Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

USB Headset

Post by Funkmasterr »

So,
After picking up MAG for the PS3 I am finally starting to get really tired of not having a headset for chat on my PS3. Well, I have one but you can't mute it which makes it pretty much worthless for me.

I was looking at bluetooth so that I could use it for my cell phone as well, but I would also like to be able to use it for when I'm watching movies, and I think that's more important than the cell phone part.

Here's what I'm looking for:
-Over the head style
-USB, they can be wireless, as long as they have a USB connector that can charge while in use.
-Good sound quality. I'm not looking for a OMFG THIS IS THE BEST SOUND EVAR, but I want it to be decent if I'm watching a movie.
-Long cord. The few I've found seem to have about a 6' cord, which is too short. Not sure why you would make anything with a cord that short, tbh. I would want the cord to be at least 10'.
-Needs a mic as well as I intend on it's primary use being for chat as described above.

Now I realize I'm being a bit picky so I'm not expecting to find something for 20 dollars, but I'd rather not spend 300 on a headset either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm having trouble finding something that has been reviewed well and fits what I'm looking for.

Edit: Also, if I'm better off just buying a bluetooth for gaming and getting a separate corded stereo USB headset with no mic for watching movies - I'm open that that suggestion.. I'd just like to combine the two if possible.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: USB Headset

Post by miir »

Turtle Beach P21
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

That's what I bought. Reviews kinda place it in the middle of the road and a frequent complaint is hiss. I honestly didn't notice that during games but it could bug some people if it's there. And during movies if it is noticeable it would be annoying. The second complaint seems to be the price which is $80. Anyway, not certain on cable length but I believe it's 16 feet.

I'd say buy from a local place like Best Buy so you can try it out. If you don't like it can always take it back.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah the price doesn't bug me, but I'll have to test it out to see how it is with movies. Thanks for the advice, I'll probably see if they have a display unit at Best Buy I can test out otherwise like you said, I can always return/exchange.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

The cable is really fucking long.. 16 or 20 feet.
I can actually reach my fridge without having to take them off.

I like that it's one of the few headsets that you can hear both the game audio and chat audio. Any Bluetooth option will just pipe the chat audio to your earpiece.

The headset is light, the mic is very good and to be honest, I haven't noticed any hiss when playing games.
I paid $90 cdn for it and I feel it was money well spent.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
I'd say buy from a local place like Best Buy so you can try it out. If you don't like it can always take it back.
eww earwax!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Aslanna wrote:
eww earwax!
It's a headset not earbuds omg

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I bought an MS LX 3000 headset a couple weeks ago, pretty happy so far. Sound is pretty good and the mike works well.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=8216517
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aabidano wrote:I bought an MS LX 3000 headset a couple weeks ago, pretty happy so far. Sound is pretty good and the mike works well.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=8216517
Seems people have issues with accidentally bumping the mute button on this one. Have you ran into that issue? Could be a deal breaker for me, as when I'm yelling obscenities about someones mother I want to be sure they hear every word of it.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I have that for my PC, never tried it with the PS3 as I assumed it would only do the chat audio channel through the headphones. It blocks out way too much external sound.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

miir wrote:I have that for my PC, never tried it with the PS3 as I assumed it would only do the chat audio channel through the headphones. It blocks out way too much external sound.
It (P21) does both. I assume you can just do chat though if you really wanted. Or were you referring to the MS LX 3000?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Aslanna wrote:Or were you referring to the MS LX 3000?
Yes.

I have the P21 for the PS3.
I got it specifically because it does both game and chat audio through the headset.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:
Aslanna wrote:
eww earwax!
It's a headset not earbuds omg

still , some skin flakes, etc will gt on the headphones. I'm not bitching about returning, I just wouldn't buy a returned headset.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Funkmasterr wrote:Seems people have issues with accidentally bumping the mute button on this one. Have you ran into that issue?
I haven't. I could see it if you were playing from a lazy boy or something like that but it'd be easy to avoid.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."