Blizzard Contacts? Help!

WoW Discussion
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Blizzard Contacts? Help!

Post by Marbus »

About a year and a half ago I started playing EQ2 after being in the WoW beta and playing for about 8 months. I kept my account active though until about a year ago then go tired of paying it each month since I was already paying for 2 EQ2 accounts.

Since BC came out I have thought about reactivating my account to play but haddn't made a firm decision yet. Then late last week I got an email from Blizzard saying that my account had been banned.

Odd since it haddn't been active in a year, I spoke with Billing and they said the account was reopend in Jan then quickly banned and if it wasn't me they could verify that and not to worry. However since then I have experienced nothing but BS from "account administration." I can't even really find out what they think in did. All I can guess is that they think I sold the account, which I didn't. Hell I still have my EQ1 account. I had a really good password as well so I'm not sure how it was stolen but that is my only guess. However I'm not getting anywhere with Blizzard.

I use to play those characters when Ian was first born and I don't want to lose them. You guys know me, is there anyone with a pesonal friend who works at Blizzard or anyone who works there who could get me some contact information to help me get this issue resolved? You can PM me here or email me at marbus@gmail.com, any help would truly and greatly be appreciated.

Marb
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

When your account is banned they usually provide a reason. Copy/Paste the email?

If youre talking to account admin they must be telling you SOMETHING about why it was banned. Just repeat everything theyre telling you

If its due to contested ownership you can reclaim the account as long as you have the original CD sleeve (or manual, whichever) with your auth key on it.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

This is a notification regarding your World of Warcraft account. Access
> > to this account has been permanently disabled for exploitation of the
> World
> > of Warcraft economy or for being associated to accounts which have been
> > closed for intended exploitation. While we try to be as lenient as
> possible
> > in our assessments of the results of exploitation investigations,
> > reoccurring trends in exploitative endeavors on your account have
> ultimately
> > resulted in account closure.
Here is what they said initially...
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Sounds like gold farmers were involved. Do you frequent the WoW forums much? There were some keyloggers going around them for a while, but if you never logged into your account, I don't see how that could have given them access to it...
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Sounds like someone got banned!

I was banned from WoW once for using a speedhack when I was level 12 lol. I convinced Blizzard it wasnt me!! LAWL. Anyway, at the time I didnt think I was really going to actually play the game.

I slowly started getting more and more into it, right... However my account was on 'final warning', since was actually banned once. Blizzard says they will never ever reverse thier decision once someones account has been closed.

I forgot all about that shit, then out of the blue 7 months later, many epic chars later... on another server I made a character with a stupid name. I got a name violation and that was enough to push my account from 'final warning' to BANNED 4-EVER.

Needless to say, fuck it. WoW sucks and if you were doing something to get the account banned, just suck it up and press on. If you were careless with your account then suck it up and press on.... obviously there was nothing on the account you didnt already give up, so just start a new one.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Xanupox wrote:Sounds like someone got banned!

I was banned from WoW once for using a speedhack when I was level 12 lol. I convinced Blizzard it wasnt me!! LAWL. Anyway, at the time I didnt think I was really going to actually play the game.

I slowly started getting more and more into it, right... However my account was on 'final warning', since was actually banned once. Blizzard says they will never ever reverse thier decision once someones account has been closed.

I forgot all about that shit, then out of the blue 7 months later, many epic chars later... on another server I made a character with a stupid name. I got a name violation and that was enough to push my account from 'final warning' to BANNED 4-EVER.

Needless to say, fuck it. WoW sucks and if you were doing something to get the account banned, just suck it up and press on. If you were careless with your account then suck it up and press on.... obviously there was nothing on the account you didnt already give up, so just start a new one.
So does it suck because you got caught doing something stupid, or does it suck for unrelated reasons?
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

If it really sucked so much, why did you keep on playing in the first place?

Not until after the final ban did you come to the conclusion that it sucked? :D

Sounds like someone is just bitter! :twisted:
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Well as I said in my post, I have not done anything wrong and more importatnly the account wasn't even active at the time. Hell if I had done something I would just admit it... if you get caught you get caught, but it's the principle of the fact that I didn't do anything that is pissing me off.

Marb
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Sucked for me for the following reasons.

Wow Sucks and Fucks the Sucks.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

wowo sx so bad eq2 for life gfay in the ouse
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

*~*stragi*~* wrote:wowo sx so bad eq2 for life gfay in the ouse
Stargi get on teh batfone and fix Marbus up with account reactivation!

p.s. sup, Stragi