NFL News/Discussion 2011

What do you think about the sports world?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: NFL News/Discussion 2011

Post by miir »

2 game Suh-spension
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

miir wrote:2 game Suh-spension
Bwahahahahaaaaaaaa

Perhaps he needs Suh-me behavioral modification. I suggest the Ludovico Technique.
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

A Farewell to Denver, by K-Dog Motherfucking O-Tide...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8_buda5vWo
en kærlighed småkager
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

My wife wears a Tebow jersey to bed. :lol:
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Do you do her in the pooper and pretend to give her a reach around while she wears it?
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

While I don't necessarily agree with his beliefs, I'm all for his conviction. I don't hear much of his Bible thumping because I don't pay much attention to what he has to say.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Exactly. His interviews are tremendously boring. I just pay attention to the games. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If his wife was the most important part of his life, would he go on and on about how much he loves his wive and put her name under his eyes? I don't think so. You can still tell your wife how much you love her every time you see her but the rest of the world doesn't give a shit. Wait until you see Jesus and then tell him. Pointing to the sky should be fined for excessive celebration just like all the other TD celebrations. Why should he be allowed to do that while maybe the most important thing in someone else's life is moonwalking and then spinning around 360 on their back after a TD?

Religion should get zero leeway in sports. It's the same as flashing a gang sign except religion is responsible for a lot more deaths and misery.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

If you hate religion so much, why don't you just give me all of your money? It does all say "In God we trust" on it. Those filthy bastards!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:If you hate religion so much, why don't you just give me all of your money? It does all say "In God we trust" on it. Those filthy bastards!

I don't carry cash on me so I don't have to see that!

The only reason to have cash on you anymore is if you go to a nudy bar.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Winnow wrote:If his wife was the most important part of his life, would he go on and on about how much he loves his wive and put her name under his eyes? I don't think so. You can still tell your wife how much you love her every time you see her but the rest of the world doesn't give a shit. Wait until you see Jesus and then tell him. Pointing to the sky should be fined for excessive celebration just like all the other TD celebrations. Why should he be allowed to do that while maybe the most important thing in someone else's life is moonwalking and then spinning around 360 on their back after a TD?

Religion should get zero leeway in sports. It's the same as flashing a gang sign except religion is responsible for a lot more deaths and misery.
I disagree. I have a wife that I'm very much in love with, and even when I'm not trying to I find myself bringing her name up in conversation. Because I spend most of my time with her and she's the most important person in my life, I can't help but include thoughts of her in most everything I do. I suppose if God/Jesus/Allah/Jah were the most important part of my life, I might conduct myself in a manner similar to Tebow.

I can see how the analogy might fail for a divorced misogynist that's only interested in barely legal asian schoolgirl panty flashes, though.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

:lol:
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sylvus wrote: I can see how the analogy might fail for a divorced misogynist that's only interested in barely legal asian schoolgirl panty flashes, though.
Do you see me praising asian schoolgirl panties all the time? Whether panty flashes are the love of my life or not, I can't recall I post in the sports forum, or most forums where I constantly profess my love for them. After I school someone in full contact origami, I don't profess my love for panty flashes in my victory speech yet you somehow know even without constant reminding that panty flashes get the thumbs up from me. Appropriate places. For example, if you peruse the comics forum, you'd probably figure it out quickly. The comics forum is a good place to discuss that sort of thing but I don't see the need to include it when I win a bet and say, "Thank God for panty flashes".
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

you do moan about that iPod Nano up your ass a lot though!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:you do moan about that iPod Nano up your ass a lot though!
Nanos dont vibrate.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Winnow wrote:
Boogahz wrote:you do moan about that iPod Nano up your ass a lot though!
Nanos dont vibrate.
Is that what keeps upsetting you? :P
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Ndamukong Suh will be suspended for the Lions’ next two games after losing his appeal.

The NFL announced today that Suh’s suspension was upheld, following an appeal hearing with Pro Football Hall of Famer Art Shell, who now serves as an NFL-NFLPA on-field affairs officer, on Thursday.
Oh darn. What a shame.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Good to see Art Shell making himself useful.
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

10/15 202 yards 2 TD 0 INT and another win.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Cinci, OAK lose. Yay! :D Steelers knocked the shit out of CIN. Crazy game in MIN...better looking passes from Tebow, much better.
en kærlighed småkager
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:10/15 202 yards 2 TD 0 INT and another win.
After starting 1-4, the bronco is now in first place in the AFC West. Two really tough games ahead.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kolb 16/25 247, 1 TD 0 INT Win!

Kolb 20 rushing 3/20 yards

Tebow rushing 4/13 yards
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

masteen wrote:
After starting 1-4, the bronco is now in first place in the AFC West. Two really tough games ahead.
Bears are not nearly as good minus Cutler. Plus, they lost Forte for a couple weeks. NE is different story but Chi, Kc, Buf are definitely doable.
en kærlighed småkager
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

I'm not surprised that that Tebow bubble didn't burst against the Vikings: they are a team that I think has confidence issues as well as an inexperienced QB and some other issues. On the flip side, I didn't watch the game, but I was surprised the Broncos scored as many pts as they did: the special teams/D score some for them?

I cringed when I saw Forte was hurt for the Bears. I remember seeing/hearing a lot of discussion earlier in the season about him thinking about holding out, and people talking about the possibilities of injuries vs new contracts etc. ESPN is saying its a sprained MCL (2-6 weeks to recover typically). I wonder if this kills any chances for the Bears this year and also what impact it will have on Forte's new contract...

Suh needs to get his act together. I shook my head after seeing he was in a car accident while serving his suspension. He could be a dominant player on the D-Line for the Lions (or possibly other teams should he move) for years, but if he doesn't straighten his head out, he could be the next Albert Haynesworth.

WTF is with the recent hype in things like the AFC Power Rankings (which I place limited credence in to begin with), about the Pats and "Brady being back"? They never went anywhere. Brady was there when they lost those games, including the man handling by the Steelers and the collapse agains the Bills. No one said New England was a bad team, just that they were looking mortal, and that D still isn't inspiring. Its not like they're the Jets or anything...

Another week, another win for Green Bay. 12-0. Can they go all the way and achieve what the Patriots thought they were going to? Some of the wins are less than dominating but a win is a win and Rodgers & Co. find they way to win...

I also think its kind of interesting that the North divisions in the respective conferences appear to be the toughest at this point. I don't think there is a truly bad team in the NFC North, although the Bears are hurting b/c of injuries and the Vikes need to find themselves. Cleveland is the worst of a nasty bunch in the AFC North and their D shows a lot of good signs (the offense is sporadic but they're another team with a developing QB, so that could improve too).
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Terrible officiating on both sides of the game mired what was arguably the best game of the year between GB and the Giants. It was nice to see the Packers actually have to work for a win for a change, through the defense goes from adequite to bad when Woodson is out. Giants leverage launching guys on the two closing FGs will probably draw some fines this week, as will the ball punching on Rodgers in the third. Eli sure got pounded though. He was hit something like half of all of his dropbacks? Thats encouraging and will go a long way towards helping us when we play somewhere where they actually call holding. We did get away with one on the TD pass to Jennings that got knocked out of his hands, though. Giants played their hearts out, but their defense was completely spent in the fourth. It has to be pretty demoralizing to have outscored the best offense in football and still have lost the game. Hope they saved something in the tank for Dallas.

Also, Tebow finally put together an average half of passing, even if it was the Vikings with a depleted secondary. Too bad for Ponder he made a god aweful decision at the end of the game, because he played really well up to that point, but the INT that sealed it is going to eclipse all of that.

Finally, LOL at the Cowboys finding new ways to fail. Icing your own kicker?
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Jice Virago wrote:Finally, LOL at the Cowboys finding new ways to fail. Icing your own kicker?
lol, I saw the end of that, and I laughed when the Cardinals got the time out just as he kicked a good FG....then I saw the graphic saying that the Cowboys had actually called the timeout. Classic!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Wulf - 1 DEF TD in Q1 when Haggen returned a Ponder pick tpo the house.

28 offensive points in 2nd half.
- TD Pass (D Thomas)
- TD Pass (D Thomas)
- TD Run (24 yd McGahee)
- 2PT Conv (T Tebow)
- 2 x FG by Prater

That is a lot of points for a half! Still need to figure out way to get out to quicker start, but the defense, albeit rather porous against the pass, made the plays when they needed to.
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

In the inaugural issue of the new NFL Magazine, the league-owned publication picks Peyton as the MVP.

‘Look, we all know who would win if we took a poll right now,” said Mike Dunphy, publisher and editor-in-chief of the freshly-christened venture, via the Los Angeles Times. “Aaron Rodgers would absolutely kill it. But if the Colts end up going the way they’re headed, the more it proves that Peyton really is the franchise. . . . Is he really the MVP? Everybody has an opinion on that, and this is ours.”

Though it appears to be an outlandish take aimed merely at generating interest in the latest entry into a dying industry, it confirms that some genuinely believe that a man who didn’t play at all has more value than everyone who has.

Plenty will disagree. Including Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney.

“It is disrespectful and it’s ridiculous across the board, to all of the guys who are actually playing the game,” Freeney said, per the Associated Press. “To the guys who are playing hard, it’s unfortunate that they’re doing something like that. They will and they do look ridiculous doing that.”
I agree. Manning being MVP without even playing a game that would be a slap in the face!

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

88 x Tebow = http://deadspin.com/5866144/every-tebow ... =tim-tebow

Nice compilation on every Tebow utterence during TebowCenter yesterday.

Tebow is becoming the new rainbow. BOW, GETIT?! lalalol
en kærlighed småkager
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Prater is a fucking mule. Icewater in his veins. Superlatives are inadequate. I keep thinking this team has to run out of gas sometime, but then somebody else steps up.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Fucking unreal.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Cardinals are 5-1 in their last 6 games.

That over-the-hill receiver (actually the best receiver in the game and he's not even 30) had 7 catches for 149 yards and a TD, including a huge block to get Early Doucet (60 yard TD) into the end zone as well. Fitz simply sucks. (43 yard TD and 53 yard receptions) With the highlight reel Fitzgerald is putting up this year, I'm still amused someone on this board (Jice) called him slow and old. I have no fucking clue what film he's looking at.

Everyone is praising God at how great Tebow is....um, no he isn't. Cardinals are 5-1 with a combination of mostly Skelton and a little Kolb at QB. Tebow is not miracle worker. Wait..maybe Skelton is the second coming of Christ since there's no way grandpa Fitzgerald (he's 28) could be putting up big numbers otherwise.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Fitz is pretty awesome. Kolb is Matt Cassel 2.0. Skelton. LOL.

Still though--impressive win by AZ. 4th quarter? I'll take Tebow. I just mute the post-game and call it good. Don't give a shit about his beliefs, except for his belief in his team....pretty awesome, that...even after all of the dropped passes.

11.5 sacks for Von Miller. Dude is fucking crazy good.
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The Cardinals are utterly and completely irrelevant. No one cares about your team because they are not going to be in the playoffs and really are unremarkable garbage.

We are celebrating Tebow because he is 7-1 after taking over for a 1-4 team that was labeled as one of the worst teams in the league. Said team also traded their best receiver!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:The Cardinals are utterly and completely irrelevant. No one cares about your team because they are not going to be in the playoffs and really are unremarkable garbage.
God cares about all his children including the Cardinals! Don't forget, Kurt Warner carried the torch of God for years in Arizona!

Amazingly, the Cardinals are actually in the hunt for a playoff spot. Dallas isn't helping by losing this week though.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Dallas losing makes people smile :)
en kærlighed småkager
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Especially Steeler fans. Fuck Dallas.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

and fuck Neil O'Donnell!
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

At least the Cardinals beat a real opponent this week, I will say that for them. A big part of it is indeed Fitz getting off his ass and racking up some yards the last couple games, but I think they (like the Broncos) are getting wins through their defense. They still won't make the playoffs, though. Its going to be Atlanta and whoever fucks up the least between Detroit, NYG, and Dallas for the wild cards.

Chicago fucked themselves on so many levels this weekend, but not falling down in bounds just iced it at the end. I think, given their schedule, that Denver wins their division over Oakland, but whoever wins it is just going to be the round one warmup for the Steelers/Ravens anyhow. So the whole Tebow thing makes for good press, but thats about it.

After watcing the Pack force feed the Raiders their asses, I think that this team will go 16-0 in regular season play, mostly because they won't want to let the dirty ass Lions into the playoffs which will be motivation enough for them. The Saints play like shit on the road and lost at home to the Packers, so I don't see them stopping them. I think the Giants (if they get in) have the best shot of stopping GB from getting to the Superbowl, mostly because they have a descent offence and play well in cold weather. If the Packers get to the Superbowl, they will pummel whoever they face from the AFC. Only NE can keep pace offensively, but I don't think they will make it through the playoffs with their uneven play and shoddy defense.

Overall, this was probably the most exciting weekend for close games and drama.

Dwight Eisenhower
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I think the Steelers can beat GB. They were a driving late when Mendenhall fumbled...they had an INT return for a TD and I do not think those will happen again. The other huge difference is that Carnell Lake has the secondary playing at a whole different level. He has them playing press coverage instead of allowing teams to grab 7 and 8 yard passes to march down the field....see also the ass whipping they gave New England this year.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I will be very surprised if teh pack doesn't start sitting some of their stars early and often now that they've got home field advantage sewn up. No reason to keep wearing and tearing for something that, while a spiffy record, means dick in terms of playoff seeding.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

That strategy worked well for the Colts a couple years ago. Go big or go home!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I think the Steelers can beat GB. They were a driving late when Mendenhall fumbled.
The Steelers barely beat the Cardinals in the Superbowl. No way they beat Green Bay. That big hair safety guy is getting a little crusty. Aaron Rogers is a machine. GB wins by at least 2 TDs against any AFC team except possibly NE.

The Cardinals deserve to be right where they are but they had four games that they had the lead in under 2 minutes and couldn't run out the clock. That's something fixable, especially with Beanie Wells showing up the 2nd half of the season. Let the 49ers enjoy their one year with the division title because Arizona is taking it back next year.

The Cardinals Defense is shaping up nicely. Throw in a high draft pick WR next year and AZ already has Ryan Williams (RB) to back up/replace Beanie as long as he recovers from his injury. QB doesn't really matter. Just throw anyone back there. Skelton (4-1 as a starter) actually seems to be improving. Arrange to have Kolb take a blow to the head until further notice.

Playoffs:
The cardinals need the Lions or Falcons to lose out their last three games, here they are...

Jaguars @ Falcons (Thursday night)
Falcons @ Saints
Tampa Bay @ Falcons

Lions @ Raiders
Chargers @ Lions
Lions @ Packers

The Cardinals still have to beat the Browns, Bengals, and Sea-hawks.
Lions could easily lose out. Cardinals have a good shot at beating all three teams left but I have a hard time seeing Atlanta losing to both Jaguars and Tampa at home.

Bears, Giants and Dallas are also factors.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

New England's defense can't stop anyone. GB would put 70 points up on that secondary. The Redskins just put 27 points on them. To stop an offense like that, you have to knock guys off their routes and give your front 4 an extra 2 seconds of pressure on the QB. That means a secondary with guys that can be physical and a team with some good pass rushers can disrupt them if they play their corners up on the line and jam.

That is incidentally also the way to beat NE and is precisely what Pitt is capable of doing this year. I have NEVER seen them play their corners up on the line since Woodson left. This year, Carnell Lake has added a lot of press coverage and their secondary is so much better that I am not sure I am watching the same guys play. The real issue is them being healthy enough to get past Baltimore...they have to have Woodley, Pouncey, Polamalu, and Roethlisberger healthy for the playoffs.(although Roethlisberger seems to actually play better if he is hurt)

btw....didn't the Steelers beat the dog shit out of Arizona this year?
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Fitzgerald is 6th in the NFL in receiving yards this year. The quarterbacks throwing to the five guys ahead of him:

Tom Brady (106) (#2 offense)
Cam Newton (81.1) (#5 offense)
Eli Manning (95.5) (#7 offense)
Matt Stafford (92.6) (#10 offense)
Drew Brees (105.9) (#1 offense)

The quarterbacks throwing to the next five guys in line:

Tom Brady (106) (#2 offense)
Ben Roethlisberger (95.6) (#11 offense)
Eli Manning (95.5) (#7 offense)
Matt Ryan (88.0) (#13 offense)
Aaron Rodgers (123.3) (#3 offense)

The quarterbacks throwing to Larry Fitzgerald this year:

Kevin Kolb (81.1) (#22 offense)
John Skelton (66.8) (#22 offense)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote: btw....didn't the Steelers beat the dog shit out of Arizona this year?
That was before Tebow took over in Denver which miraculously also boosted Arizona's defense.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Winnow wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote: btw....didn't the Steelers beat the dog shit out of Arizona this year?
That was before Tebow took over in Denver which miraculously also boosted Arizona's defense.
:lol:
en kærlighed småkager
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

You also have to figure in the fact that Rodgers spreads around the ball so much that no one reciever is going to rack up a ton of stats, whereas the Cardinals have literally no one else but Fitz to toss it to. Its still good work on his part to pick up his numbers down the stretch, with people knowing he is all they have.

Regarding the Steelers:
No way in hell they even keep the game close enough smell GBs farts this year, unless they start playing super dirty (admittedly likely in the Stealer's case) early on. Their secondary was made to look old in last year's SB and that was before Rodgers caught fire. Mendenhall's fumble had nothing to do with the outcome of that game, compared to Rapelessberger handing the Pack two scores, which is not anomylous for him in the Superbowl as his stats are very pedestrian in most playoff games. The Cheatriots are getting beat because people have figured out that Brady cannot beat good man coverage, which the Stealers are one team that can pull off against them. Jamming the packer recievers at the line gets you a heavy dose of their ridiculously deep TE roster, which they did not have last year. That means that Pittsburg would have to keep offensive pace with the Packers, which has proven quite literally impossible for every team they have faced this year, with the Giants comming the closest.

This is all academic, though, because there is no way the Steelers will get past Baltimore, if they even make it that far. Thanks to the bad PR Big Ben gave them with his little bathroom rape stunt they are not getting a free pass on a lot of the dirty crap they pulled in previous years. They are also long in the tooth, which hurts you the most this time of year. The biggest things they have going in their favor are that most of the AFC teams going into the playoffs are low scoring and several are inconsistent, but I do not see them surviving both New England and the Ravens this time out.

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jice Virago wrote:You also have to figure in the fact that Rodgers spreads around the ball so much that no one reciever is going to rack up a ton of stats, whereas the Cardinals have literally no one else but Fitz to toss it to. Its still good work on his part to pick up his numbers down the stretch, with people knowing he is all they have.
Early Ducet has 5 TDs and 600 yards so far. He's coming on a bit. Skelton threw TDs to three different receivers last game.