So the Zombie invasion begins...

Braaaaaains

Moderators: Truant, Fairweather Pure

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

So the Zombie invasion begins...

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Now what? You have raided the supermarkets for canned goods, managed to secure a number of firearms and other weapons. You realize that your home is not the best place to hold up because of all the windows and the patio door. Also, staying in a highly populated area is probably not the best idea. Where do you go? What do you look for in terms of a long term stay?

It is not enough to just survive the invasion. You have to plan on living beyond that and having a life. I have seen a prison become the home for those in the comic Walking Dead. That's fine but eventually you are going to want to regain what was lost. There is only so much you get scavenge from the stores and such. Planting crops and starting fresh but you need to be able to ensure that doing that will be a safe venture.

Thoughts?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: So the Zombie invasion begins...

Post by Fairweather Pure »

If I'm in the city, I would do the old "destory all stairs and ladders leading to the second floor" routine. Scavanging would be a big part at the start, as would fortifying and dividing up the apartment complex for maximum organization and utilization of the space provided. From there, I would branch out and do the same to other buildings within easy reach. Who knows, eventually building a means of getting from building to building via bridges or tunneling could be a viable option. Depending on how many survivors you are responsible for would greatly influence the overall scope of any rebuilding efforts.

You could actually farm on top of buildings if you had to.

Cheif amoungst my priorities would be a zombie culling and killing area that would involve the constant killing and disposal of the undead with safe, hands free means. Instead of using bullets, I would rig a system of blades on long boles or something like that that could be used safely from a second story area to harvest the undead. You wouldn't even need baldes. You could just rig a series of blunt force weapons that could be dropped and hauled back up. Disposal would be the difficult part since fire is always a hazard.

If I were in a rual area, I would assume I would be either alone, or just taking care of my family. In that case, I would get a moderate sized homestead and fortify, stock, and hold out. I would only go forward with zombie culling if I was 100% sure of my fortification and exactely how many and what type of zombies were in my area.

In both cases, having a Plan B (and C, D) would be very important. If something goes wrong, everyone needs to be aware and trained on what to do in certian situations (such as a fire, breakthrough, ect).
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

A supply of water would be your best friend. You would have to secure a location near a river, lake, pond, etc. If you were smart, you stocked up on water purification devices ahead of time. If you were near a river, you would be able to take care of a majority of food and water needs by fishing and using the water right from that source. One could also take advantage of all the free stuff by getting one big ass boat to make your temporary home. It might bring into question one detail that we do not know about zombies......can they swim and will they venture into water?

If forced to land I would be doing much what Fair said.....sticking to concrete buildings with rooftops. If there were multiple survivors with you, then it would be taking turns clearing the building/buildings and establishing a perimeter defense that you could then keep expanding outward gradually. I would think that the best bet would actually be collapsing the roadways in a city block at a time as it would be easier for zombies to climb over or push down barricades than it would be to climb out of a put....especially if one used rebar or some other object erected at an angle to prevent climbing out.

The one HUGE problem I had with the movie Legend was the lack of preparation he had. If he knew there was such an issue with ultraviolet lights, then why did he not rig up massive amounts of them to use at night to ward off attacks?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

you would be able to take care of a majority of food and water needs by fishing and using the water right from that source
Ummm, what about zombie fish?
Do you become a zombie if you eat zombie fish?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I have seen zombie fish addressed once, and zombie wildlife a few times. Briane Keene seemed pretty hip to it, and made a pretty scary scenario out of it, especially with the "species hopping". Also, think of the hopelessness if you try to weigh which is worse; living in a densly human-populated area and dealing with regular zombies, or trying to survive in BFE with zombie deer, rodent and ZOMBIE FUCKING BIRDS!!1!
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Minimum security prison is no joke. Kill some zombie ass the first day or become somebody's dinner.
- Ash
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

How everything goes to Hell in a Zombie Apocalypse

big image, couldn't seem to post the whole thing here
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

That's how you do it, son.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

I call shenanigans on that poster...

they'd never get your ass in a ball pit...
Timmah.