Enter the Matrix deal

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Enter the Matrix deal

Post by kyoukan »

I was at my local EB today and they have a pretty fucking nice pre-order deal for Enter the Matrix.

It's coming out on May 15 (thursday, the day before Reloaded is out in theaters), for PS2, XBOX, Gamecube and PC. If you pre-order it with a $5 deposit you get $10 off the price tag and an additional $20 mail in rebate. You also get some exclusive DVD with a bunch of game related shit like a making of and a bunch of extras like all the Animatrix episodes and some stuff from the movie. So you basically get 30 bux off plus a DVD that might be entertaining.

I don't know a whole lot about the game but it looks like a 3D action/adventure type deal. The core of the game is made by Shiny (the guys that made messiah and sacrifice, MDK and earthworm jim), and it supposedly has over an hour of exclusive footage written and directed by the wachowski brothers. I'm not a total slut for the matrix but it looks like a pretty good deal for a brand new game.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I saw that today too. I think that G4 was running some of the "making of" footage yesterday as well. It actually looks like a sweet game depending on how the controls work.
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

alt.binaries.games.worms had a great deal on ETM

Personally I thought it sucked. Animation was choppy, acting seemed a little "stiff" and there apparently is a huge problem with the video as the only way I could get it to run was in 1600x1200, every other res got a Device Creation. Some awesome QA done on shiny's part there. Wasnt worth the 3gig footprint on my HD.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Is the PC version out all ready or are you complaining about the quality of a leaked beta version?
:)
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

It's been out on the ftps and newsgroups since Friday.

I'm buying the XBox version myself so I can play it on my flatscreen TV, so no downloading for me. I want to the get extra DVD and shit anyway. Plus I don't feel like installing 6 CD's worth of shit on my computer for a bunch of grainy compressed mpeg video cutscenes instead of sweet, sweet DVD video.
kurzweil
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by kurzweil »

so how is it?
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Fun game... Think Max Payne, gone kung fu.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

So far...

I don't like it at all.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I like it on Xbox and hate it on PC.

It's pretty fun. Nothing ground breaking, but the kung fu fighting is well done and the graphics are quite good. It's a good companion to the movie.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

this is definitely a console game - though a pc would have made the hacking part a billion times easier.

definitely a Max Payne/Dead to Rites type of shooter - as Kyou pointed out though, it runs parallel to the Reloaded movie - OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of back story, and OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of things lightly touched on in the film are fully fleshed out in the game. The whole game was directed at the same time as Reloaded/Revolutions, so is meant to be an integral part of the whole story line.

dial 001-949-555-0101 for a good time
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I'm probably going to buy this for console, the question is which console to buy it for? It looked like it was out for all 3, and I have all 3, anyone have any recommendations? I'm leaning toward xbox right now...
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Lexien
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lexien »

Xbox has better FPS i have the PS2 version and i liked it.

If that helps...
65 Deceiver
Fovol
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fovol »

It was definately fun for a couple hours, although near the end it started getting repetitive. All-in-all it's atleast worth a rent I'd say, if not just for the extra scences and background story.