Official expansion release date announced

WoW Discussion
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Official expansion release date announced

Post by Sargeras »

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4050&sid=1
IRVINE, Calif. -- Blizzard Entertainment® today announced that the release date for World of Warcraft®: The Burning Crusade™, the highly anticipated expansion for World of Warcraft, will be in January 2007. By adding a few extra weeks to the development cycle beyond its original target date, Blizzard will be able to extend the closed beta test and further refine the new content that will ship with the game.

“We appreciate the enthusiasm surrounding World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, and we’re excited about putting the finishing touches on all of the new content,” said Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We feel confident that the extra time spent polishing the game will result in the high-quality experience that our players expect and deserve.”

Blizzard began the closed-beta phase of testing on World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade earlier this month. The January 2007 release window will allow extra time for current beta testers to participate in the final stages of development and continue providing valuable feedback.

Further information on specific worldwide release dates, pricing, and other details will be announced in the near future.
ROFL! I called that! ^^
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I think Cadalano called it first here!

Missing the christmas season isn't so good, not that they still won't be bringing in obscene amounts of money in sales.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

i dunno that many players would wait until they recieved it as a christmas gift.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I heard they will be releasing the new talent trees as well as the BC honor system in 1.13 to tide us over until the release of the expansion.

That would allow a player to still spend 51 points at lvl 60, opening up the top tier talents int the respective trees. It's better than nothing I guess.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I've also heard that they're putting in the changes that will kill decursive. Enjoy trying to farm current raid instances without that.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Yes, I believe they are doing away with decursive.

the horror.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Have you ever tried to decurse on Chrommy without that addon?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Skogen wrote:Yes, I believe they are doing away with decursive.

the horror.
Yup. Client-side passive targeting is being disabled in the new API.

It's going to screw Decursive and many other addons as well.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I heard they will be releasing the new talent trees as well as the BC honor system in 1.13 to tide us over until the release of the expansion.

That would allow a player to still spend 51 points at lvl 60, opening up the top tier talents int the respective trees. It's better than nothing I guess.
yup

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 9&sid=1#71
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

The loss of decursive and the change to 25 man raiding teams means players will have to rethink strategies and come up with new techniques for beating mobs. Frankly, I like it. Those add ons were mandatory for raiding; now that they were be disabled, players will have to become even better at what they do in order to succeed at raids. The level increase won't hurt, but this will change the dynamics of raiding quite a bit. Any game that changes things around and keeps players guessing and constantly shifting to create new strategies is a game that is doing well in my book.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Sargeras wrote:

the horror.

yeah, like healing.

mother fuck.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Truant wrote:
Sargeras wrote:

the horror.

yeah, like healing.

mother fuck.
Umm... do you use the "hit hotkeyed-heal to light-up-cursor, and click unitframe/character"? Because that still works.

I always click the unitframe/character first, then hit my hotkeyed heals.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

This is Blizzard we're talking about. You hardly qualify as Nostradamus by predicting that they'll miss the holiday season by a few weeks.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Sargeras wrote:
Truant wrote:
Sargeras wrote:

the horror.

yeah, like healing.

mother fuck.
Umm... do you use the "hit hotkeyed-heal to light-up-cursor, and click unitframe/character"? Because that still works.

I always click the unitframe/character first, then hit my hotkeyed heals.
depends on what I'm doing. During the most crazy of circumstances, i have a hotkey, that automatically finds the member of my group or raid with the lowest health, calculates what rank of which spell is most efficient, and sends it.
This is generally during instances or just absolutely mayhem type fights. Being expected to provide DPS, decursing, as well as back-up (or primary heal) at the same time would be an absolute bitch without this. Looks like I need to pick up some speed and work on my twitch.