The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

yay! Loved the first one if not just because you could pretty much say that everyone died and pretty much be right!
m4yh3m
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by m4yh3m »

Straight to DVD in the US? Well at least it doesnt have Antonio Bandejo or Kevin Bacon in it, sure sign of death...

I'll probably buy it, hell I bought (and enjoyed) Battlefield Earth.
RockemSockem - Planetside - TR/Markov - Retired
m4yh3m - Xbox Live - Active
Molokai - SWG - Eclipse - Jedi unlocked 4/5/2004

(WWW, DVDs, Xbox)
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

m4yh3m wrote:I'll probably buy it, hell I bought (and enjoyed) Battlefield Earth.
You need to seek help immediately.
Fuck Michigan!
m4yh3m
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by m4yh3m »

Zamtuk wrote:
m4yh3m wrote:I'll probably buy it, hell I bought (and enjoyed) Battlefield Earth.
You need to seek help immediately.
In more ways than you could know. The secret to enjoying Battlefield Earth is to realize how bad the movie is, and enjoy it as one of the worst films ever made on a $60 million budget. :lol:

(WWW, DVDs, Xbox)
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Except its not even fun to laugh at, cause its boring as shit.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

But how does a gem like Battlefield:Earth stack up against classic cinema like Wing Commander.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

that is the crapiest website i've ever seen
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

thank god its not fake.....ep...
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
m4yh3m
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by m4yh3m »

Voronwë wrote:that is the crapiest website i've ever seen
Really? I probably could do crappier...

I'm not a graphics guy (duh!), I'll probably just end up using a Dreamweaver skin or something. While I'm not complaining, learning HTML/DreamWeaver/PHP just isnt what I am interested in doing after working 60 hours a week doing Active Directory implementation at work. I've thought about asking for help with the design, but most of the peeps I know are infrastructure geeks like me and don't do graphics. Sigh... (note to self, get Tony Robbins tape then I can do anything)

Animalor wrote:But how does a gem like Battlefield:Earth stack up against classic cinema like Wing Commander
Hrm, that is a tough call. Wing Commander is also a complete waste of time, but they at least tried to make an effort at a workable movie there and in many ways that isn't as amusing to me. Freddy Prinze bugs me, and seeing the guy from SLC Punk in such a crappy role also was disturbing.

(WWW, DVDs, Xbox)
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Finally I am not alone. Or at least not the only one to have admitted enjoying that movie. I also own Wing Commander on DVD but to be honest I haven't watched it but maybe twice. I also own the Marky Mark Planet of the Apes but mainly out of my love of the original movies.
Shashonna
Star Farmer
Star Farmer
XBL Gamertag: Shashonna

Post by Shashonna »

OK where is the petition to stop this movie. Starship Troppers was the worst thing I have ever seen. So I guess they wanted to see if they can make this one twice as crappy. Blah maybe Doogie will be in it. Hope they get some futuristic weapons. Bleh bleh bleh
Shashonna Illumenada
Enchanter Extraordinaire!
Owner of the Snake Stick
m4yh3m
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by m4yh3m »

Shashonna wrote:OK where is the petition to stop this movie. Starship Troppers was the worst thing I have ever seen. So I guess they wanted to see if they can make this one twice as crappy. Blah maybe Doogie will be in it. Hope they get some futuristic weapons. Bleh bleh bleh
I kinda liked the first Starship Troopers, yes Doogie was a distraction and Denise Richards is annoying with her "Joker-esque" smile, but I couldn't argue with the concept of lots of bugs, blood, and 1 dimensional characters. And it had Michael Ironside in it!

(WWW, DVDs, Xbox)
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

My excitement meter is at 0% for this movie.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I don't know why they didn't title the original movie "Rip-off of Ender's Game". Maybe the sequel will be in the perspective of one of the underlings of Rico.
Waran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Waran

Post by Waran »

Animalor wrote:But how does a gem like Battlefield:Earth stack up against classic cinema like Wing Commander.
There's a reason Wing Commander was called "Seaquest in Space" :)

I mean come on, depth charges in SPACE?!?! Shhhh, they'll hear us if we don't be quiet! The kilrathi will find us in this here crater if we talk on the ship! Be quiet fools! :p

I laughed so hard at that movie.

Anyway, sad to say I own Starship Troopers on DVD. Fills a need for bug guts and the like, plus Michael Ironside is teh win!
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Waran wrote:Shhhh, they'll hear us if we don't be quiet! The kilrathi will find us in this here crater if we talk on the ship! Be quiet fools! :p
They...no..Bahahahahaha!
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I don't know why they didn't title the original movie "Rip-off of Ender's Game". Maybe the sequel will be in the perspective of one of the underlings of Rico.
Most likely because Starship Troopers was written well before Orson Scott Card started writing. Heinlein is one of the creators of what we know as Science Fiction today. The biggest problem with the movie is they didn't capture the fundamental ideal from the book about service to society.
Adelrune Argenti
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

The starship troopers book is the only book I've ever started and not finished. It just dragged along.
m4yh3m
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by m4yh3m »

Adelrune Argenti wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I don't know why they didn't title the original movie "Rip-off of Ender's Game". Maybe the sequel will be in the perspective of one of the underlings of Rico.
Most likely because Starship Troopers was written well before Orson Scott Card started writing. Heinlein is one of the creators of what we know as Science Fiction today. The biggest problem with the movie is they didn't capture the fundamental ideal from the book about service to society.
Starship Troopers was written in 1959, Enders game was written in 1985, so as Adel points out, if anything Enders Game was a ripoff of ST. Adel brings up one of the most interesting facts about Starship Troopers. The fundemental underlying moral message in my mind was similar to the message written in the book 1984: fascism is bad and will lead to corruption and oppression. The movie was comical in places and made fun of the faciest government with the facists appearing inept and one-dimensional.

The movie was good for what it was, but should have been called Bloody Bug Kill, a movie inspired by Heinlein's Starship Troopers.

(WWW, DVDs, Xbox)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Adelrune Argenti wrote:
What Adulrune said except I enjoyed the movie. It ws fun to watch although I wasn't expecting it to be like the book.

Heinlein rocks. Time Enough for Love, Stranger in a Strange Land, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress...on and on...he invented the internet as well.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I really loved SST. Was great they way they killed off characters. I really liked Gary's boy's character.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Citizen of the Galaxy and Have Spacesuit, Will Travel are my favorite Heinlein books.

Starship Troopers was one of the shittiest adaptations of a book I've ever seen. That movie was total cheese, more campy than Rocky Horror, and I fucking loved it. I hate myself for it, because it makes the book look like a fucking joke, but this movie wallows in its own crapulence with such cheerful enthusiasm.

p.s. The redhead in this flick is 100 times hotter than Denise Richards (who looks like an amalgamation of every "after" picture in Dr. Nick's Discount Plastic Surgery office).
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Masteen,

You BLASPHEMER!!!!! DENISE RICHARDS OWNS!!!!

'nuff said
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

No, she is a horrid actress. She would be ok in Playboy or something, but she should never be cast in films.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Keverian FireCry wrote:No, she is a horrid actress. She would be ok in Playboy or something, but she should never be cast in films.
I totally agree. That is why she was perfect for Starship Troopers. Her and that idiot lead kid were a match made in ScreenPlayGraveYard Heaven.
en kærlighed småkager
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I thought the whole point of the casting was to get a bunch of nobody-actors and actresses in order to kill them off without too many complaints of the character they got attached to being impaled.
:p
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

masteen wrote:...this movie wallows in its own crapulence with such cheerful enthusiasm.
I bought this one on DVD, it's great to watch every once in a while. A few more gratuitous boobies and it would have been perfect :)

Starship troopers probably my favorite Heinlein book. I like almost every thing he wrote though, and have most of the titles.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."