Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:So the Wii only comes with a composite cable...no S-Video or Component cables.

How d the Wii lovers out there feel about paying 60.00 for a component cable? Even an S-Video Cable is going to cost you 40.00.

Pure ripp off. $60.00 for a simple component cable? Holy fuck. Xbox 360 has mad catz or something..some third party that has component cable for 29.00...still a rip but in line with other consoles.

60.00 is crazy high. For anyone with a decent TV, tack that cost on. I'm surprised they didn't just go for 99.00.
I recently purchased a component cable for my Wii for $17.99. Of course it's not an official Nintendo licensed peripheral (oh nos there goes my warranty!) but as long as it works, which it seems to do, I don't care.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Post by Aslanna »

The upcoming addition of Zelda II The Adventure of Link on June 4 marks the 100th classic game available on the Wii Shop Channel. And since going online Nov. 19, owners of Nintendo's hot Wii video game system have downloaded more than 4.7 million classic games from Wii's Virtual Console, a rate of more than 1,000 games every hour since launch.
At $5 (US) minimum, that's $23.5 million for basically no development costs other than the VC implementation itself. Not bad for retro shit nobody cares about.

I still think $5 is a bit much for the NES stuff though. However, there will be non-retro stuff coming soon to the VC. I know there is the Impossible Mission remake (C64) coming to it for starters as well as a few others. I think I heard mention of original content as well.

--
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I don't know how I missed this thread for so long. The wireless/wired discussion was comical. For those of you that don't understand wireless gaming, which judging by the thread, is everyone but Miir. I laugh in your general direction. Media center hard-wiring I understand, but seriously... a game console? :roll:

If your crib is HUGE or if you just want to admit you don't know how to manage your own wireless network (like say... not having every device on the default channel), or say you're concerned about a lack of some security tech. on a console, you're forgiven, but if it's bandwidth that your concerned about, I laugh in your general direction.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Oh, I guess not the VC per-se but some sort of downloadable content ala XBox Live:
PALGN: So it will be coming to the Virtual Console?

MC: I wouldn't say Virtual Console, because they're not actually calling it the Virtual Console, but in the next few months there will be various announcements I'm sure made by Nintendo that will offer users a system that will be similar to that of what Microsoft is offering at present, which is the ability to download content, which you guys are able to do, but they've got to set up their various systems. Microsoft are years ahead of the other two major players in that regard. It really depends on when Nintendo are rolling out their strategy, which I expect will be within the next two months.

PALGN: Have you had any troubles getting the game online?

MC: At the moment we are focused on the retail launch and as and when Nintendo open up their services, what we've done is that we've made a commitment to try and make sure that the product is going to be one of the first products that can independently be brought away from the Virtual Console. At the moment, the Virtual Console as you know is based just on the NES, SNES, what we're actually offering is new downloadable content designed for Wii.
http://www.palgn.com.au/article.php?tit ... ew&id=7595

Interesting interview I thought since I love the C64. A bit of old mixed with the new! Looks like System 3 has the whole Epyx catalog to work with.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re:

Post by Aslanna »

Syenye wrote:my argument is that it can potentially alienate a lot of independent developers who don't have tens of millions of dollars to throw at graphics. but games like geometry wars have proven that you can have a good game without expensive graphics.
Speaking of Geometry Wars... It has made its way over to Wii. Seems interesting but I don't like the controls at all. The moving with the nunchuk is fine but the changing fire direction with the Wiimote is not. Supposedly it's much better with the Classic Controller. I don't have one of those so it would have been nice if had supported a Gamecube controller as well.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The Wii is getting a slight redesign and losing it's Gamecube compatibility (including controllers). Might want to buy one if that's important to you.
A new streamlined Wii console will be released in the UK before Christmas.

The Wii will be released as part of a new value bundle which comes with Wi Party and Wii Sports.

According to Nintendo, the console is a streamlined white Wii with a slightly altered configuration, which is designed to sit horizontally rather than vertically.

However, unlike the current Wii, it will no longer play GameCube games and isn't compatible with the controllers.
I would assume it will make its way to US too? Who knows!

Oh and to quote an earlier post:
*~*stragi*~* wrote:
Aslanna wrote:The older games do seem a bit expensive. Wonder how long it will before it's hacked so you can just use ROMs.
I doubt this is hackable and if it is nintendo will find a way to fuck your console considering its able to connect to the net even when its turned off.

And then you have a netless wii which is just as gimp imo
The answer to my question: It wasn't long! I'm assuming they wont repeat the same mistake they made with the Gamecube and Wii when they designed the Wii-U.

And a netless Wii is... pretty much the same as a non-netless Wii. Not a whole lot going on there. Although Nintendo didn't really do anything to screw up modded consoles.

--