Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

StarWars: 7, 8, 9 a possibility?

Post by Akaran_D »

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainmen ... =yy5xzy5zx
Lucas to make more Star Wars?

21/08/2004 - 22:18:27

Star Wars creator George Lucas could be poised to make three sequels to the original space opera trilogy, according to insiders at Lucasfilm.

According to fan site Theforce.net, employees at Lucas's company Industrial Light and Magic have all been made to sign non-disclosure agreements to promise not to talk about the possibility of episode's seven, eight and nine being made.

Now industry insiders are predicting the director will make the follow-ups, which pick up where 1983's Return of the Jedi left off, despite insisting he would never be lured into filming them.

A posting on the site says, "You didn't hear this from me, but you might be curious as to why everyone at ILM just signed NDA's saying that they will not discuss Star Wars episodes 7, 8, or 9.

"Since they're not being made, why the NDA's? Of course, since when has Lucas been consistent?"

Get your FREE Ringtones, Java Games & Colour Logos from IOL 's NEW My Mobile site

Entertainment News | Messageboards | Print Version | Email to friend | Previous Page

© Thomas Crosbie Media, 2004.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It's been known a long time that there were 9 total episodes. We can only hope that they are half the movies episodes 4 and 5 were.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

I don't think George Lucas will live long enough to do three more movies. He takes so long to do one. Of course if he did die then maybe someone would actually make a good movie.
Deward
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

My thoughts as well... :D Also, if George kicks it, maybe someone will come up with a reasonable time frame as well! I would welcome a follow-up to the original trilogy, although casting would be very very difficult considering the global-familiarity with the original cast.

However, the novels that Timothy Zahn wrote (Heir to the Empire) were fantastic... :)
en kærlighed småkager
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I hope they are cartoons!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

My childhood called and said: Thanks, but no thanks George.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

There is no way that Harrison Ford will play Han Solo again.

Given that and Lucas' asstastic casting ability, I'd rather not see these get done until George dies. Hopefully by choking to death on his own ego and greed. :evil:
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

If George kicks it perhaps Paul WS Anderson and M. Night Shyamalan together could create Star Wars 7-9. :lol:

A combination of Aliens VS Predator / The Village / Star Wars! :twisted:
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

masteen wrote:There is no way that Harrison Ford will play Han Solo again.
I dunno.. when was the last time you saw him in a film that wasn't worse than a week long bout of the hershey squirts?
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Siji wrote:
I dunno.. when was the last time you saw him in a film that wasn't worse than a week long bout of the hershey squirts?
Air Force One didn't completely suck ass, so 1997.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Yes, it did. Well maybe not completely, just 99% sucked ass.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Kwon, die pls.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Siji wrote:
He clearly said in an interview years ago that he would not play in another star wars movie, but he would be happy to do another indiana jones movie.

I don't have sources or anything...but I remember it well.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Truant wrote:He clearly said in an interview years ago that he would not play in another star wars movie, but he would be happy to do another indiana jones movie.
Money talks louder than outdated personal statements.. Either way, I don't forsee him (or any of the originals) being able to do sequels unless they're set fairly far into the future. By that point in the SW universe, Han is wearing depends and Leia is banging the galactic pool boy. Luke meanwhile has discovered masterbation ala his robotic hand and the force and hasn't handled any lightsaber other than his own weenie in years. They'll likely make guest appearances just before the family reunion is blown to hell in the first 60 seconds of the movie, killing them all. Die! Die! Die! Then all the ewoks will come and start skull fucking all the remaining bodies. There'll be ewoks humping skulls and walking around the cantinas for days! Oh glory be! Go lil' ewok go! It's your birthday! Go ewok go! It's your birthday!

Party on.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Truant wrote:
Siji wrote:
He clearly said in an interview years ago that he would not play in another star wars movie, but he would be happy to do another indiana jones movie.

I don't have sources or anything...but I remember it well.

Indiana Jones series can afford to pay the main star 20 million while Star Wars can't as there are too many characters. Check the no name stars that showed up in the second and third Indiana Jones movies...Sean Connery was in one but that's back when he wasn't worth much at the beginning of his comeback.

I wouldn't want to see any of the original actors of Star Wars again in the follow up 6-9. The first three movies made are classics. 1-3 used bad actors or actors out of their specialty. Natalie Portman has done some decent things but she played an emotionless zombie in Star Wars. Comepare that to the firecracker personality of Carrie Fischer. It's a shame.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

I thought that Ewan McGregor did a great job in this series.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

McGregor did well for the crap he was given. The guy playing Palpatine was good too. And Jango. Jango was good!

If he for some fucked up reason does 7, 8, 9, I can only hope that he lets others help with the writing. I wouldn't mind seeing Mark Hamil in the movies *if* they're set in an appropriate time frame so that he'd look his age. He's still been active with the Star Wars franchise through his voice acting, so he'd probably be game. And no one try and brush off Hamil as some has been, he's still busy today, just mostly voice stuff (did you know he was the fucking Joker on the batman cartoon? blew my mind!)
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

I could see them doing another trilogy based in the Star Wars universe, but being a different story than the others. Heck, Knights of the Old Republic had better writing than the last two movies.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:If George kicks it perhaps Paul WS Anderson and M. Night Shyamalan together could create Star Wars 7-9. :lol:

If M night has any say in the script, Luke will wake up in the middle of Manhattan during the major Jedi fight and realize the entire series was just a dream. All the dark Jedi are his childhood friends and the Wookie was really his little sisters old haloween costume
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

(did you know he was the fucking Joker on the batman cartoon? blew my mind!)
Ya, I had a whole new opinion of him when I found that out. He did such a great job as the Joker.
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Hamill also did the voice for the main character in the Wing Commander video games and cartoon. Check out his voice credits on imdb.com, it's unreal how many things he's done voice for
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

1-3 used bad actors or actors out of their specialty.
The screenplays and scripts for those movies were atrocious.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Frankly, with all the decent Star Wars books that currently exist, there is plenty of material to build 7 - 9. That being said, I think it should have been left at 3 movies.

My personal vote would go for the Timothy Zahn trilogy or the series about Han, Leia, and their kids. And yeah. I probably misspelled Leia.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Xzion wrote:
Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:If George kicks it perhaps Paul WS Anderson and M. Night Shyamalan together could create Star Wars 7-9. :lol:

If M night has any say in the script, Luke will wake up in the middle of Manhattan during the major Jedi fight and realize the entire series was just a dream. All the dark Jedi are his childhood friends and the Wookie was really his little sisters old haloween costume
Probably! :D

Shamalyan really knows how to ruin a movie!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

M. Night Shamalamadingdong could ruin a fucking wet dream.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

what ruins them for me is you whispering in my ear.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

what ruins them for me is when I have to wake up at 5am and clean my fucking sheets.
Arundel Pajo
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: concreteeye

Post by Arundel Pajo »

Winnow wrote:It's been known a long time that there were 9 total episodes. We can only hope that they are half the movies episodes 4 and 5 were.
Hear, hear....and not the schlock that episodes 1 and 2 were...
Hawking - 80 Necromancer, AOC Mannannan server, TELoE
Also currently enjoying Left 4 Dead on XBL. :)