Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Teresa Heinz

Post by Winnow »

I love the picture CNN used for the Teresa Heinz apology story:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/ ... index.html

Good work Voro! : )
(CNN) -- Teresa Heinz Kerry apologized Wednesday for telling USA Today that she was unsure if first lady Laura Bush had ever held a "real job."

Heinz Kerry said she was "sincerely sorry" for the remark.

"I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a schoolteacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children," Heinz Kerry said. "As someone who has been both a full time mom and full time in the workforce, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are. I appreciate and honor Mrs. Bush's service to the country as first lady, and am sincerely sorry I had not remembered her important work in the past."

In an interview published in USA Today Wednesday, Heinz Kerry was asked about the differences between the first lady and herself.

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good. But I don't know that she's ever had a real job -- I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."

She added, "And I'm older, and my validation of what I do and what I believe and my experience is a little bit bigger -- because I'm older, and I've had different experiences. And it's not a criticism of her. It's just, you know, what life is about."

Laura Bush earned a bachelor of science degree in education from Southern Methodist University in 1968 and a master of library science degree from the University of Texas in 1973. Between 1968 and 1977, she taught in public schools in Dallas and Houston and was a librarian in Austin.

Karen Hughes, a senior Bush campaign adviser, called Heinz Kerry's remarks "inappropriate."

"I think it's very nice that she apologized, but in some ways the apology almost made the comment worse because she seems to have forgotten that being a mother is a real job," Hughes told CNN. "I think it's just unfortunate to try to disparage women who have made the choice of making their families a priority."

Born in Mozambique, Heinz Kerry worked for the Trusteeship Council of the United Nations in the 1960s when she moved to the United States. She has also been the chairman of The Howard Heinz Endowment and the Heinz Family Philanthropies since her first husband, Sen. John Heinz, died in a plane crash in 1991.

Heinz Kerry has three sons and two step-daughters. The first lady has two daughters.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

She's a pig.

She was born into her money and she is nothing but a figure head at Heinz and she says that shit about Mrs. Bush? After Kerry loses, I hope the two of those assclowns pack their shit and head to France for good, never to darken our doorstep again.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

I completely agree with Midnyte.

Now let's go kill us some more sand niggers, k?
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:She's a pig.

She was born into her money and she is nothing but a figure head at Heinz and she says that shit about Mrs. Bush? After Kerry loses, I hope the two of those assclowns pack their shit and head to France for good, never to darken our doorstep again.

In September of last year, she was presented with the Albert Schweitzer Gold Medal for Humanitarianism, for her work protecting the environment, promoting health care and education and uplifting women and children throughout the world.

She speaks five languages and worked as a translator for the United Nations. This is a woman who works as the chairman of an organization that donates billions of dollars to charity in addition to her personal donations ($8 million last year, I believe?).

You are bashing a woman who has million of times more charity work in America than you because she is married to the "other guy" running for president; how classy of you.
[65 Storm Warden] Archeiron Leafstalker (Wood Elf) <Sovereign>RETIRED
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Vetiria wrote:I completely agree with Midnyte.

The goal is to try and only kill the terrorists no matter what color their skin or what lies on the ground beneath their feet. Please try not to continue to associate me with your bullshit labels and accusations of racism. Grow up child.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Damn Arch beat me too it :)

Marb
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I think she's a nice lady, for a silver-spoon.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Still, her original comment (which is what this thread is about?)wasn't very nice even if it was Laura Bush . At least she apologized though...

-=Lohrno
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

I'm voting for Kerry but that does not stop me from wreching everytime she speaks. I can't stand her.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
Vetiria wrote:I completely agree with Midnyte.

The goal is to try and only kill the terrorists no matter what color their skin or what lies on the ground beneath their feet. Please try not to continue to associate me with your bullshit labels and accusations of racism. Grow up child.
I think Midnyte is a threat to humanity. He could spoil the gene pool and should be exterminated immediately.

On a side note: I was behind a SUV-driving pizzadelivery person with temp plates while driving from work the other day. Made me think of Midnyte for some reason. Then I laughed.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

archeiron wrote:
This is a woman who works as the chairman of an organization that donates billions of dollars to charity in addition to her personal donations ($8 million last year, I believe?).
If she didn't give it away, it would have been taxed away anyway.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow wrote:
archeiron wrote:
This is a woman who works as the chairman of an organization that donates billions of dollars to charity in addition to her personal donations ($8 million last year, I believe?).
Exactly.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Ah I see so she is actually a bad person for giving to and working for charities. Makes perfect sense!
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Winnow wrote:
archeiron wrote:
Exactly.
Damn dude, you are so blindly partisan its disgusting.

If Laura or GW had the humanitarian accomplishments of teresa heinz you would jump all over it.
I dont agree with most of the shit she says, but i do admire the fact that she honestly does speak her mind, its a refreshing voice to hear opposed to the manufactured bullshit you hear from the bush/kerry campaigns
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

wow i'm going to have you guys do my taxes next year. maybe i'll get that middle class tax cut i hear so much about.

She has made some poorly worded statements on the campaign trail, and there is no other way to say it. She probably has cost Kerry some votes, the question is does she pick them up on the other side? In an election that can be decided by 500 votes, things this trivial can matter.

But for the most part, i think it is fodder for talk radio and the internet, just another day of cheerleading for or against your candidate,
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kelshara wrote:Ah I see so she is actually a bad person for giving to and working for charities. Makes perfect sense!
fluff job

Laura was a teacher for 10 years in the trenches, not attending tea partys.

Laura > Teresa
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Considering how horrible most teachers seem to be here...

Anyway, thanks a lot Voronwe that cheerleader comment gave me a mental image of Winnow, Midnyte, Sirton and Rekaar wearing chearleader outfits and pom-poms and cheering on Bush. I am scarred for life.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

She has under a 40% approval rating. This is by far the lowest for any prospective first lady.

Bush is attracting more of the female vote than anyone suspected and I believe this is in a large part due to her arrogance.

Seriously, running an organization because you have money is not something to brag about. She didnt make the money. . .it ain't hard to give it away.

She is a perfect picture of arrogance and an upper tier mentality that I would seriously hope sickens people. Either that or she is just so completely naive about politics because she has always had "yes" people following her around for her money. This, I think, can go to the head.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Kelshara wrote:Considering how horrible most teachers seem to be here...

Anyway, thanks a lot Voronwe that cheerleader comment gave me a mental image of Winnow, Midnyte, Sirton and Rekaar wearing chearleader outfits and pom-poms and cheering on Bush. I am scarred for life.
heh, you do know Bush was a male cheerleader in college right?

Im guessing the other male cheerleaders picking on him for his shitty lack of talent is the reason he hates gays so much today, kind of like hitler in art class!
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Winnow wrote:
Kelshara wrote:Ah I see so she is actually a bad person for giving to and working for charities. Makes perfect sense!
fluff job

Laura was a teacher for 10 years in the trenches, not attending tea partys.

Laura > Teresa
and edwards was raised dirt poor and managed to escape the cycle of poverty and become the first member of his family to graduate from college, now he dedicates his life to fighting for lower income americans, as he was one in the past while cheney was buisy being a fat, evil basterd hooking up two or three DUI's...

although this has nothing to do with my choice for president, as i vote 95% based soley on issues, it prooves that you will do anything to blindly support Bush

so winnow,you being the man that will less likely admit one of Bush's mistakes then bush himself will, how would you rate bush, and bush alone as a president?
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I'd rather that 8 million fund charity causes and not a baseless war.
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

This is a digustingly partisan view of two women. Both Lara Bush and Teresa Heinz have done great work for society in very different ways. This isn't a competition and one woman is most certainly not better than the other for their political affiliation.

Go back to bashing the candidates and leave their wives out of it.
[65 Storm Warden] Archeiron Leafstalker (Wood Elf) <Sovereign>RETIRED
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

funny how some of the traits that people abhor in Teresa, they give Bush a pass on.

particularly the part about being affluent.
Aruman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Aruman »

Xzion wrote: Damn dude, you are so blindly partisan its disgusting.
/blink
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

Approval rating for a first lady? ROFL. That's a stat I'll need to keep a close eye on!
There is not enough disk space available to delete this file, please delete some files to free up disk space.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Toshira wrote:Approval rating for a first lady? ROFL. That's a stat I'll need to keep a close eye on!
Indeed, hehe. Most of these polls need to go.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Good point Voronwe ](*,)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

particularly the part about being affluent
Scrolling by quickly, I tohught I read 'flatulent'.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Toshira wrote:Approval rating for a first lady? ROFL. That's a stat I'll need to keep a close eye on!
Serious question:

Why is the First Lady such a big deal to people? Do they really do anything all that important?
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Stragi wrote:
Serious question:

Why is the First Lady such a big deal to people? Do they really do anything all that important?
In 92 she was the president! < /Clinton Jokes >

-=Lohrno
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

hehe

I just don't understand why she is such an important factor in an election.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Stragi wrote:
Serious question:

In my opinion, they do nothing but serve as an idol of sorts. They tour the country supporting certain agendas and get support based on the sole fact they are the spouse of the president. I think it depends on the individual though. Whether they try and market themselves and make it appear they are somehow important. For example, Nancy Regan with her War against drugs thing and Hillary with her Healthcare thing.

They Spindoctors try and give recognition and credit for agendas when they truly have no power what so ever. They weren't elected, they just tagged along.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Stragi wrote:hehe

As far as that in concerned. I don't think they truly are important. Although, their actions can sometimes reflect upon who the candidate truly is. When you hear this cunt call people scumbags, and tell reporters to shove off, some might be turned off by her actions to her husband.

I'm sure some people who have had a relative die in a drunk driving accident, will not vote for Dubya because of what Laura was involved in when she was a kid.
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

Our culture still has a bias against outspoken women.

She says something that's wrong and gets criticized ten times worse than if a man said it.

She seems a little insulated from the world, but non the less SHE isn't running for office. People should leave her alone.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

As far as that in concerned. I don't think they truly are important. Although, their actions can sometimes reflect upon who the candidate truly is. When you hear this cunt call people scumbags, and tell reporters to shove off, some might be turned off by her actions to her husband.

I'm sure some people who have had a relative die in a drunk driving accident, will not vote for Dubya because of what Laura was involved in when she was a kid.
I can understand them being used to reflect the character of a candidate and such, but I believe they need to stop getting so much airtime. Writing off a potential candidate because his wife is a nutjob wench is a pretty poor reasoning imo.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Stragi wrote:

I can understand them being used to reflect the character of a candidate and such, but I believe they need to stop getting so much airtime. Writing off a potential candidate because his wife is a nutjob wench is a pretty poor reasoning imo.
I couldn't agree more.

It's no different than writing off a candidate over one single issue. The whole picture needs to be looked at when selecting a candidate. If you have pretty much written off a candidate and his wife turns out to be a lush, crass, silver spoon'd bitch....then maybe it's okay. :)
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

lol, too late to sway me! I voted a week ago :(
Arundel Pajo
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: concreteeye

Post by Arundel Pajo »

Problem is, both wives have both great deeds and bad deeds. I mean, Laura Bush killed a man. Bottom line is, they shouldn't get the airplay they get. IMO, the wives are a non-issue. The presidential race is enough of a catfight without them chipping in.
Hawking - 80 Necromancer, AOC Mannannan server, TELoE
Also currently enjoying Left 4 Dead on XBL. :)
Rekaar.
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Rekaar. »

If she wants to be left alone she shouldn't be speaking in rallys and giving interviews to USA Today...
Time makes more converts than reason. - Thomas Paine
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Rekaar. wrote:If she wants to be left alone she shouldn't be speaking in rallys and giving interviews to USA Today...
you are right on 2 levels.

they should keep her in a box until november 3rd!!!