The Official PS3 thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official PS3 thread!

Post by Winnow »

Survey finds Xbox 360 is played five times as often as Wii,five times more likely to fail than PS3
http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/18/surv ... -wii-five/
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I don't really understand the BC issue... If I wanted to play PS2 games, I'd buy a PS2.
In the past year, there's been a few 'must have' releases for the PS2.
SMT Persona 4 and SMT Devil Summoner 2 are two of the best RPGs that have been released in the past year and they are only available on the PS2. Also, AR Tonelico 2 and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus are two others that I will definitely pick up if/when backwards compatibility is given to the PS3.

I still have my PS2 but I already have too much stuff cluttering up my living room to even think about hooking up another console (and the associated paraphenalia) to my TV.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

miir wrote:
I don't really understand the BC issue... If I wanted to play PS2 games, I'd buy a PS2.
I still have my PS2 but I already have too much stuff cluttering up my living room to even think about hooking up another console (and the associated paraphenalia) to my TV.
Your tidiness and laziness are not good enough reasons. The emulation would never be good enough to please people anyways. Where is the incentive to Sony? There isn't any.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I threw away my perfectly working hacked xbox and ps2 to reduce clutter. Hopefully some trash diver got them along with a pile of other electronics at the landfill.

Graphics are too dated. Even FFXII looks bad.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Fash wrote:
miir wrote:
Your tidiness and laziness are not good enough reasons. The emulation would never be good enough to please people anyways. Where is the incentive to Sony? There isn't any.
Seriously? You're an idiot. The 360 emulates xbox games perfectly fine, so much so that I would never play an xbox game on the original xbox. Oh, and the Wii emulates game cube games perfectly fine also.

I made this post regarding Sony's awful job of emulation almost 2 years ago. Glad to see they have made 0 progress: http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/view ... 94#p377594
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

I always assumed the 360 had the original xbox hardware in it, as did the original ps3. Misinformed perhaps, but that's not quite crossing the line to 'idiotic.'

Asshole.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Aardor wrote:Seriously? You're an idiot. The 360 emulates xbox games perfectly fine, so much so that I would never play an xbox game on the original xbox. Oh, and the Wii emulates game cube games perfectly fine also.4
Not every one? Or is this all of them? I never had an xbox so I don't know. Does the Arcade version let you play xbox games? On the box chart that's not listed as one of the features while is does for the Pro and Elite. But I'm not sure of that's just because the Arcade didn't come with a hard drive.

Having said that.. I personally wouldn't care about PS2 ability in a PS3 unless it was via hardware. I'd rather just get a PS2. They are cheap! And still being made. Which isn't the case with the original xbox so you don't really have a choice.

And seriously, the Wii is a Gamecube. So... That sorta makes sense. I don't really think there is any 'software emulation' taking place there. But I could be wrong.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Better options for Blu Ray for those with movie watching in mind:

Skip the PS3 Slim and get one of these Blu-ray laptops
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

At 500 bucks I never gave PS3 a second glance. At 300, with reduced power consumption, I'll be buying on on release day, which sounds like it'll be this week. Guess it's time to start going blu-ray.

Best part is I get to pretend it's launch day, since I never paid any attention to it before. LBP, MGS4, Uncharted, and Valk Chronicles (off the top of my head) make for a pretty good launch lineup!
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Niffoni wrote:At 500 bucks I never gave PS3 a second glance. At 300, with reduced power consumption, I'll be buying on on release day, which sounds like it'll be this week. Guess it's time to start going blu-ray.

Best part is I get to pretend it's launch day, since I never paid any attention to it before. LBP, MGS4, Uncharted, and Valk Chronicles (off the top of my head) make for a pretty good launch lineup!
Haha. Yeah you have some good games to look forward to. Uncharted is actually one of my favorite games of all time, I took the time to get the platinum trophy for it because I didn't get bored of the game, really excited for the second one to come out in October.
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

Picked up the slim today. Obviously the hype about pre-orders didn't cause line-ups around the Best Buy or Futureshop, since both had 4 or 5 on the floor on my way home from work.

For those who don't have a PS3 but have a PS2 slim and are expecting something similar, dream on. It's still damn near the size of a VCR, and has some heft to it. Not cumbersome though, just bigger than I'd expected after owning a PS2slim for so long. Looks slick, and less like it could cook hamburgers. It's also whisper-quiet. I had no idea it'd be so silent, to be honest.

In a final bit of good news, in case you didn't already know, Uncharted and MGS4 are Greatest Hits now, and retail for $30, which was a nice surprise. Picking both up next month. Til then, playing Flower, and gonna rent some blu-rays.

My love-hate thing with Sony continues for another generation...
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Saw plenty of PS3 Slims on the shelves today at Fry's during lunch...don't all rush out to buy one at once!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Got myself a PS3 slim this evening. It's a nice looking system but I need to go look for some cheap HDMI cables tomorrow.

I played the Killzone 2 demo however I'm going to have to get used to the controller. After the demo ended my hands were getting numb and tingly. Hopefully this isn't going to be a problem.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote: I played the Killzone 2 demo however I'm going to have to get used to the controller. After the demo ended my hands were getting numb and tingly. Hopefully this isn't going to be a problem.
See my numerous posts about the PS3's controller sucking. 360's is much much better. Wait till you have to use the lame triggers on the PS3 controller. The Xbox controller evolved while the PS3 uses the same last gen crappy design while tacking on some half assed triggers.

Triggers that curve out = way the fuck better than little micro curved in triggers.
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Jarori Bloodletter »

Picked up my ps3 120gb tonight, I am really impressed so far.

$299 aint bad.
Eq1
Jarori Bloodletter (retired)
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Here are my thoughts on the system after a weekend of use. I'm going to go into some comparisons with the 360 in some sections but I'll try to be as objective as possible (and ignore 3+ years of my own personal fanboyism).

The Good:
Hardware-wise, the PS3 is a solid system imo. Incorporating Blu-Ray and Wi-Fi are really nice features that are huge plusses for the think. The system is slick. I love that it changes resolutions on the fly to accommodate the TV (1080i for the XMB, 720 for games, I don't have a 1080p set) so the TV is always displaying its best. It also does fantastic up converting of DVD's. It tested a few DVD movies and they looked great at 1080i. We watched Role Models on Blu-Ray on Saturday and it looked great in HD, no complaints there.

I was also very surprised that I could stream the Recorded TV from Windows Media Center 7 on the PS3 (MR-DVR format). That was completely unexpected. While it isn't better than having the Media Center Extender, if my 360 ever goes into the shop for repairs, I won't be completely fucked, which is a good thing.

I'm getting used to the controller and it no longer hurts when I use it so that's a plus. I must've been gripping the thing wrong originally. I got to use the Sixaxis functionality in the Ratchet demo and that was pretty cool.

The Bad:
The software and the XMB are where things start to break down for me a bit. Coming from the 360, I can't help but feel that the overall experience had a lot of visible seams compared to the Xbox Dashboard. (I'm only going to talk about Firmware 3.0 since that's the only one I've had experience with).

The Xbox does community and integration with Xbox Live service a lot better than Sony does. The service is extremely well integrated in the console with the edges between there the console ends and the service begins completely invisible. Every time you login to Xbox Live, there's something new up there. Be it new Inside Xbox segments, some new marketplace content in the spotlight etc, everything is really seamless. On the PS3 side, things seem very compartmentalized. The Store, Home, Live with Playstation etc etc are all very discreet sections of the dashboard each with a different user interface and set of controls. In my mind this makes for a very disjointed experience and something that's just not as fun to navigate.

The "I haven't used it enough to form an opinion yet":
The friends list seem quite functional when looking at friend details and comparing trophies. I haven't tried inviting people to any type of multi-player game play yet so I'll withhold my judgment on that. I played LBP story mode online yesterday and people were dropping in and out of my game pretty seamlessly. It was pretty awesome actually and my 5 year old got a real kick out of seeing all those Sack people on the screen. The PSN seems pretty solid for matchmaking.

I need to get something like Killzone 2 or Fat Princess to really put it through its paces. I also need to hook up my Bluetooth headset to it. Team Game play without communication is a real bitch. Overall: Overall, I like the system. I don't love it but I like it. I was on the fence about either keeping or returning it to the store but after this weekend, I think I like it enough that I want to keep it around.

The 360 is still going to be my go to platform for most games however some games that are SP only, where the PS3 had a graphical advantage/additional features or would benefit from the PS3 (Final Fantasy XIII on 1 disk for example) would definitely consider buying for this platform.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Animal

I use Btooth Hset too, lemme know if you up for some KZ 2 or Fat P!

PSN: KWONRYU
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Figured I'd stir the hornets nest a bit, not that it needs it.
Game Informer wrote:Last month was not a good month for the Wii. The sales of Nintendo's market juggernaut slipped a whopping 39 percent since this month last year. The sudden ailing sales of the console comes shortly after Microsoft and Sony dramatically slashed their systems. Is this a temporary slump for Nintendo? Analysts don't think so.

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter, never too timid to share his
opinion, says, "With the core PS3 and Xbox 360 models priced only USD 50 higher than the Wii, we expect year-over-year sales of Wii hardware to continue their annual declines until the company either changes its bundle or lowers price ... Wii unit sales are 50 percent below last year’s level over the last five months, and we think that September sales will repeat the pattern."

Has the Wii reached full market saturation? Has everyone who intended on buying the motion control system already purchased one? It looks like it's Nintendo's turn to issue a price cut. Pachter suggests the Wii is now suffering from the same "price fatigue" that afflicted Microsoft and Sony prior to their price reductions. But will a $50 cut be enough to reclaim Nintendo's former glory?
Game Informer Article
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Well the Wii is just a fad, afterall...

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:Well the Wii is just a fad, afterall...
Well duh, haven't we established that?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The Wii is something you buy your kids to keep them busy while you play with the adult toys!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Michael Pachter has an extremely shitty track record. His opinion means less to me than virtually anyone else in the industry. He's wrong around 80% of the time. We have better opinions and predictions posted on this board 10x over.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Steering this thread semi off-topic for a moment..

I'm playing Uncharted 1 at the moment and I'm amazed how accurate the Dude Raider moniker was. Seriously this is Tomb Raider with a pain job and a penis.

I'm partway through the game right now (Chapter 10) and haven't hit the "twist" (I know what it is but won't spoil it), but up till now my feeling is that while this is a great game, Tomb Raider Legend did this type of game slightly better.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:Steering this thread semi off-topic for a moment..

I'm playing Uncharted 1 at the moment and I'm amazed how accurate the Dude Raider moniker was. Seriously this is Tomb Raider with a pain job and a penis.

I'm partway through the game right now (Chapter 10) and haven't hit the "twist" (I know what it is but won't spoil it), but up till now my feeling is that while this is a great game, Tomb Raider Legend did this type of game slightly better.
I couldn't disagree more :/ I have never been able to stomach more than about 30 minutes of any of these types of games in the past (Tomb Raider, etc). Not only did I finish Uncharted but I played through it like 3 or 4 times to get the platinum trophy.

I couldn't really put my finger on exactly why I liked this game so much, but I had more fun playing this game than I've had playing any other console game for a long time.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

In these parts you can turn in your ol PS3 and two games to get the new PS3 slim.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:In these parts you can turn in your ol PS3 and two games to get the new PS3 slim.
That sounds like a terrible deal.

The only advantage of the slim is the larger hard drive. Is the trade-in credit for two games really worth an extra 45-65 gigs?
Hard drives are dirt cheap these days... you can upgrade the drive in your fat PS3 to 250 gigs for less than $50
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

After now having held a PS3 controller.. And comparing it to the PS2.. I definitely don't like the newer one. The bottom triggers are slippy and there's nothing to stop your fingers from going right off. All they had to do was add the extra bit of plastic that the Dualshock 2s have and they'd be fine. Either that or don't let them be pushed in so far. So in this contest I give the nod to the 360 controllers. They just feel more comfortable. Next!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:After now having held a PS3 controller.. And comparing it to the PS2.. I definitely don't like the newer one. The bottom triggers are slippy and there's nothing to stop your fingers from going right off. All they had to do was add the extra bit of plastic that the Dualshock 2s have and they'd be fine. Either that or don't let them be pushed in so far. So in this contest I give the nod to the 360 controllers. They just feel more comfortable. Next!

Confirms exactly what I've been saying. The controller blows but the triggers in particular are horrible. Complete suckage. 360's triggers are perfect. WTF would you make short little triggers curve in, making it even more difficult and uncomfortable to use them? So lame.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Are you guys using your index on the R1/L1 and the middle finger for the triggers? I've been using the DS3 almost exclusively for the last 2-3 weeks now and I've never once had the R2/L2 slip out from under them.

If anything I'm noticing how much I like the width of the triggers on the DS3. How they cover the full contact area of the finger instead of being a plastic wedge against it.

As far as the rest of the hand goes however, it's xbox controller all the way.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:Are you guys using your index on the R1/L1 and the middle finger for the triggers? I've been using the DS3 almost exclusively for the last 2-3 weeks now and I've never once had the R2/L2 slip out from under them.

If anything I'm noticing how much I like the width of the triggers on the DS3. How they cover the full contact area of the finger instead of being a plastic wedge against it.

As far as the rest of the hand goes however, it's xbox controller all the way.
Yes.
I don't like the triggers on the PS3 controller at all, I don't ever feel like I've got a good grip on them and find myself re positioning all the time, and have the issue of my fingers slipping from time to time.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I didn't actually play anything since I don't have any PS3 games yet and honestly don't even have time to hook it up even if I did.. I just held it in my hands and pushed the buttons to see how it felt. Then compared that to the 360 controller. The bottom triggers immediately stood out to me as bad design.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:I didn't actually play anything since I don't have any PS3 games yet and honestly don't even have time to hook it up even if I did.. I just held it in my hands and pushed the buttons to see how it felt. Then compared that to the 360 controller. The bottom triggers immediately stood out to me as bad design.
Yeah, the front ones (L1, R1) aren't as much the problem, it's the back ones. They really did a poor job on the design there. It doesn't totally wreck things for me like Winnow says, but it definitely can detract from enjoyment when playing, especially for prolonged periods of time.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I really dislike Sony's Portable ID system..

Seriously.. I shouldn't need to go to a website and go click a button to tell their system that I've gained new trophies and to please update my little picture.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Borderlands
Modern Warfare 2
Tekken 6
Smackdown 2010
Dragon Age Origami
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:I'm playing Uncharted 1 at the moment and I'm amazed how accurate the Dude Raider moniker was. Seriously this is Tomb Raider with a pain job and a penis.

I'm on Chapter 5 and finding it a bit of a bore really. "Oh look more bad guys"... "Oh look more ledges to climb and jump".. /yawn

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Aslana - The game gets more interesting as the story fleshes out. The gmae does get combat heavy near the end of the thing but there are also some really good platforming thrown in there as well.

I don't regret playing it through all the way.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Animalor wrote:I'm playing Uncharted 1 at the moment and I'm amazed how accurate the Dude Raider moniker was. Seriously this is Tomb Raider with a pain job and a penis.

I'm on Chapter 5 and finding it a bit of a bore really. "Oh look more bad guys"... "Oh look more ledges to climb and jump".. /yawn
Huh.. I found both the first and second game to be about 1000000 better than most games that people rave about on the site here. It has adventure, good shooting mechanic, good platforming mechanic, puzzles, a good storyline, good character voice acting, and witty/funny lines. I can't think of many other games that do all those things right.

That said the second one is a lot better at all those things than the first game, plus the multiplayer is kick ass (I know you don't do much of that but it's worth mentioning.)
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I skipped Bruytal Metal which i was going to get originally for Borderlands instead and dont regret it!

Later this month ill get

Tekken 6
Modern Warfare 2
Dragon Age Origami
Smackdown 2010

Some good games coming out on PS3 these days!

Better than the age of "Untold Legends" lol
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Tekken 6 looks great and the WWE game has some sweet new features.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Netflix coming to the PS3 next month. The upshot on this platform is that you don't need to be a premium member since there is no tier'ed memberships.

Also means shit for me here in Canada. =/

http://kotaku.com/5389731/playstation-3 ... next-month
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Huh.. I found both the first and second game to be about 1000000 better than most games that people rave about on the site here. It has adventure, good shooting mechanic, good platforming mechanic, puzzles, a good storyline, good character voice acting, and witty/funny lines. I can't think of many other games that do all those things right.

That said the second one is a lot better at all those things than the first game, plus the multiplayer is kick ass (I know you don't do much of that but it's worth mentioning.)
I finished it.. But wasn't really "wowed" by the experience. Still deciding if I'm going to bother with the rewards stuff. And the 'twist' really turned me off. We've seen it before.. Quite unoriginal and totally expected.

--
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tekken 6 next, then Modern Warfare 2 and Dragon Age.

But i am considering if Dragon Age is better on PC?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Those who bought the Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition for PS3 cannot access the bonus soundtrack. The disc is Blu-Ray and the music's mp3, so a PC won't play the former and the PS3 is unable to see the latter.
Let me clarify: A PS3 won't access the mp3 files from a Blu-Ray disc. PS3s absolutely will play mp3s, just not from a Blu-Ray.
Whaaat? What an odd design decision. So if you burn a bunch of MP3s to a Blu-Ray disc you can't play them (at least with a PS3)? That's why you don't let Sony win a format war...

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Got the Netflix disc in the mail. Works great. Of course, there really wasn't much that I wanted to see! Seems far better to use your computer to queue up some movies so you do not have to scroll through them all via the PS3. Still, a nice feature for free (with Netflix sub). I liken it to having another set of 'On Demand' cable service. Once this is incorporated into the system (they are, right??) it will be more useful, as I do not like having to put the disc in every time! :)
en kærlighed småkager
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I have netflix on the 360 and PS3. I just set up my instant list on the website, then it is easy to just go to your list scroll through and watch.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

I really like how the blu ray live disc got around the exclusive deal Microsoft had with Netflix.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

After having played more than a handful of PS3 titles I have to ask... Is Sony never going to add an Install Game to Hard Drive option like the 360 has? I really hate all the disc accessing that takes place plus load times would be a bit quicker. I guess they want it to wear out faster so you'll have to buy a whole new unit.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:After having played more than a handful of PS3 titles I have to ask... Is Sony never going to add an Install Game to Hard Drive option like the 360 has? I really hate all the disc accessing that takes place plus load times would be a bit quicker. I guess they want it to wear out faster so you'll have to buy a whole new unit.
Yeah, I was looking for that option too. Too bad. What's worse is that a handful of games actually support it? Sony needs to set some fucking standards...
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:
Animalor wrote:Steering this thread semi off-topic for a moment..

I couldn't disagree more :/ I have never been able to stomach more than about 30 minutes of any of these types of games in the past (Tomb Raider, etc). Not only did I finish Uncharted but I played through it like 3 or 4 times to get the platinum trophy.

I couldn't really put my finger on exactly why I liked this game so much, but I had more fun playing this game than I've had playing any other console game for a long time.
I'm on chapter 15 of the first Uncharted and it is exactely like Tomb Raider! I've played 4 or 5 Tomb Raider games and this follows the formula to a fucking T! I'm actually saying to my wife "goddamn this is the best Tomb Raider knock-off I have ever played". It differs only a few ways, but those ways help improve it over the standard Tomb Raider formula. It excels in it's storytelling, but falls hard during gun battles IMO which is also a fault of Tomb Raider. I understand you need something to break up the jumping and puzzles, but I really don't need to have a sprawling never ending gun battle with 20 dudes who fall from the fucking sky from all directions. I hope Uncharted 2 keeps the shooting short and sweet. That would be a lot more satisfying to me.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game and I really like it, however I can see it for what it is: a Tomb Raider clone in the highest degree!