I'm voting for Bush because...

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Winnow wrote:
Thess wrote:Kuwait was slant drilling for oil into Iraq
So? That jusifies invading a country, raping its women, stealing it's treasures, setting their oil fields on fire? Perhaps you should read:The Rape of Kuwait: The True Story of Iraqi Atrocities Against a Civilian Population

Slant drilling = August 8: Iraq announces that Kuwait has become its 19th province.
August 2, 1990, the day Iraq invaded Kuwait, will go down in the annals of Kuwaiti history as a black day. It was a day that shattered lives and the nation. It marked the beginning of over seven-month long occupation during which survival itself became a nightmarish ordeal.

International telephone lines were snapped. Local television and radio stations were taken over. Attempts to make contacts abroad involved the risk of capture and execution. Most information about conditions inside Kuwait came from those who had managed to flee the country and find refuge elsewhere. Their reports were chilling.

'Freedom', 'Civil Rights', 'Human Rights' -- were words that had lost their meaning. While waking up alive was reason enough to give thanks, it also meant not knowing what new horrors the day might bring. Those who left home did so with the knowledge that they might never return -- the entire city was crawling with snipers and landmines. Not that home provided a haven of safety and security. The Iraqi forces had the free run of the country. They barged into private homes to loot, plunder, torture, rape and execute at will. Any resistance was met with a merciless display of strength of superior numbers and weapons.

Water desalination and purification plants were destroyed. Food and water supplies to the Kuwaiti people were cut off as Saddam Hussein diverted them to his own armies. The ever-present possibility of chemical weapons attacks meant having to sew home-made gas masks.

As in any war, the children were the worst victims. Their world had changed overnight. The invasion and subsequent occupation of their tiny nation came as a bolt from the blue. Before the invasion, Kuwait's crime rate ranked among the lowest in the world. Now they were surrounded by images of death and destruction. Even the sun didn't seem to shine as before. The oil wells set afire by the Iraqis belched thick black smoke that clouded their lives like a bad dream they couldn't seem to wake up from. Sleep provided no respite, not with the constant raging of machine guns and tanks so perilously close.

The invaders gutted all that they could not kill or take with them. Parliamentary institutions, government buildings, the airport, major hotels, clubs, playgrounds and recreation centres were ransacked and destroyed. The beaches were used as arsenals for Iraqi arms. Some of the most fashionable residential suburbs were taken over by the Iraqi troops. Those that did not suit their purposes were torched. Even mosques and places of worship were not spared.
eh fuck'em they're just arabs. We should have stayed out of it...
Except for the oil thing we have done all the following in Iraq, not to the same extent, but that doesnt justify shit.

Because of Iraq there are more terrorist that hate america. Because of Iraq the "war on terror" took a major defeat.

We should have stayed in afghanistan, put the money we put into Iraq into Afghanistan, and hunted down Al Qaeda, not governments,
Of course, hunting down the real terrorist wouldnt offer as many big ass explotions and immidete results, it would take lots time,and effort
But of course, thats what Mccain, Gore or anyone else would have done.

If a president of a government tried to kill your father, and you had the perfict opportunity to take revenge, would you not do it? no matter at who's expense (800 american soldiers and thousands of innocent iraqis)
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Thess wrote:Actually going to war with Iraq to begin with was his biggest mistake in my opinion
That was the dumbest statement in the history of this board.

And yes that includes anything that Midnyte, Xzion, Sweetkastings, or even Searyx have ever posted.

I understand you have gained a liberal slant from having been around Karae, but it doesn't mean you have to become a dumbass. It was the U. Fucking N. that authorized the military action against Iraq the first time around. The United States happened to be a part of that U.N. and was of course footing the brunt of the forces. There were 25 other countries that supplied troops. The country that supplied the second most troops? Saudi Arabia. Suprisingly, the Saudis supplied more troops than the other 24 countries combined...including the Canadian and British pussies.

I guess that Sadam invading Kuwait because of "slant drilling" (which sounds like a code for taking a country over to flex your might and steal their oil) really didn't bother anyone other than George Bush. I guess 118,000 Saudis just figured they had nothing better to do that summer than go fight what was supposed to be the number 3 military power in the world. I am sure that the great white evil, G. Bush, Sr had such an influence on them that they wanted to die for him.

Get a fucking clue before you ever post something like that again.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

And to dumbass Xzion....do you even understand the concept that we are paying for their oil? Has anyone informed you that we are paying to rebuild their country? Did Iraq pay a single fucking galleon or whatever you Spanish fuckwits use to rebuild Kuwait? When was the last time the U.S. forces in this war were encouraged to break into Iraqi civilians houses to rape someone or torture them? You do realize that there is a shitstorm over some dumbass troops doing these acts and that they are in serious trouble for it?

Can you recognize the differences here or should we draw a picture with some crayola so you might see it in something a little more your speed?
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:
Thess wrote:Actually going to war with Iraq to begin with was his biggest mistake in my opinion

And yes that includes anything that Midnyte, Xzion, Sweetkastings, or even Searyx have ever posted.

I understand you have gained a liberal slant from having been around Karae, but it doesn't mean you have to become a dumbass. It was the U. Fucking N. that authorized the military action against Iraq the first time around. The United States happened to be a part of that U.N. and was of course footing the brunt of the forces. There were 25 other countries that supplied troops. The country that supplied the second most troops? Saudi Arabia. Suprisingly, the Saudis supplied more troops than the other 24 countries combined...including the Canadian and British pussies.

I guess that Sadam invading Kuwait because of "slant drilling" (which sounds like a code for taking a country over to flex your might and steal their oil) really didn't bother anyone other than George Bush. I guess 118,000 Saudis just figured they had nothing better to do that summer than go fight what was supposed to be the number 3 military power in the world. I am sure that the great white evil, G. Bush, Sr had such an influence on them that they wanted to die for him.

I have always been a liberal, while Karae and I talk politics and agree mostly, I do think on my own. The funny thing is - I am more of a liberal then Karae is.

George Bush sr. told Saddam it was okay to invade Kuwait.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:And to dumbass Xzion....do you even understand the concept that we are paying for their oil? Has anyone informed you that we are paying to rebuild their country? Did Iraq pay a single fucking galleon or whatever you Spanish fuckwits use to rebuild Kuwait? When was the last time the U.S. forces in this war were encouraged to break into Iraqi civilians houses to rape someone or torture them? You do realize that there is a shitstorm over some dumbass troops doing these acts and that they are in serious trouble for it?

Can you recognize the differences here or should we draw a picture with some crayola so you might see it in something a little more your speed?
No your right, Kilmoll the Sexy. I do not realize that there is any difference what so ever in George Bush’s invasion of Iraq and Saddams invasion of Kuwait. My entire nationality and ethnic backround deserves to be criticized for my ignorance, and of course it is necessary to put “dumbass” in front of my name for everyone to be clear of your position toward my political views.
:roll:

oh, and an incident that happened in "Apu Gayrap", as George Bush put it has no resemblance to the highlighted statement above
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Kguku
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kguku »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I guess that Sadam invading Kuwait because of "slant drilling" (which sounds like a code for taking a country over to flex your might and steal their oil) really didn't bother anyone other than George Bush.
Kind of liking invading because of threats of WMD, when, oh my gosh, none were found! Such threats indeed from that country! Oh wait, it sounds more like a reason to flex your might and steal their oil!
"When you dance with the devil, the devil don't change, the devil changes you."
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kguku wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I guess that Sadam invading Kuwait because of "slant drilling" (which sounds like a code for taking a country over to flex your might and steal their oil) really didn't bother anyone other than George Bush.
Kind of liking invading because of threats of WMD, when, oh my gosh, none were found! Such threats indeed from that country! Oh wait, it sounds more like a reason to flex your might and steal their oil!
We're not stealing their oil but it's not like they don't owe us. We need to tally up the bill for booting them out of Kuwait, helping rebuild Kuwait, putting out the oil well infernos and rebuilding them. They probably owe us for some of the chemicals we gave them in the 80's as well. Cheap bastards.

It makes me laugh, ha ha, how liberals will totally ignore the overall scope of something and focus on whatever mistake the united states makes....lets see...Saddam kills thousands upon thousands of his own people and a gaggle of Kuwait civilians...his troops could plunder and rape at will...vs...a US bomb went astray and hit a residential area...and the liberal groupies are tripping over their birkenstocks (you fucknuts better not be driving in a car that takes, gasp, gas, to get to these rallys) running to get to the demonstrations yelling, "OMG the US are a bunch of murdering pigs!!1!11"

You make me sick. Get in line with all the other dim witted beauty pagent contestants that say they want "world peace" but don't have a fucking clue how it's going to happen but it sure sounds good to say it!

You're damn right I ordered the code red!1!!1
Kguku
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kguku »

Winnow wrote:We're not stealing their oil but it's not like they don't owe us.
Holy fucking simpleton justification right there on your part for a) getting a lower cost on oil and b) padding the pockets of those who are buddy buddy with the GOP. The US/UK should very much be responsible for rebuilding Iraq, more so because of the fact that their REASON FOR INVADING turned out to be moot. Only halfway through did they turn around and say OH no wait we're doing it to free the people! Then punishing them by making them pay for all the rebuilding!

Winnow wrote:You make me sick. Get in line with all the other dim witted beauty pagent contestants that say they want "world peace" but don't have a fucking clue how it's going to happen but it sure sounds good to say it!
This coming from a meandering troll who's sole arguement 99.9999% of the time is to stick his fingers in his ears and go LALALALALALALALALALA I REPEAT MY POST 10 TIMES OVER LALALALALALALLALALLA until people give up in frustration, because you're too fucking stupid to form a response.

Plus you might notice - I never asked for World Peace, nor would I expect something as far fetched as such. But please, speculate some more on my thoughts of the world and what I want from it.
"When you dance with the devil, the devil don't change, the devil changes you."
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Saddam kills thousands upon thousands of his own people and a gaggle of Kuwait civilians.
*yawns* here we go again about the killing of his own people.. it's called civil war, the yanks killed plenty of Southerners didn't they? And of course Kuwaiti civilians are a no-no while Iraqi civilians are just casualties of war heh.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kelshara wrote:
Saddam kills thousands upon thousands of his own people and a gaggle of Kuwait civilians.
*yawns* here we go again about the killing of his own people.. it's called civil war, the yanks killed plenty of Southerners didn't they? And of course Kuwaiti civilians are a no-no while Iraqi civilians are just casualties of war heh.
The difference? Even in a "civil war", civilians would not be your targets. Picking 20,000 people out because of their creed is not a war....it is genocide.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Ah but can you say they were not armed? Is what Israel is doing genocide? How about the civilians shot by Americans on "mistake"?
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Thess wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:

I have always been a liberal, while Karae and I talk politics and agree mostly, I do think on my own. The funny thing is - I am more of a liberal then Karae is.

George Bush sr. told Saddam it was okay to invade Kuwait.

This is the 2nd time you have said this, where is the evidence to back this up?
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

"A copy was provided to The New York Times by ABC News, which translated from the Arabic. The State Department has declined to comment on its accuracy."

This Document stands up as well as the WMD evidence.

Where in holy fuck does it say Bush said it was ok in this document that is clearly one sided, All the U.S. said is it had no opinion.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Winnow wrote: We're not stealing their oil but it's not like they don't owe us. We need to tally up the bill for booting them out of Kuwait, helping rebuild Kuwait, putting out the oil well infernos and rebuilding them. They probably owe us for some of the chemicals we gave them in the 80's as well. Cheap bastards.
Lets say my friend owes me money. According to your statement, it would be perfectly alright to barge into his house, kill him and his familly, take everything that he owes me and more? Tell that to a judge, he would throw my ass in jail just like he should throw Bush's ass in jail too.
Mezzdat
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Mezzdat »

What exactly did Bush Sr do wrong besides not march to Bagdad and take out Saddam? Did he not put out the burning oil wells Saddam set ablaze in southern Iraq and Kuwait fast enough for you? Should he have let Iraq take over Kuwait and Saudi Arabia? I'm sure that would have stabilized the region and challenged Pax Romana for the longest stretch of peace ever.
Ya, I critizized his son. So settle down there chief. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough.
Mezzdat
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Mezzdat »

We're not stealing their oil but it's not like they don't owe us. We need to tally up the bill for booting them out of Kuwait, helping rebuild Kuwait, putting out the oil well infernos and rebuilding them. They probably owe us for some of the chemicals we gave them in the 80's as well. Cheap bastards.
I don't think you have a clue what it's like in Iraq. How are you going to repay them for the thousands of innocents our troops have slaughtered? I am smart enough to realize this comes with war, but you need to think of the big picture before you decide who owes who.
Mezzdat
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Mezzdat »

"Extending the war into Iraq would have incurred incalculable human and political costs. We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq. The coalition would instantly have collapsed, the Arabs deserting in anger and other allies pulling out as well. Exceeding the U.N.'s mandate would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the U.S. could still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land."
-- From "Why We Didn't Remove Saddam"
by George Bush [Sr.] and Brent Scowcroft, Time Magazine, 1998
Thess, I'd never seen that, it's classic though.

As for you people who are still going to vote for Bush. I'm not known for being a judgmental person, but Christ, you're all fucking retards.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Bush Sr.'s major mistake was the following: "Read my lips: No more taxes!"
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kelshara wrote:Ah but can you say they were not armed? Is what Israel is doing genocide? How about the civilians shot by Americans on "mistake"?
Yes...I believe Israel is engaging in some genocidal activities. I think we should be yanking Israel's chain and do the same with Palestine. Anyone that gets out of line from either side should have the U.N. come in and put down some serious enforcement. There should be a U.N. force in a DMZ between the two and severe punishments on either side that instigates trouble.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Ok as long as double standards aren't being used (as they so often are when Israel is involved) I have no problem with calling it genocide.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lynks wrote:
Winnow wrote: We're not stealing their oil but it's not like they don't owe us. We need to tally up the bill for booting them out of Kuwait, helping rebuild Kuwait, putting out the oil well infernos and rebuilding them. They probably owe us for some of the chemicals we gave them in the 80's as well. Cheap bastards.
Lets say my friend owes me money. According to your statement, it would be perfectly alright to barge into his house, kill him and his familly, take everything that he owes me and more? Tell that to a judge, he would throw my ass in jail just like he should throw Bush's ass in jail too.
I in no way associated our liberation of the Iraqi people from the torturing mass murdering dictator with Iraq owing us money. Iraq invading, destroying and plundering Kuwait resulting in the US along with the coalition forces having to kick them out and rebuild is where I place their dept independant of our actions to free the oppressed citizens of Iraq from the clutches of Saddam's reign or terror.

You people are so touchy! :twisted:
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You are joking right? The quotes provided were from the U.S. Ambassador to Iraq and stated that they were told to say that they had no opinion on the Iraq-Kuwait border dispute. So you inferred from someone saying they were told to voice no opinion about an issue that it means to invade someone?
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Not having an opinion is basically saying, go ahead.

http://www.moderateindependent.com/v2i4911reality.htm
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Thess wrote:Not having an opinion is basically saying, go ahead.

This link refers to the garbage you posted 3 post ago,

Here is a link to a copy of the complete transcript of the discussion a week before the invasion of Kuwait between Hussein and Ambassador Glaspie: http://www.chss.montclair.edu/english/furr/glaspie.html
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Chmee »

Thess wrote:Not having an opinion is basically saying, go ahead.

I disagree, particularly when you look at the script. The U.S. ambassador seems to basically be saying that we don't have an opinion on who is right in this dispute. But then goes on to say ...
Frankly, we can see only that you have deployed massive troops in the south. Normally that would not be any of our business. But when this happens in the context of what you said on your national day, then when we read the details in the two letters of the Foreign Minister, then when we see the Iraqi point of view that the measures taken by the U.A.E. and Kuwait is, in the final analysis, parallel to military aggression against Iraq, then it would be reasonable for me to be concerned. And for this reason, I received an instruction to ask you, in the spirit of friendship -- not in the spirit of confrontation -- regarding your intentions.
Essentially, we aren't really concerned about the dispute, but we are concerned about Iraq massing troops in the area, and the aggressive rhetoric coming from Iraq. Sure it is stated in ambassadorial language, but I don't see how you can interpret this as us saying we think its fine if you invade Kuwait.
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
Metaphantasus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Metaphantasus »

Avestan wrote:I am voting for Bush because his (the republican) economic policy is suited to me and I believe will be far better for the country in the long run. I also think that while he may have his shortcomings, he is not a bullshitter. When he says he is going to do something, he does it. That is refreshing.
Like when he waited a year to strike back after 9/11? It's like spraying your cat with water three days after she shits on the couch. You've waited to long. They still know why they're getting attacked, but it's more like now he's just doing it to do it, not to retaliate.
Balls.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Metaphantasus wrote:
Avestan wrote:I am voting for Bush because his (the republican) economic policy is suited to me and I believe will be far better for the country in the long run. I also think that while he may have his shortcomings, he is not a bullshitter. When he says he is going to do something, he does it. That is refreshing.
Like when he waited a year to strike back after 9/11? It's like spraying your cat with water three days after she shits on the couch. You've waited to long. They still know why they're getting attacked, but it's more like now he's just doing it to do it, not to retaliate.
Are you criticizing him for waiting too long? I know that all of you think he should have given diplomacy more time, but you really cannot have it both ways. If we had gone in within a month, we would have been ill prepared militarily and can you even begin to imagine what the international community (and domestic) would be like if we had not at least given the UN a chance to participate?

He said he was going into Iraq, he did not say when.

There are plenty of valid ways to criticize what we are doing in Iraq, but this is the first time I have heard that we took too long to go as an argument against Bush.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Metaphantasus wrote:
Dude, you're psycho if you want to make a major assault on a country without preparing or analyzing all of your options. Whether you back our military actions or not, when everything was in place and Bush Sr or Jr said "It's go time" we steamrolled whatever our target was. That's due to preparation and not from attacking the day after a terrorist attack. If you want to make sure they don't forget that retaliation is on its way, you send a few Tomahawks their way from time to time then pound them with night and day air raids for a month or two. Also send in some special forces units to take a look and take away even more guesswork before the main assault. The bulk of our casualties come after the main assault when terrorism cranks back up.

I think it was PBS that had a week long documentary on the gulf war. If you ever get a chance to watch that you'll see that the coalition forces superior weapons and preparation made it almost impossible for the Iraqi troops to touch us. One of the most impressive things I remember was seeing our M1 tanks racing across the desert at up to 40 MPH locking onto Iraqi tanks and taking them out without stopping before we were even close to the range the Iraqi tanks could retaliate. Another huge advantage we had was our Apache's using night vision which mowed down Iraqi troops at night.

I got off track but the point is that it's stupid to retaliate without preparation and I also think that's part of the problem with some people. They have short memories and tend to forget. As long as they have gas in their cars and can make it to peace rallys, everything's cool. If that's the general feeling you may as well schedule in a 911 every other year or so and just accept it as nothing more than a natural disaster and move on.

*this post copaid for by the Bush 2004 campaign and 7/11's new RoXorberry Brainfreeze Slurpee*

----------------

Brain freeze is something that many people can relate to. I am fortunate to say that I have never experienced the pain of brain freeze, despite my frequent consumption of the ice cold Slurpee drink.

Brain freeze is an intense stabbing headache-like pain that occurs after consuming something cold, and it affects about 30 percent of the population.

Your brain DOES NOT acyually freeze. NO damage is caused by brainfreeze.

7-Eleven registered the term "brainfreeze" in 1994 to communicate the painful joy of drinking a frozen Slurpee beverage.

Brainfreeze is also known as an "Ice Cream Headache", and "Frozen Brain Syndrome"

Simply put, Brainfreeze occurs when the Slurpee (or anything cold) touches the roof of your mouth, the collection of nerves in the roof of your mouth (called the spheno-palantine ganglion) go into a spasm (a spasm is like a cramp). These nerves tell the brain blood vessels to get bigger or "dilate". When our brain's blood vessels get big, we get headaches.

So, the best way to avoid getting brainfreeze is to keep the Slurpee from the roof of your mouth.

The pain of brainfreeze begins a few seconds after the rapid ingestion of cold foods or beverages (such as ice cream or slurpees or yellow snow)and peaks in 30-60 seconds, and can last up to 5 minutes.

The Phenemenon is further explained in an article by Joseph Hulihan :

The pain is usually located in the midfrontal area, but can be unilateral in the temporal, frontal, or retro-orbital region.
It is a stabbing or aching type of pain that recedes 10-20 seconds after its onset. Rarely, it can persist for two to five minutes

Some Studies suggest that brainfreeze is more common in people who experience migraines. Raskin and Knittle found this to be the case, with brainfreeze occurring in 93% of migraine sufferers and in only 31% of controls

Other studies found that it's more common in people without migraines. These inconsistencies may be due to differences in subject selection–the subjects of the first study were drawn from a hospital population, whereas the controls in the second were student volunteers.

Ice cream headache has been studied as an example of referred pain. Experimenting on himself, Smith found that:

Ipsilateral temporal and orbital pain developed 20-30 seconds later after crushed iced was placed on the palette.
Bilateral pain occurred when the stimulus was applied in the midline
The headache could be elicited only in hot weather
Attempts to reproduce the pain during the winter were unsuccessful, even with use of a cold stimulus of the same temperature.
Bird et al found a similar relation with respect to site of application of the cold substance and ipsilateral occurrence of the resultant pain
Some of their subjects also experienced an associated toothache.
Raskin has suggested that ice cream headache may represent a model of migraine, in that both encompass disordered thresholds to sensory stimuli.

No treatment is usually required, and sufferers rarely seek medical attention.

An odd idea or two....
Some people actually enjoy brainfreeze. I've been told that it can take away a headache.

Believe it or not, but some people also find it orgasmic... seriously.

Tips for alleviating brainfreeze

To relieve the pain of brainfreeze, try pressing your tongue onto the roof of your mouth. For some reason, this works (Submitted)

Try Holding your breath during a brainfreeze, For some reason, this makes it go away faster. (submitted)

Try taking a sip or two of a warm beverage, such as hot water, hot chocolate, or even coffee, when the brainfreeze hits. This seems to get rid of the pain quickly for some people. (submitted)
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Bujinkan is teh win!
Mezzdat
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Mezzdat »

I don't understand why when you discuss who you prefer for the next pres. the main topic of debate is thier position on Iraq... Why in Jesus' name do you not give a shit that Bush has one domestic policy, and that's to make rich people pay less in taxes?
Rekaar.
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Rekaar. »

1. Define rich people
2. Tell me why that's a bad thing, if true
3. Are you aware that 25% of the people in this country pay 77% of the taxes anyway? What's wrong with paying your fair share? source

by that, you're rich if you make over 55k...

I'm not "rich," and I like tax cuts.
Melrin_Specclaster
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Melrin_Specclaster »

Kguku wrote:
Winnow wrote:We're not stealing their oil but it's not like they don't owe us.
Holy fucking simpleton justification right there on your part for a) getting a lower cost on oil and b) padding the pockets of those who are buddy buddy with the GOP. The US/UK should very much be responsible for rebuilding Iraq, more so because of the fact that their REASON FOR INVADING turned out to be moot. Only halfway through did they turn around and say OH no wait we're doing it to free the people! Then punishing them by making them pay for all the rebuilding!

Winnow wrote:You make me sick. Get in line with all the other dim witted beauty pagent contestants that say they want "world peace" but don't have a fucking clue how it's going to happen but it sure sounds good to say it!
This coming from a meandering troll who's sole arguement 99.9999% of the time is to stick his fingers in his ears and go LALALALALALALALALALA I REPEAT MY POST 10 TIMES OVER LALALALALALALLALALLA until people give up in frustration, because you're too fucking stupid to form a response.

Plus you might notice - I never asked for World Peace, nor would I expect something as far fetched as such. But please, speculate some more on my thoughts of the world and what I want from it.
While I think you're an awesome guy, I have to disagree on your argument here. Now, I'm not taking sides on the who should pay to rebuild Iraq bit. But, to say we are taking money away from the Iraqi people by making them pay for the rebuild is a little naive because they werent getting the damn money in the first place. So the people who would be losing the money.........were already losing it except now they can see progress FOR their hard work for them, not for somebody else.

And from what I've read about Iraqi's, they have OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS...OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of pride and would be happier knowing it was built with their own money and not somebody elses.
Coercer
Melrin_Specclaster
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Kelshara wrote:
Not that this matters or that OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of people will agree but I'm going to say it anyway. The yankee's lost more people than the South in the Civil War but the South lost because the manufacturing was in the North and the North had more people to lose.

And for those that think it was about slavery, are obviously yankees.

Anyway, I digress.
Coercer
Melrin_Specclaster
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Kelshara wrote:Ah but can you say they were not armed? Is what Israel is doing genocide? How about the civilians shot by Americans on "mistake"?
Israel is by no means commiting genocide. They are killing leaders who are responsible for death.

Civilians shot by anybody by mistake are casualties of war. People get this fucked up notion in their head that the world is a perfect place when it isn't. As long as its across the globe they are preaching, if it was on your doorstep, you would act differently.
Coercer
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Rekaar. wrote:1. Define rich people
2. Tell me why that's a bad thing, if true
3. Are you aware that 25% of the people in this country pay 77% of the taxes anyway? What's wrong with paying your fair share? source

by that, you're rich if you make over 55k...

I'm not "rich," and I like tax cuts.
The reasoning behind a tiered tax system is well documented.. sumarising it on a message board isn't going to change your opinion.

If you're not earning over 55K then you probably will see a real difference in your lifestyle from a tax cut (until the economy adjusts to absorb it, in much the same way that it has absorbed the "second income") where as someone in that top 25% won't.

I don't like tax much either, but I prefer it to deficit spending..
Rekaar.
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Rekaar. »

Cut more of our government socialist programs and we'll lose the deficit too :p

But that's a whole nother ball of wax!