Bugs / annoying crap

Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Bugs / annoying crap

Post by Bojangels »

What's some stuff about EQ2 that is buggy or annoying? Here's my list!

-When I log on, sometimes it takes me to the screen where it starts to load zone files, then a window pops up that says "Login Rejected: Invalid password" or some crap, and exits the game completely. Sometimes if I wait a few minutes and try again it'll let me on, sometimes I have to go to the station and reset my pw.

-When I look at my groups Quest Journals, sometimes it doesn't show everyones, or it shows people who aren't in the group anymore, or it shows that someone has no quests at all. Also, sometimes my Journal Window helper thing blacks out and I can't see my own quest.

-Mobs warping. Sometimes I'll be root nuking a mob and it'll just pop on top of me, and if I move it keeps doing it, even if it's mezzed or rooted.

-Sometimes we'll be fighting mobs and they just dissapear or respawn.

-Debuffs stacking. If a mob is debuffed / rooted / mezzed, and you or someone else debuffs / roots / mezzes it, whichever one wears off first cancels both out. This makes it a pain to chain stuns or silence, or mez multiple mobs.

-Zone instancing. Good idea I suppose with how crowded the zones are, but I went LD in Thundering Steppes last night and when I came back I was in a different instance as my group and I couldn't get back in theirs. They all had to camp out to get to mine, and one guy kept getting put back in the same one so he lost out on a group. Same thing happened in Edgewater Drains, zoned out, back in, half the group is in a different instance. When we zone into EW it didn't even give us a choice of which one we wanted to go to.

-In dungeons, mobs dissapear into the walls sometimes, and if you don't have a pet class you have to camp or zone to get out of combat mode.

-wtf is the point of sitting?

-Mod rods, do they have a re-use timer? Sometimes when I right click it there's just no 'Use' option. If there's a timer how bout letting us see it, or a message or something.

-Remember when you picked your characters colors at the beginning? Wtf was that all aboot? I tried to make my guys armor white and he's all orange and shit. And why can't we change it, or our characters hairstyles?

I think my list was longer the first time I typed this out but I hit preview and it errored out and I lost it. :-x Anyone have anything to add?
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Re: Bugs / annoying crap

Post by Lynnsie »

Bojangels wrote:What's some stuff about EQ2 that is buggy or annoying? Here's my list!

-When I log on, sometimes it takes me to the screen where it starts to load zone files, then a window pops up that says "Login Rejected: Invalid password" or some crap, and exits the game completely. Sometimes if I wait a few minutes and try again it'll let me on, sometimes I have to go to the station and reset my pw.

-When I look at my groups Quest Journals, sometimes it doesn't show everyones, or it shows people who aren't in the group anymore, or it shows that someone has no quests at all. Also, sometimes my Journal Window helper thing blacks out and I can't see my own quest.

-Mobs warping. Sometimes I'll be root nuking a mob and it'll just pop on top of me, and if I move it keeps doing it, even if it's mezzed or rooted.

-Sometimes we'll be fighting mobs and they just dissapear or respawn.

-Debuffs stacking. If a mob is debuffed / rooted / mezzed, and you or someone else debuffs / roots / mezzes it, whichever one wears off first cancels both out. This makes it a pain to chain stuns or silence, or mez multiple mobs.

-Zone instancing. Good idea I suppose with how crowded the zones are, but I went LD in Thundering Steppes last night and when I came back I was in a different instance as my group and I couldn't get back in theirs. They all had to camp out to get to mine, and one guy kept getting put back in the same one so he lost out on a group. Same thing happened in Edgewater Drains, zoned out, back in, half the group is in a different instance. When we zone into EW it didn't even give us a choice of which one we wanted to go to.

-In dungeons, mobs dissapear into the walls sometimes, and if you don't have a pet class you have to camp or zone to get out of combat mode.

-wtf is the point of sitting?

-Mod rods, do they have a re-use timer? Sometimes when I right click it there's just no 'Use' option. If there's a timer how bout letting us see it, or a message or something.

-Remember when you picked your characters colors at the beginning? Wtf was that all aboot? I tried to make my guys armor white and he's all orange and shit. And why can't we change it, or our characters hairstyles?

I think my list was longer the first time I typed this out but I hit preview and it errored out and I lost it. :-x Anyone have anything to add?
The mod rods that conjurers give dont have a reuse time, I think its just another thing that Sony forgot to fix in the middle of their morning head session... If you just close your inventory and reopen it and right click the mod shard it will give u the option to use and equip it to your activatable slot.

I get the same error sometimes logging in that you mentioned: Invalid Login Password Rejected.. even though I know its the right password and the shift key isnt stuck and the caps lock isnt on.. sometimes I have to re-sign in like 3 times before it lets me completely through to character select.

The most annoying thing that is happening to me though in the middle of groups, particuarly in dungeons and indoor zones like RoV, is we will be in the middle of a fight, and my whole system locks up, the lil hourglass thing pops up on my mouse and then the game crashes and I get a Runtime error or some stupid Direct X error : E out of memory......

My computer is big and nice and there is no reason that I should be locking up...I have 2 gigs of ram and 3.4 processor, my vid card is an Nvidia I think and has like 256 mb ram on it... So it's not like I am running a crappy system. I notice it the most when I have an Illusionist or Coercer in group that when they cast spells I really get lag problems. Most of the times I have to go Old EQ style and look at a damn wall while im casting debuffs and healing my group and stuff... I have heard some people say Permafrost has a memory leak, so I dont know if that is the problem or its something else. If anyone knows about direct x crap and could help me out with the whole E- out of memory thing, I would really appreciate it. Would it help to go back and uninstall directx and reinstall it again? Or would that be a waste of my time........
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

I can attest to the mem leak, seems to be caused by zoning.
Had the same problem in EQ1, so maybe it's just an issue with Dell comps.. that doesn't happen in any other game...
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

I have 2 annoyances right now. Theyre game design not bugs though.

First is the 6 day waiting period to get back into Nek Castle once you kill the Sisters. 6 days! Sucks

Second is the quest journal can only hold 50 quests. I need more space!!

and Ive had that instance problem where you cant into same instance as your group. That one does suck. Ive only had the problem in Crypt of Betrayal though.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

First is the 6 day waiting period to get back into Nek Castle once you kill the Sisters. 6 days! Sucks

Second is the quest journal can only hold 50 quests. I need more space!!
Agree with both. Nektropos Castle was a fan-fucking-tastic zone though. Awesome fun :) Can't wait to go back.

Also can't wait to go back to Deathfist Citadel. Completed the access quest and had our first visit yesterday with a group of 30-32s :)
Sneaking past the L40 mobs outside was rather exciting. Once inside you're down to ~L36 mobs as far as we got before accidentally getting slaughtered very very quickly :)
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Deathfist Citadel you say? Care to spill the start for this one? I have not heard about it on the boards or from the people we have been playing with.

BTW.....let me spin you a yarn about how we got locked out of Nek Castle for 8 hours one lovely night.

Homer there hates to fight those dogs for some reason, so he wants me to smuggle us past them and begin in the hallways past them. Not a problem with that, as rarely does anything see through Freeboot with Adept 1. However, curious dorf that he is, he cannot resist attempting to harvest the "?" in the middle of the room and promptly breaks the smuggle and agroes every dog. Soooooo.......we got chased right out of the zone after being inside for a whopping minute and a half. Tip of the night.....don't harvest while invised!
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

Hell, I'm not a rogue. I didnt know picking up a ? would break smuggle.

Tanc, sounds like youve gotten pretty far in Nek Castle. Do you have to kill the sisters again once youve been shut out for a week? Do you retain door access or are they all locked again? Does the sword that opens the bookcase get reset or does it remain in place? Whats the maximum level for that zone? Can you be too high level to complete the zone or Haddens Earring? Have you killed Archfiend Izzeroth? (He made me go splat once.)

Many questions on what we'll have to redo after the lockout.
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

(1) Secondary chat window not retaining chat options
(2) Recipes that require ingredients that are higher level to make than the combine i.e. I can make gin and tonic, but it requires gin which I cannot make.
(3) 50 slot quest journal and like 70 collection quests.
(4) Too many clothes on nekkid female characters! Want to see blue inky chick bubble butts!
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Deathfist Citadel is in Zek. The "Operation Greenhood" quest is the access quest. There are a couple of annoying names to camp otherwise it's ok. It's instanced and seems to need some figgerin-out like Nektro does. We won't wipe out the same way next time we go ;)

I've only done Nektro castle once and we completed it. ArchFiend fuckface (i reckon) is triggered only if you do the daughters out of order. He jumped us, wiped half the party then bugged out and stopped attacking so we were able to continue :) Frankly a L45^^^ mob in a level 30-35 dungeon seems a bit out of place, hence my theory.
There seem to be multiple story lines in the castle though and I've only completed one. I have no idea whether it preserves your progress over multiple visits but my guess would be no.
Took us about 8 hours to get all the way to the bottom. THe daughters section is about half way through :)
Total fucking blast of a zone though. Excellent scripting, lots of very fun stuff to do and get caught out by. Not to mention fantastic loot and exp.
BTW The Ghost Mastery book is in there so don't forget to pick it up on your travels.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

ANd i have no idea about level caps but i doubt you'll ever get too high other than it being all grey and pointless going. So I hope the Hadden quest doesnt require a chest drop. NFI about Hadden quest though - where does it start pls :)
I'm an evil freeporter so donno about this good good side stuff.

Oh btw, outside Deathfist Citadel there's an Orc called "Trainer something-orcy" who gives you a heritage quest for a shield ;)

Edit: As info, and to wave my e-penis a little more, the group we did Nektro then DC-access with comprised 30 Necro(me), 30 Defiler, 31 Warden, 31 Coercer, 32 Inquisitor, 32 SK. The only problems caused by rogue-lack were finding named mobs and the 1400pt Deadly Traps ><
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

Hadden Quest starts on the docks in Thundering Steppes. We're at the stage where we need to kill Lord Everling.

Our last forray into the Castle we had a group of 4. 30 Guardian, 32 Templar, 29 Swashbuckler, and 35 Ranger. We got careless late into the night and got killed in the basement by 10 beetles.

Izzeroth popped on us in Deidres room. After he slaughtered me, we learned that he is a stationary mob with little to no aggro range. I can literally run between his legs without drawing aggro. (benefits of a dorf)
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

our e-penii >>>> Tanc !!!1!
Fyredragn
No Stars!

Post by Fyredragn »

http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/quests/OperationGreenHood.php

for deathfist citadel access quest start
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

our e-penii >>>> Tanc !!!1!
Get back to me when you finish Nek Castle and have Deathfist Citadel access, n00bs! :)
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Hadden Quest starts on the docks in Thundering Steppes
Which docks? The Nek/Zek docks? Who do I talk to? :)
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Burke
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Burke »

Quote:
Hadden Quest starts on the docks in Thundering Steppes

Which docks? The Nek/Zek docks? Who do I talk to?
The Thundering Steppes docks. Behind the first building on the left. He is on the NE corner.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

We will have Deathfist Cit access tonight. We would have had it last night, but our cleric logged on way late and we had to redo several steps for him. Nek castle will be done Friday....but we need to make sure the Hadden's quest is done up to Lord Everling so we can gain mass guild exp!