AQ: Is it worth it?

Dondo
No Stars!

AQ: Is it worth it?

Post by Dondo »

Well I've been busting my balls all week completing all the parts for the Armor Quests (just finished 6). I was with a good group, so after we wrapped up AQ6 we zoned into the Ruins of Varsoon. After 10 minutes of fighting trash near zone in, several chests with better armor than AQ rewards dropped.

Which makes me wonder, a bit.
<B>Dondo</B>
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

I'd be more disappointed if AQ was the best stuff you could get 25-30 ...
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

It's a hell of a lot easier to do the armor quests than to either wait for drops or buy comparable armor.

Close to 32 and I'm still wearing the AQ arms.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

are there better armors, sure, is the 5 and 6 rewards pretty dang nice, yep, and if you started them early, each of the quests is a quest you get exp while doing.
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

The Crusaders in SH are annoying due to their hal-bugged-half-not spawn pattern. However, with the help of a lovely lady and some other random people, I have finially completed AQ3 after three weeks..
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Definitely worth it. You end up with a matching set of armor, you get great exps for completion, you get great exps while completing tasks, you learn the zones you are sent to. All around worthwhile. I can't wait to start the grind for level 30 armor.
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

I can't stand them. They are such a huge time sink. If I didn't have to do AQ's I'd be 30 before most people finished AQ4, and starting on the level 30 AQ's.

Not to mention - just save up like 20 gold or so, and just buy the same or better armor on the brokers. Its way easier and it gives you a nice leveling boost 'till about 24, that's where most people have theirs done. After that you can just go to varsoon and equip yourself and get rad XP at the same time.
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

I imagine that there will be an armor quest 7,8,9 down the road that requires 1-6.

Would hate to do that bullshit again when everything is grey.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Atleast it'd take like 2 hours when it's all grey.
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Chmee »

I have mostly enjoyed doing them, and the armor is nice. I am on AQ6 at the moment. Appearance wise though, the monk quest armor sucks :P (at least on a human male, the female versions I have seen looked a bit better) so I will probably wear something else for the most part.
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
Llaffer
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Llaffer »

Where can I find information on armor quests, and when is a good time to start them?
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

20 is a good time to start. Just go to the message boards at http://www.eq2players.com and search.
Llaffer
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Llaffer »

Ahh - I'm still 14, so will be a while before I'm ready to start.
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Chmee »

20 is the also the minimum level you can start. Quest giver won't give the quest before then.
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

at 27 i still use full AQ armor (besides gloves)...from a qeynos standpoint its all easy stuff except aq3 can cause some trouble

its pretty much the best gear you can get until lvl 30s...yet im not to anxious to find replacements, i was more worried about saving a place for my feysteels in the bank =)

also for everyone new to EL...do Sir Tatters quest...idl take like 10 mins with 3 people and you get a nice ass ring along with another quest!
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

I wonder how nice the other AQ are going to be... I just finished AQ6 on my warden and I am so glad I am done with that PoS... Though I know someone who went to Runnyeye and got the quest for the BP there, I am pretty sure its the AQ one but I could be wrong...200 goblins to be slain.. plus God only knows what else. I guess it all just depends on what you want out of gear, but I just went ahead and did AQ and spend my money that I make from tradeskills and drops from group on stuff that doesn't get covered in many quests. Ran across a few quests recently tho that give me nice ass loot that I cant wear yet, like the quest in EL from that scarecrow guy for the Band of Essence...nice ring.