For Thess (Champion Race Horse Cloned)

What do you think about the world?
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

For Thess (Champion Race Horse Cloned)

Post by nobody »

I thought you would find this interesting. I was about to post it in the sports section but thought this had potential for debate.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=676429
CREMONA, Italy Apr 16, 2005 — Italian scientists have reported cloning a horse for the second time, a new foal created from the DNA of a throroughbred Arabian gelding that was twice world endurance champion
interesting side note:
The Italian scientists used DNA from skin cells taken from the former champion, employing the same technique used in cloning Dolly the sheep in Britain. Dolly was euthanized in 2003 after she contracted a common livestock disease and her cells showed signs of premature aging.
I personally don't see anything wrong with cloning as long as it's used for good and not evil. But, this could be argued that it isn't fair as far as competition goes.

discuss
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

how is it not fair?
some people cant afford to buy a 12 million horse, and there 2 thousand dollar horse cant win any races...dont see how this scenario is any different
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
valryte
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by valryte »

If I paid 12 mil for a champion horse, if you want to clone it, it better fucking cost you 12 mil to clone!
When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Interesting!