Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

They've officially fucked up Megatron.

Post by Animalor »

There's a special place in hell reserved especially for Michael Bay.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Yeah the face pic you posted is like his... 'Battle Face' or something. He has a regular one too...

Idiotic.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Fucking stupid. Looks like the Predator. Who the fuck makes these decisions?
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

He has changed a bit during the years eh?

It seems there is a new style of toys comin' out with this movie and they feel that in 2006, it's time for a more spacey alien-look.

No more blocky refridgerator-look like we had on the Formers in our childhood!

Imagine though, if HR Giger were to design the new Transformers! :D

He ain't THAT different though is he? :D

ImageImage

Early Megatron
ImageImage
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I don't even give that much of a shit and I think it is gay.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Sigh.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

£10 says they introduce "LoLatron" the witty hip-for-the-kids Transformer always up to hyjinks and Jar-Jar Binks-ing his way into successfully fighting any deceptacon.

God i hope people like this die.
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Withefel
No Stars!

Post by Withefel »

WTF is up w/ him turning into a jet? Megatron turns into a big ass gun other decepticons can use and blow things all to hell. He's not a jet like OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of the others! :twisted:
Akanae
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Akanae »

those pictures make baby Jesus cry.
WOW - Eewy priest of Cenarius
EQ- Akanae Tendo officer of OTB ~retired~
COH - Akanae Empathy Defender on Pinnacle ~retired~
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Withefel wrote:WTF is up w/ him turning into a jet? Megatron turns into a big ass gun other decepticons can use and blow things all to hell. He's not a jet like OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of the others! :twisted:
They thought turning into a flying jet would make more sense.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

no way I thing it would look great if he magically shrunk down to gun size when he transformed so someone else could weild him.

the only reason megatron was a gun is because that is the only japanese toy hasbro could find that was roughly the same size as optimus prime. it is not like they are pissing all over sacred transformers canon.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I see no problem with them changing so that megatron now turns into a jet instead of a gun.

What concerns me though is that most of the autobots transform into landbased automobiles while the majority of the decepticons (and now even their beloved leader) can turn into flying vehicles.

From a strategic point of view, i see many more advantages for the decepticons.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

That's pretty much the way it always was for the Autobots/Decepticons Kwon.

I could do without the flames all over Optimus Prime, but the Bumblebee I saw looked pretty awesome.

I have less of a problem with Megatron not being a gun than I do with the model they currently have not looking particularly good. Just my humble opinion...
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I think they'll probably have to really mess this script up Masters of the Universe (or whatever the live-action He Man movie was... I saw it when I was like 10) style for me not to enjoy it.

I could care less about them "fucking up Megatron", the original Transformers Movie did that well enough.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

noel wrote:That's pretty much the way it always was for the Autobots/Decepticons Kwon.

I could do without the flames all over Optimus Prime, but the Bumblebee I saw looked pretty awesome.

I have less of a problem with Megatron not being a gun than I do with the model they currently have not looking particularly good. Just my humble opinion...
Well, he has a more streamlined alien look now, which actually makes him look pretty alien (from another planet), and not so blocky like all robots/mechs from human technology were portrayed in the 80's! :D

I see no problem, just regard this movie to be in the Ultimate Transformers-Universe! :)

I would have liked to see that fellow Shockwave in the movie though.

Since he also transformed into a gun back in the day, he could now be a flying saucer instead in the movie! :twisted:
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

noel wrote:I have less of a problem with Megatron not being a gun than I do with the model they currently have not looking particularly good. Just my humble opinion...
This is my particular issue too. What he transforms into I could care well. A gun would frankly be stupid in this context(and let's face it a gun was stupid in the original context as well. Even in the BeastWars/Beast Machine versions, he transformed into diff. stuff but at least when you looked at him in robot mode, he still looked like Megatron, kinda like Optimus always looks like Optimus.

I usually have no problems adapting to creative visions for a character but this is a complete overhaul of the character to the point where he's no longer recognisable. That's where I feel they went wrong.

Hopefully the whole organic thing works out better in the final product than it does in these production shots.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Would you be interested in hosting the Internet's premier combination Transformers/Lord of the Rings message board? I would be glad to be a moderator.
- Ash
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I kinda liked when Unicron ate Megatron and shit out Galvatron. If he's not a gun, he should be a big goddamn cannon or something.

HOW ELSE CAN YOU EXPLAIN HIS 10 RATING FOR FIREPOWER?!?!?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

masteen wrote:HOW ELSE CAN YOU EXPLAIN HIS 10 RATING FOR FIREPOWER?!?!?
he now dual weilds mac-10's in slow motion
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

jerry bruckheimer is producing?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

yeah so they will need a transformer that transforms into a humvee for the jerry bruckheimer hummer chase scene.

and it has to crash through at least one fruit stand.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

There could be a drinking game based on how many helicopter camera, 360 degree rotations they do in a JB film...

And yes, there is a Humvee. So, if you were kidding, well, I don't know what to say to that :P
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I can't see how this will be an interesting movie at all, but I have not had the chance to read the script yet...I see 'big budget borefest' in the future, but maybe....never know
en kærlighed småkager
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Fairweather Pure wrote:And yes, there is a Humvee. So, if you were kidding, well, I don't know what to say to that :P
I didn't know. It was pretty much guaranteed though.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Surely having a sort of semi-blocky transformer makes more sense. I mean jesus, he must have about a million tiny parts all put together, (all bloody sharp youll note). What about all the joints and cracks!? If he falls into some sand you just know he isnt getting it all out any time soon, itll itch terrbily and score that lovely chrome look he has going on.

I dunno..kids today...
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I live at near the end of the 210 freeway addition. While it is being extended they have filmed several shows and movies on the part not open to the public yet. I have seen Fear Factor a couple times and some other productions.

This week their has been more vehicles then I have ever seen for production. They shut down a couple of working lanes in the regular freeway to accomodate the production and today I found out it is

TRANSFORMERS

They are blowing up tons of cars on the freeway every day. Starting to attract a nice audience on the overpasses. Have not seen much, but I thought it was a strange coincidence and if you live in So Cal and want to watch just take the 210 to the end of the freeway and you will be able to park go to an overpass and watch.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tyek wrote: They are blowing up tons of cars on the freeway every day. Starting to attract a nice audience on the overpasses. Have not seen much, but I thought it was a strange coincidence and if you live in So Cal and want to watch just take the 210 to the end of the freeway and you will be able to park go to an overpass and watch.
Sounds like the Autobots are on the losing end then, with all the exploding cars! :twisted:
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---