Apple - New Phone and Tablet

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Apple - New Phone and Tablet

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I have 3 bookcases full of books, and 2 others filled with DVDs (actually overflowing. I'm looking at other solutions). If I could press a button and have them all converted to digital formats and stored on a HD somewhere, I would do it in a heartbeat, despite my love of owning a physical copy. I'm a collector by nature, but I'm also a minimalist when it comes to home decor. Practicality always wins out for me in the long run. I'm already at the pure digital DL stage for PC gaming. I cannot imagine purchasing a physical copy of a PC game again. I would imagine the next generation of console games may go a similar route as well. I won't say I won't miss it, however, it's a worthy trade off to get rid of clutter, save tress, ect.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The Iphone is awesome but I'm far from an Apple fanboi. You can call me an iPhone fanboi for sure and I will relish it.

I've been researching netbooks-laptops, etc. I'll be getting something, just not sure what yet. Primary use for watching movies in bed or casual surfing until iPad arrives for that purpose.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

You are in denial.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If I was an Apple fanboi you'd see something similar to my Arizona Sports commentary.

I spend more time bitching about Apple products than praising them...except for the iPhone which is the greatest electronic device on earth!

PS, the Apple metal keyboard rocks (wired, full sized, blutooth mini sucks)

YOu might want to check my comments about OSX before saying Im a fanboi as well. Complete shit OS for serious work. Apple's iphone OS is great for portable computing.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Winnow wrote:If I was an Apple fanboi you'd see something similar to my Arizona Sports commentary.

I spend more time bitching about Apple products than praising them...except for the iPhone which is the greatest electronic device on earth!

PS, the Apple metal keyboard rocks (wired, full sized, blutooth mini sucks)

YOu might want to check my comments about OSX before saying Im a fanboi as well. Complete shit OS for serious work. Apple's iphone OS is great for portable computing.
How's the multitasking on the iphone?
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Psyloche wrote: How's the multitasking on the iphone?

Works great! I rarely have more than two apps open with the 3G but imagine you can do more on the 3GS with twice the memory. I keep Yahoo IM and my Stock App running during the day.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Just come out of the closet, you're not fooling anyone.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Winnow wrote:
Psyloche wrote: How's the multitasking on the iphone?

Works great! I rarely have more than two apps open with the 3G but imagine you can do more on the 3GS with twice the memory. I keep Yahoo IM and my Stock App running during the day.
I agree with AppleFanboi. ( =D )

I rarely even have to reboot the iPhone. I have a 3G as well and am quite impressed with its solidity as a somewhat early release product.
en kærlighed småkager
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Overall, the IPad is disappointing. Apple continues limit the capabilities of their devices in order to keep their users trapped into iTunes.

Another disappointing note is on the pricing of 3G models. I would like to have 3G available to turn on/off for vacations etc but the extra 130.00 is almost pure profit: (3G chip cost $7)

Keep in mind, Apple makes $208 on every $499 iPad sold.
iPad pricing for 3G models 'ridiculous,' says hardware guru

$130 surcharge for 3G capability may be subsidy for lowest-priced $499 models
Gregg Keizer

January 27, 2010 (Computerworld) Apple's pricing for the iPad is "ridiculous," a hardware expert said Wednesday, as he argued that the $130 price difference for models with 3G means buyers of those tablets subsidize the lowest-priced $499 model.

"The iPad is surprisingly cheaper than I expected," acknowledged Aaron Vronko, the chief executive of Michigan-based Rapid Repair, who last week made a slate of tablet predictions. "But the $130 difference [between models] is a little ridiculous. 3G chips run in the mid-single-digits. For $7, you can get a really good one."

Apple has priced the iPad in an unusually complex matrix of two basic models -- one with Wi-Fi 802.11n connectivity only, the other with both Wi-Fi and 3G -- available in three memory storage configurations of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. The Wi-Fi-plus-3G model of each is $130 more than the cost of the Wi-Fi-only iPad with the same amount of storage. In other words, while Apple will sell the Wi-Fi-only tablet in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models for $499, $599 and $699, respectively, the iPad with Wi-Fi and 3G will cost $629, $729 and $829.

"Six models? And with only one display size?" Vronko asked, clearly taken aback.

No wonder, since Apple typically trims the number of models in each line to a minimum. The iPhone 3GS, for example, comes in just two configurations -- 16GB and 32GB -- while the iMac is available in just two models for each of two screen sizes.

"The fact that they came out with this segmented pricing tells me one thing: that they had to work harder than they thought they would have to make a pricing constraint," Vronko said.

The $130 price difference and the multiple models led Vronko to conclude that Apple had underpriced the less-expensive Wi-Fi-only iPad to make the magic sub-$500 price point. He speculated that buyers of the more expensive 3G-equipped iPads will, in effect, subsidize the relative bargain for Wi-Fi-only customers.

"My guess is that the 3G price is where Apple wanted the price of the iPad to be, but they felt a lot of pressure to hit a pricing mark," Vronko added.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs alluded to just that during the iPad rollout earlier today. "When we set out to develop the iPad, we not only had specific technical goals and user interface goals, but an aggressive price goal, because we want to put this in the hands of a lot of people," Jobs said.

"Five hundred dollars is going to turn a lot of heads," Vronko said. "That's where a lot of people will pay attention. At $600, though, they may [pause and] say, 'Do I really need this?' "

Vronko also pointed to the small amount of flash RAM in the lowest-priced iPad -- just 16GB, the same as in the lowest-priced iPhone 3GS -- as another example of Apple's effort to slip under the $500 bar. "That's lower than what I expected," he said. "I'd call 32GB the minimum for most people, especially when you think about how much video 16GB will hold."

However, Van Baker, an analyst at Gartner, questioned whether the 3G models would sell in sufficient quantity to be a factor. "I think the iPad will sell extremely well, but most will be the Wi-Fi model," Baker said. "Some of the 3G models will sell, some people will pay the $130 just to have 3G if they want it later, but most usage models of the tablet are with Wi-Fi ... at home, in the coffee shop, in the classroom."

More importantly, Baker saw the iPad's $500 price as not merely a head-turner, but as Apple's stake in the netbook market -- something other analysts have long expected.

"Is the iPad a competitor to a netbook? Yeah, I think it is," said Baker. "Netbook makers should be looking over their shoulder after today. They don't have a lot of room to move, not with the Microsoft 'tariff,' " he said, referring to the added cost to OEMs for a Windows license.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Not appropriate for work...

MadTV iPad commercial from 2007:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcVkvxYCQOA
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

These Hitler things overdone but this one funny about the iPad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_EcybyLJS8
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well, you're half right.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

What I'm kind of shocked about is that they didn't tightly integrate it with the iphone.

iPhone network tethering - bam 3g instantly - connected with either wifi or bluetooth - will degrade battery life, boohoo
iPhone camera/video - you could even totally bite Microsoft's Surface, and make it so you can just drag and drop from your phone to your iPad, or just take the pictures/video straight to your iPad.
Contacts/phone, etc - again it has blue tooth - just use your iphone as a headset, or even better, allow a blue toothheadset to be used with your iPad.
Ability to 'dock' the 2 together, instead of having to go through the pc - lets say you want to transfer some browser favorites/music/video or whatever to your phone so you don't have to lug (I know it's small, but still) the iPad around.

Flash on both would be good, multi tasking would be good - they need to just improve battery technology I guess.
As far as long term reading goes - dedicated ebook readers are still the best way to go. The screen is easier on the eyes for long periods of reading, and the battery life is unrivaled as it is only used when changing a page. Once the ink is set after a page turn, it's in standby.

One of the cool things I see this being able to do however, is give a cheap/rough version of those insane graphics tablets that have screens on them ( http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/ for example). Display the photo on the pad, and pass through the touch screen input to your pc ala logitech's app ( http://www.logitech.com/touchmouse ), or some app i had on the jailbroken version a long time ago. Obviously you won't get the precision with your finger that you would with a stylus, but hey, if you zoom in close enough, the pixels get big!
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm looking forward to using the iPad with RDP Jaadu over wifi. Hoping I can stream video over it. Remote Desktop is cool on the iPhone but will rock on the larger iPad screen.

I'm also looking forward to using apps like the Photoshop tools app. I found using the iPhone to select tools/brushes etc while working in photoshop very useful. Bigger screen will again be beneficial for all remote type apps.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

I love gadgets but can honestly say I have 0 interest in this device. What's the point? And for the price? Seriously?

If this is really Steve Jobs "the most important thing I've ever done" moment, I pity him.

My prediction: This is going to tank.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Siji wrote:I love gadgets but can honestly say I have 0 interest in this device. What's the point? And for the price? Seriously?

It's not the greatest thing in the world but what do you mean, "what's the point?"

-Color E-Reader/text book formatted
-Movies on a screen large enough to enjoy them
-Full Page Magazines/Comics
-Larger Size web browser
-100K Apps plus new apps taking advantage of the screen size, all much easier to use/install than normal OS programs
-Extremely easy to use VNC or RDP, using a screensize that you can actually take advantage of these services
-No contract 3G internet access
-GPS on larger screen

There is definitely a point to the iPad, it just depends on if you want what it offers.

I have zero need for motorcycles. I wish the noisy piece of shit vehicles would all get run off the road, but does that mean no one has a use for motorcycles? They're useless. Can't carry much on them. Fucking bugs fly in your teeth...yet some people like that mode of transportation, even though cars are much better, offer more storage, features etc, yet still people ride those annoying things. Same with iPad. It's much less annoying and noisy than a motorcycle, yet all people don't feel like hauling around a notebook/laptop and prefer a simpler interface when they are traveling or focused on entertainment media at home yet still have a screen that's actually viewable in a relaxed state without your hand holding the device foot from your face.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

We're excited for customers to get their hands on this magical and revolutionary product and connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before
Who the fuck talks like that?
It's like he's talking to a pre-schoolers.

Magical... intimate... fun...

Creepy.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

So Pre-orders start March 12th and the iPads will be on sale in stores April 3rd.

I'm wondering if it would be worth it to pre order. I don't like to pre order stuff. Apple is usually pretty good about their supplies at launch. If there is an actual shortage, I'm thinking the 32GB version might be the model to order as most will either go for the cheapest model (16GB) or the most memory (64GB). I'm applying something along the lines of John Nash's Game Theory here.

I don't like lines and want immediate gratification. I plan on buying another one of the iPad thingies when the second generation comes out so either the 16gb or 32gb Wifi should suffice for now to hack around with.

PS. Apple Sucks
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

miir wrote:
We're excited for customers to get their hands on this magical and revolutionary product and connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before
Who the fuck talks like that?
It's like he's talking to a pre-schoolers.

Magical... intimate... fun...

Creepy.

Found the source...

en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

iPad pre order info:
Apple's iPad pre-sale begins Friday

Apple will accept orders, reservations for Jobs' 'magical' gizmo
Gregg Keizer

March 11, 2010 (Computerworld) Tomorrow's the first on-sale day for Apple's iPad, the tablet-styled device that CEO Steve Jobs has repeatedly called "magical" and "revolutionary."

You won't be able to get your hands on an iPad for another three weeks -- Apple has set April 3 as the ship date. But at least you'll finally be able to pre-order one.

What are the chances you'll actually have one on April 3 if you order tomorrow? What models can you buy now, get later? And which one ism really right for you?

Good questions, all. We have the answers to those, and more.

Exactly, what can I do tomorrow? You can pre-order an iPad at Apple's online store, or reserve an iPad at an Apple retail store.

You can't walk out of the store with one, or expect an iPad to show up at your door next week, though, so just calm down. Take a breath. Relax.

Do I have to go to the store in person to reserve one? No. Customers can reserve an iPad by dialing the local store as well as driving to it and showing up in person. Some stores said that people can also place orders online by visiting the specific store's Web site.

If I reserve an iPad at my local Apple store, am I guaranteed to get it on April 3? Stores we talked to were hesitant to commit to a guarantee, but company representatives said that Apple had allocated a "certain number of reservations" per store, and as with iPhone launches in the past, each store would likely stop taking iPad pre-orders when it reached that number.

"If you reserve one, there's a pretty good chance you'll get it on April 3," said one store rep on the telephone.

If I pre-order an iPad on the online store, when will I receive it? April 3? No. According to an Apple sales representative manning the company's toll-free line, Apple intends to ship the iPad on April 3, a Saturday. "You'll have to give it a least a day to arrive, maybe more," said the rep, who added that he didn't have any additional information beyond that. "The sooner you place your order, the closer to the head of the line you'll be," he said.

What models can I order starting tomorrow? Although you can pre-order any of the six models on Friday -- three with WiFi only, three with both WiFi and 3G -- only the WiFi-only devices will ship or be available for pick-up on April 3. Apple has not yet said when it will deliver the WiFi+3G models, but at the January launch of the device, CEO Steve Jobs said they would ship about a month after the WiFi-only iPad.

How much will I have to fork over? Anywhere from $499 to $829. The WiFi-only iPads are priced at $499, $599 and $699 for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB flash drive configurations, respectively.

The WiFi+3G models are priced $130 more, a fact that many have argued amounts to price gouging on the part of Apple. And don't forget you have to pay extra for a data plan if you want to use the 3G model on a 3G network.

What size flash drive should I get? 16GB, says Ezra Gottheil, analyst with Technology Business Research. "That's the one, for budget and psychological reasons, people will think, 'I can get a whole lot for $500,'" he said.

Although some may want to pop for the largest drive -- and pay $200 more for the additional 48GB -- Gottheil's betting that the $499 16GB model will be the biggest seller. "There's some evidence of that in the iPhone and iPod Touch lines," he said, referring to the popularity of the less-expensive models with lesser amounts of storage space.

"For $500, a lot will say the [16GB] iPad looks like a great thing," Gottheil concluded. "And the way that Apple works, many will be thinking, 'I'll want a different one in a couple years' anyway."

However, iSuppli, an El Segundo, Calif.-based market research firm known for its consumer electronics teardowns, has pegged the 32GB model as the "sweet spot" in Apple's profit margin chart, meaning that's the configuration Apple itself thinks will sell in the biggest numbers.

Should I wait for the WiFi+3G or grab the WiFi-only iPad now? Your call, of course. Just remember that atop the $130 surcharge for the hardware, you'll have to pay $15 per month minimum to AT&T for a data plan, $30 a monthfor an unlimited plan.

"If I were buying one, I'd be tempted," said Gottheil, of the 3G-equipped iPad. "The step up is big, and it means another data plan, but it makes the iPad more like the iPhone."

Even so, Gottheil and other analysts expect Apple to sell more WiFi-only iPads than the later models that also offer 3G connectivity.

Will there be a rush on the iPad? Some analysts think so.

One recent survey of American consumers, in fact, had 13% saying that they are likely to buy Apple's new gizmo in the next 90 days.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I'd like to use a 3G one at GenCon, other than that, no thanks.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Still not interested in the least. Looking forward to iPhone 4G though!
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:Still not interested in the least. Looking forward to iPhone 4G though!
Ill get both and probably 2nd gen iPad as well when it comes out. If I had to choose. I'd take the 4G any day but I want to hack around with the iPad and watch movies etc. I think it will do very well as an eBook reader and I have ZERO interest in the lame kindle, Barnes and Noble nook, etc. so having the iPad will be nice for reading comics as well which I realize, many don't care about but it looks like it will be excellent for that purpose.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Thanks for reserving your iPad.
Premiering April 3

When you come in to pick up your iPad, you'll be part of an exciting launch at the Apple Store. We'll have Specialists ready to help you set up your iPad, free workshops, and more. We can't wait to see you at the store.
Sincerely,
The Apple Retail Store team

Pickup Date and Time
April 3 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Please note that your reservation will be held only until 3 p.m. on April 3. After 3 p.m., iPad will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last.

Reserved Item(s)
1 iPad Wi-Fi 32GB
$599.00
Per above, I'm going to be a part of an exciting launch! Specialists will be available to help me hack my iPad.

I read somewhere that Apple is giving out a fee gift on launch day. I hope it's a stand or something else useful.
Apple announced this morning that businesses and individuals could pre-order no more than two iPads, which will be delivered for free on April 3, if Saturday delivery is available in their area. Others can reserve their iPads for in-store pickup if they want to be first on their block, but Apple will only ship enough iPads to each store to cover the number that are reserved for pickup at that store, so don't think you can just walk in and buy one on the 3rd. Rumors of supply problems with the iPad have been going around over the past few weeks, and even though both manufacturers and Apple themselves have denied the claim, the 2-per-person limit and the restriction of the launch to the US only raise questions.
I want one and don't want some sort of Wii shortage faginess making me wait so glad I reserved as it looks like you won't be getting one if you walk into a store on the 3rd.

Some new info regarding ebook section and iPad section in iTunes and some other stuff:

http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/

This is a nice hands on demo video (besides the annoying guy asking questions) of some of the basic features of the iPad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JPTaoDwOz4

watch in 480p if you have the option. I'm impressed by the speed of the iPad. It certainly doesn't look underpowered.

Who's with me!?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I can see its usefulness while on the crapper. "Watch shit while you shit!"

Have fun at the exciting launch! Nothing says "WOWWIE!" like going to a McStore!
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I got a laugh out of their battery replacement 'guarantee'.
If your iPad's iBattery stops holding it's iCharge, send it back to Apple with $100 and they'll send you an iRefurb.

And make sure you back up your shit on to a real computer because they sure as shit aint gonna do it.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

So Winnow, as I see in your post you're planning on flushing a bunch of money away? Cool, I finished my basement, so I guess I did the same.
- Ash
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Is this going to be as bad as the douchebags that kept their iPhones out, playing with them constantly, for the first year after they came out? Or will it be worse?

Full disclosure: I'm a Blackberry douchebag, but not that bad.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sylvus wrote:Is this going to be as bad as the douchebags that kept their iPhones out, playing with them constantly, for the first year after they came out? Or will it be worse?

I hope not. I don't plan to leave my home with it. It's strictly for bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room couch use.

As for iPhone, mine's got a very generic black case so I don't think anyone can tell what it is unless they were looking down from above me. I do walk around constantly looking down at my screen, viewing updates on news, stocks, etc. I haven't run into anyone yet while doing this.

BTW, there's a video of some guy typing 81 words per minute on the iPhone. Pretty damn fast. I clock in at probably 10 WPM with errors. I'll have to track that vid down.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

I stand by my prediction. There'll be the initial surge, and then there'll be the surge when the price plummets. Other than that, fail.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Siji wrote:I stand by my prediction. There'll be the initial surge, and then there'll be the surge when the price plummets. Other than that, fail.
I'll take the exact opposite stance and say these tablets will be extremely popular within a years time. On April 3, 2011, we'll revisit this thread. Mark the date on your iphone's calendar!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Sylvus wrote:Is this going to be as bad as the douchebags that kept their iPhones out, playing with them constantly, for the first year after they came out? Or will it be worse?

The iChodes are going to be super annoying for months after the pad hits the streets. Its fainbois will be swarming to be seen with their gadget at every hotspot on the planet.

Even though it's really funny, I'm going to cut Winnow some slack on his Apple compulsion. My fanboi-ism isn't remotely up to his level, but after having an Android phone (HTC Hero w/ Google) for a couple of weeks now, I could see myself being very interested in an Android-based tablet as they come to market in the near future. My initial, mild interest in the iPad has passed, though, and I don't see one in my future.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nexus One is offered for AT&T now.

While I don't need another phone, I'm thinking of buying a Nexus One (AT&T version) for 529.00 just to use it for WiFi and the apps. Since no contract, it can be a back up that I could activate if need another phone or something. I'm more interested in the Apps for fun. It would be nice to have both main App producing, cracked platforms to mess around with.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Winnow wrote:I hope not. I don't plan to leave my home with it. It's strictly for bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room couch use.
So smartphones, and now tablets, have completely revolutionized how you poop?

Just give me an iPhone for Verizon (CDMA network protocol plskthx) and I'll be happy.
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Zack Brown: Dude, with your cut of the profits, you're gonna get two flat screens. OK? You'll have one in your living room. You'll have one in your bathroom!
Delaney: One in the bathroom? You know, it's always been my dream to watch shit while I shit.
Zack Brown: Everyone with an ass loves to watch shit while they shit! I'm gonna make that happen for you, man.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I plan on getting waterproof case and using the iPad in the shower!
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Dumb name, but this look like nice potential competition to the iPad:

http://hothardware.com/News/Neofonie-We ... ad-Killer/
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I went through tons of WePads while house training my last dog... They need to come up with a better name for these than xPads. This one looks to be pretty slick, though. Exactly the sort of device I was thinking of in my last post in the thread.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Orders placed from today on are no longer being guaranteed an April 3rd delivery. Why? Apple is rapidly depleting their supply of iPads. Sources close to the situation have indicated that the initial supply for the April 3rd launch has been thoroughly decimated as customer demand has apparently outpaced the available supply.

This morning, Apple posted updated website content indicating that new orders for all three models of the WiFi-only iPad models will be pushed back to April 12th. While the customers who first pre-ordered their iPad only have another week to wait for delivery, anyone who decides this weekend to go through with a purchase will now have another three weeks to wait.
Can you feel the excitement??!??
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

woo hoo!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

solution to iPad supply shortage?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Pfft. That's just 4 iPad-Minis taped together!
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Im now trying to decide what to wear to the Apple store on Saturday. So far, I'm going with a Window ME t-shirt!

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Nice.

I would have suggested your "I <3 CockApple" T-Shirt, but the Microsoft one works too.

They going to have some sort of strap to carry that fucker around with?
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:Nice.

I would have suggested your "I <3 CockApple" T-Shirt, but the Microsoft one works too.

They going to have some sort of strap to carry that fucker around with?
hehe, there was an article about man purses becoming popular due to this thing.

Some more important rumor news:
Daring Fireball builds on the WSJ iPhone 4 rumors earlier today by dumping what they know: An almost iPad-level 940 x 640 resolution display, an iPad-esque A4 CPU and a front facing camera. AND, multitasking in iPhone OS 4.
940x640 would rock if that's what it ends up being with iPhone 4. (keep in mind, high pixel density would keep the size of the phone reasonable) According to the nerds, the guy that's making these predictions has been very accurate with past iPhone predictions. I'm most interested in the speed and extra screen size. That's larger than the Nexus one or recently announced Evo HD.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Ohhh, that would be a nice resolution. Hopefully, the iPhone's xy dimensions stay the same. I have heard that the device will be thinner though.

And yes, I will be all over iPhone 4.0 when it is released, unless it is missing several features. In that case, I will wait for the 4S, or whatever version finally adds what was missing.
en kærlighed småkager