SoE Customer Service and a splintery broomstick...

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

SoE Customer Service and a splintery broomstick...

Post by Pahreyia »

Copied from DruzzilRo.com.
We almost all have had times and events where we were less than thrilled about SOE's Customer Service/Support. Sometimes it seems that the general attitude is that they don't care and won't act anyhow...they are too big.... and yes we can sue them but they have lots of lawyers and resources.

So if you feel you have not had an adequate response from Sony Customer Service, try to hit them where it hurts, in the pocketbook.... the next time you have a service complaint, no matter what, turn log on, file a /petition and if appropriate a /report. Include in the petition that this is an attempt by a consumer to resolve a complaint under California Consumer Law. Repeat that in tells, when you talk to a guide or GM. If a guide denies action, ask them to escalate to a GM. File a followup e-mail with your server GM at Sony with the same data.

SOE's purported EULA Agreement says that we all agree to resolve things under California Law. <GRIN> "Please don't throw me in the briar patch!"

If you do not have an acceptable resolution to your issue within 3 business days of escalation or Guide denial, and you feel it is a non-trivial matter, do the following:

File a report with a copy of the /petion, /report, and any relevant interaction with GMs or guides, to the California Department of Consumer Affairs at https://www.dca.ca.gov/dca/secure/gencomplaint.htm . Fill out the form and file it...they will determine whether the issue is covered by California law and even if not, they will attempt to mediate resolution.

Since we pay for EQ in advance, if your complaint is unresolved, contact your credit card company and advise them that you are not receiving the services paid for in your last charge (we pay in advance). They will contact SOE and request an explanation for the unfulfilled charge.

File a complaint with the San Diego Better Business Bureau at http://complaints.bbb.org/Welcome.asp#dont . Let them know what you have done and are doing. As of March 8th, 2004 the Sony Online Entertainment file at the San Diego BBB was "being updated"

SOE MUST respond to the California Dept. of Consumer Affairs, and as a matter of course under its merchant agreement with your credit card company, they will respond to the CC company inquiry. They do not have to respond to the BBB inquiry, but I am willing to bet they damn sure will.

Use this process with discretion. Make certain it really is a problem Sony should solve, that you have given them a chance to, and that they haven't. Be polite, professional, and indicate that you just want them to fix the product you buy from them EACH MONTH.

Every response they have to make to any one of the above entities will cost them a fair amount. Enough of those kind of costs and Sony will realize that some more money for coding, and some more leeway, responsibility and authority for GMs will save them dollars. THAT they will listen to.

Just some thoughts.

As I get the time I am going to do some more research on California's Implied and Expressed Warranties of Merchantability and Fitness Laws.

In the meantime have fun....

"Play in their world, complain in ours!"

Dersh
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Seems buggered even with PS2 support aswell. Mine went wonkers, and as such, had to send it in. They told me the charge would be waived - but lo and behold, instead of getting my system back today, I got a bill for $89 in labor and $10 in shipping.

Called them up, "Oh, we're sorry, you shouldn't have been charged.. we'll tell Billing and then they'll get the paperwork done sometime next week and your PS2 back to you right after."

/meef
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Why is this thread sticky?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

I stickied it a while back because a ton of people were complaining about losing characters on their accounts or having to get a hold of customer service for whatever reason. You'll have to spam an admin if you want it taken down.