Shameless Promotion

Cars, Autos, Horseless Carriage, Wheeled Buggy -- whatever you want to call them. Talk about them here!
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Shameless Promotion

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

If anyone thinks they are in the market for a Honda this is the month to do it. Honda sometimes goes crazy and puts dealer cash on cars, 9 out of 10 times it's like $500 on one car... this month they went bonkers.

Accord Sedan $750
Accord Coupe $1000
Elements- $500
Odyssey $500
CRV $750
Ridgelines $2000
Pilots $2000

This is a month to push some metal and decrease inventories, Honda formula is simple, take the msrp minus 10% and pay that less the aboove dealer cash and you get the best deal ever. If you buy a pilot or a ridgeline Honda has put employee bonus spins for selling them, ask the salesman for an extra free fillup or something, if he is good he'll get to 3rd tier on spins (every one 6+) and be making an extra 600 a unit, free gas is the least he can do. And for everyone shopping for any car... buy over the internets, you can thank me later.

FYI A base pilot right now sells for 22,237...
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Talac
No Stars!

Post by Talac »

I've actually been thinking about getting an accord sedan for the last week or two... Also looking at the G6 sedan since its a bit cheaper.
[65 Storm Warden] Talac <Legacy of Virtues>
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Talac wrote:I've actually been thinking about getting an accord sedan for the last week or two... Also looking at the G6 sedan since its a bit cheaper.
V6 accord without nav but the EX should run about $23,650

Jefferson
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Talac wrote:I've actually been thinking about getting an accord sedan for the last week or two... Also looking at the G6 sedan since its a bit cheaper.
Regardless of cost, I would think getting an Accord over a G6 would be a no-brainer.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Talac
No Stars!

Post by Talac »

If I can come up with the cash the Accord will definately be my first pick. G6 is just another option.
[65 Storm Warden] Talac <Legacy of Virtues>
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I noticed there is no money on the civics! :P However I'm trying to sell my car then will have to buy a new one. As I said in another post I can get a SE Altima 2.5 for like $16K but would probably rather have an Accord (or possibly a Civic - I can actually get my fat arse in them).

What should I look to pay for a Special Edition Accord?

Thanks!
Marb

PS - Pherr you are Bay Area correct? I'm in Arkansas which is a LONG way away or would just give you a shout... if I'm mistaken and you are closer please let me know.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

I am in california but no worries, I have the best pricing in nor cal (I have customers driving 3 hours to buy cars off me) so I am giving my really aggressive figures. Civics right now have an almost negative inventory hence no money on them (same with the fit), plus that whole car of the year thing... doesn't help matters. An SE accord auto is 18,762.64 and a stick is 17,937.44 (LX in both cases is like 600 less)

Jefferson
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Well if I can get one for close to 19K or below it's probably worth the difference to get the Honda. Thanks man!
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

My honda dealer told me the dealer cash wasn't for his area, is he full of shit? (Arkansas) the sales guy, didn't talk to the manager.

Marb
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

pretty damn sure he is chock full of crap, don't talk to anyone but an internet salesman... ever... unless you like being raped

Jefferson
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I requested a quote over the Internet for one of the Honda places in Little Rock, I'll see what they come back with. The place here in Conway is suppose to have "special pricing" for the people who work for my company since it's right across the street but the guy didn't know anything about it... I told him to work me up a price and call me in the morning. I'll compare when I get to work.

Thinking of a Red Special Edition... but still considering an EX Civic, drove one today... felt like driving a jet, very fun little car.

Marb
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

The civic is so very hot right now it is absurd. We have 2... just 2, not the 50 we should...

Jefferson
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

If the seats in the CRV were as comfortable as the ones in the Rav4 I'd probably stick with the Honda line, but as is typical for Honda (same in my Civic and non-leather Accords) the seats are uncomfortable and hard. The Toyota's are always very comfy. And that ghey ass parking brake in the CRV.. bleh.

And what's up with Honda's assinine radio / dash design decisions? Put an aftermarket radio into the Civic and you can't read the face with the slightest bit of sun outside due to the angle of the dash/radio. And the Accord? Last I checked, you can't even put an aftermarket radio in this car because *EVERYTHING* is integrated into that one big ass screen. (And the tinker toy knob is ghey too)

Silly, stupid stuff.. but if you're into having nice after market sound - they're annoyances that will aggrivate you daily.
Waran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Waran

Post by Waran »

From what I understand, Metra makes a new kit that integrates the dash buttons completely of the new style Accords. It's not cheap. (When kits normally are around $10-30 max, this one is around $100) but you don't lose any functionality on the Accord dash. (i.e. air controls)

Metra 99-7864 is the kit I think that you want to take a look at. http://www.metraonline.com has the info on it.

http://www.metraonline.com/_assets/manu ... 9-7864.pdf

I absolutely can attest that the angle of the Civic dash causes huge sun glare on my Alpine aftermarket radio where I can't see the screen. Not sure if the Accord will do the same. Doesn't look like from the picture that it's that big of an angle.

Hope this was helpful :) I'll be getting an Accord next year, loved my Civic and have not had any issues with service or anything.
Waran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Waran

Post by Waran »

Siji wrote:And the Accord? Last I checked, you can't even put an aftermarket radio in this car because *EVERYTHING* is integrated into that one big ass screen. (And the tinker toy knob is ghey too)
Yeah that big ass screen is a limitatiton to aftermarket anything. The kit I described doesn't help you in that department :)

Guess I'll have to spring for XM and Ipod connection from Honda and sell off my Alpine stuff when the time comes.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

thankfully the crv is being blown up after this year and redesigned, that is one tired little suv-ish thing

Jefferson
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Be Honest how do you like the Ridgeline?
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

For 90% of the people it is more truck then they need. The look is something I am not sure I will ever get used to but it does drive better then any 1/2 ton out there. No body roll, to twist to the fram and a far better suspension, far more safety standard then any truck on the road. If it wasn't for the funky side view I'd say it's the best choice for a 1/2 ton (I do sell GMC trucks as well, so I do know a thing or two about pickumups). The new Leer cap makes it look sooooo much better, much <3 for Leer for making a cap that makes that truck look a world better.

Jefferson
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Pherr the Dorf wrote:For 90% of the people it is more truck then they need. The look is something I am not sure I will ever get used to but it does drive better then any 1/2 ton out there. No body roll, to twist to the fram and a far better suspension, far more safety standard then any truck on the road. If it wasn't for the funky side view I'd say it's the best choice for a 1/2 ton (I do sell GMC trucks as well, so I do know a thing or two about pickumups). The new Leer cap makes it look sooooo much better, much <3 for Leer for making a cap that makes that truck look a world better.
Thank you Ive been looking at trucks for a while and I keep looking at the Honda mostly due to price.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

np Cart, lemme know when you are getting ready to pull the trigger and I will tell you what promotions Honda has going on and what you should expect to pay (just lemme know what trim level)

Jefferson
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I bought a white Civic EX sedan for ~$19,000 2 weeks ago. No navigation, but it's still a good deal on a very sweet little auto.

Let me tell you how nice it is to NOT be driving my dad's old pickup around.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

That's a decent price considering the supply, I don't have a civic to sell currently

Jefferson
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

That's a nice ride Masteen! I almost bought one but my wife thought it was a little too small and low to the ground for the whole family. Which I didn't really understand since we have a freakin' minivan but oh well.

I ended up getting an Altima 2.5 S with the Special Edition package and allow wheels for $17,300. With Pherr's help I got the Honda place down to $19,300 for a Special Ed Accord but like you the Civic was a no budge item at almost the exact same price as the Accord. Personally I think I liked the Civic best of all, it was the ONLY one I could fit in with a Sun roof in it. But when the Nissan place came down $2000 more on the Altima it was something I couldn't pass up. If it had of just been me choosing I probably would have gotten the Civic, I just felt like I was in Top Gun or something while driving that thing, VERY FUN.

I know you are going to love it... AND the gas mileage :)

Grats!
Marb