What do you think about the world?
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Iran shoots off a test missile (again)

Post by Gzette »

From BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7498214.stm
The US and Israel have condemned Iran after it test-fired a series of missiles, including one capable of reaching Israel.

Iran state media said the Shahab-3 had a range of 2,000km (1,240 miles) and was armed with a conventional warhead.

Iran has tested the missile before, but the latest launch comes amid rising tensions with the US and Israel over the country's nuclear programme.

US Under-secretary of State William Burns called the tests "provocative".

Following the the early morning tests at a remote desert site - which sent oil prices climbing - he told a Congressional hearing "the US and international community remain committed to meeting the challenges posed by Iran".

In the Israeli parliament, Housing Minister Ze'ev Boim said: "I suggest Israel will not talk, and Israel should prepare itself to do what is needed to do."

Two other types of missile with shorter ranges were also fired as part of the Great Prophet III war games being staged by Iran's military.

Brig Gen Hoseyn Salami, commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guards' air force, said: "Our missiles are ready for shooting at any place and any time, quickly and with accuracy.

"The enemy must not repeat its mistakes. The enemy targets are under surveillance."

The tests are intended to deter any Israeli or US strike against Tehran's nuclear installations, says BBC diplomatic correspondent Jonathan Marcus.

Our correspondent - who is in Israel - says the country has a fully operational anti-ballistic missile system, which Israeli military experts believe can counter any Iranian threat.

But there is no room for complacency, he adds.

On Monday, an adviser to Iran's Supreme Leader said it would retaliate against any military attack by hitting the Israeli city of Tel Aviv.

Other commanders have threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz, through which a large part of the world's oil flows, and to target the US and its allies around the world if Iran comes under attack.

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said the test justified Washington's plan to base a missile shield plan in Eastern Europe - which is strongly opposed by Russia.

'Joke'

Her point was backed by the Republican US presidential candidate, John McCain. His Democratic rival, Barack Obama, told ABC's Good Morning America Iran was "a great threat".

The French, German and Italian governments also expressed concern at the missile tests.

But Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has insisted his country had no intention of attacking Israel.

Speaking on a visit to Malaysia on Tuesday, Mr Ahmadinejad said Iran did not fear an attack by the US or Israel over its nuclear activities, dismissing the possibility as a "joke".

Western leaders have been attempting to convince Tehran to stop enriching uranium, which it has continued despite the imposition of sanctions by the UN and the European Union.

Iran insists its nuclear research is for a civilian energy programme.
The missile has the range to hit India, Eqypt, the Balkans, Kazahkstan, and (of course) Israel. This definitely bolsters the recently signed agreement to put a missile-defense system in the Czech Republic, though that system no doubt is intended to corral Russia. And, per usual, Ahmadinejad is a maniac.

For some reason I still blame the writer's strike.
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Iran shoots off a test missile (again)

Post by Acies »

I am kind of glad they do have a working missle system.

Relieved actually.

One less oil nation we need to fuck up.
Bujinkan is teh win!
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

"The enemy must not repeat its mistakes. The enemy targets are under surveillance."
Translation "Israel better not blow up our Nuclear Weapons Research Facilities like they did in Iraq!"
- Ash
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There's a difference between firing off one missile and having a 1,000 missiles/laser guided bombs ready to be launched with pinpoint accurate guidance systems.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

I suppose. But taken in conjunction to the likelihood that Iran will develop a nuke, I'd be a concerned Israelite no matter how awesome their or our guidance systems are.

Have you not heard the rhetoric coming from Iran about Israel? They want to wipe them off the map.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Gzette wrote:I suppose. But taken in conjunction to the likelihood that Iran will develop a nuke, I'd be a concerned Israelite no matter how awesome their or our guidance systems are.

Have you not heard the rhetoric coming from Iran about Israel? They want to wipe them off the map.
No offense, but I am fairly sure you have not heard rhetoric coming from Iran either, unless you profess to have been there and heard it first hand. In fact, can anyone point out an offical in Iran saying that Israel needs to be destroyed?
Bujinkan is teh win!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - The speaker of Iran's parliament warned Israelis on Tuesday that no part of their country is safe from Hezbollah attack.
The comments by Speaker Gholam Ali Haddad Adel called into question Tehran's official position that it is not involved in the conflict between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon.

"The towns you have built in northern Palestine (Israel) are within the range of the brave Lebanese children. No part of Israel will be safe," Haddad Adel told thousands of anti-Israel demonstrators in Palestine Square.

Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki indicated that Iran may be playing a covert role in the fighting when he said Monday that a cease-fire was feasible. He spoke after talks with the Syrian government in Damascus.

Iran and its ally Syria are the principal backers of Hezbollah, the Lebanese militant group that provoked the current fighting when its guerrillas seized two Israeli soldiers last week. On Monday, Israeli military officials said their planes had destroyed a long-range missile in Lebanon, named "Zelzal," that Hezbollah had received from Iran.

Israel has alleged that 100 members of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards are in Lebanon acting as advisers to Hezbollah. Iran has denied the accusation, saying Hezbollah is strong enough to defend itself.

In his speech, Haddad Adel praised Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah, calling him a "brave lion," and said the Palestinians and Lebanese had every right to fight Israel.

Referring to the Israeli offensive in Gaza that began after militants captured an Israeli soldier, Haddad Adel said to Israel: "If you have the right to start a massacre to free one prisoner, Palestinians and Lebanese have far more right to fight you to free hundreds of their prisoners, including Cabinet ministers and lawmakers."

The speaker, who is not among the most influential officials in Iran, also scoffed at reports of a division within Lebanon between Hezbollah supporters and those who criticize the group for provoking Israel into a destruction campaign in Lebanon.

He said Israelis "want to turn the Lebanese people against Hezbollah and disarm it, but they are unaware of the fact that Lebanese people know the value of resistance, and the value of Hezbollah's weapons, more than they did beforehand."

He also warned that there would be no peace until the United States stopped supporting Israel.

Addressing Washington, he said: "Either cut your support for Israel, or don't expect peace and compromise with the world."

The crowd responded with chants of "Death to Israel!"

Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

They will. Someday.

Israel is precariously positioned and has enemies that will one day possess the capacity to destroy them. Nuclear Weapons are hard to acquire, but not impossible (See Pakistan, North Korea, India) and Iran, as a major oil producer and a theocratic state has both the will, resources and patience to wait until that day comes. When that day does come, and it will (probably within my lifetime), Iran's Supreme Leader will do what he believes is the correct thing and order the attempt to destroy Israel.
He also warned that there would be no peace until the United States stopped supporting Israel.

Addressing Washington, he said: "Either cut your support for Israel, or don't expect peace and compromise with the world."

The crowd responded with chants of "Death to Israel!"
Translation: "Quit supporting Israel so it will be easier to destroy them, which will give us peace"
Last edited by Ashur on July 9, 2008, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Ash
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Okay, so I see one foreign minister opposing Israel and it's actions in Lebenon and a crowd screaming "Death to Israel" at the end. He even stated that Hezbollah was strong enough to stand on it's own, which to me equates that they do not need assistance and Iran does not intend to render it beyond an advisory role, but certainly no mention to killing the country.

Though it was a good post Kilmoll.
Bujinkan is teh win!
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Ashur wrote:They will. Someday.

Israel is precariously positioned and has enemies that will one day possess the capacity to destroy them. Nuclear Weapons are hard to acquire, but not impossible (See Pakistan, North Korea, India) and Iran, as a major oil producer and a theocratic state has both the will, resources and patience to wait until that day comes. When that day does come, and it will (probably within my lifetime), Iran's Supreme Leader will do what he believes is the correct thing and order the attempt to destroy Israel.
Maybe, maybe not. It simply means that Israel will have to play nice instead of being the walking cocks of the middle east. And ultimately, I do not believe Iran's 'supreme leader' is that much of a douche.
Bujinkan is teh win!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Why are we posting two year old news articles?
I thought this was the current events forum.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

the article Kil posted has relevance to the original post, i thought
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I think the only way Israel will be accepted is if it relocates to another continent. Walking cocks or not. It's just a matter of time until a martyr with a big enough bomb steps up to the plate.
- Ash
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

cadalano wrote:the article Kil posted has relevance to the original post, i thought
Two year old comments made at an anti-Israel rally in palestine, by someone who's not even very influential in Iran politics, who's no longer even speaker of the parliament...

That's a bit of a stretch the be relevant.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Anyone with the surname of Salami should be taken seriously. I mean really!

This whole mess with Israel vesus all of their neighbors is going to get worse and worse.
en kærlighed småkager
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

iran is just playing chicken with the world at this point. Israel will attack them soon

Maybe, maybe not. It simply means that Israel will have to play nice instead of being the walking cocks of the middle east.
yes- whatever happened to mutually assured destruction making sure that the world was a perfect place all the time?
And ultimately, I do not believe Iran's 'supreme leader' is that much of a douche.
he worded it that way because if it isnt Ahmadinejad who is given the ability to push the shiny red button, it will be whoever holds his position in the future. Regardless, Ahmadinejad has openly expressed his belief that the Israeli state should be eliminated.. you clearly respect the man- why wouldn't you take him at his word?

hopefully we can credit the ignorance of your opinions to your personal opposition of the Israeli state and not to you simply being incredibly naive
Last edited by cadalano on July 9, 2008, 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

No offense, but I am fairly sure you have not heard rhetoric coming from Iran either, unless you profess to have been there and heard it first hand. In fact, can anyone point out an offical in Iran saying that Israel needs to be destroyed?
No offense, but yes I have. This should prove my point slightly.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/10/26/news/iran.php
TEHRAN: Iran's conservative new president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, said Wednesdaythat Israel must be "wiped off the map" and that attacks by Palestinians would destroy it, the ISNA press agency reported.

Ahmadinejad was speaking to an audience of about 4,000 students at a program called "The World Without Zionism," in preparation for an annual anti-Israel demonstration on the last Friday of the holy month of Ramadan.

His tone was reminiscent of that of the early days of Iran's Islamic revolution in 1979. Iran and Israel have been bitter enemies since then, and anti-Israel slogans have been common at rallies.

Senior officials had avoided provocative language over the past decade, but Ahmadinejad appears to be taking a more confrontational tone than Iranian leaders have in recent years.

Ahmadinejad said in his remarks Wednesday that the issue of a Palestinian state would be resolved only when Palestinians took control of all their lands.

"The establishment of Zionist regime was a move by the world oppressor against the Islamic world," he said, according to the press agency. "The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of the war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land."

Referring to comments by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the leader of the Islamic revolution, Admadinejad said, "As the imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map." Ahmadinejad's predecessor, Mohammad Khatami, in contrast, proposed a dialogue among civilizations and pursued a policy of détente.

In response to Ahmadinejad's remarks on Wednesday, Mark Regev, a spokesman for the Israeli Foreign Ministry, said that, "Unfortunately, this is not the first time we've seen such extreme statements from senior Iranian leaders."

He added that, "We see today that there is a growing understanding in the international community that the extremist regime in Tehran is not just Israel's problem, but rather an issue that the entire international community must grapple with."

Israel contends that Iran finances a number of Palestinian armed factions that carry out attacks against Israel, including Islamic Jihad, the group that claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing that killed at least five people Wednesday in the Israeli coastal town of Hadera.

In his remarks on Wednesday, Ahmadinejad also called Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza Strip a trick, and said Gaza was part of Palestinian territories.

"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury," he said. Any Islamic leader "who recognizes the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world."

Greg Myre contributed reporting from Jerusalem.

White House concerns

The White House said Wednesday that Ahmadinejad's call for Israel to be "wiped off the map" underlined U.S. concerns about Tehran's nuclear ambitions, Agence France-Presse reported from Washington.

"It reconfirms what we've been saying about the regime in Iran," said the White House spokesman, Scott McClellan. "It underscores the concerns we have about Iran's nuclear intentions."

Washington has accused Tehran of using a civilian nuclear program as cover for efforts to develop atomic weapons. Iran has denied the allegation.

In Paris,Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy said that France would summon Iran's ambassador to Paris to question him about Ahmadinejad's comments."I condemn them very forcefully," Douste-Blazy said.
Granted I wasn't there to physically hear these remarks, but I don't think they were sprinkled in context that offered Israel free cookies or anything.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:
cadalano wrote:the article Kil posted has relevance to the original post, i thought
Two year old comments made at an anti-Israel rally in palestine, by someone who's not even very influential in Iran politics, who's no longer even speaker of the parliament...

That's a bit of a stretch the be relevant.
It was the first result google pulled up. I will find more relevant ones for you lib.

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/ ... artyr.html
Former Iranian Revolutionary Guards chief Gen. Yahya Rahim Safavi, who is a top adviser to supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, stamps newly issued stamps with picture of Hezbollah's top commander Imad Mughniyeh, in Tehran, Iran, Monday, March 10, 2008. The stamp features a picture of the smiling face of Mughniyeh in a military uniform and hat, the only picture available in Iran since his assassination. Mughniyeh was killed Feb. 12 in a car bomb in Damascus, Syria. (AP Photo/ Borna News, Hamid Saeidi)

The Iranian regime announced that the time of the Zionists is over at the ceremony announcing the official stamp of Hezbollah terrorist Imad Mughniyeh.
Fars News reported:

Israel should take seriously the "brave and wise" remarks of Hezbollah leader, Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah, the top military aide to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said on Monday.

According to IRNA, Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi made the remark at the ceremony marking the release of the commemorating stamp of martyr Imad Mughniyeh, adding that the Israelis should believe in what the late Imam Khomeini and Supreme Leader Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said to the effect that the time of the Zionists is over.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't see anything wrong with Iran having a missile program. After all there's nothing wrong with them wanting to defend themselves. I believe this falls under the Castle Doctrine. They are within their rights to blast anyone who steps on their property or who steals a boombox from their neighbors.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Typical of right-wing nutjobs to quote a blog as a reliable news source. :roll:
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:I don't see anything wrong with Iran having a missile program. After all there's nothing wrong with them wanting to defend themselves. I believe this falls under the Castle Doctrine. They are within their rights to blast anyone who steps on their property or who steals a boombox from their neighbors.
In that case, the U.S. should turn the entire continent into a glass bead factory.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:In that case, the U.S. should turn the entire continent into a glass bead factory.
That makes no sense. We're the invaders stealing their neighbors property!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:In that case, the U.S. should turn the entire continent into a glass bead factory.
That makes no sense. We're the invaders stealing their neighbors property!
You could be right.

Maybe I just like the idea of turning the middle east into a glass bead factory.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Some shocking anti-Israel rhetoric from Yahya Rahim Safavi in that blog Kilmoll linked:
I wish leaders of certain Arab states would decide to shut down Israeli embassies and sever diplomatic ties with the fake regime
I wish other Islamic and Arab nations would hold a protest rally just like Iranians to show their anger at the US and the Zionist regime.

That's obviously a thinly veiled threat of a nuclear attack on Israel. :shock:
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Point conceded Gzette. Wow. I am a little bit shocked that an educated man would say those things.
Bujinkan is teh win!
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

cadalano wrote:iran is just playing chicken with the world at this point. Israel will attack them soon

Maybe, maybe not. It simply means that Israel will have to play nice instead of being the walking cocks of the middle east.
yes- whatever happened to mutually assured destruction making sure that the world was a perfect place all the time?
And ultimately, I do not believe Iran's 'supreme leader' is that much of a douche.
he worded it that way because if it isnt Ahmadinejad who is given the ability to push the shiny red button, it will be whoever holds his position in the future. Regardless, Ahmadinejad has openly expressed his belief that the Israeli state should be eliminated.. you clearly respect the man- why wouldn't you take him at his word?

hopefully we can credit the ignorance of your opinions to your personal opposition of the Israeli state and not to you simply being incredibly naive
Ahmadinejad wouldn't have the authority to authorize an Islam Scout jamboree if the Supreme Leader didn't give the nod. In the grand scheme of things, he doesn't matter. Iran is a Theocracy and the ultimate decisions and policies aren't in the hands of the secular leader.
- Ash
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Point conceded Gzette. Wow. I am a little bit shocked that an educated man would say those things.
I won an internet debate on a message board!? that's like +12 internet points!
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

A good Iran/Israel flare up would sure help out McCain.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I give less than a shit about the state Israel.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Xatrei wrote:I give less than a shit about the state Israel.

You hate jews?
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
Xatrei wrote:I give less than a shit about the state Israel.

You hate jews?
Hah - you really are a stupid little boy, aren't you? Where did I say anything about hating Jews? You'll note that I said I don't give a shit about the state of Israel. My feelings about a foreign state's government has nothing to do with a religious / ethnic group that make the bulk of its population. I have nothing against Jewish people. I do, however, have a difficult time giving a rat's ass about the nation, given its dubious history as an artificially created nation carved out of the area by imperial mandate. Since being created, it's existence has served primarily to create tension and hostility within the region. Further, the phrase "I give less than a shit about..." implies a high degree of apathy. Apathy does not, by any sane definition, imply hatred. Even if I were to accept your premise that I was referring to the Jewish people, which I do not, only an idiot such as yourself would mistake apathy for hatred.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Aren't all nations "artificially created"? :roll:

Israel is one of a multitude of "artificially created" nations with ethnic tensions/conflict. It just happens to have a spotlight on it.

Yes, we would definitely be a LOT FUCKING CLOSER to Middle East Peace if the Israeli government folded up shop and all the Jewish people there left for other countries or relocated to Antarctica, the Moon (Jews in Space! See - another Mel Brooks reference!), or Arizona, but we know that's not going to happen because they believe that the Holy Land, is, gee, thier Holy Land and they have a right to be there.
- Ash
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The odd thing about the Jews is that they are not the ones who believe in eradicating other religions. Personally, I would rather see all those peace loving Muslims eliminated.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

We're Jews, we're jews in spaaaceee...we're going around, protecting the Hebrew raceeee....
en kærlighed småkager
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Canelek wrote:We're Jews, we're jews in spaaaceee...we're going around, protecting the Hebrew raceeee....
:D It's too bad Part 2 never came out :(
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:The odd thing about the Jews is that they are not the ones who believe in eradicating other religions. Personally, I would rather see all those peace loving Muslims eliminated.
There are most certainly many Israelis who would love to eradicate every single muslim currently living on thier holy land... just as their are many muslims who would love to eradicate every jew living on their land.

If the situation was reversed and a muslim state was created in the heart of the jewish holy land would your opinions on the jews and muslims be reversed?
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:The odd thing about the Jews is that they are not the ones who believe in eradicating other religions. Personally, I would rather see all those peace loving Muslims eliminated.
There are most certainly many Israelis who would love to eradicate every single muslim currently living on thier holy land... just as their are many muslims who would love to eradicate every jew living on their land.

If the situation was reversed and a muslim state was created in the heart of the jewish holy land would your opinions on the jews and muslims be reversed?
No way Jose. Jews rule. They make awesome movies.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Ashur wrote:Aren't all nations "artificially created"? :roll:

Israel is one of a multitude of "artificially created" nations with ethnic tensions/conflict. It just happens to have a spotlight on it.

Yes, we would definitely be a LOT FUCKING CLOSER to Middle East Peace if the Israeli government folded up shop and all the Jewish people there left for other countries or relocated to Antarctica, the Moon (Jews in Space! See - another Mel Brooks reference!), or Arizona, but we know that's not going to happen because they believe that the Holy Land, is, gee, thier Holy Land and they have a right to be there.
By artificial, I'm referring specifically to the fact that until the late 19th century / early 20th century, the Jewish population within that region was relatively small, and certainly nothing approaching the 75% of the population that they now represent within the nation of Israel. The majority of the Jews that formed the modern state of Israel were European Jews that were scattered around the world, primarily in Europe and North America. While all countries are created in some way (they don't just magically form themselves), I think that Isreal's status as a nation created for a foreign population by a U.N. mandate on misappropriated territory is relatively unique. This is the equivalent of 1,000,000+ Woden or Donar worshipping people of ancient Germanic decent - not modern relationships, mind you, just an ancestral line that leads to ancient central Europe decided to move to migrate en masse to Schleswig-Holstein and declare their independence from Germany because it's their ancestral homeland, and the UN approved it all against the will of the German government, the German people or the Catholic church. Israel's territorial expansion following the various wars fought with their neighbors, and their settlement of these lands hasn't done anything to help the situation there.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yeah kill the jews! haha

Their evilness is only second to that of the americans.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Yes, that's clearly what I said. :roll:

If you're going to just troll, try to be clever about it at least.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Xatrei wrote:This is the equivalent of 1,000,000+ Woden or Donar worshipping people of ancient Germanic decent - not modern relationships, mind you, just an ancestral line that leads to ancient central Europe decided to move to migrate en masse to Schleswig-Holstein and declare their independence from Germany because it's their ancestral homeland, and the UN approved it all against the will of the German government, the German people or the Catholic church.
Actually, that would be quite cool.
- Ash
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:

Ummmm...you mean like Palestine? I really don;t care how has what....both sides fighting over that strip are retarded and should have someone step in and stuff the cock up both their asses and remove them off it entirely.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Iran uses photoshop!

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/0 ... ex.html?hp

Apparently the Sepah--the media wing of the military--ddn't want anyone to know that one of their shoddy-ass missiles didn't work, so they made it look nice! The doctored picture was printed on numerous front pages today!

ImageImageImageImageImage
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:
miir wrote:

Ummmm...you mean like Palestine? I really don;t care how has what....both sides fighting over that strip are retarded and should have someone step in and stuff the cock up both their asses and remove them off it entirely.
Typical of a right-wing nutjob to flip flop.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:
miir wrote:

Typical of a right-wing nutjob to flip flop.
I know right? He's like the John Kerry of the right wingers. Get a life Kilmoll.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Three missiles or four.. Still going to fuck up your day either way.

--
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:Three missiles or four.. Still going to fuck up your day either way.
Fuck'em up good!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

miir wrote:

You spun that enormously.

It's in the Muslim doctrine that any non-Muslims are sworn enemies. Is a similar rhetoric in the Jewish doctrine?
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Leonaerd wrote:
miir wrote:

You spun that enormously.

It's in the Muslim doctrine that any non-Muslims are sworn enemies. Is a similar rhetoric in the Jewish doctrine?
I've never bothered to learn hebrew and arabic to be able to satisfactorily determine this one for myself, and I doubt you have either.

I don't recall anything in MY bible that justified the crusades, but someone managed to make the argument based on holy mandate.

I suspect the genocidal/conversion doctrine in all three texts is actually pretty similar, and/or open to interpretation in whatever manner you think is convenient for your cause of the day. Or perhaps it's not, perhaps there's a clear instruction to go around and slaughter anyone you can't convert en masse along with schematics to construct those nifty Aurai staves for the prophets....
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.