Just got my CD's.. some questions.

All discussion moved to Video Game General Discussion
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Just got my CD's.. some questions.

Post by Akaran_D »

I'm rarely one to prefer stealth in a FPS tho I occasionally do tend to snipe. Because of this, I'm betting that I'm going to be leaning towards heavy weapons and heavy vehicles.

How hard is it to get set up with the certifications needed to opperate the bigger guns and heavy vehicles? Also, are there any certifications required to use Wall Turrets?

I'm going to go with the Terrans, for the hell of it... partly because I know too many of you would be happy to shoot me dead otherwise. :)

Also. What's the viability of fighting on the sidelines.. IE: off of the main battle, picking and choosing targets from the sides, stragglers, ect.. mostly solo or so?
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

I spent the first 2 days hanging out near the battle and just fraggin the stragglers. Was a good way to get a feel for the close quarter combat and I was at much less risk than the guys charging the cc. I think it was a good way to get a feel for the game with out the constant frustration of dieing from being right in the thick of things. There is a learning curve to the game but with in a few hours it should reduce dramatically.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Just got my CD's.. some questions.

Post by noel »

Akaran_D wrote:How hard is it to get set up with the certifications needed to opperate the bigger guns and heavy vehicles? Also, are there any certifications required to use Wall Turrets?
There are no certs required for ANY turret in the game. It's not hard to 'set up', but you might have to level up a bit to get all the vehicles/weapons you want to be certed in.
Also. What's the viability of fighting on the sidelines.. IE: off of the main battle, picking and choosing targets from the sides, stragglers, ect.. mostly solo or so?
You can do this, and I think it will be a viable tactic once exp is less of a concern, but being well out of the fight you won't share squad exp, so that could be bad. Flanking enemies, and then coming up behind picking them off one by one is a lot of fun. :D
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Very cool.
How balanced are the weapons, any particular thing that sucks an ass?
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Hmmm...

Each weapon has strengths and weaknesses. I personally don't like the rocket launcher or the thumper (grenade launcher), but I've used all of the rest, and I like them a lot.

As far as vehicles go, I think the lightning and basilisk are useless pieces of shit, but other than that, I think all the vehicles are pretty cool too. :)
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.