What packs (Expansion/Adventure) are worth it for a soloist?

Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

What packs (Expansion/Adventure) are worth it for a soloist?

Post by Lalanae »

I've been casually playing EQ2 lately and wonder if any of the adventure packs and/or expansion packs offer enough solo content to be worth buying? They all say they have something for soloists, but nothing specific.

My bruiser is only level 23, so not looking for any real high level content. I have a couple lower level characters I play around with too.

I also don't want "they are all great!" responses. I want to know whih ones are the best, 1 or 2 at max. I don't want to invest very much in it since I don't play that often (or for that long).
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Wait and buy the retail copy of EoF in less than 2 weeks. It will include all expansions released to date (don't think it will include the APs). As for APs...they aren't really geared toward soloing. You need a group for the majority of the content.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Clearly the answer is to play the original EQ on Luclin!
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Well get EoF but also get Splitpaw if you are in your 20s. While it's not the CRAZY exp it was when it was released it's still good exp and there is solo content. With a bruiser you will do great there and get a good exp and decent loot. I personally don't have Bloodlines but it's my understanding that is mostly group. I leveled my guardian from 23-29 almost totally in Splitpaw and would pop in from time to time with my monk as well if I needed to completed a level as I knew I could get about 12% off of an Arena Solo killing the champion... since bruisers kick even more ass than monks, you will enjoy it.

The only thing is that there will be a ton of new content in EoF as well. However I would buy splitpaw nontheless, I mean it's only like $5 or something and the storyline alone is worth that IMHO.

Marb
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

As already mentioned, the retail box of EOF will have all the expansion packs (plus the original game) and will be out on the 14th. So definately pick that up. Price will be around $40.

The only adventure pack worth picking up for a soloer is Splitpaw.
Bloodlines is pretty much crap.
Fallen Dynasty has a bit of solo content but it's basically geared for level 60-70 players.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

You could probably do with just forgetting Splitpaw as well. There's plenty of content to deal with in just the normal levelling zones, especially if you're playing very casually. Getting EoF will probably be worth it as has been stated for the bargain, plus you get the ability to earn achievement points and EoF has 1-70 content.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

whats EOF
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Echoes of Faydwer. Basically re-opens Faydwer, with a new race, the Fae. They're completely terrible in my opinion, as are the quests themed around them. The rest of the continent is ok, but I was never much of a Faydwer fan.
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

You'll definately want to get EoF. It's entirely new content that you can level up in and never even have to visit Qeynos Harbor (old world zones) if you don't want to. The graphics are really nice, tons of quests and the new race, The Fae, are really neat too. I'll dig around for some screenshots from beta and see if I can't overload the bandwith :D
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Lynnsie if you guys are going to trash MM or something one night give me a shout, I would love to join you guys for some fun (usually on Dalana - Necro but have others there as well).

Marb
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Will do if we have room, we're usually jam packed full on beta raid nights. Mistmoore has been bugged a lot, and Emerald Halls is getting a complete revamp with everything from itemization, named, trash, etc. They are doing a lot of fixing with a week left before release, I seriously doubt this game will be ready. And btw, I am sick with the Flu so the screenshots may be slow coming but I'll get to em for those who may be interested.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Yea I tried to solo with my Necro in EH... did ok for oh... say... 3 MOBs, heh.

Marb