Paris back IN jail... (now with REAL *shock* and *awe*)

What do you think about the world?
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Paris back IN jail... (now with REAL *shock* and *awe*)

Post by noel »

Must be nice to be rich.

Fuck the police, the politicians, the shitty shamrock shakes between lawyers and elected officials.
http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/07/paris-hilton-free-woman/
Last edited by noel on June 8, 2007, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Paris out of jail... *shock* *awe*

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fucking ridiculous.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

haha

Powerful people don't play by the same set of rules as we do. Stop being surprised.
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

No one is surprised. Notice the "*shock* *awe*" in the thread title (that's sarcasm). While not the least bit surprising, it is absolutely fucking ridiculous.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It really isn't ridiculous though. Powerful people are of more use to society out of jail, than in jail. They create jobs for the rest of us with thier wealth of money and resources. Joe sixpack in or out of jail has little consequence on the greater public. It's all common sense.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

But it was a medical issue! You just don't know or understand the details!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Medical issue my ass. I guess withdrawal from a coke or heroin habit is considered a medical issue now. :roll:

Mid, I'm the last person that's surprised. In actuality, the only thing about this that surprised me was that she actually served time in an actual cell to begin with.

I really, really, really hope that there's an honest politician out there that does some kind of investigation into this. Total fucking bullshit.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

noel wrote:Medical issue my ass. I guess withdrawal from a coke or heroin habit is considered a medical issue now. :roll:

Mid, I'm the last person that's surprised. In actuality, the only thing about this that surprised me was that she actually served time in an actual cell to begin with.

I really, really, really hope that there's an honest politician out there that does some kind of investigation into this. Total fucking bullshit.

Agree, agree and agree.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

noel wrote:

Huh? So they can waste our tax dollars on a stupid rich spoiled brat getting out of serving a 23 day jail sentence. Priorities man. Send that money to HLS so they can put another 3 men on payroll to help stop the next fuel line terrorist plot like the one they stopped at the New York airport. Or send it to a high crime city and let them put some more brave men and women on the city's payroll to stop someone mother, father, son or daughter from getting raped or murdered.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

How many people might Paris have killed while driving drunk? Is driving drunk only an issue if someone is killed? C'mon man. Look at the BIG PICTURE.
reuters.com wrote:May 25, 2007 05:23 PM
Reuters

WASHINGTON – Alcohol-related deaths on U.S. roads rose to their highest level in 14 years in 2006, while the overall number of people killed in traffic crashes declined slightly but still topped 43,000, according to preliminary government estimates Friday.

The Transportation Department said that drunken driving deaths rose 2.4 percent to 17,941 after a slight decline in 2005. It was the highest level since 1992 when 18,290 deaths were reported.

Alcohol-related fatalities accounted for 41 percent of all traffic deaths, which dropped less than 1 percent last year to 43,300. Annual auto deaths have hovered around 43,000 for the past five years.

The number of fatal crashes remained virtually unchanged at just over 39,000, and most victims, 55 percent, were not wearing seat belts, the government said.

More than 2.5 million people were hurt in auto crashes.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

noel wrote:Medical issue my ass. I guess withdrawal from a coke or heroin habit is considered a medical issue now. :roll:
My guess is that's exactly what it is.

40 days confinement to her mansion? Tough sentence!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

noel wrote:How many people might Paris have killed while driving drunk? Is driving drunk only an issue if someone is killed? C'mon man. Look at the BIG PICTURE.
reuters.com wrote:May 25, 2007 05:23 PM
Reuters

WASHINGTON – Alcohol-related deaths on U.S. roads rose to their highest level in 14 years in 2006, while the overall number of people killed in traffic crashes declined slightly but still topped 43,000, according to preliminary government estimates Friday.

The Transportation Department said that drunken driving deaths rose 2.4 percent to 17,941 after a slight decline in 2005. It was the highest level since 1992 when 18,290 deaths were reported.

Alcohol-related fatalities accounted for 41 percent of all traffic deaths, which dropped less than 1 percent last year to 43,300. Annual auto deaths have hovered around 43,000 for the past five years.

The number of fatal crashes remained virtually unchanged at just over 39,000, and most victims, 55 percent, were not wearing seat belts, the government said.

More than 2.5 million people were hurt in auto crashes.
If you really do want to look at the big picture, then do so. Is the problem drunk driving or is the fact that there a million bars that serve alcohol? You really can not logically expect there to be no consequences from people driving to a bar to consume alcohol and then going back home. Designated drivers is a wonderful concept, but not practical for 100%. I would venture to guess less than 5% of all folks who go out to bars to consume alcohol use a DD. It would be nice if every one used alcohol in a reasonable fashion, but it is completely illogical to expect it.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:If you really do want to look at the big picture, then do so. Is the problem drunk driving or is the fact that there a million bars that serve alcohol? You really can not logically expect there to be no consequences from people driving to a bar to consume alcohol and then going back home. Designated drivers is a wonderful concept, but not practical for 100%. I would venture to guess less than 5% of all folks who go out to bars to consume alcohol use a DD. It would be nice if every one used alcohol in a reasonable fashion, but it is completely illogical to expect it.
You didn't really just go with the, "Drunk driving isn't the problem. Bars and the inconvenience of finding a designated driver is the problem."

Tell me you didn't just do that.

Another key point. Doesn't it bother you at all that there's no sense of 'justice' here? If she was an African-American heiress I bet she'd be doing the time.

Wait, your argument is, 'There are two sets of laws. One for the ultra-rich, and one for normal people. It's bullshit. It's the antithesis of the morals this country was founded on.
Spankes
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spankes »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:It really isn't ridiculous though. Powerful people are of more use to society out of jail, than in jail. They create jobs for the rest of us with thier wealth of money and resources. Joe sixpack in or out of jail has little consequence on the greater public. It's all common sense.

btw...when did Paris Hilton become a powerful person that created jobs? Her dad? Sure. Her? No way. She could die tommorow and no one would notice it in their pay check...even the people that work on her reality show, they would just move on to the next one.
EQ - Spankes - Retired
Wow - Randulph
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Spankes wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:It really isn't ridiculous though. Powerful people are of more use to society out of jail, than in jail. They create jobs for the rest of us with thier wealth of money and resources. Joe sixpack in or out of jail has little consequence on the greater public. It's all common sense.

btw...when did Paris Hilton become a powerful person that created jobs? Her dad? Sure. Her? No way. She could die tommorow and no one would notice it in their pay check...even the people that work on her reality show, they would just move on to the next one.
Rich, powerful people in general. Big picture. *wink*
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

noel wrote:
Wait, your argument is, 'There are two sets of laws. One for the ultra-rich, and one for normal people. It's bullshit. It's the antithesis of the morals this country was founded on.
No. It is not an argument. It just is.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Thanks for pointing that out to us. Five times in as many posts. We get it. Now shut the fuck up.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
noel wrote:
I really hope you get run over by a stinking rich drunk driver. Not killed, just crippled so you get more time to think what a fucking asshat you are.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Zaelath wrote:
noel wrote:
I really hope you get run over by a stinking rich drunk driver. Not killed, just crippled so you get more time to think what a fucking asshat you are.
And there is the personal attack. Wishing harm upon me for having a differing opinion than you. Yes, you cetainly are the better person than I.
Neroon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Neroon »

I'm going to play devil's advocate here (bold mine).
She was originally sentenced to 45 days in jail, but that was reduced to 23. She served a total of five days -- the normal stay for a violation of this kind.
If it is true that 5 days would be the normal sentence for this violation, what is the problem? I don't care how rich, famous or slutty she is, if that's the norm, that's what she should serve.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Neroon wrote:I'm going to play devil's advocate here (bold mine).
She was originally sentenced to 45 days in jail, but that was reduced to 23. She served a total of five days -- the normal stay for a violation of this kind.
If it is true that 5 days would be the normal sentence for this violation, what is the problem? I don't care how rich, famous or slutty she is, if that's the norm, that's what she should serve.
Except she didn't serve five days, she served three. The WONDERFUL judicial system counts Sunday when she checked herself in at 11:30PM as a full day, and they count this morning when she checked out by 7AM as a full day. So 3.25 days AT BEST.

Edit: Medical condition was 'mental distress' according to TMZ.com. I'm FUCKING GLAD to know that you can get out of jail by CRYING.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

And after the guards went through all that trouble painting penises on the bars. I hope she gets charged to paint those back.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

5 days is the normal sentence? Where is this listed? I have not seen any actual reference to that anywhere.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I know in Arizona:

Normal 1st DUI = 10 days jail, typical time served: 1 day
Extreme 1st DUI = 30 days jail, typical time served: 10 days

So 5 days may be right for whatever her probation violation but it sounds like she didn't even serve that.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

No kidding. I read that 2 days was the minimum and 6 months was the maximum. This is for driving on a suspended license.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Except this isn't for a DUI.

This is for getting a DUI, getting her license suspended, and driving under a suspended license.

When I was younger, I had a suspended license and if I recall it was up to 45 days in jail if you were caught driving with a suspended license. Not sure what the current law is.
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

She should have created a job for a chauffeur!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Thess wrote:
She should have created a job for a chauffeur!
Where's the fun in driving pantyless then?
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Mid:

Are you for or against the drug war? I know it might seem off-topic, but I'm curious how far your "it's stupid to waste money on this inefficient and costly thing" ethos extends.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sueven wrote:Mid:

Are you for or against the drug war? I know it might seem off-topic, but I'm curious how far your "it's stupid to waste money on this inefficient and costly thing" ethos extends.
Against it. It's a huge sink hole. I'm all for legalization and taxation of drugs.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

noel wrote:Except this isn't for a DUI.

This is for getting a DUI, getting her license suspended, and driving under a suspended license.

When I was younger, I had a suspended license and if I recall it was up to 45 days in jail if you were caught driving with a suspended license. Not sure what the current law is.
You normally don't go to jail for a suspended license. Lots of people are driving on a suspended license and don't even realize it from getting a ticket in another state and not paying it, etc. That won't get you thrown in the clink 99% of the time.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Actually I've looked into it a bit, and HERE IN CALIFORNIA, which is really the only set of laws that's relevant, the penalty for driving on a suspended license is largely dependent upon the cause of the suspension.

It doesn't fucking matter though. She had her day in court, she was to go to jail for 45 days, then 23 days (with good behavior).

Martha Stewart went to fucking jail. Why shouldn't Paris?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Bear in mind she was also pulled over for driving with a suspended license three fucking times. That should warrant some kind of a jail sentence over 5 days imo.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Zaelath wrote: I really hope you get run over by a stinking rich drunk driver. Not killed, just crippled so you get more time to think what a fucking asshat you are.
And there is the personal attack. Wishing harm upon me for having a differing opinion than you. Yes, you cetainly are the better person than I.
So what's your point? That I shouldn't attack you because of your values? When has that EVER been your pacifist agenda when it comes to people that think differently to you?

I don't even see that as an attack, I see that as natural justice.

Besides, your "opinion" is nothing other than trolling and we both know it.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Well, it's not driving on a suspended license either. The bigger issue was that it was a probation violation.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:Well, it's not driving on a suspended license either. The bigger issue was that it was a probation violation.
Now don't go around confusing the big picture with.. uh.. the big picture.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Shashonna
Star Farmer
Star Farmer
XBL Gamertag: Shashonna

Post by Shashonna »

I'm having a hard time reading anything Noel posts.... only because everytime I start I hear the voice of Dr.Cox. Now call him a girls name and do some hand guestures and I'm set :)
Shashonna Illumenada
Enchanter Extraordinaire!
Owner of the Snake Stick
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

noel wrote:

Huh? So they can waste our tax dollars on a stupid rich spoiled brat getting out of serving a 23 day jail sentence. Priorities man. Send that money to HLS so they can put another 3 men on payroll to help stop the next fuel line terrorist plot like the one they stopped at the New York airport. Or send it to a high crime city and let them put some more brave men and women on the city's payroll to stop someone mother, father, son or daughter from getting raped or murdered.
roflmfao.

seriously man. The terror plot at JFK??? I guess you missed the report with the FACT that the plot was IMPOSSIBLE to execute, and was planned by a homeless man and a drug addict. Anyway, keep on regurgitating b.s. propaganda, it's what you do best.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Zaelath wrote:
Zaelath wrote: I really hope you get run over by a stinking rich drunk driver. Not killed, just crippled so you get more time to think what a fucking asshat you are.
So what's your point? That I shouldn't attack you because of your values? When has that EVER been your pacifist agenda when it comes to people that think differently to you?

I don't even see that as an attack, I see that as natural justice.

Besides, your "opinion" is nothing other than trolling and we both know it.
You wish me harm because I dare to say what is reality? Rich and powerful people live under a different set of rules. It's not new news man. Every one knows it. How is me saying and acknowledgin so worthy of me getting hurt and crippled? How is that justice? What the fuck is your problem?
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Look Susan, it's not a matter of if everyone knows it or not. It's a matter of right or wrong and standing up for what's right. What happened today is wrong.

If you've given up on right and wrong (as evidenced by the bulk of your posts), that's too bad, but the joking about you and physical harm is re-eee-eee-eee-eally (Hi Shashonna!) no more ridiculous than what happened today.

Fortunately it looks like there's going to be an investigation, by the LA city attorney, and it looks like Paris' happy ass is going to end up back in jail perhaps as early as tomorrow. It also looks like Sheriff Lee Baco is going to get it one way or another. The buck appears to have stopped with him, and guess what happens to elected public officials that COMPLETELY piss off the public?

Paris might still get to serve out her time in the comfort of a fucking mansion, but the next young heiress that specializes in lying on her back or getting on her knees and providing no meaningful contribution to society isn't likely to be so lucky.

I appreciate that you're being somewhat of a realist about what happened today, but you should still be able to call a spade a spade. It was a fucking travesty of justice, it was wrong, and with any luck it won't stand.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Truly a worth homage. Bravo!

p.s. Is Coxian a good adjective?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

noel wrote: It was a fucking travesty of justice
Yeah, I don't agree. So, it makes sense for you and others to wish me harm. I consider a travesty of justice a rapist or child molestor being allowed out early for good behavior, or out ever at all. I don't consider her worthy of my disdain or concern. I haven't given up, I just prioritize better than you.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

You don't though. The law is the law is the law. It doesn't change based on who it's applied to, and just because it's not a rape, murder, or genocide, doesn't mean it still isn't a crime, and there still isn't a punishment associated with it. In this case, there was a crime committed, there was a punishment associated, there was a trial, there was a verdict, there was a sentence, and now that whole judicial process is being made a mockery of.

When an individual is using influence, political pressure, money, or power to affect the way the law applies to them, that by definition is a travesty of justice. It's also potentially a crime in itself.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

You're Wrong.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm not wrong. Rich powerful people live under a different set of rules. You can chose not to acknowledge I guess, but it doesn't amke it go away. They always have and they always will. I don't think it is right, but I'm adult enough to recognize it for what it is. You, obviously, are not. You stomp your feet and pout about how it isn't right, for the rest of your life and see where it gets you. Prioritize and maybe you can make or see a difference.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Yeah, prioritize the big picture...
en kærlighed småkager
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Christina, you just don't get it.

I don't pout and stomp my feet about anything. Like it or not, there's a process and she's not rich enough or powerful enough to stop it. It's already underway and I'm looking forward to watching her get what she deserves.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

noel wrote:Christina, you just don't get it.

I don't pout and stomp my feet about anything. Like it or not, there's a process and she's not rich enough or powerful enough to stop it. It's already underway and I'm looking forward to watching her get what she deserves.
Hilarious.. you gotta quit the Dr. Cox thing though before I end up reading the boards while scrubs is on and get confused.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

If you're complacent in the fact that the rich live under a different set of rules then I pity you. Perhaps it is you believe that you are older and wiser, but it sounds to me like you've just stopped caring. That's not prioritizing in my opinion it is just giving up. Voicing outrage about anything and everything that pisses you off is not only a right but in my opinion a duty of every American. It seems a lot of the attitude you are conveying in this thread can be applied to a lot of the politics, IE the build up to the war where no one really asked any questions we just sat there and let it all go. Perpetuating this system where the rich are going to continue to be set to a new standard is ABSOLUTELY not something we should just sit back and let slide. It perpetuates racism. It's back handed and indirect, but in the long run it boils down to racism.

Systematic flaws in our justice system, as well as a myriad of other areas of politics and society (I really should just say everything) often favor whiteness and white people. That is tantamount to saying the rich in this society.

Listen, I know she's a dumb fucking slut, and it really sickens me to see Larry King devoting 90% or more of his show to such a worthless sack of flesh (and salene-nice new tata's P-Hizzy!) when there are so many more important issues and questions that we need to examine as a country, as a society, but when viewed in the framework of how a rich person is given justice versus a poor black man in the same circumstances is as Noel said wrong wrong wrong wrong.

And don't give me any of that economics bull shit. You're placing a monetary value on human life. Do you understand how fucked up that is? Do we let Bill Gates go on a bat-shit insane kill-crazy death spree at a elementary school swim meet because he's richer than Jesus?

Maybe if we thought about the amount of tax payer money that is being misallocated because of her team of hot shot lawyer's excessive litigation you could construe allowing the rich to flaunt the justice system like this as a disservice to all of us. Yeah that's what it is. There should be some law where after a rich person is continually found guilty in excessive litigation that they have to pay for all court costs including lawyers fees for prosecutors, judges, court reporters, the cops in the court etc. It's not probable and most likey impossible but one can wish. Hit em hard in the pocket book, they can take the punches!
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:I'm not wrong. Rich powerful people live under a different set of rules. You can chose not to acknowledge I guess, but it doesn't amke it go away. They always have and they always will. I don't think it is right, but I'm adult enough to recognize it for what it is. You, obviously, are not. You stomp your feet and pout about how it isn't right, for the rest of your life and see where it gets you. Prioritize and maybe you can make or see a difference.
There's a difference between knowing that is the case and actively condoning it you feckless twat.

You'd also be so sanguine if a "rich, powerful person" was buggering your child? Historically they got away with that too. Hell, in reality they get away with it now, so I have to assume that's A-OK with Mr Big Reality Picture Man.

Fucktard.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

If it came to a rich person getting away with assraping his kid, I think Midnyte's soapbox would deteriorate faster than Paris Hilton's mental condition did in that jail cell. But since the probability of that is so minuscule he is content with letting it happen to others. That is the quintessential vice of modern America, that complacency and apathy dominate the political landscape because the average American takes everything they have for granted. To that I say, congrats Midnyte, you are an average American.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.