Dead Birds (2004) DVD review

Why can't witches have babies? Because their husbands have hallo-weenies.
For scary, spooky or other Halloween-related posts.

Moderator: Fairweather Pure

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Dead Birds (2004) DVD review

Post by Fairweather Pure »

A band of misfit soldiers rob a bank and hide in an abandoned house that happenes to be haunted as fuck. Oh yeah, this takes place during the civial war. Seclusion, mistrust, and a haunted house. Check. Check. Check.

This movie freaked my wife out. Anything with freaky kids in it gets to her, and this movie had plenty of that going on.

Out of all of the movies I have bought and watched lately, this was probably the most "scarey". The entire story takes place on a single stormy night in an extremely haunted house. Our rag tag group of bank robbers get taken out one by one as the house reveals it's story as the night goes on. Remember the Amityville Horror remake from 2005? It has the exact same underlying formula as Dead Birds, yet completely fucked it up. Dead Birds may have some flaws, but the scares are genuine and fun.

The cast is full of great actors before they were given more famous roles later in their careers. None of them really get a chance to do much acting though. Lets see... There's Elliot from ET, the kid from Almost Famous who is grown up, the guy who was in Bug and was nominated for an Academy Award for Revolutionary Road, and the black guy from Gray's Anatomy who got fired for calling that guy a fucking faggot on the set.

This is kind of paint by numbers horror. However, it paints a pretty good picture when everything is said and done. I give Dead Birds a 7/10. Btw, I have no fucking clue what the name of the movie refers to at all and for some reason that still bothers me.