NFL News/Discussion 2009

What do you think about the sports world?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: NFL News/Discussion 2009

Post by miir »

Please, no more talk about how great the Vikings are.
I just scanned back through this thread and YOU seem to be the only person talking about how great they are('nt)...
I'd hazard a guess that nobody posting here is a Vikings fan. Heck, I think most of us are so sick everything Favre that we automatically cheer against the Vikings now.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I know I do.

The Packer game yesterday was an awesome game. I just wish the results had been different. I can't fault that throw and catch. It was an incredible win for the Steelers.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Last I checked this year, Orton had a 97.4 QB rating in Denver. Cutler last year had an 86.0 rating with the exact same players.

Last year Denver was 8-8 under Cutler. This year they are 5-0. (Please note there is a D in Denver)
Haven't checked the ratings in a few weeks but I'm guessing Orton's numbers are pretty close to Cutler's last year.

What stupid fuckhead,non sport playing, armchair, madden playing, fantasy footbal faggots do not understand about actual sports is that some players are winners and some are losers. Orton is a winner. He makes the other players believe in themselves and they play harder because of the winners in the huddle. Stats are for losers and fantasy fags. Give me a QB that "manages the game" and manages to win 10-12 games a year and goes to playoffs and Super Bowls over any of these pass crazy bullshit QB's that cannot win.
I think the only thing this season has shown is that Orton is a bit better than Cutler... which is really nothing to brag about.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

... well right, except the Broncos also got TWO first round picks and a third rounder for Cutler. Orton was basically a throw-in so they'd have somebody to play quarterback.

Cutler with Broncos last year: 86.0. Orton with Broncos this year: 89.2.

Orton with Bears last year: 79.6. Cutler with Bears this year: 71.1.

So: Orton with Broncos outperformed Cutler with Broncos. Cutler with Bears underperformed Orton with Bears. And the Broncos got an absolutely huge haul in the draft, which is of course absolutely critical to building a winning NFL team. It looks as if the Bears first-round pick this year will be in the 7-12 range or so.

The only way that the Bears can salvage this deal is if Cutler develops into a complete Peyton Manning style superstar. I guess it's not impossible, but it's not looking hugely likely at this point.

Kilmoll, along with everyone else who called this trade out, have been hugely vindicated by the season.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

If the recievers keep dropping and fumbling like they did last night (and the defense plays another flat game like that), then it is likely going to be the Eagles in the superbowl this year. Last night was aweful, but it was hardly Favre's fault, with the shitty O-Line play and Peterson still being mostly useless. Favre must have felt like he was playing at Green Bay again... The only good news is that it is nothing but cupcakes the rest of the way, but of course Carolina was supposed to be an easy game too, so who knows? They have two games to work this shit out or its going to be Martyball again this season for the Vikes.

And yes, congratulations on winning the weakest division in football. While the Vikes shit the bed worse last night, I would not exactly be waving my cock around after barely squeeking past Detroit. If I were the Cards I would play the next game hard and pull starters at the half against GB, because they need to get some consistency. In fact, given the poor play of the Vikes D the last couple weeks, I do not think that win is looking quite as remarkable.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Don't get me wrong, I don't really have that much bad to say about Orton.

I just got a good laugh about the flip flopping and Kyle Orton bandwagon jumping in this thread.
He's a half-decent QB. He doesn't suck and he's not a superstar. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes but he doesn't really make the big plays or put together game changing drives.

In Cutler's defense, he is having a really horrible year. The Bears O line is just fucking terrible.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jice Virago wrote: And yes, congratulations on winning the weakest division in football. While the Vikes shit the bed worse last night, I would not exactly be waving my cock around after barely squeeking past Detroit.

Always so negative! : )

My point is being made clearer that all teams have crappy losses (SD with maybe the least crappy) besides the Colts and Saints, although the Cowboys aren't a juggernaut that the Saints lost to. At this point, you can throw all the playoff bound teams besides the Colts into the mix.

It will be hard to evaluate some things over the next two weeks due to teams protecting players etc. That's one thing I dislike about the NFL. There are too many meaningless games. Pre season (shorten it to two games) and create more incentive for playing through entire schedule. The last 1-2 weeks in the NFL, half the games aren't worth anything. Perhaps that's not easy to change though. (pre season is)
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

I flip flopped on Orton because I really didn't feel like getting into a shouting match with apparent rabid fans. I said he sucks, I thought he sucked, I still think he sucks. Like I said in my last post, maybe sucks is too strong of a word, how about, isn't somebody I'd want to depend on to win a game for me, especially if somehow the other team gets over a 2 score lead.

Also, after Kilmoll posted, what the fucking fuck would be the point to responding to that? Armchair, never played sports, fantasy football, madden playing cockmonger or whatever he called me? It was pretty funny because of everything he said, he only got 1 right.

Anyway, I have nothing constructive to say except for, go Eagles, which is hilarious because they are my team and they happen to be playing the Denver Ortons this weekend.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The San Diego Chargers are going to win the Super Bowl.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Taison Earbiter
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Taison Earbiter »

Spang wrote:The San Diego Chargers are going to win the Super Bowl.
That looks like a very distinct possibility.

Colts/Chargers in the AFC Championship.

Saints/Vikings in the NFC Championship.
"The secret of being boring is to say everything."
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Taison Earbiter wrote:

Now there's a bold prediction! : )
Taison Earbiter
Gets Around
Gets Around

Winnow wrote:
Taison Earbiter wrote:

Now there's a bold prediction! : )
Bold predictions have not served me well this year sir! :)

If they had I would be going "neener neener! the seahawks won the the nfc west!" (I've determined they only didn't because of injuries! you'll never prove otherwise either!!)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Take a peek the Saints vs Buccaneers score. Not encouraging for your prediction!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The Bucs are a damn good football team, that's all that is.
Taison Earbiter
Gets Around
Gets Around

Winnow wrote:Take a peek the Saints vs Buccaneers score. Not encouraging for your prediction!
After today I don't know what to think, the NFC isn't all that great I guess. The only reason the Colts lost was for some reason they pulled their starters in the 3rd in a close game and basically gave the Jets a freebie.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Ug, the most likely scenario is the Cardinals Hosting the Packers for the first round of the playoffs. This sucks for both teams because the Cardinals play the Packers next week in the final game of the regular season. Both teams will be hiding most of their plays. It will look like a pre season game.

Unless the Vikings lose to the Bears tomorrow, I think both the Packers and Cardinals won't care much about the Week 17 game. Both will be worried about injuries and giving away game plans when it's almost a lock that the teams are going to play each other in back to back weeks and three times this year if you count the pre season. Even if the Cardinals got the #2 seed and a bye, the most likely scenario would have them playing Green Bay after the bye.
Last edited by Winnow on December 28, 2009, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow wrote:Ug, the most likely scenario is the Cardinals...
No one cares.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

They do care. Bubba cares. Fans of other teams want to know if/when they'll have a shot at the Cardinals whether they like or hate them.

No one cares about your one liners.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Cardinals still got a shot at #2 seed thanks to sucky Vikings!

Cowboys beat Eagles
Vikings lose again

and Cardinals are # 2 with a bye if they beat Packers.

Arizona will know form the morning game if they need to play hard or not as Vikings/Giants game is early. Vikings at home so they might actually pull out a win against a team as bad as the Giants. Never know. Farve late season collapse is well on its way.

Interesting that Cowboys/Eagles are going to play each other in the playoffs as are the Packers/Cardinals. Both also playing each other in week 17 although the Eagles/Cowboys are playing for the division and home field while Packer/Cardinals game most likely meaningless unless Vikings completely collapse at home.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bubba:

What's the word in Cheeseville? Are the Packers going to play hard the last game of the season or protect their key players and let the Cardinals win it? Give me the inside scoop!

It won't matter if the Vikings beat the Giants in the morning game.

Arizona screwed the Packers (or was it the Vikings?) several years ago in the final game of the season. Can't remember the circumstances but it involved the Vikings and Packers.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

I'm feeling Green Bay as a dark horse candidate for the NFC championship, maybe even the superbowl. If they play the Vikings, they will win. This could be their year to pull off an Arizona-esque post season!
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

there are 3 different scenarios of teams playing each other back to back: Arizona/Green Bay, Dallas/Philly, and NYJ/Cinci.

It's been a wacky year. I'll post my playoff predictions once we know all the seeds.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

If the Eagles beat the Cowboys it will be the best scenario for both teams. My problem is that if the Eagles lose to the Cowboys while revealing most of their good plays, then our playbook will have to be all new when we play them in the playoffs.

Eagles have to go all out this week, because even if Vikings win, Eagles will get their bye. If Eagles and Vikings lose, then Cowboys get the bye. So either of those situations have to happen for the Eagles to not play the Cowboys the following week.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Gonzoie - Luclin wrote:
Eagles have to go all out this week, because even if Vikings win, Eagles will get their bye. If Eagles and Vikings lose, then Cowboys get the bye. So either of those situations have to happen for the Eagles to not play the Cowboys the following week.
If Eagles and Vikings lose, the Cardinals get the BYE if they beat the Packers. If Eagles, Vikings AND Cardinals lose, the Cowboys may get the bye, haven't looked into it.

Gooooooo Cardinals!

Go Cowboys for this week only
Go Giants for this week only
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

I've been listening to the various scenarios here on what it would take for the Steelers to squeak in now and I'm confused all to hell. Some of it is regular "hope the Ravens die" and shit but the rest of the permutations make my head spin before I have my caffeine intake.

I'm kinda suprised by the hunt in the NFC this year: it doesn't look like the weak sister conference of the past decade or so. My pre-seasonal predictions look shot all to hell, so I think I'll follow Xyun's lead and make my picks once we know wtf is going on.

On a final note, I wanted to let you all know that Canelek is pregnant with Kyle Orton's love child :twisted: Sorry Canno, I think I'm supposed to cheer against your boys this weekend too.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Me wrote:AFC:

South: Indianapolis
North: Pittsburgh
East: New England
West: Chargers

Wild Cards: Baltimore and Houston

NFC:

South: Arizona
North: Green Bay
East: Philadelphia
West: Atlanta

Wild Cards: New York and Minnesota

Super Bowl: Pittsburgh over Philadelphia
My preseason picks. I'll give myself a C+. I got 8 of 12 playoff teams; wrong on New York (8-8), Atlanta (9-7), Houston (9-7) and Pittsburgh (9-7). Of course, I also picked Pittsburgh to win the Super Bowl and New Orleans nowhere in sight, so that's not so great.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

I missed about three teams per conference, but was fairly on the division winners, so B- for me I think. The Giants and Titans nosedives were the two things I did not expect. I give myself a pass on picking Miami and Pittsburg, because they got torpedoed early by key injuries. The less I talk about the bears the better....

The two teams I underestimated this season would have to be the Colts and Chargers. I know I picked SD to win their division, but I really did not anticipate them playing this strong late in the season. The Colts big run was suprising, given how diluted the talent around Peyton has gotten (if anyone beats out Favre's records and ability to polish the turds around him it will be Manning), but they won't make it past SD. Saints will still be one and done, in my estimation, since they either play Dallas or Philly in all likelyhood. Vikes will win their one game and be over after that, but not, ironically, because of Favre; Peterson and their defensive line are tanking big time down the stretch.

Oh yeah and let me channel Winnow and say that the Cardinals shitting the bed today was actually brilliant strategy, because no one underestimates opponents like Mike McCarthy and if there is anything more deflating than AZ's inconsistancy, its the Packers ability to come out after a big win and drop a big duece on the field the following week. I know Tampa Bay thanks them for that.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Xyun wrote:there are 3 different scenarios of teams playing each other back to back: Arizona/Green Bay, Dallas/Philly, and NYJ/Cinci.

It's been a wacky year. I'll post my playoff predictions once we know all the seeds.
I called it!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Hmm. My team still sucks, overall. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

They need to make the last game each year against the opposite conference. These back to back games are horrible. I was surprised to see the Eagles play so poorly, but it really seems like they ran their preseason book while the Cowboys went all out. I can understand it to a point, but to not go all out this game may hurt them in the end. I guess its better to prepare for the worst case scenario than to go all out that game and lose it and have to redo the playbook in 1 week.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Canelek wrote:Hmm. My team still sucks, overall. :)
Well they suck a little bit less this year.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Last I checked this year, Orton had a 97.4 QB rating in Denver. Cutler last year had an 86.0 rating with the exact same players.

Last year Denver was 8-8 under Cutler. This year they are 5-0.
Last I checked this year, Orton has a 86.8 QB rating in Denver. Cutler last year had an 86.0 rating with the exact same players.

Last year Denver was 8-8 under Cutler. This year they are 8-8.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Wulfran wrote:Superbowl - Steelers repeat over the Giants
OK that line says it all about my pre-season prognosticating :p

I did pick the Pats and the Chargers to win their divisions, but had Indy sneaking into a WC spot. I wasn't much better in the NFC, getting the Cards and the Vikings right and calling the Eagles and Saints as WCs. 7/12 playoff teams and 4 for 8 on division winners, I'm calling that a D.

Now instead of re-living my failures, I will break out my cracked crystal ball for Wildcard Weekend.
Last edited by Wulfran on January 4, 2010, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wulfran Moondancer
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

miir wrote:
Canelek wrote:Hmm. My team still sucks, overall. :)
Well they suck a little bit less this year.
That they sucked a little less should be encouraging with a new head coach and QB. Not to mention the picks they have available. Orton may not be a messiah as some believed Cutler was destined to be, but the Broncos are headed the right way.
Wulfran Moondancer
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow wrote:AFC

EAST Patriots
NORTH Ravens
SOUTH Texans
WEST Chargers

Wild Cards: Steelers. Colts

NFC

EAST Eagles
NORTH Packers
SOUTH Falcons
WEST Cardinals

Wild Cards: Giants, Vikings

AFC Championship: Patriots over Texans

NFC Championship: Packers over Cardinals

Super Bowl: Packers over Patriots
So so. Called the Ravens, was off on Texas and Pittsburgh being a wild card and of course, the Giants blow. With Wes Walker out, Patriots may not be as favored for the Super Bowl.

Even though the Cardinals were sandbagging the final game, I would have rather played any team in the first round besides the Packers. We don't match up well with them and they take away the home field advantage with the hordes of mid west people escaping the cold that come to Arizona.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Packers just have fans everywhere, like the Steelers and Broncos. Realistically, Kurt needs to find jesus again for this game. The Cards layed down a little too much yesterday. In practical terms, Woodson is probably hurt more than the team is letting on and McCarthy is notoriously bad at motivating the team after a major win, so its hardly out of reach for AZ. If I were AZ, I would be attacking the perimeters with the pass and punding the ball up the gut to set up the play action and bootleg. Defensively, I would send everyone including the water boy in after Rodgers, since this is his first playoff game and there is a lot of pressure for him to do well in his first playoff outing.

Realistically, I think the Packers have the edge in that game.

As for the rest of Wild Card Weekend,
Cowpokes over Eagles (again, a team that layed down too much)
Ravens over Pats
Jets over Bengals

Which would make my Division Round picks probably:
Vikes over Cowpokes
Packers over Saints
Chargers over Ravens
Colts over Jets

Then Conference champs being:
Chargers over Colts
Vikings over Packers

Superbowl being:
Chargers over Vikings

Dwight Eisenhower
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Meh. Passing defense was pretty good except when it counted. Run defense was abysmal for the last 10 games. Offensive line went to shit after Harris got injured....

Oh, and their best playmaker decided to quit before the season was over....he got his 100 catches and 1000+ yeards, then came up limping in practice, skipped a therapy session and pretty much called it a season so he could sign some lucrative contract with another team next year.

Of course, if the CBA doesn't get settled he will get fuckered. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Miir wrote:Last I checked this year, Orton has a 86.8 QB rating in Denver. Cutler last year had an 86.0 rating with the exact same players.

Last year Denver was 8-8 under Cutler. This year they are 8-8.
So... despite trading away their star quarterback, jettisoning their two-time Super Bowl winning coach in favor of a 33 year old offensive coordinator and gutting the roster of substantial talent, the Broncos finished in the exact same spot as last season while stockpiling a huge treasure trove of good draft picks and watching their former star quarterback implode in Chicago?

Damn, that's a good season!

Not quite sure what you're trying to prove with the constant Orton updates. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the argument from most of his defenders has been that he's the talent difference between Cutler and Orton is minimal enough to make it worth swapping them for a bunch of draft picks. I'm pretty sure that the closest that anyone on this board has gotten to effusive Orton praise is Kilmoll saying "Orton is a winner" or Aardor quoting a bunch of his stats. Both of which constitute pretty minimal gloating for having been so dramatically and counterintuitively correct.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Wow, you're getting pretty defensive there.

My post was just a crack at Kilmoll who painted Orton as Denver's messiah 5 games into the season...
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

And they were all basically giving me shit. :D And for a while there, Orton was looking quite impressive. It was their O-Line and running game that started to falter. That is what led to them leaning more on Orton. Teams dialed in on the short passing/screen game and forced Orton to be what he is not. The offense got far too predictable...can't have that in the NFL!
en kærlighed småkager
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

I don't think I ever said the trade wasn't in favor of the Broncos or even anything about the trade, but I got jumped on for saying Orton sucked. When I asked why, I got a pretty good reply from Canelek and some fan hardon reply from Aardor and then there was Kilmoll's out from left field he's jesus and I don't know shit about football reply (although Aardor said the exact same thing).

Oh, I also commented on how I didn't think the Denver D was going to hold up, but was told I was a fucking retard for thinking so.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Yeah it did get a bit silly there for a while man. :) I try to be as objective as I can (for being a fan). I thought aside from some left field posts by some, it was an interesting conversation.
en kærlighed småkager
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

miir wrote:My post was just a crack at Kilmoll who painted Orton as Denver's messiah 5 games into the season...
He said "Orton is a winner." The rest of his post was random ad hominem attacks and had pretty much nothing to do with Orton. Far cry from painting him as a messiah.

And sorry for the defensiveness, unintentional. It was just the second time I found myself responding to statistics that don't seem to support the argument I assumed you were making. Felt like responding to Winnow.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Sueven wrote:Felt like responding to Winnow.
Ouch. low blow.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

More on Cards DE Calais Campbell. He had a surgical procedure performed on his fractured left thumb and is wearing a cast that extends up his forearm.

5:45 pm The Cards suffered three significant injuries in a game where the emphasis was staying healthy. "That's unfortunate," Cards coach Ken Whisenhunt said in a brief response. "Hopefully we'll have guys step up and take their spots if they can't go."

5:35 pm Cards WR Anquan Boldin told The Arizona Republic he has a high left ankle sprain and a sprained left MCL that leave his status for Sunday's game in question. High ankle sprains are particularly difficult injuries to play through.

5:34 pm Cards G Deuce Lutui was limited in Wednesday's practice with a back problem that was not reported after Sunday's Packers game.

5:33 pm Cards CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (bruised knee) said he can run just fine, but backpedaling, lateral movement and cuts are all giving him significant problems. "I can't seem to get the knee loose," he said.
Not liking the news about Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Of the injured Cardinals, I consider him a must start if Arizona is going to have a chance vs the high powered passing game the Packers have.

High ankle sprain for Anquan doesn't sound promising either.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Too bad about Campbell. He had a pretty good year. I like the dude.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sueven wrote:Too bad about Campbell. He had a pretty good year. I like the dude.

He's going to play. He'll just have big cast on so may cause some issues. And yes, he's be outstanding. Smart player. He spoke to the special teams coordinator and gave some ideas and was able to block a few kicks due to the changes he suggested. Needs to wrap up more and he'll have more sacks.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and free safety Antrel Rolle practiced Thursday on a limited basis, an encouraging sign for the Cardinals who are battling significant injuries on defense.

Rodgers-Cromartie, who suffered a knee contusion last week, participated in a good portion of practice, coach Ken Whisenhunt said. DRC said "I was out there full speed and it felt good. It felt good to be out there flying around, to be back with these guys practicing and working toward something good."

Receiver Anquan Boldin remained out with a sprained knee and ankle. Boldin's status likely won't be known until Sundfay. Guard Deuce Lutui also missed practice with back spasms, but Whisenhunt expressed confidence that he would play.

Defensive end Calais Campbell practiced on a limited basis. He's wearing a cast to protect his fractured left thumb. "I definitely want to be out there but I just don't want to do anything to hurt the team," Campbell said. "The big thing is if I can still get a good push, lock out and get off blocks."
Good news about DRC. Need him! Rolle too.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Whisenhunt was name "Weeny of the Week" by one of our local radio stations (105.7 WAPL). Because of his whining about the Packers playing their starters into the third quarter in both the preseason and the game last week, he brought home the honors this week.

One of the Packers was on the radio and said that in the game last week it was intended that Rogers and the starters would play one series and then sit. They had no idea that the series would last over 9 minutes.

Should be an interesting game. Instead of an early Saturday game they get the late Sunday game.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

That game will go one of two ways:

a) McCarthy will not have properly motivated people and Woodsen will get tested early and often. Kurt finds Jesus and it takes McCarthy til midway through the third quarter to look up from his BLT sandwich to notice that Rodgers is getting creamed out there and adjust the blocking. Packers close the gap, but too late to matter. Cardinals win 30-26.

b) Jesus forsakes Kurt and Cardinals fail to show up for the game again. Packers pile on about 34 points (mostly through defense) before Cardinals notice the playoffs have started and pick up a couple TDs in garbage time. Packers win 34-17.

Either scenario is possible, but I think B is more likely at the moment. Either way, the game is going to be decided by how close to Jesus Kurt feels, since I think the actual main defense scheme the Cards run when they give a shit will prevent the track meet we saw last weekend. For me, it comes down to whether or not the Packer Defense gets a score and plays with a lead against Warner, which means how hurt is Woodson exactly? If I were Capers, I would be watching the TE passing game extremely closely, because thats where the Vikes and Steelers gutted him earlier this year.

Dwight Eisenhower