Obama WILL be the next president

What do you think about the world?
Animale
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Obama WILL be the next president

Post by Animale »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote: The war in Iraq is part of the fight against terrorism.
You've drunk the Neo-Con Kool-Aid i see.

Animale
Animale Vicioso
64 Gnome Enchanter
<retired>
60 Undead Mage
Hyjal <retired>
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Animale wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote: The war in Iraq is part of the fight against terrorism.
You've drunk the Neo-Con Kool-Aid i see.
How's that Juicy Juice you have going on over there on the left?
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Only a mentally disabled fucking idiot thinks the Iraq war has anything to do with the "war on terror" (whatever the fuck that is, btw), except possibly that its entire existence has made America more vulnerable to terrorist attacks by people who have watched their families die to US fighter jets bombing the fuck out of them. (and thus aren't actually terrorists, well, any more than you guys).

Oh wait they're not white and don't have their own baseball series they must be terrorists.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Nick wrote:Only a mentally disabled fucking idiot thinks the Iraq war has anything to do with the "war on terror" (whatever the fuck that is, btw), except possibly that its entire existence has made America more vulnerable to terrorist attacks by people who have watched their families die to US fighter jets bombing the fuck out of them. (and thus aren't actually terrorists, well, any more than you guys).

Oh wait they're not white and don't have their own baseball series they must be terrorists.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:The war in Iraq is part of the fight against terrorism.
L O FUCKING L
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:The marketing juggernaut that is the Obama Messiah, will run out of steam. I still have faith the people aren't dumb enough to ride this train all the into November. *fingers crossed*
200,000 Germans screaming "USA, USA, USA!" is a marketing ploy to sell what?
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Xyun wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:The marketing juggernaut that is the Obama Messiah, will run out of steam. I still have faith the people aren't dumb enough to ride this train all the into November. *fingers crossed*
200,000 Germans screaming "USA, USA, USA!" is a marketing ploy to sell what?
Ummmm....Obama?
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

I was under the impression that successful marketing is a staple of American capitalism.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Xyun wrote:I was under the impression that successful marketing is a staple of American capitalism.
I think it is, but I don't like seeing politics becoming a marketing competition.

It's no contest that Obama is more marketable than McCain, that's why I like him... I'd much rather his personality than that of just another aging white man.

If I thought Obama could implement half of what he says, I'd most definitely vote against him... I don't think he can. I expect him to win and present a much better face to the world, while changing very little. There's a big difference between running for President and being President, from what I've gathered... It's as if right after the inauguration, you're let in on a bigger piece of the story, and suddenly your positions have 'evolved.'

Oh, and yes we're so much more vulnerable now, especially considering how many more attacks there have been. :roll: That would be none, Nick, but don't let a fact like that get in the way of your rhetoric.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

More Americans have died in Iraq than 9/11. The dollar cost for the war isn't as much as 9/11 was, but it's catching up. I don't think the war has made us any more or less vulnerable to terrorist attacks. Heightened awareness and DHS should take care of that.

The war is just an unrelated money sinkhole. I would say it's made us more vulnerable if the money we spent on it would have been used on homeland security, but it probably wouldn't have.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

One substantive matter of policy: "President Sarkozy and I agree that the world must send a clear message to Iran to end its nuclear program." - Obama today.

I've heard this lately from him as he does his world marketing campaign. I wonder if he really means this and if he is willing to do what it takes to back this up. We know, as all liberals are, willing to use diplomacy until he's blue in the face. Well, black and blue in the face. But, is he willing to use force if necessary. If he is willing to use force, doesn't he then become no different than the current administration? Will his followers support the Messiah then?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Haha, fuck off.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

This time 4 years ago, here's where the polls were.

Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The latest polls. I'm surprised Obama is much further ahead. I've never seen such love from the media for any candidate ever. Never seen such marketing. It's quite a big relief actually. I will not sit home on election day seeing these numbers. Keep hope alive!
Friday, July 25
Race Poll Results Spread
New Mexico Rasmussen Obama 49, McCain 43 Obama +6.0
Pennsylvania Rasmussen Obama 51, McCain 45 Obama +6.0
New Hampshire Rasmussen Obama 49, McCain 45 Obama +4.0
National Gallup Tracking Obama 47, McCain 41 Obama +6.0
National Rasmussen Tracking Obama 49, McCain 44 Obama +5.0
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Why do you keep harping on marketing?
Would you rather see an election campaign that focuses on negativity and attack ads?

Obama's marketing has been a smashing success.
McCain's marketing has been an abject failure.

I don't even know why the republicans are still wasting their time?
The is election is all but over.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:Why do you keep harping on marketing?
Would you rather see an election campaign that focuses on negativity and attack ads?

Obama's marketing has been a smashing success.
McCain's marketing has been an abject failure.

I don't even know why the republicans are still wasting their time?
The is election is all but over.
This campaign has been chock full of negativity and attacks.

The election was all over for Hillary too. Look what happened.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

The reason Obama is "selling" so well is because he's a good product.

McSame just sulks in the corner. It's painful to watch. As I said before, he needs to do something to make himself seem like more than just the old white guy that he is, complete with old white guy attitudes. What does he have that anyone would get excited about?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Really?

The election was all over for Hillary too. Look what happened
She lost?
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:
Really?

She lost?
Yes, really. Obama and his marketing team have been smashing Bush, McCain and America endlessly since before Hillary dropped out.

The electin was over, in favor of Hillary, by 20 points, according to the media and polls. Then the people went to vote back in January and oops. They got it wrong.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

From Hardball today. Very interesting.....eye opening even.
HEATHER WILSON: Barack Obama has always had a great charismatic style, but the substance has never been there and his inexperience is one of the things that troubles a lot of people. Saying something like there's a wall between the United States and Europe? We've been allies with Western Germany and with Germany as a whole since the end of the Second World War. NATO is one of our strongest alliances. And so, what's he talking about? What's the substance behind that --

CHRIS MATTHEWS: He's talking about the fact that Europeans, Europeans hate George Bush.

WILSON: I think one of the things he tried to do in Israel was to reassure Americans that the mistakes he made with respect to Middle East policy because of his experience maybe they shouldn't be concerned about that. He went there because of his inexperience to try to give himself some kind of kind of patina of credibility.

MATTHEWS: Are you say the United States has had a good relationship with Europe in the last seven years?

WILSON: Absolutely. Yes. The US relationship with NATO, with the UK, our relationship with the United Kingdom has never been closer, and that's been spurred by common, mutual interest. I used to serve at NATO when there were 16 NATO countries and we were facing the former Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact. We have very close relationships withour western european allies and I think that continues with Angela Merkel or president Sarkozy or with the Brits. I think very close relationships.

ROBERT WEXLER: The allegation that Senator Obama has not been effective, yet it is his view in Iraq that is now the prevailing view that the Prime Minister of Iraq has endorsed. It is Senator Obama's view that has been endorsed by the Bush administration in concept in Iran by engaging in diplomacy. It is his view in terms of adding troops in Afghanistan that's winning the day. So it's Senator Obama, before he's even president, that's affecting policy in such a great way.

WILSON: It's amazing that you can skew things that far. Senator Obama has been dead wrong when it comes to the policy in Iraq. He opposed the surge and he is now in a situation where he's trying to deny that the surge was successful. I don't think that's particularly presidential.

WILSON: To say that somehow there is a wall in NATO that's running somewhere down the Atlantic shows Senator Obama's inexperience when it comes to understanding where we are. You see that on a number of other things. I mean, look at his platform. He has these kind of message-tested, poll-tested things like, we should, Barack Obama will make sure we take -- he'll negotiate with the Russians to take our ICBMs off hair-trigger alert. It's a great idea: it was done 20 years ago. He seems to be unaware of American history. And that's inexperience which causes people some real concern about whether he's ready for the Oval Office.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
miir wrote:
Really?

She lost?
Yes, really. Obama and his marketing team have been smashing Bush, McCain and America endlessly since before Hillary dropped out.

The electin was over, in favor of Hillary, by 20 points, according to the media and polls. Then the people went to vote back in January and oops. They got it wrong.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

his marketing team have been smashing Bush, McCain and America endlessly
Got anything to back that up?
The electin was over, in favor of Hillary, by 20 points, according to the media and polls.
By what polls?
By what media?

Very interesting.....eye opening even.
Really?
Who the fuck is Heather Wilson and why the fuck should we care about what some republican congressman (yea.. Heather is a weird name for a man) has to say about Obama. McCains cronies are scrambling... They have nothing positive to say about McCain so they have to attack Obama on the same two points.

Those tar babies just aren't sticking.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

The polls mean jack shit at this time. The only thing that matters at all is the voting in November and right now things are close enough that a metric shit ton of things could influence the voting. A third candidate could end up involved that could pull votes from one side or the other (see also: Perot, Ross 1992) and huge special interest groups that have yet to begin weighing in. The only reason Slick Willy ended up in office was because of Perot entering and pulling out of the race and then getting back in to pul votes from Bush Sr.

So far the Christian conservatives have not really entered this fray one way or the other, but come voting time they WILL be voting and they are not going to vote for Obama. The NRA is going to be going after him like Clinton went after tail because he is an ultra liberal that is going to have Supreme Court nominations that could well influence federal gun laws. You also have the Hitlery forces gaining anti-Obama steam that will have a lot of liberals not voting at all or voting for anyone but Obama. Shit..even the EXIT polls in the last election showed Kerry winning and we all know that did not happen. Unles those polls show a 60%-40% difference in favor of Obama, then you can count on the Dems tripping over their own dicks and losing another one.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'd be surprised if you actually believe that.

Actually, I wouldn't... you're pretty fucking dense.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Obama's EU tour is going over very, very well. He is a very good statesman and seems to be received very well overseas. The republican argument that he is inexperianced in foreign affiars has gone right out the window. He has proven that not only does he have eveything it takes, but he is excelling at it.

IMO, running mates are really the only true remaining test of the candidates. McSame needs to pick someone who will be able to take his place when he turns to dust or gets Alzheimers and Obama really can't go wrong as long as the person is white :P I think the gap will only get larger.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

MATTHEWS: Are you say the United States has had a good relationship with Europe in the last seven years?

WILSON: Absolutely. Yes. The US relationship with NATO, with the UK, our relationship with the United Kingdom has never been closer, and that's been spurred by common, mutual interest. I used to serve at NATO when there were 16 NATO countries and we were facing the former Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact. We have very close relationships withour western european allies and I think that continues with Angela Merkel or president Sarkozy or with the Brits. I think very close relationships.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA get fucked you idiot. Everyone hates you. The papers have been going mental over Obama because at least he represents a symbolic change from the fuckwit yanky doodle idiocy of the last 8 years.

The things some of you morons believe is beyond belief.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA get fucked you idiot. Everyone hates you. The papers have been going mental over Obama because at least he represents a symbolic change from the fuckwit yanky doodle idiocy of the last 8 years.

The things some of you morons believe is beyond belief.
symbolic

Well said.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Hey, we'll take symbolism over a direct middle finger, which is what the US is doing to Britain if it votes for McCain.

Lucky you don't visit here often eh...
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:Hey, we'll take symbolism over a direct middle finger, which is what the US is doing to Britain if it votes for McCain.

Lucky you don't visit here often eh...

You raise an interesting concern. Why do you feel electing McCain would be a middle finger to Britain?
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Because McCain is a fucking monkey who will do the same murderous shit that Bush did that had zero support from the British public in the last 8 years (Blair, who'll go down as the the retarded lapdog was about the only American ally in the nearest 1000 miles from here btw).

You already know all of this in much greater detail than we will discuss here of course, but you'll prefer to revel in your own countries carnage instead of taking responsibility, as you have done since about 15 minutes after 9/11 happened, so what's the point?
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Nick wrote:Because McCain is a fucking monkey who will do the same murderous shit that Bush did that had zero support from the British public in the last 8 years (Blair, who'll go down as the the retarded lapdog was about the only American ally in the nearest 1000 miles from here btw).

You already know all of this in much greater detail than we will discuss here of course, but you'll prefer to revel in your own countries carnage instead of taking responsibility, as you have done since about 15 minutes after 9/11 happened, so what's the point?
See, I think that is unfair Nick. I "believe" (which is differant from hard truth of course) that McCain, if elected, will backtrack on his campaign promises (like virtually all presidents do) to most of his neocon backers and do what is best for the country. The man was a POW for a decade, after all. He is also the very best choice that the republicans can offer as a president.

Now, this does not mean I am voting for him. I am voting for Obama. Still, I do not think it is fair to belittle the man who has done nothing other than perhaps, lie (he is a politician, what did you realistically expect?). Also, please do not take this as me defending G.W. Bush, who as far as I am concerned is guilty of war crimes, murder and treason. I just think, and believe, that McCain is a better sort of man than Bush by and far. If you remember back about five years, the man was lauded by liberals and conservatives alike.
Bujinkan is teh win!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Ok, I take your point. But frankly, everything McCain is saying right now is Bush 2 - even in the level of ineptitude, stupidity and narcissistic national self destruction under the guise of patriotism. So believe what you want, but "unfair" is not really a word that enters this debate. As retard boy (midnyte) likes to remind everyone, these guys are politicians (i.e cunts) - I at least prefer an anti-war candidate to a fucking shitheel who sacrificed his very own history as a POW in favour of courting the cunts that buy the whole "omg war on terror = America AWESOME!!!".
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Nick wrote:Ok, I take your point. But frankly, everything McCain is saying right now is Bush 2 - even in the level of ineptitude, stupidity and narcissistic national self destruction under the guise of patriotism. So believe what you want, but "unfair" is not really a word that enters this debate. As retard boy (midnyte) likes to remind everyone, these guys are politicians (i.e cunts) - I at least prefer an anti-war candidate to a fucking shitheel who sacrificed his very own history as a POW in favour of courting the cunts that buy the whole "omg war on terror = America AWESOME!!!".
And I take your point as well. I am voting for Obama because he represents the best chance of recovering (or at least setting us on the road to recovering) our foreign policy and international respect, not to mention the plethora of shit we are in right now as Americans in America.

As for anti-war, I am right there with you. Also, I have never understood declaring war on an abstract, though I would totally support a war on orange. I hate that color.
Bujinkan is teh win!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

As Obama was making his speech in Berlin, McCain was in Berlin, Ohio eating at a german restaurant. It's embarassing to see anyone stoop to such a childlike tactic, but a presidential nominee?

What. The. Fuck.

If this is the best McCain and his campaign can come up with, the race is already over.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

McCain thinks he will win the presidency because he's not black.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

If McCain were openly gay he'd be kicking Obama's black ath.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Here's all you need to know about Obama.

http://www.reuters.com/news/video?video ... =1&sp=true
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Here's all you need to know about Obama.

Really. That's everything eh?

INFORMED VOTING DECISIONZ FTW!!12!!1!
There is not enough disk space available to delete this file, please delete some files to free up disk space.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Toshira wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Here's all you need to know about Obama.

Really. That's everything eh?

INFORMED VOTING DECISIONZ FTW!!12!!1!
There you go again, Larry Literal.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Midnyte, that's just the media. Take your own advice and don't listen to it. It's tainting your mind!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

"I don't hear very much positive from Sen. McCain," he said. "He seems to be only talking about me. You need to ask John McCain what he's for, not just what he's against."
Once again, I agree with Obama.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather Pure wrote:
"I don't hear very much positive from Sen. McCain," he said. "He seems to be only talking about me. You need to ask John McCain what he's for, not just what he's against."
Once again, I agree with Obama.
McCain talks to people everyday explaining what he believes in and it is also peppered with how he differs from Obama. I don't really consider what he has done as the negative campaigning we're all used to. It is really crucial that voters understand the differences between the two candidates. I hope McCain continues explaining those differences every day.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The biggest difference I see between the two is leadership. I don't get any sense of leadership from McCain. He's going through the motions. He is not innovative or different. He is running a very unexciting campaign, which is a reflection of the candidate.

I just cannot see him leading our country. If he gets in, it will be same old, same old which just isn't working. I stress old.

Omaba is Presidential. Simply by being elected he is changing things. I welcome the new face and attitude to move us in any direction other than where we've been headed the last 8 years. I also like the fact that the world abroad seems to have a genuine like for him as well. That is a good sign of changes to come when he is elected.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:The biggest difference I see between the two is leadership. I don't get any sense of leadership from McCain. He's going through the motions. He is not innovative or different. He is running a very unexciting campaign, which is a reflection of the candidate.

I just cannot see him leading our country. If he gets in, it will be same old, same old which just isn't working. I stress old.

Omaba is Presidential. Simply by being elected he is changing things. I welcome the new face and attitude to move us in any direction other than where we've been headed the last 8 years. I also like the fact that the world abroad seems to have a genuine like for him as well. That is a good sign of changes to come when he is elected.

Would you prefer that McCain went to Germany, got some big bands to play a free show, and then he could pretend like the people really were there to see him? Maybe when the concert was done, he could brush his shoulders off, cause he is way too fly for those broke ass cracka's?

Just because he isn't doing all the bells and whistles shit, and because he doesn't have a team of good writers writing fairytales for him to tell to people on stage, doesn't mean he's bad.

I'm not a big fan of McCain, but the pedestal you people are putting Obama up on is getting more and more ridiculous every single day. I seriously can't express to you how excited I am to watch Obama lose the election, and to come here and listen to the absolute outrage about what an injustice it is, and how the voting must have been rigged.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I voted for Obama in the primary here. So I was all for him at the start. Now, I don't know. He comes off as insincere to me now. A kind of arrogant aura around him. I'll still be undecided for a while but as of right now I see it as a toss up.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Republicans know this and will be trying to drive the wedge even further between the undecided and Obama. I've always had a problem with campaigns that try to seperate people with negativity or misinformation. That's why I was really dissappointed with Hillary.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I voted for Obama in the primary here. So I was all for him at the start. Now, I don't know. He comes off as insincere to me now. A kind of arrogant aura around him. I'll still be undecided for a while but as of right now I see it as a toss up.
Arrogant or determined & confident? How would you be perceived if every second of your life, every sound you made, every facial expression you had was analyzed to the minute details in order to find something wrong with you? More so than any other person in recent memory, I think Obama is walking an amazingly thin line to not only give his opinions and plans, but also do so with extremely specific words and speeches that are harder to dissect and twist. I couldn't live like that for any amount of time and not be edgy. Right now the biggest argument against him is his 'inexperience'. Having a great deal of confidence in himself is about the best way to counter that argument.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

That's really what it comes down to with Obama. He has to show that confidence 24/7. It is essential to his campaign. Having said that, I think he should absolutely carry that into the White House.

I've never agreed with the inexperiance part. If it were up to the Republicans, he would never have enough experiance. He has all the makings of an excellent leader. He has proven that time and again. Being able to beat Hillary Clinton in the Presidental primary should've removed all doubts. Obama has what it takes.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Can I get a witness in the congregation?
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I seriously can't express to you how excited I am to watch Obama lose the election, and to come here and listen to the absolute outrage about what an injustice it is, and how the voting must have been rigged.
Well it usually is rigged. How short a memory do you have? It's not like there isn't evidence to prove it.

:roll: