Most Fun Raid/Clearing

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

Early Fear and Hate as well.

Remember being late for work on a 13 hour Corpse Recovery in Fear. We had to wait for the Japan gulds to log on and save our ass.

I have never seen more giving of user names and passwords before or since then. Hackers dream run.

Finally got rezzed, rezzed the others (that were logged in) and went to work sleepless and stinky.

Good Times.

Oh, and watching Voronwe get Dt'd every 15 minutes was a hoot.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

Seebs wrote: Oh, and watching Voronwe get Dt'd every 15 minutes was a hoot.
Everyone loves watching rangers get DT'ed!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

I remeber a PD hate raid where entirely TOO many people were playing alts to snag gear... No shamans present to buff, and everyone low level... I still didnt get any warrior armor.
Sick Balls!
Wonko Wenusberg
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Wonko Wenusberg »

ToV except Dozekaaargh, Sleepers and old planes. Almost everything before Luclin.

edit: And killing Tunare, but only fun once :P
cweeedit cwuunch
Baracus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Baracus »

Fear and Hate breaks.
Five trouts in a trout box! - Wonko
Baracus Asshat
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

I loved everything pre-VT. VT and parts of POP killed EQ for me. During VT I got into the habit of afk 75% of the time and just coming back to cast slows on all the mobs I could when they were wearing off. I just got bored with EQ. That zone was so fucking boring, Jesus Christ.

My favorite raid zone had to be TOV though. I LOVE TOV. Is it possible for any of the dragons there to be soloed yet? With all of the AAs and crazy armor now, it seems like some of them should be...Flurry Drakes might cause problems though.

I liked Ssra a lot too actually. It was boring sometimes, but I loved Emperor and Rhag's \ Cursed.

Also, yeah, I agree. What made EQ was the competition. Even if I had been completely addicted still up through the end of POP, I think all the instancing would have killed it for me. I loved the rush of going up against another guild or 2 and beating them to it. Sucked when you got fucked over though.
Aneron
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Aneron »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote: Is it possible for any of the dragons there to be soloed yet? With all of the AAs and crazy armor now, it seems like some of them should be...Flurry Drakes might cause problems though.
More then likely they are. I know I can solo just about all the dragons out in WW (I haven't found some of the bigger ones up, i.e. Sonti). And i'm not even highend GoD geared. I'm a Paladin btw.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Aneron wrote:
Asheran Mojomaster wrote: Is it possible for any of the dragons there to be soloed yet? With all of the AAs and crazy armor now, it seems like some of them should be...Flurry Drakes might cause problems though.
More then likely they are. I know I can solo just about all the dragons out in WW (I haven't found some of the bigger ones up, i.e. Sonti). And i'm not even highend GoD geared. I'm a Paladin btw.
Haha, damn. I was able to do that in Luclin, all of the non-AE nest dragons + one of the gorges and some of the wandering ones. I was a Shaman with like 2 or 3 clickies and epic \ jbb to do free dmg if I needed though. I'm sure a fucking warrior or rogue could solo some or maybe all of them now though, with the right equip.

I'd like to come back to EQ for a few days with a fully decked out 70 shaman with a bunch of AA and try to see what I could do. The 2nd shaman epic has clickie, half second cast quiescence doesnt it?
Aneron
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Aneron »

I hadn't even tried untill recently, it was always too big of a pain in the ass to get out there and get back to the world, so not sure when I would have been able to pull it off. The problem with a Paladin is the lack of DPS. When I did try I could rip up all of the ones I could find up, right after another (including those in the gorge). But as I said I haven't been able to find Sonti up, I would like to give him a shot and see how it goes. Who knows if I can't find a group at some point this weekend I might run into ToV and see how it goes.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

I did a lot of dragon stomping in WW and ToV with the SK. all the new gear and veteran aa's make soloing easy peasy in those zones.
Sick Balls!
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

My favorite raids were killing fire giants and nagafen or trying to get as far as you can in sky plane before kunark came out. other then that i liked racing for mobs or in the case of legion/ixtlan steamrolling over them.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Naala Momokitty Raid Assassin of PD Meow Meow
Naala the Breeder in Ted Club
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Nilaman wrote:
Seebs wrote: Oh, and watching Voronwe get Dt'd every 15 minutes was a hoot.
Everyone loves watching rangers get DT'ed!
what was more fun was watching Bards get DT'd just for singing.

What was even better was the first time i saw a monk in Fear in a Robe of the Whistling Fist (had bard song as an effect). We had broken and gotten to the west wall, and he's got his macro going and some mob comes to camp (i dont remember how the agro passing works anymore - probably toad passing to underground phantasm), anyway...

Cazic Thule says "QUONG!!"

hhaahaha that was awesome. Incoming 30 Amygdalan Warriors. weee!!!

Or camping out thinking you've cleared agro, and your first cleric logs back in, a monk stands up, and cleric gets DT. Pure awesome.

My favorites:
Fear - purely awesome. Hate was also pretty fun too. The fact that there was a real risk of wipes and beyond that extremely difficult recovery made the sense of accomplishment fantastic when you finally got it down and could operate like a machine.

Trakanon - shear terror running around that big ass rock with a truly badass mob waiting to wipe your raid out.

Chardok Royals (once they fixed the super bad pathing/warping shit)

Rallos Zek - excellently constructed raid. Dynamic event, challenging, and best of all, not a monster time crunch (ie NToV).

---

LOL momo. i like how that time you spawned the Statue of Rallos Zek :p
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Whistling Fist was self only. So I guess I'm just confused!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:Whistling Fist was self only. So I guess I'm just confused!
go learn to play a monk! :p
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

i would prefer to believe it was the bardsong effect that got him smited.

but i'm confused like you as well, why would a self only bardsong trigger agro any differently than anything else....probably doesnt. probably was a coincidence.

now all my days played were a waste ....
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Fucking bards would kill the entire raid with bardsong.

SHARED AGRO BITCHES! That shit would spread faster than vaginal warts out of Kyoukan's mouth.

Raids or best memories?

Fighting from entrance of Skyshrine all the way to Lord Yelinak, without knowing what the hell was at the end, no maps, no spoilers.... with 3 other people.

Trying to get the Jboots to drop from Najena, with Xkesman. Got 2 pair within 10 minutes, after waiting HOURS and HOURS.

Best raids were NToV, when we had it all to ourselves.

Veeshan Peak - start to finish in under 2 hours, Killing "moonman" before anyone knew what he was, getting absurd loot drops till they nerfed him.... making him unpullable.... watching FoH sploit him with that BFG gun and "push" him into a corner with no mob spawns to make the encounter trivial....

watching FoH sploit Dain, by getting him stuck at the bottom of the well to avoid rampage and his adds....

watching FoH try to sploit King Tranx and wipe, while we pulled him to zone and killed him without a death. ...

laughing at the FoH "rescue crew" who came to save some guild in Dragon Necropolis, but wiped when trying to fight the Dragon, we came in and killed it so they could CR safely.

.... My most memorable raid, being suspended from the game because some guildmates pulled off some "illegal shit". Forcing me to logon to another clerics account and finish the raid as a female character.

... most hated moments, when Tarrus would show up late, and high from smoking weed. Walking around ahead of the puller, thinking his shitty ass rogue stealth will work against a Dragon and pulls the fucker into the raid early... but we still win.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

NToV and Dain were my favorites. Don't know why, I didn't do jack shit as an enchanter but rune.

My biggest regret is never getting to do PoP raids. The closest I got was doing the maze in PoN.
Kryshade
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kryshade »

Like so many others, I'd have to say TOV was my favorite.

I really enjoyed PoTime. It was a lot of fun, drops were plentiful and it was nothing but boss mobs (for the most part).

Hate raids were awesome, I remember praying for a Shattered Emerald of Corruption to drop. I don't think I got Earthcaller until I was lvl 70 and we made a nostalgic run at Inny and I got the stone there.

I hated PoFear. Dunno why, never liked it. The adrenaline of the break-in was fun, but I remember doing one of those ALL night CR's and getting zero sleep having to go to work the next day. I was sooooo thankful I got my corpse back though!

Some of my best memories are from E. Karana hunting lions and running from the cyclops. Practicing fletching while my RL shammy buddy was medding up. I was still in the noob stage and the world seemed so huge at that time.

Ssra was fun just for the competition/steamroll aspect.

VT sucked ass... boooooring!

There are times when I really miss playing a MMORPG. :(
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

Breaking fear was one of my favorite things. Plain of Air was insane hard for the time too was exciting getting that hastly thing for momo from the keeper of souls horse guy.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Naala Momokitty Raid Assassin of PD Meow Meow
Naala the Breeder in Ted Club
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Vetiria wrote:NToV and Dain were my favorites. Don't know why, I didn't do jack shit as an enchanter but rune.

My biggest regret is never getting to do PoP raids. The closest I got was doing the maze in PoN.
Almost me exactly.. I regret that I retired before getting the chance to do PoP raids. Caught up on a few when I came back, but never did them all. PoTime was fun, and like ToV I never got bored of it. ToV was much more fun though - but probably because I was pulling instead of sitting in one spot for hours. Plane of Hate was always my favorite zone. Guiding was probably the most fun all around - especially getting to senior guide and having (at the time) all the extra powers. Standing at the FP gates turning into various races and shrinking/growing people was a good time. I pity the guides these days and how limited they are. Running events was a blast, except for the assholes who only wanted to know what dropped.. not what story we were trying to get across.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

You memories of velious are clearly deluded, Xan.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

miir wrote:You memories of velious are clearly deluded, Xan.
You don't think that?!
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Xanupox »

Mirr and K-Y, thank you for remaining my loyal bitches...

Your posts, as always, reinforce my arguments beyond anything I could convey by my words alone.

With love,
Your fat cock,
Xanupox
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I didn't see defeating Mecha-Cazic on your list of accomplishments, Xan.

oh wait
Fuck Michigan!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

A fun clearing that comes to mind was when we cleared the northern grassy area of Northern Desert of Ro from Armadillos.

The armadillos started to become a pest so we cleared the area around the inn to the north, at point 1 at first and began with point 2 when we got a bit more courageous.

Ah, the memories.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Xanupox »

Zamtuk wrote:I didn't see defeating Mecha-Cazic on your list of accomplishments, Xan.

oh wait
Thanks for the reminder... yeah it suprised us the first try, but once we figured out why no buffs would stick on him and why he was hitting 50% faster, we we adjusted by showing him a pic of Kyoukans pimply ass and he couldnt stop ROFLing, he was then an easy kill.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

wow such a master of insults.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

"pimply ass" sure takes the cake! :twisted:

How will Kyo recover from this mindshattering insult?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

I always loved crawls through Chardok as far as smaller groups/raids go.

I'd have to say ToV for large raids.

I also enjoyed Veeshan's Peak because pulling there was a great rush and just being in there was satisfying, even though the loot was mostly crap(no idea what the revamped shit is like). Sleeper's Tomb was also fun just to be inside it- loved the mystique of the dungeon and the story surrounding it.

Off the top of my head I'd say my least favorite were Tunare raids. The only time I ever remotely enjoyed that was when I got invited by FoH pretty early on in Velious when they needed an extra bard. Getting a direct invite from Furor was exciting for me back then :P. Think I was about 17 at the time.
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Xanupox »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:"pimply ass" sure takes the cake! :twisted:

How will Kyo recover from this mindshattering insult?
She could deny the shear number of them???

Final Question for Ky...

Just how many white pustules does your lesbian dominatrix have to suck out of your ass before she pukes up the shit, that you lick off her cum covered latex boots?

My guess is no less than 5.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

For christ's sake you pathetic retard will you just shut up? Your attention whoring is beyond dull. Legion were so far ahead of CT in accomplishment and respect it's not even a valid comparison.

We get it. You like to pretend you were the big bad wolf of Veeshan and everyone hated and feared you but secretly respected you and wanted to be you. We get it. If it works for you, that's great. No matter how laughably wrong it is.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I wonder how sad and tragic my life would have to be, that I would consider my delusions of a time spent playing an online game to be my 'golden years.'
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Until the day I quit EQ for the first time (late velious), CT was a laughing stock.

Sure they did manage to successfully zerg some valious encounters after farming POG for months, but they were still the biggest joke on veeshan.
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Xanupox »

I'll cut you losers some slack this time.

Next fucker that talks shit about CT or the raw power of the 'pox, gets a MOAB dropped on thier fucking moms house... k?

Ill fucking do it, you fuckers... my air force buddies are itching for another hit.... we aint heard from krurk for a reason... k?

You fuckers better learn your limits... and FAST!
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

You're a fucking idiot.
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Xanupox »

Vetiria wrote:You're a fucking idiot.
Fuck, u.. Chicago is going to melt and side into Missouri for that remark you fuck.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Xan was solely responsible for the joke of a reputation CT had on Veeshan.

After he left, the guild started gaining some respect and people started realising that not everyone in CT was a retard.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Xanupox wrote:I'll cut you losers some slack this time.

Next fucker that talks shit about CT or the raw power of the 'pox, gets a MOAB dropped on thier fucking moms house... k?

Ill fucking do it, you fuckers... my air force buddies are itching for another hit.... we aint heard from krurk for a reason... k?

Shut your fucking face uncle fucker!
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Siji wrote:
Xanupox wrote:I'll cut you losers some slack this time.

Shut your fucking face uncle fucker!

Xanupox Fucked your uncle?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

miir wrote:After he left, the guild started gaining some respect and people started realising that not everyone in CT was a retard.
Haha. Riiiight.

Oh wait, you were being serious?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Thess leading CT brought them a lot more successes and a lot more respect is what I heard. I had already quit playing when Xan was still gimping around trying to figure out how to get passed that big dragon in front of TOV.
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Xan brought a zillion more successes raid wise to CT than I ever did.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Yeah, but as you didn't suck all your strats from FoH whilst hiding in vases and what not, your successes are more respectable.
Fuck Michigan!
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Best raid I was on was the day after Kunark, or maybe two days.... I was an App to KoE and they were twinking newbies out of Lguk... it was still "leet".... I showed up and they had all of their top peeps there.... Togashi was mezzing... rizz was tanking.... zelfani was healing hammerstupid and killerrain (hehe :p) were killing stuff. Atokal was healing also... and they were complaining that there werent enough mobs in the zone to keep them busy. Well, I fixed that. KoE was camped at Exe, and they were pulling magi, hand, ass and whoever it was that dropped the sash (cant remember).

I shouted "Live side to Dead side!!" and went invis.... I also had some undead invis potions to get me through dead side... I pulled the zoneline from liveside and everything inbetween, I had the mino pat, gargs and even the lord down there in the Exe room, I wiped 30 or 40 KoE.... That was my best raid memory of EQ... other than that... I ran a few Naggy/Vox raids.... and some great AoE stuff.... but thats my highlight from EQ.
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

yeah, I was there on my Necro fooling around. The worst part was that your "pull" showed up just as we pulled as well! It was funny how nobody in the zone believed you when you announced the "camp report."