Planetside to consolidate Servers

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Planetside to consolidate Servers

Post by noel »

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/plan ... 00006.html
SporkfirePS wrote:After this initiative, the battles of PlanetSide are going to be huge! If you haven't heard of this, please read Dallas Dickinson's latest Producer Letter. This is an exciting time for us, and we hope as well as for you. Here is some information you should be aware of in order to make this move as smooth as possible.
What You Need to Know:

All east coast characters will now reside on Emerald. All west coast characters will live on Markov.
PlanetSide will now allow eight characters on each server.
In case of a name conflict resulting from the consolidation, characters and Outfits moving from Johari will have a -J appended to their name. Characters and Outfits from Konried will have a -K. If there is no name conflict on the new home server, then nothing will be appended.
All characters and Outfits with a -J or -K appended will be allowed a one-time rename for their characters or /outfitrename for their Outfit.
If a player has characters on two different empires (one empire on Johari and a different one on Markov) when the consolidation occurs, they will be able to keep both sets of characters (and create new ones for either empire)
To account for players who will have characters from two different Empires when the server merges, all players will now have the ability to create characters from two different Empires on each server. Players may switch from one to another instantly, but may not switch back for at least 24 hours. This is done to alleviate concerns about Empire spying and to help preserve the day-to-day population balance across Empires.
Victor Wachter
Community Relations Representative
http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/plan ... 28614.html
Igrok wrote:
I'm curious, does shutting down ~50% of server capacity mean that playerbase is decreasing and game is dying ?
SporkfirePS wrote:Not at all. We are actually holding steady with our subscriber base. However, we recognize that PlanetSide, unlike just about any other MMOG out there, requires a certain threshold of people logged in concurrently to be at its best. A game like EverQuest is still fun, even if your guild is the only logged onto the entire server. Our game requires lots of people to be around and to make sure this is always the situation, we decided to do this merger.
Victor Wachter
Community Relations Representative
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Waran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Waran

Post by Waran »

Thx bigger zerg rush SOE! :D
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

When they say the battles will be bigger, I think they mean they will be the size they were in beta. I read the #'s on subscribers somewhere comparing the fanbase of certain games and I don't see Planetside maintaining still. Heard too many stories of people not bothering with the game at all or not keeping it past a couple months to believe it's not a drop in fan-base. Hell, they basically admitted that's what it was when they said that a certain number of people had to be online at one time to make it work...well, there apparently wasn't a problem with that for the last 4-5 months.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Wonder what the average life of a game is, UO, Diablo, etc.. seem to be going pretty well still.

Other than EQ, 6 months is about my average.

*Edit - Got curious and looked, Meridian 59 seems to be running again, it's about 7 years old. That was my first non-text RPG, it's also the only non-twitch game I've seen that had PvP implemented decently.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

I cancelled my account back in July. Was wondering if anyone still plays Planetside and whatever happened to the outfit?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

If they even bothered to realize that most people stopped logging in because the battles where too large, then they would not have to consolidate the servers to get enough people on line at once to make it worthwhile.

How fucking stupid are those clowns? If they completely removed the retarded lattice system and made it advantageous for small groups of skilled people to actually be able to function in the game, I would reactivate my account. It was actually fun when you could take 10-20 people and assault some remote location that the enormous zerg would not be able to reach before you capped it. We made our mark by doing just that to groups that were up to twice our size....chase them out and then go take their next base just to rub it in. The zerg is what killed the outfit.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Perfectly stated.

As far as I know the outfit no longer exists, xZiBiT. I cancelled when I felt the game had been fucked up beyond fixing.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Aranuil wrote:I cancelled when I felt the game had been fucked up beyond fixing.
When was that, release? =P

In beta the game was fun as shit. I bought it when it went retail and literally logged in twice. It just didn't have the appeal it did before.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

I still play often enough. The outfit still exists, and I'm quietly pharming command exp so I can start using all that lovely point stash to orbital strike my brains out.

The game did seem to nearly die for a while there, and you could log in and spend hours looking for some action and not finding it, but now, especially since the expansion, there's always a hotspot or two that you can go to for a fight. and that keeps it entertaining enough to play. The merging of servers should bring it up to 2-3 major hotspots at a time, letting us select the variety of combat we want at the time. The caverns are funky btw. Lord knows what major combat in one of those will look like.

*Hugs*
Varia
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

I miss f'n people up Inf style =(
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I miss HALOing out of a Galaxy at Max altitude, hacking a door, going in, killing everyone inside, and hacking the CC before anyone even knew we were there.
Shanter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Shanter »

I miss HALOing out of a Galaxy at Max altitude, hacking a door, going in, killing everyone inside, and hacking the CC before anyone even knew we were there.
Aye, beta was hella-fun. Too many people didn't want to pay monthly for it though :(
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Monthly fee certainly was NOT the reason I chose not to bother buying Planetside. I would gladly have paid monthly if they hadn't fucked it up halfway through my beta-testing period (I don't even remember what phase it was). What was a FUN freeform style of all out war (allowing all kinds of different tactics) became OVERNIGHT a meat-grinder trainwreck of epic proportions.

It went from slightly over-the-top xp gains (that should have been toned down in steps to see how it affected the game dynamic) to gaining next to nothing for a 3 hour base capture.

It went from choosing to attack a specific base because of the TYPE of base it was for it's distinct advantage in the ongoing conflict to, well...maybe 1 or 2 choices depending on what fucking base happens to connect to the one you're standing on. Yeah, I know you can hack an unpowered base behind enemy lines. So many choices! Where should we go?!

It went from waiting for anywhere from zero to maybe a few people at vehicle terminals to literally waiting for 20+ people all trying to buy a fucking reaver at the same time. And that's IF you have power.

It went from choices to no choices. Originally if you wanted small squad vs small squad action you could have it, and if you wanted huge large scale battles you could have it - at a moments notice.

All of that (and more actually) changed overnight with no concessions made for all of the vocal opposition. In my opinion all they had to do was maybe put up 1 server that ran a pre-lattice version of Planetside, and it would have kept my attention much longer.

Ah well at least I got to bust up Faille and Stragi (phoenix whores)
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I actually reinstated my account for a month to mess around. After the server combine, it still seemed like the battles were smaller than some of the zergings we saw at release. It could have been just the places I was at, but a good solid force of 20 people could do major damage in any battle that I saw.

They added some new vehicles since I last played. There is a 3 person aircraft that is a bomber, with a tailgunner and the pilot being the other 2 positions. They put in a vehicle transport aircraft as well now. The certifications are redone and in some places combined for getting more certs for your points. It is 4 points to get the reaver and mosquito, 3 points for bomber, vehicle transport, and galaxy. 5 points will get you all 3 MAX suits.

The bombers really add something different to an assault now. Flying at max altitude and dropping your payload can throw a wrench into a base when it is hard to see you coming.

Anyway, at least it may hold me over until Halo 2 comes out in March. The exp even seemed to move pretty well as the kill exp seems to have been beefed in a pretty big way. Got 479 points just for shooting down some poor sucker in a reaver who just couldn't handle me in open space. I still got it. 8)
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I actually reinstated my account for a month to mess around. After the server combine, it still seemed like the battles were smaller than some of the zergings we saw at release. It could have been just the places I was at, but a good solid force of 20 people could do major damage in any battle that I saw.

They added some new vehicles since I last played. There is a 3 person aircraft that is a bomber, with a tailgunner and the pilot being the other 2 positions. They put in a vehicle transport aircraft as well now. The certifications are redone and in some places combined for getting more certs for your points. It is 4 points to get the reaver and mosquito, 3 points for bomber, vehicle transport, and galaxy. 5 points will get you all 3 MAX suits.

The bombers really add something different to an assault now. Flying at max altitude and dropping your payload can throw a wrench into a base when it is hard to see you coming.

Anyway, at least it may hold me over until Halo 2 comes out in March. The exp even seemed to move pretty well as the kill exp seems to have been beefed in a pretty big way. Got 479 points just for shooting down some poor sucker in a reaver who just couldn't handle me in open space. I still got it. 8)
interesting, maybe i will reactivate for a month to see these additions for myself
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

After 2 full nights of playing again, I am almost hooked again. There has been some very different types of battles that were reminiscent of those beta Gunuku fights. The additions they made have forced the fights into more than just throwing bodies against a wall.

I actually spent 2 hours at one tower defending it. We had a base and this tower that was between the VS base and ours. For two hours people were actually repairing and using wall turrets, throwing down mines and spitfires, setting up AA, using vehicles, doing bombing runs...etc etc. It was unreal. The AA MAXes were set up almost in batteries and were throwing the bursts up non-stop. The new Liberator bombers were coming over us and carpet bombing our tower and base like it was Baghdad. We had Mosquitoes and Reavers going up non-stop to take out the bombers...they had air support going after ours and the AA trying to stop it. It was one of the more fun times I have had since beta ended.

Unless there was some unexpected resurgence of people from VV playing, I am headed to TRG for a few months at the minimum. They seem to have picked up where we left off. Top 5 in points while having "only" 125 members. Definitely one of the top in points per member. They apparently remember Wetworks as one of their leaders asked if anyone was still around and to give him a shout when I was on again. If anyone does hop on, I will probably be on and in the sky!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I would play PS again but certainly never again on terran republic. It's still semi fun to play against vanu but 1 average NC player is worth about four skilled TR or Vanu player using just about any empire specific weapon.

Last time I played the developers just finished raping the striker and the TR maxes _again_ and beefing up the vanguard and phoenix. They make changes in that game like they are from bizzaro world. I can imagine them sitting around on their square planet saying "man the striker is so totally powerful and the vanguard is just a piece of crap."
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I hate the NC, and they are vastly overpowered. However, they are grabasstic, unorganized retards. TR actually had 9 continents locked a few weeks ago. Most of the people with organizational skills tend to be TR with the skilless masses playing NC so they can use the Jackhammer. I never see a Vanguard, so I don't kow how bad it has gotten. I still only see Jackhammer and Penix wielding NC and Magriders out the ass for VS.
Vailex Darkfury
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Vailex Darkfury »

Kila and I have been thinking about coming back to Planetside. I may not come back hardcore but casually. From what Kilmoll says it looks like its become a little better. Is everyone still on Markhov? Or did people move to Emerald?

I finally bought some new comp parts and put together a newer machine that can handle PS a bit better. So if we come back what server should we go to?

Im still thinking of sticking with Terran. I loved the Maxes too much. Is the Jackhammer still the god of all close quarter fighting?
Pyre-Fire/Devices-Blaster

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I'll install and check it out.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I had a Planetside dream last night. It was very odd. Most of the oddness of it was because I really didn't even play it that much, just a week or so in beta. I don't remember much, but I do remember my Reaver jet or whatever they were had robotic legs on it and I accidently knocked some guys missile truck (yes, that doesn't exist) over when I clipped it with my then-unknown-about legs while flying over it.

I remember lifting my legs made the ships legs retract.. I wonder if I lifted my legs in my sleep.

I like coffee.
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

teh missile trucK is in teh BF1942 you fool!
Sartori
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I will admit I had a ton of fun playing it when they gave us a free week in october. The new xp rules makes the game a lot more fluid and its not just 200 zergs locking down a base and sitting on their ass for 15 min waiting on a hack. People spread out fighting over an entire continent and I saw a lot more effective use of vehicles. Of course, I was playing on Emerald with my NC and during big battles I would see quite literally about nine vanguards whereas I saw I think 3 magriders and 1 prowler the entire week I played.
Drem
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Drem »

so is it worth coming back to this game? hehe it would be nice to see a vvetworks outfit again.
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

Drem wrote:so is it worth coming back to this game? hehe it would be nice to see a vvetworks outfit again.
if vv comes back i will be there
Waran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Waran

Post by Waran »

xZiBiT wrote:
Drem wrote:so is it worth coming back to this game? hehe it would be nice to see a vvetworks outfit again.
if vv comes back i will be there
Make that two :D If VV comes back, I'm there. There's nothing like playing a game with yer mates to make things fun :D
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Why not give it a go for a month or two and see how things go? From what I have seen this weekend, a solid force of 20 people can make a huge difference. Having the crew we once had would actually make it really enjoyable. It is not like there are games out that really have the draw to keep your attention right now.
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

2 squads of us could damn near take down an entire continent or until the zerg noticed what we were doing

it was some of the best times i had in fps games
_Kilandar_
No Stars!

Post by _Kilandar_ »

If VV Is Forming Back Up I'll Dust Off The Old Account. Just Post What Server And Race We'er Now And I'll Be There.

EQ - Kilandar
PS - SoCo
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Markov is the server. Terran Republic is where the outfit is and it if you reinstate your old account, you will still have your ranks and all that, but the recertification you will need to do. They gave everyone back all their cert points when they made a change and lumped some skills under one item instead of breaking them down. Such as reaver and mosquito taking one cert for 4 points instead of having to get each of them at a total cost of 7.

Now another change they made was that you can have characters from other empires on your account on the same server. For example: I could log in to my NC character "VanguardBlackMarketSupplier" and pump out vehicles at some remote base where friends just happened to be waiting to jack them and transport them back to the Terran Republic, and then switch over to my TR character Kilmoll. You can make one free switch-over to another Empire, but you can't switch back to another Empire again for 12 hours.

The beauty is, you could spend just a couple hours stocking up everyone's lockers with Jackhammers and Penix rockets during a week and have access to them anytime you wanted. Six people could easily run a supply line of Vanguards or Magriders or whatever we wanted if we really wanted to make a statement. With the way they set this up, it will let us have access to any equipment we want if we are determined to have it. Hell, I could have fun doing nothing more than arranging with some of the other outfits to keep them supplied and piss off the NC zerg in the process. The only way they could stop you is to kill you and get grief points.
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

Emerald
poppa (NC-sue me i had to check out the jackhammer firsthand :p)
poppa-k (Vanu - tested the flying maxes and lawnmowing with mag)

Markov
poppa - VV TR

logged on last nite and jackhammered a few vanu on markov
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I made BR14 last night on Markov. It's interesting for sure. I saw a bunch of things that surprised the hell out of me last night.

The lodestar - it's the heavy vehicle transport/repair platform. It looks like the dropship in Alien. Very cool.

Shields - We secured a base last night, and all the sudden giant red shields came up at the base gates.

The Skyguard - Anti-air vehicle... looks like a dragster. Pretty cool. Didn't end up driving one last night.

Overall it was pretty cool. Platoons are in, so coordinating people was easier. There were still a few times of sitting around in a yard waiting for a hack with a bunch of people shooting off their guns. =\

I'm going to play it for at least a month or two.
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

woohoo, VV is BACK

did you notice that the minigun's COF is improved as in after three rounds the COF isn't the size of a barn?

also, the uni-max cert saves me 3 cert points

also, killing people now is actually rewarding and beneficial, i got 200-500 exp per kill rather than 10-60 exp as before, you don't have to sit and wait for 15 mins for a hack to complete, fighting on the front lines can be as/more rewarding than popping a squat with 1500 other people in an SOI

although to the dread of me, the combined the certs fo reaver/mosquito which sucks because there are 3 times more flying vehicles in the game now, 4 certs for the chance to get both a reaver and a mosquito in a 5 minute time frame encourages flying vehicles, i may have to get the cert next

hope to see y'all tonight
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

If you get the shields up at a base, it also will charge up a shield on any vehicle you have in that base. Any time you spend in the SOI will recharge them.

The Lodestar can transport an ANT. Makes recharging a base much easier than the old system. 3 cert points gets you the Lodestar, galaxy, and the Liberator bomber. Did you have any large forces using LIberaotrs when you were on? Very nasty to be on the receiving end to say the least.

One thing I have seen but not figured out who to get or use is the Flail. This is a looooooong range tomahawk-type missile platform. I think you can mark waypoints on the map and set it to hit the waypoints. These also are vary nasty to have zeroed in on you.

The way exp has been redone, you don't need to sit and wait out a hack unless you are worried about losing it. Hack it and move on to pushing them out of the next base. Exp for taking a base is not great like it once was, but is the only way to garner outfit points. The good exp is made by taking down MAXes and vehicles with people in them. As the heavier the vehicle usually means the longer the people inside have been alive, they are worth more exp.

I would highly suggest that anyone that comes back takes at least one vehicle that can do damage and the uni-MAX cert. After taking a tower near a base, it would be vary beneficial to throw an entire squad or even platoon of Pounder and/or DC MAXes at the base. Be aware that the Pounder MAX had the reload time upped to 4 seconds though. The Burster MAX was improved and you can do better damage to infantry and vehicles with it if you employ it correctly.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Damn it, Kilmoll, you're actually making PS sound appealing again. I take it you need the expansion for the new vehicles and such?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

Kilmoll- Shields- the shields you see coming up around your vehicles are from the AMP stations, not the shield modules. The shield modules shield the base, not its troops. I havent done major experimentation but best I can tell they basicly stop enemy vehicles entering the base, and anyone who has had the fun of having 10 enemy vehicles chasing each other around your bases courtyard killing all your troops can telll you thats a good thing... :) (If your base is connect to an amp station by the lattice you will have shields on your vehicle that charge up over time). Also go check out vehicle repair terminals and air pads...

Lodestar + ANT:- ANTs could be transported in galaxies anyway so thats not a new capability, but lodestars can drop vanguards on your head, and that can get real annoying after a while... :P (Ok, I havent actually tested that, but I believe they can, whereas the galaxy is limited to light vehicles)

Flails (and other ancient tech vehicles) YOu get them from the vehicle terms in friendly bases in the caverns that were added in the Core Combat expansion. The potential uses of teleport beacons from the Router vehicle will be rapidly apparent to VV people. Flails are huge longrange artillery. They drive like beached whales, but they can kill damn near anything in one shot. Its strictly dumbfire, but you can send your viewpoint along with the shot so you can see where its landing and adjust your fire. Important since most of it is over the horizon shooting. I havent investigated, but I believe you can use the laser designator to guide in fire from them, which cloaked command personell will like.

Cap EXP- You get cap exp by being in the soi while there is combat going on, up to the 5k cap. Once you've either had enough in an area, or think you've earned the cap, or the fighting has stopped you can move out to somewhere else. As long as the cap goes through within 25 minutes I think it is youre golden.

Yes, the chaingun has a much improved cof now. And yes, nerf jackhammers.

*Hugs*
Varia
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I have the Marauder cert. The new combined certs is a great idea. Marauder Cert gives me skyguard as well, and I also have the AMS/ANT cert.

Last night I was pretty much just taking everything in, and getting reacquainted with PS in general, so I was hanging with the first squad that took me. I'm not sure why we waited around the two times we did. I think there was a concern we'd lose the hack because that actually happened once.

Funny thing was, I gatted the shit out of an infiltrator last night... then realized they were a friendly. >< I apologized profusely to the person. And they were ok with it. :P

If you guys start logging on, I'd love to play with you again. My current cycling schedule won't give me a huge amount of time to play, but I'll play when I can. It won't be all night long like it used to be. :P

Edit: Varia/Kilmoll... how do I even get to the core combat content? Someone last night told me I needed to go to an active warpgate. I think I saw a warpgate 'spinning' over the horizon, but I didn't have time to investigate. How do I tell if a warpgate is 'active' ?

Thanks!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You have to buy the expansion to get to them. I have not done that, but would if VV was going to make a presence in the game even if only for a couple of months. Apparently they have added things you can install into a base that gives it (and bases linked to it) advantages.

I currently have the uniMAX, air cavalry (mosq and reaver), combat engineer certs. Tonight I am dropping combat engineer and may go for HA or air support (liberator, galaxy, lodestar).

Vehicles have just become a huge priority it seems for a successfull assault of towers and bases. An initial assault of a tower will need a serious vehicular raping if it is defended. From there you can violate the base with a swarm of MAX units and stealthers. I was there when the 666th Devildogs swarmed a base with a platoon (yes 3 full squads of jackhammer MAXes) and abused us in minutes. One single organized squad of pounder MAXes would have repelled that assault for an eternity.
m4yh3m
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by m4yh3m »

I had thought about cranking this up again, since VV seems back is everyone playing Terrans on Markov? Also, do I need to buy anything? I saw something about the expansion just wondering.

I would love to get back with all my VV mates, if the game has improved it might prove to be a good distraction.
RockemSockem - Planetside - TR/Markov - Retired
m4yh3m - Xbox Live - Active
Molokai - SWG - Eclipse - Jedi unlocked 4/5/2004

(WWW, DVDs, Xbox)
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

You guys actually got me considering this game again :evil:

If enough people come back I might pick this up this weekend.
Sartori
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

that tower defense we put together tontie was great, we shoulda left those lame squad and been me,arunuil, and kilmoll earlier in the defense

easily got 2000 exp for the defense but could have been 8000 that if we didn't have to carry our ten person squad

sorry i couldn't play a little longer last night mayhem, it is 2:30am and i have to be up for work in 3 hours

O God!!! its starting again :)
m4yh3m
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by m4yh3m »

I actually had a really good time tonight, not worrying about all the little crap. Yes the game is still as laggy as ever, yes there seems to still be the zerg mentality, but the tower and base defense was pretty kewl. I played until the TR got kicked off of foresal, pretty fun.

I still dont know what all the new fangled things do, I didnt recognize some of the aircraft, but I did have fun killing things again. If vv is to come back even part time, it sure would be swell if we could get some decent squads going again.
RockemSockem - Planetside - TR/Markov - Retired
m4yh3m - Xbox Live - Active
Molokai - SWG - Eclipse - Jedi unlocked 4/5/2004

(WWW, DVDs, Xbox)
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

Aranuil- The spinning warpgate thingie you saw on the horizon was indeed an active geowarp gate. Treat them like regular warpgates- just run/drive/fly into the (less visible than normal) beam in the center and you'll be transported down to the appropriate cavern. Inactive geowarps dont spin. Theyre all shown on your continental maps, and show their active/inactive status so you can see where they are at a glance. Theyre on a 90 minute cycle I think, about 30 minutes on, 60 minutes off or something like that, and theyre staggered, so there will always be several active in the world at once.

*Hugs*
Varia
Eligorn
No Stars!

Post by Eligorn »

omfg......that is all
Joo want spoon?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I don't know why that squad+ of people decided to run to Akkan while we were defending that last night. We were actually starting a push into that next base when they all started heading off for no real reason. If they would have begun assaulting the base, we would have gotten a pretty strong foothold on the continent. As it was, they lost the entire continent.

My expectations for playing are much less than what they were when the game hit release. Now, I am just going to have fun playing instead of worrying about having to succeed in every base cap or defense. If we get zerged, oh well. Just hang in and rack up as many kills as possible before we move on to a less zerged area. Last night was just odd that the TR was nowhere to be found on any continent. Over the weekend, the TR usually had a minimum of 4 continents locked and I saw as high as 5 locked at once with the NC being much higher in percentage of population. Oh well, it was still good to be killing with old friends.
Vailex Darkfury
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Vailex Darkfury »

Well im back in the game. character name is Sailex. Ill be looking you guys up for an invite back into VV. I had a pretty fun time soloing though. I only saw a handful of zergs but the good thing was that there were multiple fronts. Also, there are a fuckton more vehicles now. Which is fun in some ways but sucks when you get run over a lot :(

See you in game. Oh i bought the expansion too. Im such a consumer whore.
Pyre-Fire/Devices-Blaster

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Vailex Darkfury wrote:Im such a consumer whore.
AND HOW!

Had a blast last night with Poppa and Kilmoll before my fucking pager went off. Hopefully we'll see some more of that in the coming nights.

I explored one of the cave things. Interesting, but there was no one there at all. It had me wondering what it would be like to be a developer and release an expansion that a lot of people bought, but no one used. :P

Anyway, anyone who logs on try and contact me. Currently Xender/Menelaos is the outfit leader, but I think I can still invite people if you're not still in VVetworks.

Take care.
Mort
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mort »

WTF, should have hit this forum sooner.... if VV is coming back, Im in too....

Think Im at BR19 CR3

Woohoo, will pick up expansion this week sometime just to hang with the old veterans.
Morteus - 60 NE War - Cenarius
Warlord of <Driven>

"I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct....."
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Cool Mort. :)

Btw, Kilmoll/Poppa. I think that deliverer last night was very nearly about to explode. I think he was a bit shocked to be engaged by two MAXes and a shock troop, and not even get a single kill. :P
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

Aranuil wrote:Cool Mort. :)

Btw, Kilmoll/Poppa. I think that deliverer last night was very nearly about to explode. I think he was a bit shocked to be engaged by two MAXes and a shock troop, and not even get a single kill. :P
thats because he has never been engaged by a VV
Planetside
poppa - Terran VV Markov
poppa - N00b Conglomerate Emerald
xzibit - NC Markov
xzibit - VS Emerald