Release dates go Bump.

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Release dates go Bump.

Post by Akaran_D »

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/news ... ine&id=215

EverQuest II to Ship on November 8, 2004

SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT’S EVERQUEST® II SHIPPING NOVEMBER 8th
-The 800-Pound Gorilla of Online Gaming Is Ready to Play -

SAN DIEGO, CA – October 25, 2004 – Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online (MMO) gaming, today announced that EverQuest II is scheduled to simultaneously ship to North American and European retail stores on November 8, 2004. EverQuest II is the highly-anticipated follow-up to Sony Online Entertainment’s original EverQuest, the most successful and longest-running 3D MMO role-playing game in North America.

After more than four years in development, the wait for EverQuest II is almost over,” said John Smedley, president, Sony Online Entertainment. “We’ve invested heavily on development of the game to ensure that EverQuest II has the highest production values of any online game produced to date. We want to deliver a game to our players that will provide an experience like nothing they’ve ever seen.”

Sony Online Entertainment is delivering a truly groundbreaking MMO game in EverQuest II with pioneering firsts in advanced 3D graphics, story, voice, production values, and gameplay. EverQuest II features the most realistic graphics of any MMO game ever created with a next-generation 3D graphics engine designed to keep pace with hardware developed over the next few years. Players will hear more than 70,000 lines of spoken dialogue in EverQuest II as non-player characters are given voiceover for the first time ever in an MMO game bringing the story of EverQuest II to life. EverQuest II also features gameplay innovations that make EverQuest II fun and exciting for all types of players and play styles, from hardcore gamers, to new MMO players, to those who play in groups, and solo players.

EverQuest II comes in three versions, all of which include a 30-day subscription (excluding SOE All Access subscriptions) to the game’s online world. The CD version and DVD versions of the game carry an SRP of $49.99 and include the game, an in-game item and an in-box item.

Limited quantities of the EverQuest II Collector’s Edition (DVD) are available at an SRP of $89.99. The Collector’s Edition includes a number of in-game items, including “paintings” of EverQuest II scenery to be hung on the walls of a player’s house, magical talking statues of Antonia and Lucan (voiced by Hollywood talent Heather Graham and Christopher Lee), and an exclusive pet baby dragon. The Collector’s Edition also includes an exclusive art book, bonus DVD with trailers, gameplay videos and behind-the-scenes footage, a soundtrack CD, a collector’s coin with a velvet pouch, a cloth map of Norrath, and two posters.

EverQuest II carries a monthly subscription fee of $14.99 for continuing access to the game world. Players can subscribe using a credit card, or purchase SOE 30-day and 90-day Game Cards, which open the new world of Norrath to those who choose not to use a credit card.

About EverQuest II

EverQuest II is the next generation of massively multiplayer gaming, a huge online world where thousands of players come together for adventure and community. Featuring breathtaking graphics and a vast, beautiful game world to explore, as well as voices for almost all non-player characters, EverQuest II sets new standards in gameplay and immersion. EverQuest II brings players into its world with a powerful epic storyline and gives them the power to be the hero or villain in their personal adventure. Players enter this world by creating their own unique character, choosing from 16 races and 24 classes. Players will encounter hundreds of creatures as they travel across majestic landscapes of rolling hills, barren deserts, dense forests, and bustling cities. Thousands of items, hundreds of spells, and unlimited adventure await all who enter the world of EverQuest II. EverQuest II also features:

A new, massive online world for thousands of players to explore, filled with danger, adventure and mystery
Voices for most non-player characters (NPCs) in the game, a huge project encompassing more than 70,000 lines and 130 hours of dialog
Unparalleled character customization capabilities. In addition to thousands of armor, weapons and items users can equip, players will be able to customize their character’s facial appearance to an incredible level of detail and personalization
16 races, dozens of levels and 24 classes with a branching system that allows players to choose their class as they advance
Player-owned real estate (such as apartments, homes, and guild houses)
No race/class combination limitations, allowing players to truly choose who they want to be in game
New user friendly game mechanics with reduced learning curve for both new and seasoned players
More than 160 unique creature types, from Orcs and Goblins to huge dragons and menacing Living Statues
Incentives for current EverQuest subscribers
A state-of-the-art, cinematic quality 3D graphics engine capable of improving as hardware technology advances
State-of-the art combat, spell and skill systems
Trade skills available to all player classes

About Sony Online Entertainment

Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Digital Inc., is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with a subscriber base of over 750,000 active accounts around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchises, EverQuest® and PlanetSide®, as well as for developing Star Wars Galaxies™: An Empire Divided™, SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities while introducing new genres on various entertainment platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with an additional development studio in Austin, TX, SOE has an array of cutting-edge online games in development.

EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. SOE, the SOE logo and PlanetSide are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

My wallet is screaming in pain already, damnit!! Not yet! Hold it another week or two!
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

LOL I still can't decide between fighter and priest.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I get the feeling that the most common classes are going to be priest, fighter, and mage.

Has anyone ever really had too many clerical types?
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Hah.. you're joking right, especially after the introduction of all this new crap in beta they haven't even begun to test.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

No, I was in a group with 1 Fighter and all the rest of us were Clerics, we kicked a lot of ass due to the Fighter being full health all the time, and the clerics being able to help each other with heal aggro and nukes...and honestly, the occasional hammer swing. In EQ2, the healers can actually target a baddie, turn on attack, then switch targets to heal and still swing at the mob between casts.

I would be interested in seing the comparison between top end cleric nukes and top end wizard nukes. If it's anything like the comparison when EQ1 was released, there's no point in making a Mage.
Casting Ice Comet! Keep the mob busy for the next 12 minutes and pray it's not resisted...again! I'm trying to outnuke the Cleric.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Rellix wrote:Hah.. you're joking right, especially after the introduction of all this new crap in beta they haven't even begun to test.
It would be extremely uncharacteristic for them to release a "finished" game. Thats the number 1 reason why I won't be investing any money into this game. Plenty of people, however, appear to be willing to pay a monthly fee to be basically be a beta tester. Poor sad tools.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

*cough*Akaran*cough*

Personally I'd rather destroy my computer with a baseball bat rather than play EQ2 for free
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Who's the tool when an unfinished game > final product of another?

EQ2 = medium rare prime rib
WoW = overdone burnt roast
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

After seeing who is going to which game, I am realizing I made the right decision to do EQ 2.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

I've got money down, yes.
But I'm thinking about cancling my preorder for the time being - we just lot another MCA at work, putting us down for 3 salespeople for the entire department to cover 7 days a week AND it's closing in on Christmas time.

I'm afraid this week may be the last of my rare days off.

Aside from that, if my boss can find someone to hire before then, yeah, I'll be playing it. It just looks too fun even WITH the bugs not to. :)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

heck, you don't even have to switch targets to heal. The "autoassist" function makes a heal spell basically "bounce" to whomever has the mobs attention. It makes it a bit easier with my tank to keep healers alive when I lose aggro...toss a rune on them and then taunt again.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

don't say you want bugs until you experience the bugs akaran.. they suck ass
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

true, very true
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Winnow wrote:Who's the tool when an unfinished game > final product of another?

EQ2 = medium rare prime rib
WoW = overdone burnt roast
I almost wish I had played EQ2 so I could respond to this bullshit statement accurately.

Suffice to say, enjoy playing the #2 MMOG of the next generation.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

There is a WoW forum where you can let everyone know how much it roxx! A few of you are starting to sound like the true blizzard fan bois.....please don't bring that shit to this forum.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Have fun playing in kiddie land, Anim.
The rest of us will be happily playing adult games!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Akaran_D wrote:Have fun playing in kiddie land, Anim.
If playing an adult game means crunching experie for 10 months to get halfway to the level cap, sitting around for 5 hours just to start a raid where individual actions other than the clerics are inconsequential and developper releasing expansions where half the zones are not itemized. Then I'll happily stay in with WoW.
Kilmoll the Unappealing wrote:A few of you are starting to sound like the true blizzard fan bois

Very far from. I am very critical of Blizzard's performance and am not afraid to call bullshit on what I believe is bullshit. They have proven themselves in year I've played WoW as no nonsence and open to good ideas from players.

But hey. If you want to play a game where one of the priority things getting fixed 1 week before release is Fire Beetle Eye stacking, then more power to ya.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Animalor wrote:
Akaran_D wrote:Have fun playing in kiddie land, Anim.
If playing an adult game means crunching experie for 10 months to get halfway to the level cap, sitting around for 5 hours just to start a raid where individual actions other than the clerics are inconsequential and developper releasing expansions where half the zones are not itemized. Then I'll happily stay in with WoW.
Kilmoll the Unappealing wrote:A few of you are starting to sound like the true blizzard fan bois

Very far from. I am very critical of Blizzard's performance and am not afraid to call bullshit on what I believe is bullshit. They have proven themselves in year I've played WoW as no nonsence and open to good ideas from players.

But hey. If you want to play a game where one of the priority things getting fixed 1 week before release is Fire Beetle Eye stacking, then more power to ya.
I thought this thread was about EQ2....

I'm gonna give EQ2 a go. I haven't much interest in WoW.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Neost
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: neost
Wii Friend Code: neost

Post by Neost »

cancelled my pre-order. I had thoughts of upgrading my video card to an acceptable level to play the game. But why go to that extra expense when I can play WoW and probably be just as happy.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Ani: this is EQ2, not EQ1, and not a 'wow is better' thread.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

From some of the things I've read, a great many of the gameplay mechanics from EQ1 are still present in EQ2.

You're telling this isn't just EQ1 with a facelift and some new "features"?
Wonko Wenusberg
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Wonko Wenusberg »

EQ2 SUCKS, ok?
cweeedit cwuunch
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You know WoW sucks when the Blizzard fan boiz have to come over here and start flaming EQ2 to make themselves feel better! *

The few posts I've made in the WoW forums were very constructive!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Winnow wrote:You know WoW sucks when the Blizzard fan boiz have to come over here and start flaming EQ2 to make themselves feel better! *

Exposing my brain to you never makes me feel better.

I'm a Blizzard fanboi in the same way you're an EQ fanboi. Trying to somehow make yourself look better cause you play "Everquest" is laughable.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:
Winnow wrote:You know WoW sucks when the Blizzard fan boiz have to come over here and start flaming EQ2 to make themselves feel better! *

Exposing my brain to you never makes me feel better.

I'm a Blizzard fanboi in the same way you're an EQ fanboi. Trying to somehow make yourself look better cause you play "Everquest" is laughable.
Don't try that reverse psychology on me bitch! :twisted:
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Are they doing an open beta any time in the next week? I'd be interested to check it out, but I'm certainly not going to buy it without doing so.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy