see some of the best zones and graphics in the game until you can safely travel to them. The new Cazic Thule zone is absolutely incredible. They have watching eyes inset into the walls....and every eye actually turns to watch you as you walk through the place.

A real warning: leveling to where you can see some of the really good places is somewhat boring graphically. The cities are really well done, but most of what you will do otherwise will be outdoor zones.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Yeah, especially if you take the 'good' path.
Antonica and Thundering Steppes are very bland, graphically.

Commonlands and Nektulos are far more visually interesting... although I would love to see Nek forest without the fog just once.

Even the Qeynos side dungeons are rather bland. The novelty of Blackburrow wears off quickly and the 3 catacomb dungeons under Qeynos use the same tileset. However, Stormhold (aka Befallen) is still one of my favorite zones.

Cazic is just spectacular. Obelisk of Lost Souls is very asthetically pleasing (in layout, design and textures).
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:
Same basic overall rules as the whole of VeeshanVault, plus one favor that I'd ask.

If you don't like a sport, nobody cares. If there's a conversation about the Pan-Am Water Polo Games and you think water polo is for pussies, stfu and click on the next thread. We don't need someone chiming in on every thread about how they dislike some sport. If you must, go for it, but please at least have an argument to make.

Trash talking between fans of opposing rivalries is encouraged. That's one of the things that make sports great, so have at it.
This needs to be enacted here. People who play this game don't even bother reading it half the time because of absolute garbage that is posted non-stop by WoW fanbois. If you think there is a SS posted here that looks like shit, by all means speak up. We do not want to have ass hats posting in every fucking thread the kinf\d of shit that gets posted here. We have several forums that are open game for flaming if you feel the need.

Feel happy that Akaran is the mod here. I would be deleting half the garbage spewed in this forum just to make it readable by people who play EQ2.
This was tried in the Everquest forum and the shit hit the fan. It was decided that since this was 'flamevault' that all forums should be exposed to retarded troll spammers and forum moderators really have no power to moderate.

I hope those that were in favor of that got what they wanted. I dare say that probably includes some of those EQ2 people complaining in this thread.

(Note the "probably". I'm not going to search to find the thread)
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--